HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

The location was ok, buses and trams real close. I stayed in one of 3 bldgs they own so if i wanted breakfast that meant getting dressed to go walk there, that I didn't care for. The staff were very helpful all the time.

I had two good nights at the HomePlus Hostel I was situated very close to the original hostel in the other facility, where was even space to park my bycicle in the kitchen. Very nice hostel, cool idea to build an alcove above the other rooms to gain some space. There were free towels and free breakfast (coffee, cereals, bread, jam...)

I was traveling solo as a girl and placed in the building around the corner from the main one and did not have a room, had a lofted area that had no door just a curtain. The door to the hostel was left unlocked a lot and I didn't feel completely secure. It also sucked having to walk alone late at night back to my building down a dark street bc all my friends were in the main building. BUT it was very social and I met so many cool people, especially at the family dinners at the hostel.

The hostel was a really good hostel in terms of beds. Each one has it's own light and outlet, which in a room with 10 people is really impressive. They also use curtains to give people more privacy on their own beds and there are dividers between bunks, like a little cocoon. The breakfast was just ok, toast and cereal, but it got the job done. The location is good but the stupid tram runs until pretty late right past the windows and it's pretty loud.

Hard to find but worth it in the end!

Great hostel! Couldn't have asked for a better location for the city. Within walking distance from just about everything and down the street from the Parliament building. Staff was super helpful, and every 2 days they made a free dinner for everyone!! The beds had all you'd need-curtains to block the light, outlets and a lamp. And a lockable trunk for your stuff. And a good spread for breakfast! They pretty much thought of everything you'd need.

Clean, close to everything, friendly. Staff are all fantastic!! Highly recommend to anyone looking for a fun, smaller hostel where it is very easy to meet people. Within walking in the door I made a hostel full of new friends. The doors on the rooms don't lock but someone at the desk is there all the time in clear line of sight of all the doors. I strongly strongly recommend this place!!

Good hostel in an excellent location, just next to the parliament. The rooms are quite well equipped. The dinners are a great way to know the local food and meet other travellers.

Everything was perfect with Home Plus Hostel. I will definitely stay there again whenever I visit Budapest! I liked most the beds, that provide a private and separate zone for everyone in the room. I think it's like a new category in accomodation, between a bed and a private room :) Budapest is unforgettable and everything is accessible by a 5-15min walk. The hostel is recent and everything is clean and nice. Best hostel I have ever been in!

• 5th May 2015
  • Spain

The free dinners are the best way to meet fellow travellers, before everyone heads out for the night! Staff are amazing people, helpful and great fun to hang out with.

• 5th May 2015

Had a great time here, staff were all soo friendly and helpful! Only thing I would suggest is fixing showers

The staff was great and the place was well located and very clean. The dinners are a great way for the guests and the staff to get to know each other and are very delicious. The beds ae comfortable and tthe sheets that cover them give a nice touch of privacy

The Homeplus we stayed at was a few doors down from their bigger hostel. This one had all the facilities and dorms on one floor. So the atmosphere was home-y because everyone was all together on one floor and it was easier to socialise. However 2 toilets and 2 showers for 30 plus people was tricky in the morning and evening. Also I think during the time we stayed, they were going through renos so the locks on the shower rooms did not work. It was not the best. Location and staff were great tho!

• 27th Apr 2015

Best hostel ever! Amazing location just next to the Parliament and the wonderful Margaret island. The staff are very friendly, helpful, sociable, informative and knowledgeable. The rooms and facilities are excellent and clean.I loved that place an I will definetly come back ! I recommend it to everyone!

Left to go stay at another hostel. One Bathroom...? No thanks. But, great staff, nice atmosphere.

I have only two complains. One, there was mirrors only in one bathroom and in all of the rooms, but the other bathrooms and toilets didn't have any mirrors. Two, my first room's floor and my bed in that room were creaking soo much. I couldn't possibly sneak in without waking everybody in the room. Otherwise the stay was super and the staff is really helpful!

Small hostel - great atmosphere, easy to meet people and awesome staff. Also liked the free breakfast and dinner. Only location isn't perfect. Will come back.

A nice little hostel, the dinners were a great opportunity to meet fellow travellers and the staff were friendly. The toilets were very small, and only 2 for the whole hostel. But the location was great, just a block away from the Danube and Olympic Park. No keys for the dorm, but individual trunk lockers for each person. Reading lamp and personal power outlet for each bed, always a plus and wifi worked perfectly.

I have met the best staff behind the reception with beautiful staff members:) the manager was like the hostel's mother and the location was also cool. i made relations with the guests we even kept travelling afterwards. Homeplus hostel is a perfect place to make friendships, definitely RECOMMEND!!

• 16th Apr 2015

Loved it . The location was the best . And also the dinner . The staffs were friendly . Would definitely recommend it .

• 15th Apr 2015