Home at The Mansion

11th Apr 2017

Nice location between the CBD and Fitzroy

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
7th Apr 2017

The hostel was really nice, well located and SUPER clean. Most of the staff was really friendly and ready to give you a hand with anything you needed. A couple of days into my stay, I wanted to set up my bike so I could move around the city easily, so I asked one of the guys at the reception if it was ok to leave it in the garden next to the OTHER bike that had been there a while, and he told me: "Of course not! I can't be bending the hostel rules for you!". Really rude. I moved away after that.

• England, Male, 18-24
2nd Apr 2017

I've been in Aus over six months and this is the best hostel I've stayed in. Originally booked three nights but ended up staying for fourteen. It's the cleanest hostel I've seen. The staff are all friendly. It has a nice balanced, relaxed atmosphere. It's not a party hard hostel and it isn't a quiet one. Perfect for those who have been travelling long time or this being their first time in Australia. Recommend for solo travellers looking to meet new people.

• USA, Female, 25-30
26th Mar 2017
5.1

Check to make sure your booking is the price that is advertised. Unfortunately my first night was $20 more than the advertised fee due to the Grand Prix taking place. Also, my room was directly above the bar and although mostly closed by 11pm, was very noisy. No a/c so we had our windows open which was on a busy street. I ended up not sleeping much due to the noise. Staff was kind and bathrooms were clean.

Thank you for your feedback, it is always welcome! After reading you paid a different amount from the ‘advertised fee’ I urge you to check your confirmation as this is categorically incorrect. The price is clearly displayed directly above the ‘book now’ button. You then move on to a second page where there is a detailed price break down for each night of your stay before you then go on to click ‘confirm’. I’m surprised you struggled to sleep during your stay as this is not something we hear very often. The bar closes at 11pm unlike most hostel bars which stay open until at least 2am, and there is no alcohol allowed in the hostel to ensure guests have a good sleep. We are located on a main road, but that tends to happen in the city! We wish you all the best on your travels in Oz and hope to see you again! Rich x

• deahnelisae
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
22nd Mar 2017

Fun, friendly and affordable. Amazing staff and brilliant vibe. By far the cleanest hostel I have stayed in. Vics Secret bar is a stand out and the proximity to Fitzroy is such a bonus. Thank you for the amazing week!

17th Mar 2017

Nice hostel , I only stayed one night, comfy beds and friendly staff + good wifi and a great bar

• Canada, Female, 18-24
10th Mar 2017

Great location. Staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

• jermelecampbell
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
10th Mar 2017

When they say free WiFi it means free 500mb per 24 hr so you won't be able to have a lazy netflix day. Overall awesome hostile :)

• RomyVoigtlaender
  • Germany, Female, 18-24
7th Mar 2017

I'm in love with this hostel. The staff and the bar are amazing, the rooms are clean as well as the bathrooms. Perfect location as it's very close to cbd and Fitzroy. The hostel owned bar is very nice and perfect to get in contact with people. Absolutely recommanded.

• England, Couple, 25-30
16th Feb 2017

Our favourite city hostel in Aus so far, ideal location for the CBD and tram. Double room was nice, shared bathrooms were plentiful and clean. Decent and cheap bar out front, with locals using it too! Kitchens just about big enough. Friendly atmosphere even with lots of long termers. Would stay again.