HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

The people there are extremely friendly and helpful :) Couldn't have asked for more

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Malta

A very lovely place in a lovely city. i recommend it deffinitely.

The best hostel I have stayed in, excellent and very helpful staff! I particularly enjoyed the family style dinner and the beautiful architecture being only walking distance from the hostel :)

• 21st Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

The hostel located only a few minutes from the center. It has an amazing vibe with the friendliest staff ive ever seen, and also a cozy common area with extra free dinners 3 times a week. The dinner was a great oppurtunity to taste Hungarian dishes and also the local liquer the strong "palinka". The hostel has an own pubcrawl service which is worth the price. We were guided to the best ruin pubs and also got free shots. I wish i could stay longer, thank you Budapest, thank you HomePlus! :)

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Hungary

thanks to the nice, kind staffs and good atmosphere, it was wonderful to spend my time in the hostel, I recommend here to you guys !

Great hostel! The staff and the other occupants are most affable and considerate . Highly recommend a stay here. Clean , comfortable, central and safe. I will certainly return.

• 16th Jan 2015

I really liked the hostel, the beds are good, either the beds from the private rooms or from the general rooms. It has a plug jacket near the beds and the hostel has a really good location.

WE checked out 4 days early as the staff did not enforce the rules and we were interrupted every night from our sleep in the middle of the night with people returning from partying.

• 10th Jan 2015

The staff are really friendly and always willing to help. The location is fantastic and close to trams and the subway station though I was able to walk pretty much everywhere I wanted to go. The only negative is that while the common room is cool the area is small and there is a curfew in it.

Excellent hostel. You feel very welcome at this very well located establishment, both because of the helpful staff and the social atmosphere. Breakfast is provided for free, although not very big, but what do you expect for this price. Free dinners were very nice to get to know the other guests. Limited sanitary facilities, although I never had to wait long. Because of this, especially the shower in the back was sometimes a bit dirty. I would without hesitating go here again on a next occasion!

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Brilliant staff, very helpful and the location is excellent. Felt the price was over the top for a hostel even bearing in mind it was the New Year period. But overall we were very happy.

• 4th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

The rooms don't lock so you put your stuff in a locker, location wasn't that great, nice along the river but you have to walk aways to see anything. Small hostel, i got there late and had to check out the next day and people were drinking and being loud in the common area which was right outside all the rooms. The room was cozy, bed comfy, tiny kitchen, common "hang out" area is a bunch of wooden boxes with pads on them which was weird, COLD shower :( Avenue hostel is much better!!

Very comfortable and cosy hostel, although we didn't have a key for the room I still felt very safe. Breakfast and dinner included was also a very nice touch. The staff were very friendly and interactive.

My room was five minutes away from the main hostel, but the staff was really nice and helpful. The common area was nice and intimate, making it easy for a lone traveler to get in touch with other people.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Norway

The hostel was very homely and the staff were all really helpful with everything! The hostel was always very warm (maybe too hot sometimes!) which was good, as it was winter. As it's not a very big hostel, I made a friends with a few of the other people staying there, as there was a nice communal room. There was also a simple free dinner which was a nice touch, it also came with a home made shot! I would definitely recommend this hostel to other people!

I didn't go on it, but a few of us laughed at the idea of paying 15e for 4 shots and a dice of pizza on the pub crawl. Maybe its better than I imagine though

• 27th Dec 2014

This is a great place to spend holidays in Budapest. Its location, near to the metro station and parliament, make it a very good option to choose. The staff was also good and very helpful. If you really want to meet new people then i would definitely recommend this place.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • India

I had a wonderful stay at HomePlus Hostel. I felt very comfortable and the staff was very helpful.

The staffs are great, actually they don`t look like staffs, they look like friends,

• 23rd Dec 2014

Adorable fellows, clean rooms, good location (close to the really nice city center)! Give it a try!

• 21st Dec 2014