Home Made House Reviews

Rudninku 13 - 5, Vilnius, Lithuania

I feel fortunate to have stayed at this Hostel. Everything was so nice! The people, the staff and the general atmosphere/ principle the hostel holds. Felt like home really

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Norway

Great host. Home cooked breakfast. Family-like atmosphere. Highly recommend!

By far the best hostel of our whole trip due to the sociable atmosphere as we spent every evening in the kitchen with the lovely host and other guests. We had free homecooked breakfast which was different each day as well as a free glass of Lithuanian wine in the evening. We arrived well before check in but our host let us store our bags and even got our rooms ready an hour earlier for us. Comfy and airy rooms which were spacious and clean. We had nothing bad to say about this hostel whatsoever.

Really hospitable staff, wonderful (free ) breakfast and a superb location. realy was a home from home.

Staying here was like crashing at a friends house. Lina cooks breakfast and gives you suggestions on what to see, she'll take you out for a drink, or arrange a barbecue for everyone to meet. Didn't feel like a hostel at all.

• 22nd Jun 2014

When you stay here, you are truly being invited into the home of a local. Lina is a great host, who cooks a rockin breakfast every morning and will hang out with you in a bar or BBQ with you at the house. Good location, close to bus/train stations and everthing in the old city. The hostel is small and intimate, with one shower. This was not a problem while we were there. We were lucky to have other cool travelers to talk to and watch World Cup with during our stay. We will be back.

The best hostel I have stayed in, hands down. Awesome home-cooked breakfast, Lithuanian wine tasting, fun conversations; everything here was exactly as a hostel should be thanks to the wonderful owner. This place was ideal for solo travelers to socialize and meet people. I can't say enough good things about this place!

Nice homey atmosphere, the lady who owns the place is very helpful and friendly. Bakes pancakes in the mornings for the guests sometimes and offered us a glass of wine upon arrival. The double rooms upstairs are nice.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Poland

The best hostel stayed in on this trip. Atmosphere very warm and familiar. The owner is always helpful. Will def.recommend it

I had a very good time. Its a great place to stay just like as if you are staying in your own home. The host Lina was great. I like the breakfast! That was ace! I will strongly recommend this hostel for anyone who likes homely atmosphere.

friendly, easy to find, not like a hostel but like your staying at friends house. breakfast is free, if you want to go out the owner will take you out. if you need tips shell give them too. if your in Vilnius for few days. this is the place if you need to a starting point.

Staff friendly and helpful. Best atmosphere of any place I stayed in Lithuania.

No complaints whatsoever. Reasonably priced, very clean, centrally located, homemade breakfast every morning, and each bed has its own locker. Plus Lina was very accommodating when my flight was delayed, and I arrived in the middle of the night. Would definitely recommend Home Made House to my friends who are looking for an affordable place to stay in Vilnius!

I really enjoyed the 4 nights there. The Staff was always really friendly and totally uncomplicated. If I would come back there, definately to this hostel.

• 31st May 2014

Great hostel with a helpful staff.

It is a great hostel If you want to get some good sleep and meet some people. The hostel is quite small only 12 beds. The host Lisa is great she even gave us free wine every evening.

Great Hostel! Great Staff! Loved my stay

The lady is very nice and helpful !

How do you sum this place up into 500 characters... Lina was amazing. Free breakfast each morning and a different one each time. If you want to meet people and have the social time of your life, this is the place. The place is very communal. While it had only one shower but even when the hostel was full, the hot water never ran out and there was enough time to each take a shower. Lina's speech of where to go in town is a must. Get away from the usual hostel vibe and try communal Vilnius

Cosy, cosy, cosy! Prefect location: few minutes walking from train and bus station and inside the Old Town as well. At Home Made House you can enjoy different good home made brakfast every home made morning! The owner is very friendly and ready to help you. Just one shower, but despite expectations this never turned out as a problem.