HomeBase Melville Reviews

37 - 1st Avenue, Melville, Johannesburg, South Africa

Stayed here for 4 nights and had a great time! The place was very clean and comfortable and within walking distance of restaurants and bars. The staff was wonderful- very friendly, approachable and helped us with all of activities. I would stay here again given the chance!

Stay was fine, helpful staff. Only stayed one night

Hi, It is maybe my third stay at this Establishment and it is always fun, I have been to over 200 hundred Hostels and this is Probably one of the best ones in Africa in terms of facilities. The downside is that Camping is no longer and option, this is bad news for some of us who are backpackers at heart, I miss the Camping Option although I understand it may be a business decision. Thank you.

Beware, Hostel wanted to charge me for my stay a second time upon checkout. I had paid full amount (without getting a receipt) when checking in. At checkout the hostel questioned my word several times in front of other guests, which was highly stressful and embarrassing. After a good while hostel admitted their screw up and I could checkout delayed to my flight!

View all Johannesburg Hostels