Home Made House Reviews

Rudninku 13 - 5, Vilnius, Lithuania

Lena was a lovely host full of great recommendations and generosity (Lithuanian wine, a trip to a local bar, pancakes or French toast for breakfast). The kitchen was a hub of social activity. Loved the view from the attic! Vilnius is a charming gem of a city and I can't wait to return in the summer, although the snow was fun.

Great stay. Renata made us so welcome and give us get advice to get the most out of our trip. Lovely place to stay.

Very friendly and helpful hosts (many thanks!) and was interesting to try Lithuanian wine. Wifi good, location fantastic. Security re lockers and front door great, although dorm room open to anyone. The homely feel, by default, contains great positives but also drawbacks. It is a very social setting to meet people, hosts extremely kind and engaging, and the homely feel. But conversely, the hostel is really like a house and perhaps overly social if you're seeking introvert time! Recommend though!

It really does feel like a home stay, especially the handmade breakfast, simple but sweet. They do their best to help you get the most out of your visit to the city. One of the most memorable hostel experiences I had on this six month trip. The only downside is if you need alot of living space and privacy... Personally I left Vilnius feeling a more personal connection to the place than I otherwise would have.

The hostel is located between the main railway station (bus terminal) and the historic centre of Vilnius. .So it is possible to walk from the train to the hotel unless you are lugging really heavy bags. The room was nice and clean. Everyboday said that the shower room is only one but I think it is ok. The owner is very very kind to the guest. The most impressed thing was that she served the warm breakfast different menu every morning. Thanks for everything I really enjoyed my stay.

Great little hostel close to all the sights in the Old Town, and .a stones throw from the train and bus stations. Lena makes you all feel like a family rather than staying in a hostel....I was sad to leave.

After staying in bigger hostels in Tallinn and Riga, i decided that it was time to change and stay in a smaller place. Home Made House was my choice to stay in Vilnius and i can say that i couldn't choose a better place to stay. Home Made House had everything i wished for, friendly staff, friendly travellers, central location and home atmosphere! Lina is awesome, she takes care of the whole place, gives you tips about what to see in Vilnius and takes you to Lithuanian traditional pub. Excelent!

Loved: A very friendly and hard-working host. Because the place is so small, there is a right balance between socializing and getting an opportunity to have some quiet time. Excellent matresses!! Quiet after midnight. Disliked: Wi-Fi internet connection is extremely unstable (even in the kitchen). There are some ventilation / odour issues in the bathroom, should install an air extraction system (or repair/make it work, if installed).

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Russia

Great hostel in the Old Town. Very sociable and friendly. Lina or Renata took us out to different local bars every night I was there including places where tourists wouldn't usually go.

Good staff

Very nice small hostel. Staff is amazing. Morning breakfast is delicious. Close to the main station and city center. Free wifi. Highly recommended when visiting Vilnius.

looks like home, but too much home. the first floor toilet and bathroom need some venlation.

The place is small and cozy. Renata is very helpful and goes overboard to insure you have a nice stay. She takes more time than most to go over all the sites to see and answer questions. I arrived early hoping to drop my bags while I walked around and she fed me breakfast first. That said, the place is a bit small, with kitchen and lounge being one in the same- don't really see how that can be changed though working within the confines given. One improvement would be a better internet signal.

Definitely the best hostel I ever stay. 12 guests is the maxima. It's a small hostel, but small makes every thing better. I feel like at home, Renata take care everyone and everything. I really have a great time in here.

One of my favourite hostels! The host was super nice and friendly! Great atmosphere. Small and warm hostel so travelers can easily chat with each others. Tasty breakfast as well ;)

I really enjoyed my stay here. While I was there Renata was the only staff member running the hostel, but she made the stay special by going to lots of effort to bring the guests together. She would arrange dinner out, talk with all the guests and drink with us in the evening!.

The hostel is for 12 people max. There are 2 toilets and one shower, i think its enough, never had a problem. Theres only one staff, a wonderful person who runs around for everything, and she is damn good at her job. Definitely recommend you this hostel.

Very good breakfast and nice staff! Excellent hostel!

Renata was a great host, prepared jummy breakfast, gave us extensive advice and even took us to a bar at night. Sadly, the internet connection was very poor and there is only one shower for 12 people.

This hostel is a house tailored for visitors. The facilities are very good, just what you need for a place to sleep. The host Lina is incredibly kind and friendly and she prepared breakfast every morning. She also gave everyone wine to taste and gave us really good recommendations for eating and going out.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4