Home Made House Reviews

Rudninku 13 - 5, Vilnius, Lithuania

The location is perfect, located in old town, but only 5 minutes from the bus and rail stations. The owner is great, and took us out to her favorite restaurant one night, and hung out with us on other nights. The place is very small, so by the end you get to know just about everyone staying, which is how a hostel is supposed to be!

Great place to stay! Thanks for everything and best wishes from Germany!

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I had a fantastic time in the Home Made House. Tiina is a marvelous host I had never encountered in other hostels before... Her hostel is like a real home for tourists of similar interests.. She offers all the facilities a tourist might ever need in a foreign place: good meals for breakfast, unequaled tips for sightseeing... I had the opportunity to go to the movies with her (or rather she took me to the movies), for there was a film festival in town then...

nice stay, just like staying at home thanks!

Wonderful wonderful place! It truly felt like staying at someone's house. We felt so welcome and Lina was lovely, making recommendations and taking the time to tell what to do. She hung out in the evening and offered wine and was a wonderful host. Thank you!

A great place to stay in Vilnius, Lina is very nice, it doesn't look like an hostel at all, rather a Bed&Breakfast with a lovely host always trying to help her guests to feel comfortable and discover the best of the city. If you're looking for something well-located, quiet but with the possibility to meet other people in a nice environment, go there !

• 8th Mar 2014

I felt like at home.Wonderful staff.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Poland

Pretty good hostel, I'd totally recommend it for Vilnius, close to train and bus stations, walking distance from every point of interest, good rates and cozy!

Really great stay at Home Made House ! I strongly advice you to go there.

• 29th Jan 2014

I stayed in this hostel for 1 night, it was my first experience in hostels, and it was really great! I had a lot of doubts and fears about hostels before, but now after this experience I will for sure book hostels during travelling. Lina was very nice, she invited us to taste wine with her, and we spoke a lot. For me it was very pleasant to discover, that she speaks Russian, as well, as Russians do.

It's a wonderful place: not large, very cosy. Not far from train and bus station as well as from city hall square. Hostess is very cordial.

Perfect place to chill and visit Vilnius. The owner Lina is a charming and fun person, and she really did our stay enjoyable. We will probably remember the Christmas eve dinner for years! Thanks Lina for such a great time there! Would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Vilnius, is really a home away from your home.

Lina is a great host - she cooked so much food for our christmas eve, we could not even finish half of t

• 22nd Dec 2013

great location, warm hospitality and freshly made breakfast made this place feel like home. Lina was more like a friend than a host. She arranged nights out for guests, and we had great fun together. highly recommended!

Good location (between railway station and old town) and warm atmosphere.

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Ukraine

Great hostel and super friendly staff!

I think this is the best attention I have ever received in my life. Thanks to Lina, she is awesome, best Lithuanian food, has the time of my life.

Definately the best hostel I´ve ever stayed in. It is very lovely, as well as the staff. :) Thank you very much for that pleasant stay. I will come back next summer. :)

• 17th Nov 2013

An excellent, small hostel. The host is incredible! We were made to feel so welcome. Each morning she got up and actually cooked everyone breakfast and provided some local wine at night for guests to get to know each other. The hostel is minutes from the bus and train stations and right in the Old Town close to restaurants and bars. Can not recommend this hostel enough.

Small cozy hostel, Lina was great! More of a couples retreat is say than for solo travelers, but still had a good stay.