Home Youth Hostel Reviews

Calle la Lonja 4, Valencia, Spain

I like this hostel a lot. Staff is always happy and ready to help, kitchen and bathrooms are perfectly clean, rooms are spacious and location fo the hostel is in the heart of the city. It's very easy to meet people as there is a nice little lounge near the kitchen, where you can hang out with other travelers. I will definitely come back if i ever visit valencia again.

Great staff! The hostel is well located. A lot of activities going on, which makes it easy to meet people. We really loved our stay in Valencia!

I wouldn't recommend this hostel to light sleepers. My room was right behind the reception and communal area and with a window facing a very busy plaza. The ambience was OK, but not excellent.

Generally we would recommend the hostel. It felt trendy, clean it was in a good location. Me and my sister rented a twin private room with shared bathroom facilities. Although the room was clean, It had no external windows. The only window was onto the central part of the building with the reception. For this reason, a large ammount of noise could be heard from people and the music that was on at 8am in the morning. I do recomend the hostel but make sure you have a room with an exterior window!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

I stayed at this hostel for a month, so I know it pretty well and it is without a doubt the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The facilities are super, and the receptionist are not only helpful and cheerful, you really get the feeling that they care about everybody at the hostel and they create a fantastic atmosphere in the common area. I will miss Polona making sangria at random evenings and also thanks to the southafrican girl for being so sweet and dedicated. I will definutely come back! Asta

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

It is a pleasure not to have bunk beds. Rooms are quite spacious and very clean. The hoste is situated next to a very nice square. Some details though - could be improved. Some girls working at the reception had no idea how things work in Valencia (metro, farmacy, ...). Neither does the hot water in the shower always work. The rooms could also use some maintainance. Brick stones are loose and electricity plugs could only be found behind the beds. Personal lights did not work.

I love this hostel, it's homy and comfortable, laid back! The staffs are so nice and helpful (all internships but excellent, treat them better please), location is in the heart of old town, you cannot ask for anywhere better, just right behind the old silk market, Lonja and in opposite to the centre market). Kitche is well equiped, vending machine offers varios food and dirnks in lovely price! I love the un-bunked bed the most, it's clean and cozy!!! Generally, it's a wonderful hostel!!!

Good location for walking city tour. The room is clean, the staffs are nice and helpful but the WiFi only works near the lobby.

My stay here was fine but not great. It didn't have a lot going on. The staff were nice but they were either training people or just having people stand in for staff because they usually didn't know the answer to my questions and had to ask some one else. There was a lot of loud banging of doors all through out the day and night. But the location wasn't bad and it felt pretty safe. Beautiful tile decorations inside.

Hi Tara! I am really sorry if our staff did not know all about the city but they are new trainnees at the city and some things maybe they do not know yet. If they ask me it is cause I have spent more time in the city! we try to do all the best everytime!!! about the doors we are reparing them to have less noises!! :)) we would like to know more about what kind of activities were you missing here! please, can you send us an email? thanks a lot and enjoy your trip!!! :))

The Wifi didn't work for my Iphone 5S, would be awesome if you could fix it for the future=)

Hi! Apple iphones have a hard security configuration and is different in all countries! for that reason, we have two pc´s FREE for our guests, 24hs availables for you in our lounge. Have a nice and safe trip! :))

The hostel is very stylish and comfortable. The location is perfect.

Nice rooms, comfortable beds, but a bit hot, even with the AC on all day long. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Friendliest staff, great kitchen and common area and our 4 bed dorm was huge! Lovely atmosphere, would recommend.

Very nice solutions. The staff is great: young and always available. They offer a great service that I am not used to have in other hostels around the world, in order to have to whole Valencia experience. The only bad thing was not having a "real" window from my room: it faced the indoor courtyard with kitchen, so it wasn't possible to get fresh air from the outside. But it was ok for just a few nights.

would not recommend staying here. even in late may/early june, the rooms were like saunas. sleeping was difficult because the rooms were so hot. sure, the bathrooms were clean, but they're also like college dorm bathrooms whereas other hostels have one person bathrooms that you share instead of communal bathrooms. location is not the greatest - far from the beach and arts/sciences museum. staff was a little annoying - felt like overenthusiastic sleep away camp counselors. valencia is also boring

Hi Brandon, we have air conditioner in all rooms so why you did not take the control? everybody know that bathrooms are shared and the info is in all webs. We are in the hearth of the downtown in front of one of the most important buildings and our staff works very hard to offer all the best 24hs for all our guests... you can read the rest of reviews!! Unfortunately you did not know discover our city (we offer activities and walking tour)... but it was not our fault...

It was very good to arrive in the hostel and find Francesco that explain and help us to know all about tha city and the things to do! ;) The hostel has a very lovely and young atmosphere! ;)

Great location!

Perfect hostel in the heart of Valencia with love to detail that make your stay a little more pleasant. The fact that there is no breakfast included is not a big issue as there are many cafés around that serve all a traveller needs.

Nice place, a little too anal about security after we forgot our room card and they refused to let us in

The bathroom was not as clean as I would have hoped, but I guess that's all I should expect from a 12 € per night place. Also they frequently let people in without looking to see who it was, but nothing bad happened...

• 11th May 2014

Hi, We clean the bathrooms more than 4 times per day! our cleaning standard is so high.That is one of the reasons because the quality/price that we offer is higher than the rest of hostels. We have cameras at the main entrance, stairs, living room, terrace, etc...so we can check 24hs who is inside the hostel.Remember that you had a pass card, too...so we can control the hostel all the time! If you are planing to return to our city, you are very welcome to check these things! all the best