Home Travelers - Athinaikon

7.6
Very Good 362 Total Reviews

26th Aug 2017
7.4

You get what you pay for, I needed a place to sleep just a few hours between a busy day out and about and an early flight and this was perfect. the room is very basic, but has what you need for a few hours rest and a quick shower. Would recommend for a budget traveler, but there are not a lot of extra amenities/posh decor.

19th Aug 2017

I was very happy with my stay. The staff went above and beyond my expectations. I accidentally left my phone at the hotel when I left to visit Santorini. By the time I realized what I had done I had already arrived at Santorini. I called Athinaikon and they had already found my phone and kept it for me until I returned to Athens 7 days later. They are very good people!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
6th Aug 2017
6.9

Definitely a budget hotel so decent value for money - not necessarily a great/safe location, but if you are using it as just a stopover hotel in Athens before you move onto the Greek islands it is good for that. Hotel was clean as were the rooms and bathroom and 24 hour reception is good but mainly the area is not very nice

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
30th Jul 2017

The staff was great and the location as well, the only thing is that my room smelled of cigars.

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 18-24
21st Jul 2017
7.7

Location is amazing and Petros made sure our stay was enjoyable and answered any questions we had. We did have ants in our rooms though on 2 occasions. Overall would recommend for the money.

• mittajones
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
15th Jul 2017

It's a great cheap hotel with very friendly staff and located close to the Acropolis which was handy. Was a good stay after a long flight and good value for money but don't expect to be social because there isn't really social spaces.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
11th Jul 2017
3.4

On arriving to this place we were told that our booking had been cancelled due to a credit card that was invalid ( deposit was taken from my account), even though we had received a confirmation email. They also tried to tell us that they sent us a email to notify us of the cancelation, after checking my emails I could not find anything of this nature. We wended up with a worst room for more money that had a terrible odour! DEFINITELY WOULD AVOID THIS PLACE ITS A PEICE OF SH*T.

• USA, Female, 25-30
20th Jun 2017
3.1

Sketchy hotel and location.

• USA, Female, 41+
11th Jun 2017
4.0

Only a little worse than expected for the price

• Sweden, All Female Group, 31-40
9th Jun 2017

Adequate good stay for a few nights. Friendly and helpful receptionist Peter. Location is great, walking distance to all interesting places like Monasteraki square, Ermou shopping street, Plaka neighborhood and the Acropolis. The room is a bit small but kept clean. The bed is comfy. Air-con works but has a bit of moldy smell. Great WiFi. They keep your luggage, which is nice. The negative thing is that the bathroom has no enclosed shower wall/curtain so water will run everywhere.

×