Home Sweet Home Reviews

No.111, Wat Bo Village, Salakomroek Commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Very disappointing. We had to pay 2$ extra pP/night if we want to use the aircon and this wasn't stated here. After the first night we had to change the room; the new one we got was smelly and the toilet didn't flush. We asked for a different room and got one with double bed and only 1 blanket. We wasted a whole morning with this hassle and when we were complaining (we still had to pay the full price!) they just said "if you don't like it here feel free to go somewhere else".... No words!

The hostel location is Ok, the room is clean, but still have some creepy lizards on stairs. But if you used this hostel, beware not to use any service. I booked a bus to Phnom Pehn via hostel with 12$, when I went to bus station I shocked to see I used another bus company and its price was 6 $ I even wanted to get a tuktuk to Angkor Wat, they told me price is 20$, but I didn't accept. and just in front of the hostel, I found a tuktuk for only 10$ (and maybe I could get it cheaper if I negotiate

Location: Outside the hostel is yellow mud. Staff: Very unfriendly, feel like not really willing to help us. Atmosphere/cleanliness: Haze, full of sand Value of money:I definitely not recommend this hostel, Wi-Fi only works when you go out to the corridor or balcony.

The staff were friendly when you could get their attention, we sat down for breakfast twice and left as no one took our order. Apart from that, great wi fi, clean room and room service every day with new bottles of water. Location nice and quiet at night and only 10 minute walk along the river to Pub Street. Booked temple tour here too and bus tickets. Pleasent stay.

• 20th Jul 2014

the staff are friendly and smiling. the rooms are nice and big. we enjoyed the quality of meals served in the restaurant ...

This was the first place we stayed on our 2 months of travelling. They made us feel really welcome and were really helpful with arranging a Tuk Tuk to take us around Angkor Wat. They picked us up form the Airport for free. I forgot to contact them, but Mr Sunday contacted me to double check we didn't need picking up. Great service! At the point we stayed we didn't have much to compare it to. However, looking back Home Sweet Home was a great hostel and we would all highly recommend it!!!

Has everything you need, just a bit of a weird vibe

Was a great place to stay for what we wanted. Was annoying that the WiFi didn't reach the rooms and would only work intermittently.