HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

Friendly atmosphere, great pub crawl, staff were awesome, only issue was the shower on the left, it would not stay in its bracket so you had to hold it for the duration, the left toilet was being fixed but there was a free pub crawl so no complaints there, thanks for a perfect location and a great time in Budapest!

Hard to give an adequate review since the hostel seemed to be under construction when we were there. Was looking forward to checking in and grabbing a shower unfortunately the water system was being worked on and we had to wait 2 hours to use water let alone go to the bathroom. Seems the whole building is made of plywood which seems cheap, however the beds seem to have their own privacy wall with this which is nice. The mattresses were very comfy. Internet worked well. Plug ins hard to reach

Unfortunately this was the worst hostel I've ever stayed in :( They booked me and my girlfriend in separate rooms when we booked together They shut off all of the water in the hostel during our first morning and did not provide any alternative means to get ready They can only take card payment in the middle of the day so I had to come back specifically to pay when I wanted to explore It's in a dead neighborhood far from everything Showers don't have locks and are tiny Bad breakfast food

We really enjoyed our stay at HomePlus! The staff was very friendly and someone was there 24/7. They can help you with pretty much every reservation you need to make and we also did the pub crawl one night and also had a really great time! There is a noise curfew at 10, so if you're looking for a party hostel this is not the place, but I would definitely recommend it!

Great time here. Very friendly atmosphere, not loud. Very clean as well. Everything went very smoothly our two nights there.

• 18th Jun 2015

Many thanks to the owner for the great night i spent with him ;). His schnitzel was delicious :P

• 18th Jun 2015

Amazing hostel. Perfect for solo travelers as the staff create a ideal atmosphere for meeting other travelers. Facilities were the only think not perfect but even those were still decent. Low price. Perfect location. Great times. Would recommend.

One of our favorite hostels that we stayed in... Large free breakfast every morning, delicious free dinner 3 times a week, cool common room, really awesome and helpful staff, and good wifi throughout the whole hostel. The beds were really comfy and had curtains for a little extra privacy. Lockers for everyone. They had drinking jenga and cards with rules on how to play kings cup too. We easily walked everywhere we needed to. Really awesome experience

Nice hostel, love the dinners three times a week and chill out common area! Areas for improvement would be the shower heads, hot water system and breakfast set up.

this was one of the best hostels I've stayed at. the staff are friendly and helpful, and the hostel is small so you feel at home and can meet people easily. beds were comfy,place was clean, and was in the perfect location!

Well organised and extremely well located hostel at a decent price. Stayed in one of the separate apartments so lost out on the atmosphere of the hostel but was aware of this prior to booking. Staff helped wherever possible.

Really helpful, friendly staff. Good location and great breakfast. Only complaint was it would have been nice to have a few more showers but it's was never to much of a problem

Nice location, near the river and with 2 tram lines in the same block and the metro 10 minutes away. Breakfast, bathrooms ok. Good social area to meet people. Too small kitchen. Bedrooms or too noisy or with bad and noisy beds (stayed in the 6 bed dorms - bad beds and the 8 bed dorms - noisy). Broken air conditionated? I sugest fixing it, summer coming!

Loved the privacy of having a curtain and shelf/cupboard at the foot of the bed. Even with a towel rack. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Bathrooms were clean and the atmosphere was great. Wifi worked well and everyone had their own power socket and light

Excellent small hostel. The staff are great, welcoming, and have good recommendations on what to do in the area. The free breakfasts/dinners are a nice perk and have the effect of bringing everyone together at the same time, which was nice as a solo traveler. One thing to note is that the rooms are right off the common room, which could be a problem for light sleepers, although they have quiet hours in the common rooms after a certain time. I really enjoyed the vibe at this hostel.

We had a really nice time in this hostel. They have Everything that you need (breakfast, towels, maps, etc) nice people, pub crawls, hungarian dinner, located in the center of the city...

I loved my stay at Home Plus Hostel! It was nice and small so it was easy to meet people and had an awesome atmosphere which was especially good for me as a solo traveller. The free breakfast and dinners are excellent. Staff are super friendly. Obviously it's a hostel so don't go there if you're looking for 5 star hotel accommodation but if I go back to Budapest I will definitely come back here. I thought it was great and would highly recommend it!

The staff are super nice. The breakfast is also fine. And perfect location near parliament where you can enjoy a very nice might view. But it seems all guests are quite active, even staying up, chatting and having fun at2:00 in the morning, which made me hardly to fall asleep. maybe good for those staying in Budapest and experience it for longer time, who can sleep during the daytime.

The hostel was so welcoming and probably one of the best hostels I've stayed in this trip! I would definitely stay here again when I next come to Budapest!

• 4th Jun 2015

probably the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed, the staff are very friendly, location is good, nice atmosphere and did meet a lot of great people there. It would be perfect if the dinner could be offered every night, I don't mind to pay for it. will Definitely go back

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6