Home Sweet Home Reviews

No.111, Wat Bo Village, Salakomroek Commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Everything worked but the hostel would rate higher if the following were dealt with: 1) The windows need washing. Looks like they have not been cleaned in years. Gives a bad impression 2) Security would have been better if the door safety latch was not broken and if the door handle was not so loose. 3) Facilities would score higher if the walls were repainted to hide water stains and scuff marks. These are small things but count a lot in the eyes of travelers. Otherwise, I enjoyed my stay.

I stayed eleven days at HSH. Accommodations vary according to the room you are assigned. The first room I was assigned had faulty AC and bathroom fan. However, my complaint resulted in a reassignment to a room where everything worked. My room was cleaned and the bed made up with clean sheets and towels each day. Guests are provided with two bottles of water and bar soap each day. Rooms are quiet with ample hot water for showers. Staff were helpful in arranging transport to local sites.

Very disappointing. We had to pay 2$ extra pP/night if we want to use the aircon and this wasn't stated here. After the first night we had to change the room; the new one we got was smelly and the toilet didn't flush. We asked for a different room and got one with double bed and only 1 blanket. We wasted a whole morning with this hassle and when we were complaining (we still had to pay the full price!) they just said "if you don't like it here feel free to go somewhere else".... No words!

The hostel location is Ok, the room is clean, but still have some creepy lizards on stairs. But if you used this hostel, beware not to use any service. I booked a bus to Phnom Pehn via hostel with 12$, when I went to bus station I shocked to see I used another bus company and its price was 6 $ I even wanted to get a tuktuk to Angkor Wat, they told me price is 20$, but I didn't accept. and just in front of the hostel, I found a tuktuk for only 10$ (and maybe I could get it cheaper if I negotiate

Location: Outside the hostel is yellow mud. Staff: Very unfriendly, feel like not really willing to help us. Atmosphere/cleanliness: Haze, full of sand Value of money:I definitely not recommend this hostel, Wi-Fi only works when you go out to the corridor or balcony.

The staff were friendly when you could get their attention, we sat down for breakfast twice and left as no one took our order. Apart from that, great wi fi, clean room and room service every day with new bottles of water. Location nice and quiet at night and only 10 minute walk along the river to Pub Street. Booked temple tour here too and bus tickets. Pleasent stay.

• 20th Jul 2014

the staff are friendly and smiling. the rooms are nice and big. we enjoyed the quality of meals served in the restaurant ...