Home Travellers Motel- St Kilda Reviews

32 Carlisle Street, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

Basic but effective and will be back

The atmosphere in htm is very good. Reception is very helpful and the staff. People there r not crazy but having very good communicating atmosphere. I went there just 2 nites but I really enjoy the penguin trip and the environment in surrounding. Btw, they have hair dryer at reception

a quiet,laid-back hostel. The staff was great, they take you on tour trips and provide you with a lot of information. The rooms are clean and quite big. I stayed in a 12 bed dorm which was more like two 6 bed dorms that shared one bathroom. Toilet and shower is in the same room which was a bit annoying.

Wow,really amazing friendly staff"s Joe,Adam,Alex they are help me and show me how am I going to the Kilda beach.This is the only 1 super spacious & cleaness hostel that I had met when I travel in Melbourne & Sydney for my 5 days holiday where I had staying in different hostel in Melbourne City & Sydney,in Australia.The Price is the best if you want to save more money and meet more friends from here,free wifi all days as well and super spacious Kicthen & TV Cinema Lounge at this hostel.

Overall my stay was good. Get rid of those black couches in the TV lounge they are wrecked. TV only one channel. Kitchen good, Beds quite comfortable. Rooms messy (other guests). Good ensuites. Quite clean generally. Staff very helpful. carpark. Security pretty good.

• 29th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Negative: - Wall heater near the bed didn't work (The other one did, however) - Bath mat was a bit tatty, marked with bleach stains - A few cobwebs above the curtains Positive: - Very helpful and obliging staff - Nice and quiet, which surprised me for a backpackers hotel

• 29th May 2015

Very cool hostel .. Friendly people ..

Good spot in St Kilda, it's close to the beach and easy to get trams into the city. Staff are helpful and friendly!

Really great place would highly recommend -- will be comming back -- all great staff except for Joe who eats babies

• 10th May 2015
  • Afghanistan

Roommates were smoking so that smoke came into the room...One night sb slept in one bed without paying But staff mostly helpful and friendly :)

• 23rd Apr 2015

Heya! Thanks for reviewing. Sorry about the smoking - wherever possible we try to prevent people smoking near the windows to avoid that. Have safe travels :) Home

Very clean and nice room. The heater didn't work, but the staff delivered us another one.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Finland

Not bad but not good as well. The shower was most of the time frozen ! Not really kind !!

Thankyou for my ammmmmmmazimg stay here, I've really made so many close friends here and I feel like part of the family. I'll miss all the sarcastic hilarious signs and the infamous garage limbo. Easily the best hostel I could have picked in Melbourne to stay in long term/at all!!

Hey! Thanks for staying and thanks for the kind review Milly! Hope you stay again if you're back in town. Home crew

Really nice vibe and friendly staff. Great location and good value for money. Would definitely recommend.

• 6th Apr 2015

Best hostel, Nice staff, it is really clean and they have a TOASTIE MAKER! So I can make an easy breakfast, lunch and dinner! I don't have to live on 2 minutes noodles! :')

• 30th Mar 2015

I shall upgrade to the XL toastie maker! Thanks for reviewing :P

A very good hostel.Exceptional atmosphere.

Nice people and really good vibe. Bit old rooms and toilet is occupied in the morning because its in the same room as the shower. Good be cleaner but its cheap.

Receptionists were extremly unpolite. They did not make you feel comfortable. If you wanted to know something they did not make an afford. I won't go there never again.

Hey Raul! That actually really shocks me because I thought we had a really nice conversation when you came to borrow the basketball from me at reception and we had to inflate it before you left. I even mentioned to my colleague later that you were a really nice dude. None the less, we do pride ourselves on our report with guests here and I am sorry you you felt that you did not receive that curtsey I hope you find what you're looking for out there. Sincerely, Alex

Such great atmosphere at this place, made many friends in my short stay. So close to the beach, which is perfect during summer. There's always something happening in St. Kilda. Come italiano in australia posso dire che sono stato davvero bene. Home Travellers Motel e' l' ostello ideale per backpacker, familiare e divertente. :D

• 16th Mar 2015

Hey Benny! You have been a pleasure to have stay with us! Thanks for brightening up the atmosphere with your personality and your chats in reception and thanks for the kind words in your review too! I hope to see you back here again or maybe in Italy next time! Al

Unfortunately, I have to say that this is the poorest hostel I've yet to stay in. There seemed to be a "regular" crowd that was very exclusive. They tended to loiter around the front of the hostel, creating a bad first impression. The hostel is located in what seems to be a spotty neighbourhood, and it wasn't incredibly clean. My roommates also seemed to be long-termers. On a more positive note, I was greeted by an incredibly friendly receptionist!

Hi! I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Maybe it is because I work here but in all honesty I actually find it very easy to talk to everyone that stays here. Sometimes I introduce new guests to our long stayers to help break the ice a little, sorry if we missed you! Hehe, I can see what you mean about people hanging out the front but (secretly, shhh) that's actually because the shop across the road transmits free wifi. ...Anything to save a dollar, huh! :P take care!

« first « Prev 1 2 3