Home Travelers - Athinaikon Reviews

40 Evripidou street, Athens, Greece

Excellent location. Loads of brass and restaurants 5 mins away. Reception were always welcoming and helpful. I would stay here again based on location alone. Was a bonus the staff were sine of the friendliest on our whole trip

Vikki and Niko are super nice and helpful!The room was simple but very clean and comfortable!Room service provided everyday.LOCATION is a WINNER here with walking distance to every main area.there are some nice local diners around too.it's not a 5-star hotel room, but just simple and nice.Totally worth the money paid! I find it cheap for this rate indeed.Will definitely stay here again when I go to Athens next!Thank you Athinaikon, Niko and Vikki! We enjoyed our stay:)

At first I was hesitant to get a room in Athens for less than 30€. The room is small and spartan in style, but first and foremost: *IT IS CLEAN*, bedsheets are spotless, fresh towels and the small bathroom is squeaky clean! The AC works ok & quietly, there's a small TV and a vending machine in the stairs. The staff is absolutely great! Located just a walk away from Monastiraki square, Akropolis and the National Museum; just don't mind the graffitis on buildings. Unbeatable for the price: 4.5 / 5

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Nice place. Single room was very very small but clean and cosy. It would be good to have a kettle in common area. Staff was nice and very friendly and helpfull. Thanks for that.

Good spot in town - close to shops etc

The lady at the desk was sweet and helpful. The other staff were not as welcoming. The location was good in that it was very close to the Acropolis but it was not a very nice area. I did not feel safe walking around there alone as a female traveler. The "shower" consisted of a shower head on a hose sitting next to the toilet in a tiny bathroom. It was nice having air-conditioning and occasional internet though.

• 28th Jul 2014

The location of the hotel is just perfect, close to both Monastiraki and Omonoia metro stations, with numerous stores selling spices and delights around it. People who work at the hotel are very very kind and polite, ready to give you all kinds of advises and recommendations. The room was not too big, but it was very comfortable. It was cleaned on a daily basis, and I got clean towels every morning. I am more than pleased, it was worth every cent I paid, even extended my stay there for a day

easy place to stay at, only stayed one night so can't complain

Good location near center and market area, friendly staff but somewhat difficult stairs if you have heavy luggage

Great Staff, but too much humidity and a small rooms

• 14th Jul 2014

In the old town, easy to get to the metro line to go to either the port or airport. Simple but great value for money rooms, I had a single room which had ac. I would stay again

• 11th Jul 2014

Good location and very friendly staff. There was a possibility to buy (6€) good breakfast from hotel next to.

This was a conveniently located hostel, 5 minute walk to the metro, and within walking distance of a lot of the ruins. The staff were available to help when needed.

The hostel people were very helpful & made my stay in Athens very pleasant

• 7th Jun 2014

nice place to stay nice lady on desk great location

• 2nd Jun 2014

great suprise! don't let the grafitti around it deter you. clean room; pleasant staff; ideal location for exploring the Acropolis, central to metro stns, nearby cafes, thriving nightlife and shopping districts (with spice

Good stay. I was surprised how nice it was for the price. Small room but no complaints.

I had a wonderful journey at Athinaikon, the woman at the desk was so nice. The very central position is perfect to visit Athenes and I loved the neighborhood with this central market. The bedroom was small but well organized, and clean.

• 16th May 2014

The place is fairly close to the metro. It was also fairly easy to find if I would only learn to look up more. The price was good for what I got. I actually would've stayed another day but they were booked solid. No complaints.