HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

The hostel is close to the beautiful parliament building, and many other attractions are in walking distance. The Internet connection was fast and reliable, unlike most hostels. The staff are very friendly and helpful. For the price we paid it was really great, nothing to complain about.

One of my favorite hostels in the world! Such an awesome place. Great value for money. I met so many amazing people in the hostel. It also has a great location. The free breakfast and Turkish dinner was great! We stayed for three nights so we got the hostel for 7 euro for each night! We went on the pub crawl with Anton who was great! And we met a lot of awesome people on the pub crawl!

An excellent hostel with really friendly and helpful staff. Showers, toilets and bedrooms were really clean. I definitely recommend this hostel.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at! Amazing location, extremely helpful staff and delicious breakfast and dinners! will definitely be back :)

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Wales

We absolutely loved our stay here! It's a fun, social hostel with a party vibe but also a place you can relax. The dinner is amazing!

• 5th Oct 2014

Good hostel. 3 times per week They cook dinner for all The hostel. We has to leave at 6am to take THE train and They put the breakfast on the table for us, very thoughtful!

Such a warm and friendly environment in the hostel! The staff were incredibly friendly. Free towels and use of huge lockers. Free breakfast every morning. Free dinner 3 times a week + Free facilities to use when ever we want. The crowd I met here were really nice people. Super friendly. Recommend doing the pub crawl. It might cost you 15 euros but you'll have a really fun night, meeting some really cool people. Close to parliament and the river, its location is spot on! Awesome hostel! :)

Very nice hostel, free dinner and breakfast. Nice location next to the river. Simple room but nice n spacious although the hostel staff slept directly above our room and were quite noisy at night. Some staff are very chilled out but sometimes too chilled out and not professional enough, we had to walk around the block to get our towels ourselves since they forgot to provide them, but not a big deal though. Positive atmosphere good for people who like to party.

As soon as I entered the hostel, felt the buzz. Guys were playing guitar in the common area, manager was organizing the common dinner (special Hungarian stuff) and staff was as smiling and welcoming as nowhere else! This is not only a hostel, this is a hostel with the mission of getting people together from all over the world! Second home I would call.. Keep on the excellent work guys!! And of course, see you later :)

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

SIMPLY THE BEST :) Clean beds, extraordinary social life and awesome staff, who makes you think you are at home! Highly recommend!!

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Located right near the parliament it is close to all the attractions. I was solo travelling and loved that almost everyone else was too in the hostel. It was the perfect social setting and I made lots of cool new friends. Everyone from the hostel was hanging out together, the common space is awesome. The staff are great, very helpful. It's a small hostel with everything you need. Good breakfast, beds are comfy. Good pub crawl. Thanks for everything!

Hey, thank you! It was nice to have you here, and that pub crawl was so much fun : ) Hope to see you soon, The HomePlus crew

this is a great hostel. the location is perfect to get to everyone you want just walking, The breaksfast is nice and the free dinners are just perfect specially to get to know some of the local food. Staff is really nice and are always available to give you some tips.

This is a hostel with a soul!! Smiling staff behind the reception, lovely owners, delicious dinners and breakfasts. Stayed in private room which was way too cool and well designed! Highly recommended hostel!

• 25th Sep 2014

Hello, thanks for the nice words. Hope you enjoyed the ruin bars too! : ) See you soon, The HomePlus Staff & Owners

BEST HOSTEL DURING MY TRIP!! Was in a perfect location for my needs, close to sites of interest and transport links to get around the city. The staff are super welcoming and helpful, providing some nice things for breakfast, dinners,and with sch extra facilities like tea, coffee, guitar or pub crawls!! The hostel itself has everything you'd expect for a memorable stay. Looking forward my next trip to Hungary, I will definitely stay in homeplus hostel!! See you later and much love to Shari!!

Hey, thanks a lot! Hope to see you again in Budapest soon! Much love from Shari and the staff here in HomePlus : )

Really fresh and clean place, would definitely recommend my friends to stay at this hostel if they're ever in Budapest. :)

• 24th Sep 2014

Hey, thanks! We're looking forward to hosting you and your friends in Budapest : ) The H+H team

Best hostel I stayed at in Europe. Such a great atmosphere and staff are really friendly.

• 20th Sep 2014

I had an awesme time here, amd totally recommend it for solo travelers. The staff are so fun and helpful. Dinner was good so was breakfast. Hangout room was cozy.

Hey, Thank you : ) We had an awesome time hosting you too! You're always welcome here! The HomePlus Crew

Great hostel. Loved the common area space. Staff was great - they checked me in at 6am since there was a free bed available and were all really friendly and helpful. I was there for the free dinner night so everyone at the hostel was gathered together which was nice. Probably could be hard to get a shower if it was full but I didn't have trouble. Kitchen is pretty small but they provide free breakfast and dinner 3x a week for free. Good location, close to a metro stop and trams.

Hello, Thanks so much for all these nice words! We're looking forward to having you at our dinner table again : ) The HomePlus Crew

I stayed in the HomePlus Hostel last week and I can honestly say it is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in; all down to the people I met in the hostel and staff! The staff were all amazing, they couldn't do enough in terms of making our stay perfect by giving us info about the city. There were many chillings out rooms in the hostel, and the free breakfast and Hungarian dinner were both great. If I go back to Budapest I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else! Highly recommend!

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Armenia

Hello, Thanks, it's good to hear from you! Hope to see you back in HomePlus during winter, it's so lovely here when it's all white : ) All the best, The H+H Team

It is a very cool place. I would come back ASAP :) Wifi works everywhere, free late breakfast, towels. Huge lockers, comfortable beds. And the staff! They are the most friendly, work maniac crew I've ever seen :)

• 15th Sep 2014

Grazie Bella! : ) We have the best job in the world, with guests so nice as you! All the best! The HomePlus Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6