HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

1906 Total Reviews

I had a fantastic experience with HomePlus, my friend and I stayed three nights and wish we could have stayed longer. The staff was very friendly, the pub crawl was so much fun, and the atmosphere was really relaxed and easygoing, it was easy to meet new people and make friends.

• 29th Jan 2016

Our 4 bedroom was a huge bedroom with a view (the orange room). Only thing is that because the door was quite old, the inside handle fell and we were stuck outside for a good hour before they could get us in (not a problem, great common room). Good breakfast but by the time we arrived for dinner (5 min after the time) there was only a little bit of soup left and the people who got there after were left with none (C'mon, you guys made a medium pan of soup for the entire hostel?).

HomePlus was amazing. My stay here was wonderful to say the least. The staff was incredibly friendly, the hostel was very clean and the location perfect! This has become my go-to hostel whenever I visit Budapest for sure. Can only recommend it highly! Thank you very much guys! Until another time!

• 17th Jan 2016

A bit boring, the common room is setup to hangout out buy the tiered effect makes it difficult to interact. Someone is always lower than the other. Staff were great. Bathroom placement is weird.

Staff amazingly helpful and friendly. Great family atmosphere. Showers pretty good. Cleaners daily. Comfy beds.

Perfect atmosphere and nice staff. You have everything you need for the price that you paid.

The staff was really hospitable and nice. Loved the option of free homemade Hungarian dinner. The rooms were neat and tidy and service was good. It was near the river and in a good location. Met many interesting people while staying here and would book this hostel again if I were to return to Budapest.

• 9th Jan 2016
  • Mojojojo727

Overall I appreciated how clean this hostel was with good beds and free towels I was very happy about this. Overall it's not a bad hostel but it's certainly not one for atmosphere. No one really wants to go out or join in drinking which was a bit of a shame. I wouldn't go back but only cause it didn't feel like a happening hostel. But if you want quiet and clean this is a good place for you!

• 8th Jan 2016

Homely hostel. Quite small but doesn't matter because it means you get to know everyone. Breakfast is standard. Had a few sick guests but no effort to disinfectant the bathrooms etc. Good location near Parliament. Would stay again.

I love Homeplus & Budapest!!! Just come and you will never regret!

Really great place; perfect location, right in front of the number 2, 4 and 6 trams. Only complaint is that breakfast was basic, but with a free dinner every second night it all evens out! Amazing atmosphere and staff.

despite we found some little thing which makes the hostel looks a little bit unorganized, it is very good! the staff, the service, the facilities, the free food in the kitchen, etc. thanks for your service and we would really like to go back someday!

Dear Traveller, Thank you for your feedback, we will definitely improve those "little things" as well, see you soon ;-)

The atmosphere was really nice! It's such a small hostel so you get to learn who everyone is! Plus, there's a free dinner every couple of nights. The only problem that I had was that my door was broken the entire time I was there - they said that they were going to fix it, but it never got done in the 3 days I was there. It's also shared bathroom/toilets so if you don't like that, then I wouldn't recommend.

Dear Traveller, We are happy that you enjoyed our homey vibe, especially that you liked our dinners. Sorry about your room's door, but our handymen took some days to celebrate christmas with his family :( But we already fixed it, come back soon and see it with your own eyes ;-)

We had a lovely stay. Staff was excellent and a very homey & friendly place!

Dear Traveller, Thank you, see you maybe during the summer? :)

The staff was really nice and helpfull with us. The conditions in the private flat was really good. The location is really close to the Parliament, so close to the city centert. The parking is not included. The car will be parked outside on the street and it is not for free.

• 20th Dec 2015
  • Reunion

Dear Traveller, Thank you for your compliments, the reception team is really proud reading reviews like yours :) The limited parking is the price what we have to pay for our downtown location, but on the flip side, it is free during the evening and on weekends ;-)

Our stay in this hostel was perfect. Right next to the tram lines which take you all over the city, just a short walk to parliament and a view across the Danube river of the Royal Palace, this hostel is in the perfect location. The staff were so helpful with everything we asked about and very friendly. The atmosphere was peaceful and respectful, and our room was huge. The bunk beds have their own lockers and each have a night light and shelf (great idea). I can't fault this hostel, thank you!

Dear Traveller, you are more than welcome, we hope that you will choose us again if you return to our city :)

In the left side of the 8-bed dorm, where there are lockers just under the bed (on the floor), depositing space should be cleaned thoroughly. My clothes were full of dust after taking out.

Dear Traveller, Sorry about hearing this, we have a cleaning company which comes every day, we will forward your feedback to them. I hope you liked your stay at us, and collected some unforgettable memories ;-)

Excellent hostel at the river Danube! Best experience ever i liked the staff, the location and he unique deign!

• 10th Dec 2015
  • Andorra

Dear Traveller, thank you so much, come back soon!

This hostel is the best I have ever stayed in. The staff are truly wonderful, thanks to Balazs for making my stay in Budapest feel like home away from home... I will be back!

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Hungary

Dear Traveller, Balazs send his best wishes to you. Have a nice day!

Awesome! hot and nice girls behind the desk, cool design and incredibly social place. My favourite hostel EVER! See u guyz next year!

• 8th Dec 2015

Dear Traveller, although the male members of the receptionist team feel a little excluded, thank you very much :) Come back soon, so we can drink a pálinka together :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5