Home Made House Reviews

Rudninku 13 - 5, Vilnius, Lithuania

Name of the hostel is well chosen, can only be positive about it, nothing negative to be reported at all...

I realize the importance of hot water haha :)

We had a great stay at Home Made Hostel, and would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting this beautiful capital!

Best hostel ever with great atmosphere, very friendly, perfect when traveling alone. You can either stay cosy at the hostel or go out. Lina and Renata are the sweetest girls ever plus the breakfast is just awesome!! Loved it!

The staff were great, very friendly and shared their culture and celebrations with guests. It felt like a family group. Even though the hostel was quite small, the atmosphere made up for it. Breakfasts were amazing - pancakes, amercian toast and omelette. Staff always willing to help, finding out as much information as possible. Really enjoyed my stay.

• 2nd Jul 2014

number one is hospitality. Renata is the best. thanks for everything and the delicious breakfast. :)

I feel fortunate to have stayed at this Hostel. Everything was so nice! The people, the staff and the general atmosphere/ principle the hostel holds. Felt like home really

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Norway

Great host. Home cooked breakfast. Family-like atmosphere. Highly recommend!

By far the best hostel of our whole trip due to the sociable atmosphere as we spent every evening in the kitchen with the lovely host and other guests. We had free homecooked breakfast which was different each day as well as a free glass of Lithuanian wine in the evening. We arrived well before check in but our host let us store our bags and even got our rooms ready an hour earlier for us. Comfy and airy rooms which were spacious and clean. We had nothing bad to say about this hostel whatsoever.

Really hospitable staff, wonderful (free ) breakfast and a superb location. realy was a home from home.

Staying here was like crashing at a friends house. Lina cooks breakfast and gives you suggestions on what to see, she'll take you out for a drink, or arrange a barbecue for everyone to meet. Didn't feel like a hostel at all.

• 22nd Jun 2014

When you stay here, you are truly being invited into the home of a local. Lina is a great host, who cooks a rockin breakfast every morning and will hang out with you in a bar or BBQ with you at the house. Good location, close to bus/train stations and everthing in the old city. The hostel is small and intimate, with one shower. This was not a problem while we were there. We were lucky to have other cool travelers to talk to and watch World Cup with during our stay. We will be back.

The best hostel I have stayed in, hands down. Awesome home-cooked breakfast, Lithuanian wine tasting, fun conversations; everything here was exactly as a hostel should be thanks to the wonderful owner. This place was ideal for solo travelers to socialize and meet people. I can't say enough good things about this place!

Nice homey atmosphere, the lady who owns the place is very helpful and friendly. Bakes pancakes in the mornings for the guests sometimes and offered us a glass of wine upon arrival. The double rooms upstairs are nice.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Poland

The best hostel stayed in on this trip. Atmosphere very warm and familiar. The owner is always helpful. Will def.recommend it

I had a very good time. Its a great place to stay just like as if you are staying in your own home. The host Lina was great. I like the breakfast! That was ace! I will strongly recommend this hostel for anyone who likes homely atmosphere.

friendly, easy to find, not like a hostel but like your staying at friends house. breakfast is free, if you want to go out the owner will take you out. if you need tips shell give them too. if your in Vilnius for few days. this is the place if you need to a starting point.

Staff friendly and helpful. Best atmosphere of any place I stayed in Lithuania.

No complaints whatsoever. Reasonably priced, very clean, centrally located, homemade breakfast every morning, and each bed has its own locker. Plus Lina was very accommodating when my flight was delayed, and I arrived in the middle of the night. Would definitely recommend Home Made House to my friends who are looking for an affordable place to stay in Vilnius!

I really enjoyed the 4 nights there. The Staff was always really friendly and totally uncomplicated. If I would come back there, definately to this hostel.

• 31st May 2014