HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

Really nice hostel! The people at the desk was super nice and helpful. They serve you free food on certain days which is great! It's quite a small hostel but the rooms are big, with like 16 people in each, and that was so much fun! We met a bunch of really nice people. Good breakfast, good beds with curtains, if you'd like some privacy. The only downside was that the floor of the shower and toilet got a bit dirty and wet so in the end you didn't want to go in there without shoes.

Awesome hostel!

Had a good stay. Facilities are clean and the common room makes it easy to meet people! Would recommend.

really nice but only 2 toilets in the middle of the common area? only problem

Loved it. Especially the fact that you had a guitar on site! The staff were very kind and atmosphere friendly.

• 14th Jul 2015

This hostel was a great place to stay in Budapest! It was kind of a hike with my backpack from the train but once I got there it was in a central location, and the city proved to be very walkable. Go on the free walking tour and take advantage of the free dinners.

Pretty great atmosphere, beds, great staff, free Friday meal, very secure would recommend.

Unfortunately I couldn't spend a lot time here but I wish I could! This hostel is amazing! The building where the hostel is is a traditional one, it looks so pretty. There is AC, kitchen, free towels, a common room, and a lot more and music all day long here. The building of Parliament and Margaret Island is really close, and there is a main road just in the corner from where you can get to everywhere in a very short period of time. The staff is the best one I've ever met. Don't miss this place!

• 8th Jul 2015

Great hostel.. the only little gripe I have with it is that it has many different buildings that are smaller than the main hostel area, so you can't really make that many friends, but I did manage to make some anyway, really happy about my stay here.

The human quality of that place is unique. Well located, everyone is young and they had all the energy. The room was big with beautifull bathroom. It was really clean and the staff was really helpfull. It´s a really good vibes place.

• 4th Jul 2015

Great hostel located close to the parliament, with good free breakfast and wifi. Staff was super helpful. Only negative thing is the beds are all connected together, so the entire thing shakes when one climbs on his. Other than that, great place!

Friendly atmosphere, great pub crawl, staff were awesome, only issue was the shower on the left, it would not stay in its bracket so you had to hold it for the duration, the left toilet was being fixed but there was a free pub crawl so no complaints there, thanks for a perfect location and a great time in Budapest!

The people staying here and the staff were both wonderful, and for that reason alone it's a great stay. However, it can get quite dirty and they only have two toilets for 20+ people (one of which wasn't working while I was there). It's also a solid 25 minute walk to the main going out areas and ever further from the main attractions.

Dear traveler, The hostel is located in a traditional building which was built in the 19th century. Therefore, the plumbing is old. One of the toilets was leaking so we decided to replace it. Everybody used the other toilet although it was offered to go over to the neighbour building and use the toilets there. It was dirty due to the maintainance works. Sorry for the inconvenience. Yes, it's like a 20 min walk from the pubs but you walk by the river and during you have a magnificent view. :)

It was with no fuzz That I got my bed at HotelPlus. The facilities were clean, and the bathrooms too And the dinner was very nice to chew. Lost as a traveler, i didn't know what to do The friendly staff recommended me many places I could go to. In the end, a nice time I had Though the couple next to me made the last night quite bad. (Yes, they really did what you're thinking) //Hostelspider

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

Liked this hostel. There is a good continental breakfast spread. The staff were very helpful. There's also a nice little wii area thing. I think the free walking tour they offered was by some random staff member, but it wasn't very good. It was sort of a waste of time even though the girl was really nice. Possibly train them better. Everything else was great though!

The staff recommended a great walking tour of the city to us and we were able to buy our tickets for the baths and a river cruise at the reception. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only downfall was that shower wasn't available to use on the day we arrived because of maintenance being carried out.

Dear traveler, Sorry for the inconvenience that the water issue has caused. Due to the fact that the hostel is located in a traditional hungarian type building which was built in the 19th century, the original plumbing is old. A yearly maintainance took place in the building, this was the reason for having no water. All in all, I hope you liked staying at us. Hope to see you soon!

Everything fine!

Hard to give an adequate review since the hostel seemed to be under construction when we were there. Was looking forward to checking in and grabbing a shower unfortunately the water system was being worked on and we had to wait 2 hours to use water let alone go to the bathroom. Seems the whole building is made of plywood which seems cheap, however the beds seem to have their own privacy wall with this which is nice. The mattresses were very comfy. Internet worked well. Plug ins hard to reach

We were happy with the hostel when we arrived but the staff failed to mention when we checked in that there was significant building work taking place meaning we were woken by by loud drilling at 8 in the morning, and there was no running water until 12pm, including toilets. We went out for a few hours and came back to find this was extended to 6pm. An entire day with no showers, kitchen or toilets, and none of this was communicated to us. Not even an apology was offered by staff. Unacceptable.

Hey ! We are sorry about the incoviniences, unfortunately due to some serious pipeline works which affected the whole building we had to cooperate with the common reconstructions too. However we didn't let the men drilling at 8, only after 11 and we offered free pub crawls to everyone of our guests as compensation. We apologize again and hope to see you soon :) HH Team

We really enjoyed our stay at HomePlus! The staff was very friendly and someone was there 24/7. They can help you with pretty much every reservation you need to make and we also did the pub crawl one night and also had a really great time! There is a noise curfew at 10, so if you're looking for a party hostel this is not the place, but I would definitely recommend it!