Home Travellers Motel- St Kilda Reviews

32 Carlisle Street, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

Absolutely fantastic will be staying here again

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Please do! The more the merrier :D:D:D

Nice hostel with very friendly staf, willig to help at any time. It is in nice neigborhood, although little far from center, but trams work fine.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Croatia
  • All Female Group, 41+

Thanks for the feedback! We're always happy to hear back from people once they have continued on. Hope you both enjoyed the remainder of your Aussie trip :)

Great hostel! Stayed here when I arrived in melbourne and came backfor a second stay a year later. Great atmosphere, helpful staff, comfortable beds, and a great location. Great for backpackers traveling on a budget.

Hey John! Thanks for staying again! Come back if you're ever back in the neighborhood (: Home Crew

Really great location and the staff are fantastic. It's a good long term place and a good short term place too, I can't recommend it enough. If you've just got to Melbourne you should check this place out as you'll definitely make friends. Rooms are a good price for what you get, cleaned daily and the kitchen is cleaned at least twice a day... possibly more. Free BBQ on a Sunday, what more could you ask for?!

Hiya! Thanks for reviewing (:

The boys at reception are very friendly and caring would defiantly reccommend this place to others. 👍👍

• 26th Jun 2014

Hi! Thanks for reviewing. It's really nice to hear that. You're awesome too :P

Other than slightly irritating noise in the small hours of the morning we had an excellent stay

• 13th Jun 2014

Hi Thanks for the feedback! We're always happy to know your thoughts- I just wish you had let us know at the time or in the morning so we could amend the problem if its ongoing. None the less I'm glad it didn't disrupt your stay. Come again, safe travels!

Staff are amazing - so helpful!The rooms are very clean and warm and have everything you need, I would definitely come back here. It was my boyfriends birthday the day before we came and Alex got him a bag of chips and a happy birthday note on our door after we came back from looking at the penguins at St. Kilda beach - an awesome experience and another thing we never would have seen if we didn't stay at the hotel because they come out late at night and Alex told us all about it. Best cafes&bars

Haha! I'm glad you enjoyed your chips and the secret spot to find the penguins :P It's really nice that you reflected that we contributed to your positive experience here in Melbourne. If you're ever back in town please come to stay again- we enjoyed having you! Home Crew

After staying in, the more "commercial" backpackers, near by, my friend and I decided to move to a smaller and cheaper hostel, from which we chose home Travelers. We were pleasantly surprised and have returned since coming back to Melbourne. The staff have great banter but are always willing to help and the atmosphere is always great. The short term and long term guests that choose home travelers have always made the environment, fun yet chilled which has made this place a 'home away from home!'

• 29th May 2014

As a man who's traversed the globe for no less than the past half decade, I've had the privilege of staying at some of the best and worst hostels this planet has to offer. That being said, the beautiful spirit this hostel encompasses was powerful enough to put a halt to my desire to be in constant motion and encouraged me to settle down here for the past 7 months. Great people from all around the world. The staff are some of the most down to earth dudes you'll meet. Except Joe, he eats babies.

• 22nd May 2014

Ended up living here for 6 months..... Good facilities for the price, nice open air layout that you won't find in the city. Have met so many awesome people here over the months. Staff is awesome too and always down for a chat :-)

Discovered this cute little hostel on the way to the St Kilda Festival. I was attracted by the open air common area, garage-turned-bbq/chill out space, free parking spaces, and of course, the ping pong table! Stayed there for 2 weeks, and I enjoyed it every bit. The receptionists are friendly, the facilites in excellent conditions (ensuite bathroom in EVERY dorm), and the environment very cozy. I make tons of friends there and we had great fun. The only downside is that they shut everything at 1

• 1st May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Staff are very helpful and always on hand if you ever need something. The beds were really comfy with a nice thick duvet for the cold nights, my room in general was always kept clean as well. Kitchen had everything you needed and there was enough for everyone to use even during the busier periods where everyone is cooking! Only bad thing is the wifi, it's fast but at $2 for an hour is a bit much!

• 30th Apr 2014

We really loved the guys at the front desk, they were lovely! :)

• 26th Apr 2014

Noise did not stop at specified time, kitchen was dirty, room was cold and heater barely heated the room, tram right outside to take u to city but bit too far for me trams are slow

• 23rd Apr 2014

There is a very good reason why they call this home travellers motel. It feels like home just after a few days. Your fellow backpackers are welcoming and helpful, the staff knowledgeable and courtesuous. They clean everything daily and kitchen twice a day. There's a large selection of movies to watch and free hotdog night every Sunday. For the money it's the best in st Kilda and the location beats any of the city hostels hands down. If a fun part of town, and the beach is 5 minutes walk away.

Really enjoyed this hostel! It has a nice community feel to it, and is really close to trams and St. Kilda beach! I had a terrible roommate one evening and the staff dealt with them very well.

• 18th Apr 2014

Good time Good things: location, easy to meet people, staff were multi-lingual Bad things: kick out at 11pm (although i appreciated it when i had to get up early), no lockers in rooms

Best hostel in the world to make friends... Always attracts awesome people. Really comfortable beds and all dorms are ensuite. Could not recommend this hostel more. Only downside is that they close it down at 11pm, including the kitchen and living room.

The carpet and therefore the room smelled disgusting, so it was hard to sleep without a open window. If the window was opened though, it was quite loud because the outside common area was just beneath the window and nobody (neither staff nor other tenants) seemend to care about being quiet after 10pm. Apart from that, on the first morning of our stay the receptionist told us that somebody needs to see our room at 11am to measure the windows. Good things: free brekkie, the area

• 27th Mar 2014

Really amazing hostel. The location is probably the best in St Kilda and the staff are brilliant. The rooms and bathrooms are cleaned every day, the kitchen is good, plenty of fridge and shelf space and it's normally easy to find a time to cook. This is the most social hostel I've ever stayed in, there's always something happening but it always ends at 11pm which means you can get to sleep if you want! Anyone coming to Melbourne, long or short term should definitely stay here! Rob