HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

This is a fantastic hostel for travelling solo or if looking to interact with other travelers - it has a great community atmosphere with a really relaxed, social approach. I will definitely be back!

All would be excellent if it wasn't for the British guys. The British guys think that they are still in England. They cannot adapt to the nature of Budapest. They police hallways and make people very uncomfortable. Also, they do not provide the most important information that visitors need to know. I personally had to orient most of the people because they see Budapest as the cities in Scotland and Wales that they live in. So, to increase clientele, hire other Hungarians/traveled people.

• 10th Sep 2014

This place is absolutely amazing as you get way more than you pay for! Especially when it relates to hospitality and making you feel at home. Staff is extremely kind and helpful, making us totally feel at home. Also the location is nice and facilities are perfect! Without overexaggerating this problably was the most friendly, hospitable hostel I ever stayed in! Thank you guys for our amazing time with you! Trust me, already making plans for revisiting. So see you soon!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Slovakia

Great location,close to a lot of things you have to see in Budapest, tram stop is just few steps away, grocery store is just around the block and there are few pubs in the area. Wifi is good, breakfast is solid, Staff is helpfull and friendly.

Great for single travellers. It's a small common area so lots of mingling and the hostel staff are great and happy to go out with the guests on any night of the week.

음악분수 옆에 있어서 너무 좋았어요 위치는 그럭 저럭 나쁘지 않았고 숙소시설도 그냥 평타?

Generally nice hostel and staff but the facilities were just not good enough. Rooms didn't lock at all and neither did the bathrooms..... So if you like you're privacy whilst having a shower or on the loo this isn't the place for you. Not even toilets either.

Very good hostel in general, I strongly recommend it!!

I really loved that place! The staff is awesome, very friendly and whenever you need help, they'll make sure that you'll be fine!! they also prepared free dinner for everyone and we all hung out in the living room together, guests and staff. It felt like a big family reunion. :) I'll be back, for sure! If you are still looking for a place to stay, you won't regret going to HomePlus!!

• 28th Aug 2014

The huge positive for this hostel is the excellent friendly staff! Right from the check in they were super efficient and friendly! They gave me great orientation and ideas of what to see what to do and where to eat! Small hostel with free dinner every second night and free bfast every morning! Highly recommended!

There is nearly no daylight in the place. The common area is closed after 21:30pm - it is not even possible to sit there with light and read a book! Answer of the staff after complaining: "You can stay in your bed or in a bar!!!" Why pay 15€/night for that? Even in central Pest this is not really good value! I decided to leave the hostel after 2 night of stay (but having payed 3 nights) and moved to another hostel where they had a REAL common room (not one which is closed in the evening)....

Fun environment but not much privacy. Good place to meet people though!

This was the perfect place to stay in Budapest. I met people from all over the world at this hostel and everyone there was very sociable. I would definitely stay here again. As a bonus the hostel put on breakfast every morning.

Loved this hostel. The staff were all so warm and helpful. I was sick when I was there and they constantly were helping me out and looking in on me. One of the best places i have stayed

The plywood bunks are kinda weird. Never seen that before. Nice, small, cosy hostel. Nice break from the big chain ones. Staff helpful, fast wifi.

Fantastic, the wonderful staff and great atmosphere made my holiday.

The hostel's staff was very friendly and helpful! Also the location is great since it's right next to a tram line that takes you directly to city center and back 24/7. As I was staying in the hostel alone, I found it great that the hostel offered a free breakfast every morning and while everyone was sitting around the same small table I got invited to join people to their trips every day!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Really really nice hostel!! Would highly recommended for those who like a homely, sociable atmosphere!

Great staff, great place, highly recommend!

Great hostel. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. We had a lovely free meal there with the Palinka shot. Really nicely decorated hostel with ample secure lockers. Staff seemed to know the city inside out and helped with recommendations. Perhaps two toilets for the entire hotel is a bit lacking, but we managed. Was a bit quiet at times, but a good atmosphere when we had the meal - everyone went on a pub crawl after. Would definitely recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5