Home at The Mansion

• lucyfoxnm3036
  • USA, Couple, 41+
15th Feb 2017
7.4

Friendly helpful staff. Some guests friendly, some clique ish. Kitchen rather small. Very little room available for newly arrived guests to store their food. I would stay again but I'd like it to be a little cleaner in general.

15th Feb 2017

Really fun and social Hostel!

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
10th Feb 2017

Really enjoyed our stay at Home at the Mansion, it was very close to the free city circle trams, the State Library and Carlton Gardens which were beautiful. We stayed in a 4 bed mixed room - beds were fine, floor was a bit creaky in our room but it did not cause issues.

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
10th Feb 2017

I stayed for one night and I was happy with it. The house is really beautiful, but the age of it follows to extreme warmth in the rooms. Really central but noisey street in front! The atmosphere is nothing special, but it does the job. I felt very safe and everything was clean, plus super nice and helpfull staf. Thanks a lot! The only thing that I would change is to change the dorms in non-mixed bedrooms, as a girl I dont want to change in front of guys so I took all my stuff to the bathroom.

• Netherlands, Male, 31-40
6th Feb 2017

Home at the Mansion really felt like a home. It is an nice old building and the amenities are clean. It never felt crowded although the hostel was fully booked. I was staying in room 1 a 7 bed dorm. This room has two problems to take into account. Firstly It is located directly next to the café. Music starts playing at 7am wich is clearly audible. Also the old wooden floors squeak a lot therefore it is impossible to move in the room quietly when the others are sleeping.

3rd Feb 2017

I thought Home @ the Mansion was a great hostel. The staff were amazing. The beds were comfortable. The only complaint would be how hot the rooms were.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
2nd Feb 2017

This hostel is definitely the best hostel I stayed in Melbourne (and I tried a few!) and I already returned there once. Besides from the good location (5min walk to the CBD and 3 min walk to Fitzroy), the nice and clean rooms and bathrooms and the relaxing outside-area this hostel is mostly about the people. The staff is amazing! Very helpful, friendly people, always up for a chat. And even the other travellers I met there were more sympathetic than in the other places. Highly recommended!

• China, Female, 18-24
31st Jan 2017

It has a quite good location in Melbourne, with nearly 15 mins to the Chinatown. And the staff in Home at the Mansion are absolutely nice and helpful. The facilities there are good and easy to be approached and everything has been very well organized. It was really a quite pleasant experience to stay there for three nights and it definitely deserves the price!

• England, Male, 18-24
30th Jan 2017
7.7

Pretty standard hostel that has particularly clean bathrooms and you get a free beer/coffee/wine at the bar. My room though, room 9 I think it was, had the bar outside the window, so it was very noisy till...midnight or so. This room should be cheaper I believe and some kind of explicit warning that it is a noisier room.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
26th Jan 2017
6.6

My stay at home at the mansion wasn't as good as I hoped. As soon as I arrived in my dorm, first impressions weren't great. The room was very messy clothes and bags spread out all over the small room. My bed was completely bare, so I had to make it completely in the dark as I arrived late. The room was very noisy being right next to a Main Street, with construction going on from early hours. The kitchen was tiny for the amount of dorms. The showers were great. Along with the location.