Home at The Mansion Reviews

66-90 Victoria Parade, Melbourne, Australia

- Excellent front desk staff! Very helpful, friendly and warm towards customers - Extremely clean rooms, toilets and showers too - Best value for money considering the close proximity to many, many places of attraction like the Royal Exhibition Building, Cook's Cottage at Fitzroy Park, Queen Victoria Market, Flinder's St. Station and Federation Square

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Great Hostel. Very clean, Friendly and Helpful staff. Active social roster in the bar downstairs but respectful to those who wish to get an early night. Huge showers and full washing facilities. Situated the edge of the free tram zone meaning no cost for inner city transport. My only minor criticism is that the pillows were very thin. Overall a hostel I would highly recommend to those heading to Melbourne.

• 20th Jun 2015

Nicest staff! Very clean. So friendly great location

• 16th Jun 2015

One thing I would improve is the security with regards to the luggage storage room. Anyone could come and take the key from the reception counter, even when there was no-one at the reception

Really friendly and nice staff from Richard and Ben.they are help me to change my room when I was felt uncomfortable especially Richard,I would like to thousand thanks to Ben as well which he help me to book bunyip tour online for 1 day tour at Great Ocean Road,I really enjoyed it and get my happiest time when I travel in Australia i got lucky to seen the wild live Koala.if I back to Melbourne,I definately will stay this hostel again.Really thousand thanks to Ben & Richard!

It was a nice stay for the 2 days I spent. The staff were friendly and helpful with offering info about the city and transport. The were a lot of international people staying long term (months), and they were nice too. Didn't have much time to make friends, but the short interactions were nice.

• 30th May 2015

Good hostel. Nicely situated between CBD and Fitzroy. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms/bath rooms were clean! Definitely would stay here again!

• 29th May 2015

This was a very well-located hostel in Melbourne, and even though the common areas seemed spread out they managed to keep a social atmosphere going.

The staff were really nice and the rooms were a good size and clean. Plenty of bathrooms and the beds were comfortable. Id stay here again.

Nice hostel at the border of the CBD. Helpful staff, nice and always clean kitchen and facilities. You can even borrow DVDs if you're bored! Only downside was the mattress, I always woke up with a sore bed (and I usually sleep on the floor).

Staff was amazingly friendly, helpful, and accommodating,

• 13th May 2015

It was a good hostel and a wonderful building! The free tram is just 2 min away! The stuff was very nice but I think the atmosphere was not so good. I can't say why!

The room was a lot smaller then what l thought plus other budget motels charge the same price but have there own toilet and shower in the room.

• 8th May 2015

Recently stayed for 2 weeks and enjoyed a pleasant stay. Not too far from the CBD (city to newbies) and the building itself was beautiful. They even had a PS3 and DVDs for (free) rental. I moved on to another hostel as there wasn't really much of a communal area to socialise in and the kitchen, as clean as it was, was a little too small. Would still recommend highly though as the staff, Lauren, Saskia and Ben were very nice and welcoming throughout!

Ive stayed here on two ocassions. This hostel is just outside the CBD which is ideal for peace and quiet, 10-15 mins walk, 5 mins tram to CBD. Mainly long tearmers here meaning its a relaxed hostel. Free tram nearby to CBD and beach. Hostel was always clean including the private bathrooms. TVs in dorm rooms too! Staff are super friendly too! Try a 7 bed dorm as you may get a single bed to yourself. Reccomend for a quiet stay in Melbourne. Nice gardens nearby too! The bar downstairs is good price

Love this hostel and its location. Staff are very friendly. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Melbourne!!

Good hostel in a good location.It is a shame that this hostel still charge for wi-fi as now most of hostels around the world do not charge for this service

I really liked staying in this hostel. Its just a 3 min. walk to the free tram zone. The rooms were big enough. The staff was great. I really liked the private bathrooms. There was even a PlayStation available with Fifa!! I highly recommend staying here.

Cool from the outside but not kept well inside.

Great place to stay if you're coming to Melbourne! The staff are awesome, the place itself is one of the cleanest hostels I've stayed at and I met a great group of people while I was here. The place itself is right by the free tram zone to the CBD, and its a short walk to Bruswick street which has some pretty good bars. There's also a bar/cafe attached to the hostel which does $5 pints and spirits on Sundays, it's a good place to meet other guests. Internet is pretty cheap, $5 for the day.

• 26th Mar 2015