Home Youth Hostel Reviews

Calle la Lonja 4, Valencia, Spain

Home Youth Hostel is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! The staff is incredibly helpful and kind, and its facilities and location just are outstanding. The rooms are spacious and HALLELUJAH! NO BUNK BEDS! I loved the atmosphere; you always found someone to talk to or hang around with in the lounge area and I especially enjoyed sangria night! Great value for my money. I loved that I could buy tickets to the Oceanografic & Science museum with them and skipped the huge line! Thank you!

What else can I say...this place was amazing. The common area has a great atmosphere for meeting people, organized events, and tasty breakfast. Very knowledgeable and experienced staff, especially Polona! Will definitely go back next time I am in Valencia.

Great Hostel would definately recommend it. Really social and easy to meet people with their nightly pub crawls. Staff were great especially Polona who was super kind, full of information about Southern Spain and helped me decide on my travel plans. would definately stay here again.

Very friendly staff, always available to help everyone. Cool sofas :) and great kitchen. Nice rooms, AA works well and very clean bathrooms. Sangria night and pubcrowl were the best. Thanks everyone, hope to see you all soon again!

amazing Hostel, the staff was very nice, great overall service, Pablo was always available, the sangria party and the pub crawl were very cool....

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Colombia

The hostel is situated in the centre of Valencia, close to all major places of interest. There is a great atmosphere at the hostel, the staff is kind and very helpful. The rooms stylish, comfortable and spacious. Definitly to be recommended!

the location is amazing and the hostel's host is very nice

Amazing hostel, extremely great location, really nice atmosphere and the best Staff in all our trip. Friendly, always trying to help us and with a smile everytime. A lots of activities going on but for us Sangria Party was the best. We Highly recommend this hostel, definitely we going back in the future. Tante grazie a tutti ciao amici!!!!!

I like this hostel a lot. Staff is always happy and ready to help, kitchen and bathrooms are perfectly clean, rooms are spacious and location fo the hostel is in the heart of the city. It's very easy to meet people as there is a nice little lounge near the kitchen, where you can hang out with other travelers. I will definitely come back if i ever visit valencia again.

Great staff! The hostel is well located. A lot of activities going on, which makes it easy to meet people. We really loved our stay in Valencia!

I wouldn't recommend this hostel to light sleepers. My room was right behind the reception and communal area and with a window facing a very busy plaza. The ambience was OK, but not excellent.

Generally we would recommend the hostel. It felt trendy, clean it was in a good location. Me and my sister rented a twin private room with shared bathroom facilities. Although the room was clean, It had no external windows. The only window was onto the central part of the building with the reception. For this reason, a large ammount of noise could be heard from people and the music that was on at 8am in the morning. I do recomend the hostel but make sure you have a room with an exterior window!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

I stayed at this hostel for a month, so I know it pretty well and it is without a doubt the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The facilities are super, and the receptionist are not only helpful and cheerful, you really get the feeling that they care about everybody at the hostel and they create a fantastic atmosphere in the common area. I will miss Polona making sangria at random evenings and also thanks to the southafrican girl for being so sweet and dedicated. I will definutely come back! Asta

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

It is a pleasure not to have bunk beds. Rooms are quite spacious and very clean. The hoste is situated next to a very nice square. Some details though - could be improved. Some girls working at the reception had no idea how things work in Valencia (metro, farmacy, ...). Neither does the hot water in the shower always work. The rooms could also use some maintainance. Brick stones are loose and electricity plugs could only be found behind the beds. Personal lights did not work.

I love this hostel, it's homy and comfortable, laid back! The staffs are so nice and helpful (all internships but excellent, treat them better please), location is in the heart of old town, you cannot ask for anywhere better, just right behind the old silk market, Lonja and in opposite to the centre market). Kitche is well equiped, vending machine offers varios food and dirnks in lovely price! I love the un-bunked bed the most, it's clean and cozy!!! Generally, it's a wonderful hostel!!!

Good location for walking city tour. The room is clean, the staffs are nice and helpful but the WiFi only works near the lobby.

My stay here was fine but not great. It didn't have a lot going on. The staff were nice but they were either training people or just having people stand in for staff because they usually didn't know the answer to my questions and had to ask some one else. There was a lot of loud banging of doors all through out the day and night. But the location wasn't bad and it felt pretty safe. Beautiful tile decorations inside.

Hi Tara! I am really sorry if our staff did not know all about the city but they are new trainnees at the city and some things maybe they do not know yet. If they ask me it is cause I have spent more time in the city! we try to do all the best everytime!!! about the doors we are reparing them to have less noises!! :)) we would like to know more about what kind of activities were you missing here! please, can you send us an email? thanks a lot and enjoy your trip!!! :))

The Wifi didn't work for my Iphone 5S, would be awesome if you could fix it for the future=)

Hi! Apple iphones have a hard security configuration and is different in all countries! for that reason, we have two pc´s FREE for our guests, 24hs availables for you in our lounge. Have a nice and safe trip! :))

The hostel is very stylish and comfortable. The location is perfect.

Nice rooms, comfortable beds, but a bit hot, even with the AC on all day long. The staff was friendly and helpful.