Home Travellers Motel- St Kilda Reviews

32 Carlisle Street, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

It's a really nice stay if they would clean the bathrooms, kitchen and stairs more often. The staff was very nice and the atmosphere was phantastic.

• 17th Jul 2015

great place to stay

This hostel is super basic, but for the price compared to other hostels it's very good. It's located at St. Kilda Beach with a short walk to the tram, which takes you straight into the city. There are new owners, and one seemed unsure of what was happening when I arrived. I came earlier than check in time, but was allowed to store my bags, which was nice. It didn't seem full at all, as I had a 6 bed dorm to myself for my two night stay. I paid for the 12 bed dorm, so this is practically a steal.

Basic but effective and will be back

The atmosphere in htm is very good. Reception is very helpful and the staff. People there r not crazy but having very good communicating atmosphere. I went there just 2 nites but I really enjoy the penguin trip and the environment in surrounding. Btw, they have hair dryer at reception

a quiet,laid-back hostel. The staff was great, they take you on tour trips and provide you with a lot of information. The rooms are clean and quite big. I stayed in a 12 bed dorm which was more like two 6 bed dorms that shared one bathroom. Toilet and shower is in the same room which was a bit annoying.

Wow,really amazing friendly staff"s Joe,Adam,Alex they are help me and show me how am I going to the Kilda beach.This is the only 1 super spacious & cleaness hostel that I had met when I travel in Melbourne & Sydney for my 5 days holiday where I had staying in different hostel in Melbourne City & Sydney,in Australia.The Price is the best if you want to save more money and meet more friends from here,free wifi all days as well and super spacious Kicthen & TV Cinema Lounge at this hostel.

Overall my stay was good. Get rid of those black couches in the TV lounge they are wrecked. TV only one channel. Kitchen good, Beds quite comfortable. Rooms messy (other guests). Good ensuites. Quite clean generally. Staff very helpful. carpark. Security pretty good.

• 29th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Negative: - Wall heater near the bed didn't work (The other one did, however) - Bath mat was a bit tatty, marked with bleach stains - A few cobwebs above the curtains Positive: - Very helpful and obliging staff - Nice and quiet, which surprised me for a backpackers hotel

• 29th May 2015

Very cool hostel .. Friendly people ..

Good spot in St Kilda, it's close to the beach and easy to get trams into the city. Staff are helpful and friendly!

Really great place would highly recommend -- will be comming back -- all great staff except for Joe who eats babies

• 10th May 2015
  • Afghanistan

Roommates were smoking so that smoke came into the room...One night sb slept in one bed without paying But staff mostly helpful and friendly :)

• 23rd Apr 2015

Heya! Thanks for reviewing. Sorry about the smoking - wherever possible we try to prevent people smoking near the windows to avoid that. Have safe travels :) Home

Very clean and nice room. The heater didn't work, but the staff delivered us another one.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Finland

Not bad but not good as well. The shower was most of the time frozen ! Not really kind !!

Thankyou for my ammmmmmmazimg stay here, I've really made so many close friends here and I feel like part of the family. I'll miss all the sarcastic hilarious signs and the infamous garage limbo. Easily the best hostel I could have picked in Melbourne to stay in long term/at all!!

Hey! Thanks for staying and thanks for the kind review Milly! Hope you stay again if you're back in town. Home crew

Really nice vibe and friendly staff. Great location and good value for money. Would definitely recommend.

• 6th Apr 2015

Best hostel, Nice staff, it is really clean and they have a TOASTIE MAKER! So I can make an easy breakfast, lunch and dinner! I don't have to live on 2 minutes noodles! :')

• 30th Mar 2015

I shall upgrade to the XL toastie maker! Thanks for reviewing :P

A very good hostel.Exceptional atmosphere.

Nice people and really good vibe. Bit old rooms and toilet is occupied in the morning because its in the same room as the shower. Good be cleaner but its cheap.