HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

This hostel is absolutely fantastic! The staff is amazing, they create a homely vibe. They cook Hungarian food some days, it's so delicious!! And all the guests hang out together, we played Nintendo Wii, and made mulled wine together : ) It's clean and comfortable, I recommend it to everyone visiting Budapest!!!

• 13th Dec 2014

The best hostel I've ever stayed in! Very homey, great staff, people and everything!

The staff of this place is simply amazing, super friendly and welcoming and they make you feel like at home, I had a great time getting to know everyone of them. They showed me great tips on where to go and eat. Hostel is small so meeting people at breakfast or on the free hungarian dinners is really easy. The only downside I'd say are the one toilet per gender, and the blanquets were a little bit unconfortable to me. Overall great place to stay and I would definetly come back again.

Great atmosphere - the staff is very friendly and helpful! You fell as if you were at home; seems like a shared apartment - really nice for young travelers. The location, next to the Parlament, is excellent! (free brekfast =) )

Very good and friendly place to stay

I really liked this hostel. The location was good and the staff were very friendly and helpful. They all knew what it was like to come to Budapest. The only downfall is a severe lack of showers and toilets. However, the atmosphere is really nice and the dinner was really good. The scottish guy and the mexican girl make you feel really welcome. Overall, two thumbs up.

Fantastic hostel!! The included breakfast and occasional traditional Hungarian dinners were amazing. They provided more than enough delicious food and helped us save a lot of money. The staff were incredibly helpful and fun. Great rooms, bathroom facilities and common area. Felt more like being at home then being in a hostel! Will definitely return on my next trip to Budapest.

This hostel is close to one of the train stations, but a bit farther from the nightlife. But a team is close. The staff are really friendly and helpful. However, there's only 2 toilets and hence they aren't always the cleanest.

The best hostel Ive ever visited! Nice food and staffs Everything was perfect!

• 25th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Best hostel I've ever been. The staff is really nice and make you feel home. Nothing to complain.

Hi, that's lovely to read : ) Thanks for this nice comment and for your stay with us in Budapest! Enjoy your travels, and visit us if you're around! Best, H+H staff

I loved my stay at Homeplus. Great athmosphere. The staff is friendly, welcoming. They organize programs if you want to socialize, but you also can just rest after a long sightseeing day, if that's what you need. The location is excellent, very central, and it's right at the waterfront of Danube.

Hi, thanks for the nice words! You're always welcome here : ) Take care, H+H team

This was my first hostel experience and it was fantastic. They did a great job of making everyone feel welcome. They make a big dinner for everybody a few times a week and it's a great way to meet new people from all over the world. Make sure you do the Pub Crawl too!

• 21st Nov 2014

Hey, it's great to hear you had a good time with us! We're happy that we could introduce you to the world of hostels : ) And thanks for joining us in the PubCrawl - that was a fun night!! : ) Wish you all the best, The HomePlus team

Excellent location near transport, really friendly and helpful staff. Was not the cleanest of places, but good value for the money you pay for. Would recommend to my friends. Thank you :)

Hello, thanks : ) See you soon! Best, H+H staff

We really enjoyed HomePlus. They were so helpful with any questions we had and provided many things we should see and do. Bed mattresses and pillows were THIN. Toilets were close to common area so it was a little bit awkward maybe install a fan. Breakfast included is nice and although we missed the free dinner, it is a great addition. Didn't like the follow up email from the hostel asking me to give them a 100% rating on hostel world. Would definitely stay here again though!

I stayed in the 8 bed dorm which was excellent. Comfy beds, enough privace, safe lockers for your luggage. Facilities are cool, organized a car racing champ. with the others on wii :) You meet in Homeplus hostel a lot of cool faces, I even continued my trip with one of the guests. Staff made us stick together and get extremely social!! CHEERS!!

• 16th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Hi, so happy to hear from you! Enjoy your travels, take care! The HomePlus Team

Waaay the best hostel ever! Staff is so helpful, first I tought I was in some thai, high quality boutique hotel :) Without any doubt, these guys are here really to make your stay memorable and enjoy the hostel and the city. Breakfast is very nice with the owner's home made marmalade and pub crawls with the palinka, well can't really remember but must have been awesome :) We will definitely come back! Vinnie&Larissa

• 16th Nov 2014

Hey, thanks so much, we do our best : ) Looking forward to hosting you again! The H+H crew

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. It was almost like living in a home with roommates. The free dinners were amazing, and the pubcrawls were outstanding. Met so many awesome people, and the staff were extremely helpful and became like friends too.

Cheers man, thanks for staying with us : ) Hope you liked Budapest too! Best, The HomePlus staff

This has been my favorite hostel throughout my euro travels. The hungarian dinners are amazing and the staff is truly wonderful. Free fresh towels, a plethora of tea and coffee are icing on the cake. The common areas made it super easy to meet people and you're close to all the awesome attractions. I'll stay here any time I come back to budapest!

Awesome hostel!! Wonderful people I'll stay there again in a heart beat. Thanks guys!

shower has leakin problem. would be better to have more toilet (now one for each gender). good to have traditional hungarian dinner for free three times a week.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6