Home Made House Reviews

Rudninku 13 - 5, Vilnius, Lithuania

best hostel in lithuania for very good reasons, truly like a family

Nice and cozy hostel with great location. Really felt like you were staying in a proper home rather than a hostel. Toilets and kitchen were always clean and the fact that there was only one shower didn´t cause any problems. Special thanks to lovely Renate who gave us so many great tips on places to visit! We loved that she recommended places that she liked herself. Made us visit places tourists normally wouldn´t find. Keep up the good work =)

Had a wonderful stay, felt like being at home. All guests felt the same so made dinner at night warm and sociable. Special thanks to Renata, you made it so much better :)

This is weird one, its litterally a house with 12 bunks which has been opened as a hostel but is a sucess purely through the sheer will of the owner / host who is absolutely fantastic. She got everyone involved organised evening activies including inviting us to a barbeque and going to an open air cinema around the corner.

Believe the reviews! Lina is a wonderful hostess and Home Made House is exactly as it sounds in the title. A small hostel with only 12 beds, this place felt more like a family home than a hostel. Lina cooked a delicious free breakfast each morning, and greeted us all with city maps and a ton of suggestions of things to see and do. She even invited us all to join in a BBQ with her friends and neighbours. Despite only one shower and hot weather, loved this place. Highly recommended!

We arrived late to Home Made House and was made feel welcomed on arrival. We stayed in a double bed private shared bathroom comfortable clean room with a view. Stayed in hostel for 3 nights and there was great interaction with fellow travellers. Lina cooked an enjoyable breakfast and she shared tips with us what to do and see in Vilnius - she even recommended to us a great restaurant! The atmosphere in this hostel felt like home from home. Thanks

The hostel is as the name suggests, very homely, having 12 beds and a very welcoming and helpful owner, who is a backpacker herself, so knows what is important. It ticks all the boxes. Thanks for a lovely stay Lena.

The cozy atmosphere the hostel claims to be its highlight is not really so. It's not very clean - the fridge had a very bad smell and products passed the expiration date left by old guests -, the bedroom had no curtains, so you wake up at 4:30 with the sun burning your face - really! - and there's only 1 bathroom for 12 people (maybe if it was cleaner it would be ok). The host helped us with very good tips from the city but it didn't feel very safe since there isn't always someone in the hostel.

Home made house is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The location and the facilities are great but mostly this is because of Lina, the incredibly generous, fun, friendly, warm, intelligent and relaxed woman who runs the place. She manages to create a home-like atmosphere, cooked breakfast, arrange wine testing evenings and took us out to restaurants and pubs. I stayed for a week and I long to go back there. It was truly truly wonderful.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Nice host, helped us a lot with tips on what to see in the city (and outside). Made breakfast for us in the morning and lithuanian wine in the evening. The facility could have had one more shower though, but it was still ok.

The hostel's name describes it perfect, you really feel like at home. This hostel was the best one in out Balticum trip and we especially loved the daily fresh cooked breakfast, which was every morning different. The things, which can could be improved are the dirty carpet on the stairs and a ventilation system for the bathroom.

is a good hostel, is was nice to stay there

I really really loved my stay at the Home Made Hostel. For starters, Lina was incredibly cordial and upon arrival took the time to show me all of the amazing spots on the map and even asked me questions about my interests and designed it accordingly. It really was refreshing after two weeks of traveling. Plus, when I came back after a great day in the city, I was invited to a small wine tasting of some fun Lithuanian wines. 2 bathrooms, one shower was plenty. Highly recommended

Very good overall although I'd like to have had more than one bathroom.

Name of the hostel is well chosen, can only be positive about it, nothing negative to be reported at all...

I realize the importance of hot water haha :)

We had a great stay at Home Made Hostel, and would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting this beautiful capital!

Best hostel ever with great atmosphere, very friendly, perfect when traveling alone. You can either stay cosy at the hostel or go out. Lina and Renata are the sweetest girls ever plus the breakfast is just awesome!! Loved it!

The staff were great, very friendly and shared their culture and celebrations with guests. It felt like a family group. Even though the hostel was quite small, the atmosphere made up for it. Breakfasts were amazing - pancakes, amercian toast and omelette. Staff always willing to help, finding out as much information as possible. Really enjoyed my stay.

• 2nd Jul 2014

number one is hospitality. Renata is the best. thanks for everything and the delicious breakfast. :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3