Home at The Mansion Reviews

66-90 Victoria Parade, Melbourne, Australia

Really awesome hostel! Staff are all super friendly and the bar downstairs is great. Really good showers and rooms and daily activities. The only down side is the expensive wifi.

The best hostel I've ever stayed in! The staff is soooo friendly, and incredibly helpful, location is good, bathrooms are amazing. Clean and quiet. Not a party hostel at all. If you are looking for a good night sleep, Home at the mansion is the best!

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

would go back there anytime, beats some sterile hotel room for 3x the price staff went out of their way to be nice and helpful, wish i had known about it earlier

I actually didn't like this hostel, even though it's clean, has good facilities, and is in a good location, because it has very little personality. I thought a mansion would be more glamorous or funky or have some sort of hook, but the walls were practically all bare (and chipping), and the place felt uncared for and impersonal. It's also too big to really bring solo travelers together; I would only recommend this place if you're already travelling with others and just want a clean, close place.

Really good hostel, one of the best in Melbourne!

First Hostel where had to pay for wifi. Disappointing.

I really liked the hostel and people there but some things came up to my mind which I missed here. Free wifi would have been nice. I found it quite expensive to pay $ 4 per hour for using the computer. There is a possibility to do laundry and there are drying machines but I still wish there were clotheslines somewhere. There is a very good atmosphere and even people who have lived there before come to visit because they have met so nice people there. You always feel welcome to go there. :)

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Finland

Good atmosphere and nice location. A bit noisy at night with the traffic and wii fii a bit expencive for an hostel 3$/h.

• 12th Oct 2014

I had the most amazing experience here at Home At The Hostel. Wicked place, best location, amazing staff. It has such a fantastic atmosphere and very good facilities to use. Hot water and showers were reliable! The help I got on my first day by Sarskia was priceless and I was very very thankful. Will recommend to as many people as I know :-)

• 7th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Atmosphere and location are good - i really enjoyed the whole mansion thing with lots of rooms and stuff. bedroom was great - comfy bed and a warm blanket. i only wish the bedrooms were a bit more quiet - i ended up sleeping at a room that had a window to the street and it was really loud, with lots of sirens and the life.

10 Min walk to the pedestrian street, bars, clubs, restaurant. The bathrooms are clean and the staff is nice. One of the reception girls is almoust shouting, but you can deal with that :) The kitchen is not huge but big enough and there's a nice diningroom enclosed. There are bar-deals each night incl. free stuff, but as off the alcohol you are not allowed to bringing your own alcohol in the hostel. There's no free wifi but that makes the people talking to each other - so real good atmosphere.

The staff are quite helpful to me...:)

Really relaxed and friendly atmosphere which was really helped by the fantastic staff.

Impressive building, but there is not much room in the dorms for backpacks. No breakfast, but you get one free coffee.

I really like this hostel, it is clean and the atmosphere is excellent :) BUT! I think it is not goot that the wifi is so expensive. I would understand if the wifi would cost maybe 15 ct per hour or a bit more. But to pay 3-4 $ per hour for a very slow wifi sucks. But thats the only negative point for me for hostel :)

Beautiful building

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Could not fault the Home at The Mansion, as it was close to the hospital, which was my main reason in staying there , I would highly recommend the Mansion for anyone that was in Melbourne and required this type of accommodation, it was as its name stated and felt like Home. With kind regards from & highly satisfied customer, Mrs Christine Coulls

• 2nd Sep 2014

Website didn't specify what was provided linen-wise which would have been helpful My daughter's mattress was very lumpy but my bed was comfy. (room 8 top bunk on right) Floorboards creaking could have been annoying. Showers are great. I liked that the windows open & can get fresh air. Wonderful location & wish I'd known about it earlier. We will return!!

• 30th Aug 2014

Lovely jubbly

I stayed in a 6 mixed dorm for several nights. Location is quite good. There is TV and heater at room. Washrooms are clean except that some ppl shaved and left their hair on the sink which was disgusting. No free wifi/internet usage. I strongly recommend to allow free usage of computers. I didn't really see ppl using them so it'd be better to make good use of them. Also, many long stay ppl there which made you hard to meet friends. Smell was kinda strong when ppl cooked.

« first « Prev 1 2 3