HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

I have been traveling throughout Europe and Home Plus Hostel was definitely one of the best place I have stayed so far. It is perfect for solo travelers because the staff is friendly and helpful to find the most authentic places in the city where you can meet other backpackers or friendly locals. I enjoyed the home made dinner and pub crawl was cool because we had a huge group from other hostels and we visited ruin bars where local people also go out. All in all, the place is chill and clean.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Mexico

The staff here was amazing and our stay in Budapest wouldn't have been nearly as fun if it wasn't for Homeplus! Their community dinner was so much fun and the pub crawl was the highlight of our trip. We got awesome recommendations for food and sights to see, and it was so convenient to be able to buy tickets for a bathhouse from the hostel front desk. I highly recommend staying here!

This hostel was awesome! It was our first time staying at a hostel, and now we have very high standards wherever we go! The staff is extremely nice, and they have awesome connections throughout the city, including a great pub crawl. The rooms and beds are clean (and comfy), and it's a very warm, cozy environment. The location is great, and it's easy to get around!

• 20th Feb 2015

Other than the incredibly helpful and friendly staff, this was a very average hostel. Security could have been a lot better since their 'luggage storage' just meant that you could leave your bags in the common area and our room had a vintage style key, so it would be really easy to get into the room if someone wanted to. The location is ok, it is super close to a lot of restaurants but it's a fairly long walk to any touristy sites and a lot of the ruin bars.

The hostel is very very good! It was like staying in a friend's house. The location is very good and the staff is very kind and friendly. Clean rooms, hot showers and no noise after 22hr. Good atmosphere to meet people and quiet to rest. I highly recommend it! Thanks for the great stay in Budapest !!

Very good hostel. While I was there the door was broken which meant anyone from the building could enter the hostel and despite telling me there would be someone at the reception 24hrs one night there wasn't. The doors to the dorms didn't have locks. Toilets were clean but smelt bad. Location was OK.

Fantastic stay - felt very very welcome and as if nothing was too much trouble. Great vibe, good people, perfect location. Would definitely recommend and if I return to Budapest will definitely stay again!

I had awesome fun while staying here. Staff were really awesome, and give you lots of suggestions at check-in. Nice location right on the river and near the island but a little far away if you wanting to be going out in the Jewish District! Kitchen isn't really equipped/large enough for cooking your own food, but the home made dinners make up for it :)

AMAZING hostel, Homeplus thank you! i will definitely come back and recommend this place to everyone!!

• 12th Feb 2015

Had a good stay there, everyone was very helpful in setting up visits around town. Bath visits, Airport Shuttle, and a bar crawl were all scheduled from the front desk with very little difficulty. Probably need a small bit of repair work on the showers. Nothing was completely broken but it was all a bit out of shape. Definitely not enough to ruin the hostel or the trip, and I still recommend a stay here.

The people there are extremely friendly and helpful :) Couldn't have asked for more

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Malta

It was nice to meet you! We hope you will come back soon and you will experience the amazing spring in Budapest. Best wishes, HomePlus Crew

A very lovely place in a lovely city. i recommend it deffinitely.

Dear Guest, It was nice to meet you. Have a great day! See you soon! HomePlusCrew

The best hostel I have stayed in, excellent and very helpful staff! I particularly enjoyed the family style dinner and the beautiful architecture being only walking distance from the hostel :)

• 21st Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Dear Guest, It was nice to meet you! We hope we see you soon. Best wishes, HomePlusTeam

The hostel located only a few minutes from the center. It has an amazing vibe with the friendliest staff ive ever seen, and also a cozy common area with extra free dinners 3 times a week. The dinner was a great oppurtunity to taste Hungarian dishes and also the local liquer the strong "palinka". The hostel has an own pubcrawl service which is worth the price. We were guided to the best ruin pubs and also got free shots. I wish i could stay longer, thank you Budapest, thank you HomePlus! :)

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Hungary

Dear Guest, Thanks for your amazing compliments. We try to give you the best all the time. Best wishes, HomePlusCrew

Location wasn't amazing but it was good, staff were lovely, nice that breakfast was included

Dear Guest, We hope you did not miss that dinners are also included 3 times a week. Next time you visit us we recommend to try our pubcrawl as well to discover Budapest's famous nightlife as well. It was nice to meet you. Best wishes, HomeplusCrew

thanks to the nice, kind staffs and good atmosphere, it was wonderful to spend my time in the hostel, I recommend here to you guys !

Dear Guest, We feel glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you also tried our traditional dinners and the free breakfast every day. It was nice to meet you. Hope you come back soon. Regards, HomeplusTeam

Great hostel! The staff and the other occupants are most affable and considerate . Highly recommend a stay here. Clean , comfortable, central and safe. I will certainly return.

• 16th Jan 2015

Dear Guest, It was nice to meet you. We are happy that you had an unforgottable stay in Budapest. We would highly recommend to try our pubcrawl service to discover the best ruin pubs with us. Take care, HomePlusTeam

I really liked the hostel, the beds are good, either the beds from the private rooms or from the general rooms. It has a plug jacket near the beds and the hostel has a really good location.

Dear Guest, Thanks for your kind words. We hope we see you soon. Best wishes, HomePlusCrew

WE checked out 4 days early as the staff did not enforce the rules and we were interrupted every night from our sleep in the middle of the night with people returning from partying.

• 10th Jan 2015

Dear Guest, Thanks for your feedback. We learn from our mistakes and thats why we close our common area at 22:00. As you know hostels have so many guests at the same time and it is not possible to forbid partying. Next time please let us know if you want to be more relaxed and we can show you our new apartment mainly for these cases. Thanks for your understanding. Best wishes, HomePlusCrew

The staff are really friendly and always willing to help. The location is fantastic and close to trams and the subway station though I was able to walk pretty much everywhere I wanted to go. The only negative is that while the common room is cool the area is small and there is a curfew in it.

Dear Guest, We feel happy that you enjoyed your stay. As you say Budapest is a really amazing city. In case you come back you should check our pubcrawl service as well to discover the best ruin pubs in the city. You now we need to keep the curfew to let others sleep, but we can also recommend some nice pubs just beside the hostel. We look forward hearing from you soon, Best wishes, HomePlusCrew

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6