Home Made House Reviews

Rudninku 13 - 5, Vilnius, Lithuania

The cozy atmosphere the hostel claims to be its highlight is not really so. It's not very clean - the fridge had a very bad smell and products passed the expiration date left by old guests -, the bedroom had no curtains, so you wake up at 4:30 with the sun burning your face - really! - and there's only 1 bathroom for 12 people (maybe if it was cleaner it would be ok). The host helped us with very good tips from the city but it didn't feel very safe since there isn't always someone in the hostel.

Nice host, helped us a lot with tips on what to see in the city (and outside). Made breakfast for us in the morning and lithuanian wine in the evening. The facility could have had one more shower though, but it was still ok.

The hostel's name describes it perfect, you really feel like at home. This hostel was the best one in out Balticum trip and we especially loved the daily fresh cooked breakfast, which was every morning different. The things, which can could be improved are the dirty carpet on the stairs and a ventilation system for the bathroom.

is a good hostel, is was nice to stay there

I really really loved my stay at the Home Made Hostel. For starters, Lina was incredibly cordial and upon arrival took the time to show me all of the amazing spots on the map and even asked me questions about my interests and designed it accordingly. It really was refreshing after two weeks of traveling. Plus, when I came back after a great day in the city, I was invited to a small wine tasting of some fun Lithuanian wines. 2 bathrooms, one shower was plenty. Highly recommended

Very good overall although I'd like to have had more than one bathroom.

Name of the hostel is well chosen, can only be positive about it, nothing negative to be reported at all...

I realize the importance of hot water haha :)

We had a great stay at Home Made Hostel, and would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting this beautiful capital!

Best hostel ever with great atmosphere, very friendly, perfect when traveling alone. You can either stay cosy at the hostel or go out. Lina and Renata are the sweetest girls ever plus the breakfast is just awesome!! Loved it!

The staff were great, very friendly and shared their culture and celebrations with guests. It felt like a family group. Even though the hostel was quite small, the atmosphere made up for it. Breakfasts were amazing - pancakes, amercian toast and omelette. Staff always willing to help, finding out as much information as possible. Really enjoyed my stay.

• 2nd Jul 2014

number one is hospitality. Renata is the best. thanks for everything and the delicious breakfast. :)

I feel fortunate to have stayed at this Hostel. Everything was so nice! The people, the staff and the general atmosphere/ principle the hostel holds. Felt like home really

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Norway

Great host. Home cooked breakfast. Family-like atmosphere. Highly recommend!

By far the best hostel of our whole trip due to the sociable atmosphere as we spent every evening in the kitchen with the lovely host and other guests. We had free homecooked breakfast which was different each day as well as a free glass of Lithuanian wine in the evening. We arrived well before check in but our host let us store our bags and even got our rooms ready an hour earlier for us. Comfy and airy rooms which were spacious and clean. We had nothing bad to say about this hostel whatsoever.

Really hospitable staff, wonderful (free ) breakfast and a superb location. realy was a home from home.

Staying here was like crashing at a friends house. Lina cooks breakfast and gives you suggestions on what to see, she'll take you out for a drink, or arrange a barbecue for everyone to meet. Didn't feel like a hostel at all.

• 22nd Jun 2014

When you stay here, you are truly being invited into the home of a local. Lina is a great host, who cooks a rockin breakfast every morning and will hang out with you in a bar or BBQ with you at the house. Good location, close to bus/train stations and everthing in the old city. The hostel is small and intimate, with one shower. This was not a problem while we were there. We were lucky to have other cool travelers to talk to and watch World Cup with during our stay. We will be back.

The best hostel I have stayed in, hands down. Awesome home-cooked breakfast, Lithuanian wine tasting, fun conversations; everything here was exactly as a hostel should be thanks to the wonderful owner. This place was ideal for solo travelers to socialize and meet people. I can't say enough good things about this place!

Nice homey atmosphere, the lady who owns the place is very helpful and friendly. Bakes pancakes in the mornings for the guests sometimes and offered us a glass of wine upon arrival. The double rooms upstairs are nice.

• 16th Jun 2014