Home at The Mansion Reviews

66-90 Victoria Parade, Melbourne, Australia

Lovely jubbly

Very nice hostel. Close to CBD, short walk to free city circle tram. Clean common toilets with private common bathrooms. The only downside is that there is no elevator and no free wifi. Overall, We enjoyed our stay.

very good hostel..Beautiful,clean,friendly and warm.i will chosse this hostel if i travel malbourne again!

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

Facilities are well-maintained, clean room, clean toilet, clean laundary room and close to the town! Staff is friendly and helpful. Worth for your $$$

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Great stay, excellent location!!!

• 26th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Very clean and the staff do a great job pointing out places to go and things to do around Melbourne

Loved the outside bar nextdoor, was a real bonus. Lovely old building, great location and friendly staff

A clean and comfortable hostel. Good value dorms. Surprisingly warm in the winter cold! Would stay here again

Would definitely recommend, great location close to everything, good facilities!

• 19th Jul 2014

Very clean shower facilities. Great staff, great location. Shame the bar closes at 11pm though.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

The wifi is very expensive and should be free. But very nice place :)

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

overall I satisfy with the facilities provided.

I really liked my stay here. It's a 5-minute walk away from Central. I appreciated the facade of the hostel and the wooden staircase. Reception throughout the day and night (two different shifts) were really chatty and friendly. I was up in the one of the sofas til 3am and the cleaning/reception staff on that shift even had the energy to chat me up and be friendly. The toilet and bathrooms on the 3rd floor are the best in this hostel. And at the corner of the road you could ride the 96 tram.

Great location in between the CBD and Carlton, with Brunswick St just down the road! Staff is very friendly and welcoming. It has a good kitchen, but that's the only common area as well as a bar attached to the hostel. Fun events at night to make up for lack of common space!

Good location, friendly staff, clean place and good facilities. I recommend this place :-)

Great stay, friendly people, very good location and great free things of different nights like nachos and pancakes!

This is a very bad hostel. It is in an old building. They seem do not want to spend a dollar for maintance. Every step would make creak. I lived in a 100 year old building before. No this happen. The worst thing is they turn off the water heater after 11pm. It is winter. They are crazy. The only good thing is they have good staff.

Thanks for your comments. We take great pride in our hostel and are constantly making updates and spending money to make it better for our guests, so it's a real shame that squeaky floorboards spoiled your experience. We actually had intermittent problems with our hot water system which we notified a technician about ASAP, so rest assured we are not that 'crazy' to turn the water off at night! Safe travels :-)

The staff is very nice...It is close to Chinatown.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • China

First hostel I stayed at in Australia and the best so far! Wonderful staff and the rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor were very good with great showers and toilets! Something that could get better: dry and clean tea towels. But that's a problem everywhere..

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

This is the first time I have stayed in a hostel by myself so was a bit apprehensive but I really enjoyed myself. I never had to wait for a shower, even when I woke up later on the Sunday. Everything was clean and tidy. Room was really warm, even had to have the window open all night sometimes (during winter). Staff are friendly and even though there isn't many common areas, the bar/cafe downstairs had things going on most nights. This did make it noisy but I wasn't fussed by it.

• 10th Jun 2014