Home Travellers Motel- St Kilda Reviews

32 Carlisle Street, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

AMAZING PLACE AND PEOPLE!!! Definitely staying there again.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Chile

Loved this place, what a great couple of weeks staying here!! Staff were ace, atmosphere was amazing and the name 'home' is very fitting! Only booked for a few nights and ended up staying for weeks!! So sad to leave you guys but you will never be forgotten, will be back here!!

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Algeria

Thanks Sahs! Hope to see you back here soon! Al

Couldn't keep away from this place! Stayed here multiple times throughout my travels and kept bouncing back like a bad cheque. Staff were excellent and always keen for a laugh, and put on some great free BBQ's every Sunday (with the aid of my culinary skills of course!) Stayed in the biggest dorm, and whilst it gets a bit messy with 10 ppl from time to time, everyone staying there was really welcoming. I'm only leaving because I found a whole bunch of people from Home to travel with! GAME OVER!

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Israel

Hey Ronnen! Thanks for reviewing and thanks for partaking in the bbq all those times. Yeah sorry that the big dorm can get a bit that way but we'll do our best! Do come back again and again, reception door is always open! See ya soon! Al

Not clean at all, the kitchen was and almost no eating area. Toilets....disgusting

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

The loudest hostel i have ever been to. Skateboarding, football and party at the court yard just outside your door and window. More like some kind of youth centre than a hostel. It all depends on what you are looking for - If you're a backpacker looking for a community and a longer stay at a party hostel, this is your dream spot! If you, like us, are a couple wanting a double room for some privacy and a nice stay, you'd better go somewhere else. Not god value for money with a private room.

Absolutely filthy, no cutlery. Kitchen was gross and very noisey. 12 people sharing one bathroom.

Thanks for reviewing, Sorry if the dorm was a mess at the time and that you had to share the bathroom, however, it is not a secret upon booking online/checking-in that the 12 bed dorm is our cheapest room due to that you are sharing with 11 other people. We also have 8, 6 and 4 bed dorms available (all with en suite) that comparatively are not significantly more expensive. New cutlery has been purchased for kitchen, thanks for letting us know. Good luck with travels!

great hostel, once you stay here you never want to leave, most people stay here for 3 months +. All the reception staff are awesome and have lovely flowing locks. especially Nadege she's super hawt! You get the best of both worlds, if you want a quiet night people watch movies are everyone gets chucked out at 11pm and if you want to drink and party, it's in an amazing location and you can drink your own "goon" plus people here are FABULOUS!

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Horrible. You should expect that most hostels in St. Kilda will be party hostels and cheap rentals for long termers, still... Filthy, no lockers, locks barely working on doors, wifi several dollars per hour, most guests high/drunk by early evening, feels unsecure. Staff unprofessional and more interested in joining the ongoing party, I have been turned away on two separate occasions when asking something, reception staff saying they are busy. Feels more like homeless shelter than a hostel.

Hi Andras, I'm sorry that you have not enjoyed your stay with us though I feel like your first impression was not as we would like to portray, my apologies that you were asked to return at a later time and that staff seemed casual. We are indeed laid back but customer service and report is paramount to us- Sometimes we simply cannot be everywhere at once. I can assure you that we clean the rooms and bathrooms daily. Enjoy your travels- I hope you find what you're looking for :) Home

Hostel was optimum friendliness. 100% efficiency. My holiday was pleasant here. Regards, Fritz Maximilian Boehm

• 13th Dec 2014

It was a very welcome hostel, the moment i walked in i was welcomed by reception and they where very friendly and helpful and it just made me feel like i was part of the family straight away. I also liked the alternative uniform the receptionists where wearing; instead of wearing uniform clothes, they all had a bun and a beard! considering the fact that ive been in so many hostels around Asia and Australia, i could safely say this is the best hostel so far!

• 9th Dec 2014

iv just stayed in home travellers motel for 5weeks and it has been a brill place to stay meeting new people and having loads of fun there gutted to be leaving the staff are always happy to help you with anything you need have all you need cooking/TV and a place to chill out give it an overall 4-1/2* out of 5

• 8th Dec 2014

Ad first I didn't liked the place. The room was smelly and it is not very clean. It's a workershostel, but the people are very kind. I had to go to the hospital and the guy from the reception took care of me getting there. I had a ride from the people how were staying there. It's in the centre of st. Kilda and close near to the beach, supermarket and bars.

On the positive side: free bus from airport, free off street parking,and a good location. However, the negatives outweigh the positives. Most people staying long term and seem to take over everything: rooms, kitchen and leasure areas. In rooms stuff thrown everywhere, especially in the bathrooms. Noisy to the extreme until they throw everyone out at 11 pm. Definitely a PARTY hostel. Would not stay there again.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Hi! It disappoints me that you did not enjoy your stay. We pride ourselves on having a strong report with our guests and being approachable which i believe is why many guests like staying with us long term. Alas, our short stay guests are as much a priority to us as any other and it is a shame to me you did not voice your concerns as we would happily change your room or strive to exceed your unmet expectations. I hope you find what you are looking for :) Alex

An enjoyable visit, helpful staff , glad of the noise curfew at night, should have mentioned to staff that the shower water does not run out fast enough and the sink tap could do with attention to prevent the leaking and thus wet floor, didn't enjoy paying the international booking fee...

Hello! Thanks for your feedback, I'm not too sure what that international booking fee is, Hostelworld have their booking cost but that comes off the cost of total stay. Thanks for letting us know about the shower, it's all too often folks neglect to mention something like that and it could go un-noticed :) cheers, Alex

If staying in St. Kilda, has a great location close to main roads and the beach. The hostel itself felt more like a squatters house for kids looking to find work than a travelers hostel. No lockers. Everyone's stuff was everywhere (since 7 of my 8 roommates were basically living there at the time). Staff was helpful though and it's a pretty quick tram ride into the city center.

Hi! I agree, we are lucky to have this little spot! St Kilda rocks! Thanks for your input, sorry to hear you did not entirely enjoy your visit. We really like our long termers here, it's always nice to have a few familiar faces in an ever changing work place! I Hope you find what you're looking for out there. Safe travels Home crew :)

Good hostel, lad called alex was good but the rest of the staff didn't seem bothered to help

Thanks Joe, I'm honored! But the the other guys are awesome too, I promise...except Dave, he eats babies.

We loved staying here and were so sad to have to leave. Staff are super lovely and friendly and the layout of the hostel makes it extra easy to socialise and get to know everyone. See you again!

• 6th Nov 2014

Stay here in st kilda for a community feel with real people. Felt so welcomed that you don't want to leave. Love from Ashley

Amazing hostel! All of the staff are very helpful and friendly, brilliant atmosphere and facilities and very clean. I would efficiently recommend staying at this hostel.

• 4th Nov 2014

booked a week and stayed 2 months, friendliest hostel I've ever stayed at, reception staff are fantastic, stayed in a variety of rooms, some better than others but that's normal for any hostel, kitchen could do with an upgrade as its not quite ready to handle the amount of people using it but honestly couldn't recommend a better place in st kilda to stay. hope to return soon!