HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

Loved it . The location was the best . And also the dinner . The staffs were friendly . Would definitely recommend it .

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Bhutan

I am not exactly sure if they change the bed sheets every time for the new guests, which I found a little disgusting, but otherwise is a nice atmosphere, very good location, cool people and good price

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Bulgaria

Great atmosphere. It's a small hostel, so it's very informal. They had a simple, but good breakfast of bread and cereal. The only problem was that there wasn't a lot of bathrooms, and the hot water ran out quickly.

Great small hostel!

Really nice hostel in a great location. However the staff was unorganized and pretty unprofessional, I couldn't tell who worked there and who were guests, and they gave my friends bed away one night while we were out for dinner. But still a nice place, I'd recommend it!!

We made many friends there. The common room is a good place to chill with others, either by chatting, playing PlayStation or jamming on the guitar. Definitely recommended for people travelling and wanting to meet fellow travellers too!

Love this hostel! Great atmosphere and their dinners they host are delicious! They're very helpful and we were able to book many different activities through them. Rooms are nice and clean as well as the bathrooms. Only problem, the whole hostel is way too hot all the time. I sweat everytime I walk through the door. But we did keep the windows open in the room while we slept. I can't wait to come back to this hostel.

It's a fine hostel for what you pay for. But, it's very small. The locked lockers were a plus, even though all the bedrooms were unlocked and accessible. I didn't like that there was only 1 toilet for each gender and that there were only 2 working showers. It was also crazy hot! The provided breakfast and dinners were fine and a nice touch. Wasn't a huge fan of the curfiew but I understand due to the size. Most of the staff were good, but one was particularly unfriendly.

Home plus is in a very central location, it was clean and offered free delicious dinners three times a week and the bunks had privacy curtains which was nice. While a lot of the staff was very helpful, the hostel allowed travelers to stay for free in exchange for working. Thus, most of the staff we interacted with were travelers who had been there only a few days and were very unhelpful when asked for advice, resorting to google. I wish the reception staff had been more versed in Budapest.

The staff are wonderful, the rooms are very interesting (I stayed in the newer building), great location right near the Parliament building. The dinner and breakfast were a bit lacking, but I can't complain because it was free. A nice cozy place to stay a few nights. I met so many great friends here :) will definitely recommend to others!

Nice place, very helpful staff.. A bunch of pretty Young people WHO known the city.. Very central to all the landmarks

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Bangladesh

Very nice hostel

the location is great, 3 min walking to the parliament building and the staff is very friendly but my room was very dirty fill with dust.

Could not fault this hostel in any way; staying here only heightened our great experience in budapest. Thanks again x

The staff were very nice but it is a very small hostel with a tiny common area. There is very little security with just a 24hr reception and lockers in the rooms (no key otherwise). There was no proper luggage storage room either. Bathrooms were very poorly designed and got dirty very quickly. About a 20 min walk from the heart of town.

Awesome atmosphere! The dinners they offer really brought the group together to meet and get to know each other. Great staff, super helpful.

Really friendly hostel with a great atmosphere and a good location. Highly recommend.

Loved this place!

Great stay would happily go again

• 19th Mar 2015

I loved my staying there because of the facilities and the staff, who made everything possible to make us feel at home. Also the little details, like the lights and power sockets for each bed, the excellent wifi, the information about the city. Everything is done really well. The only problem is that the building where the hostel is located is not particularly good and not always is cleaned properly. But all the rest makes up for this, I would definitely stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5