Home at The Mansion Reviews

66-90 Victoria Parade, Melbourne, Australia

It was great of staying at this hostel.. The toilet and room is really clean and the location is soooo good, the free tram route 86&96 just nearby (really 20 meters) & route 12 is just around 50 meters from the hostel!!!! I will definitely choose to stay there again when I travel Melbourne next time !!

• 19th Jul 2015
  • China

A great "one big family" atmosphere. Darts and Wine and Cheese are both great ideas, please keep those, and if anything, increase the evening social activities. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Great facilities. Was impressed by the cleanliness and the quite modern bathroom facilities. Suggest selling disposable ear plugs, and sleep masks, due to traffic noise. Also please look into further soundproofing (such as a secondary window of perspex on the dorm rooms).

• 18th Jul 2015

The beds are terrible!! I could feel every single spring on my back!

good clean and helpful staff members.

Great value for money. Staff was super friendly, always willing to help. Rooms were fine, awful matrasses though. Overall the hostel was clean. Kitchen was a little to small for all the guests to be able to cook. Wifi didn't have connection everywhere and wasn't accessible at peak hours.

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately we did have some teething problems with the change over to free Wi-Fi. We've now increased the speed during peak times and have a strong connection in all communal areas. We hope you can stay with us again to experience the improved service! Safe travels! Richard

Love the location and the staff; very kind and helpful. The bathrooms were clean and the showers had hot water and good water pressure. The wifi rarely worked. When it did, it was EXTREMELY SLOW. I also didn't like that there wasn't much of a communal area for people to hang out. There was only two little couch areas that fit about 4 people, and the area in the kitchen was very small. The rooms were not well kept; pretty messy and our room smelt like dirty socks.

Wifi did not work AT ALL. The rooms were really messy (or at least mine was). The common areas for people to hang out in were really small and weren't very inviting. However, the location was perfect--right inbetween the CBD & Brunswick St. in Fitzroy. The staff was really nice & helpful. The bathroom facilities were great.. a lot of hot water.

- Excellent front desk staff! Very helpful, friendly and warm towards customers - Extremely clean rooms, toilets and showers too - Best value for money considering the close proximity to many, many places of attraction like the Royal Exhibition Building, Cook's Cottage at Fitzroy Park, Queen Victoria Market, Flinder's St. Station and Federation Square

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Great Hostel. Very clean, Friendly and Helpful staff. Active social roster in the bar downstairs but respectful to those who wish to get an early night. Huge showers and full washing facilities. Situated the edge of the free tram zone meaning no cost for inner city transport. My only minor criticism is that the pillows were very thin. Overall a hostel I would highly recommend to those heading to Melbourne.

• 20th Jun 2015

Home at the Mansion really is a mansion! I really have no complaints about this hostel, the kitchen is well stocked, the bathrooms are luxurious by hostel standards and there's always a hreat atmosphere

Nicest staff! Very clean. So friendly great location

• 16th Jun 2015

One thing I would improve is the security with regards to the luggage storage room. Anyone could come and take the key from the reception counter, even when there was no-one at the reception

Really friendly and nice staff from Richard and Ben.they are help me to change my room when I was felt uncomfortable especially Richard,I would like to thousand thanks to Ben as well which he help me to book bunyip tour online for 1 day tour at Great Ocean Road,I really enjoyed it and get my happiest time when I travel in Australia i got lucky to seen the wild live Koala.if I back to Melbourne,I definately will stay this hostel again.Really thousand thanks to Ben & Richard!

It was a nice stay for the 2 days I spent. The staff were friendly and helpful with offering info about the city and transport. The were a lot of international people staying long term (months), and they were nice too. Didn't have much time to make friends, but the short interactions were nice.

• 30th May 2015

Good hostel. Nicely situated between CBD and Fitzroy. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms/bath rooms were clean! Definitely would stay here again!

• 29th May 2015

This was a very well-located hostel in Melbourne, and even though the common areas seemed spread out they managed to keep a social atmosphere going.

The staff were really nice and the rooms were a good size and clean. Plenty of bathrooms and the beds were comfortable. Id stay here again.

Nice hostel at the border of the CBD. Helpful staff, nice and always clean kitchen and facilities. You can even borrow DVDs if you're bored! Only downside was the mattress, I always woke up with a sore bed (and I usually sleep on the floor).

Staff was amazingly friendly, helpful, and accommodating,

• 13th May 2015

It was a good hostel and a wonderful building! The free tram is just 2 min away! The stuff was very nice but I think the atmosphere was not so good. I can't say why!

« first « Prev 1 2 3