HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

Really enjoyed HomePlus! Two things to note... they do not take credit card so I had to pay for my stay in cash. Secondly, while the location is great for sightseeing (there is a tram stop right out the front and bus stops around the corner) the hostel is a 15-20 minute walk from the Old Jewish Quarter, which is where all the ruin pubs are. Other than those two things, my entire group loved our stay. The staff was awesome and the traditional Hungarian dinner was FANTASTIC. Would stay here again!

• 23rd Oct 2014

HomePlus Hostel has a great & friendly staff. When you stay there, you'll understand what i mean exactly. Hungarian dinner and Palinka were also great! It was like a big family dinner. :)

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Turkey

This hostel is very cosy, warm and friendly. It's not too loud but everyone chats to each other and it has a very homely vibe. Staff are friendly, rooms are clean yet the kitchen is quite small. Overall good value for money.

Loved this hostel! Stayed for 5 nights and was very pleased with it. Small but homey. Beds feel fairly private and the staff are extremely nice. Only issue was that one of our dorm mates was robbed by an idiot who was staying with us. Staff reacted quick and everything was solved quickly! Would recommend this hostel to anyone!

I absolutely loved this place! The name of the hostel says it all - from the very first moment I felt like home. I was supposed to stay for 3 nights but I stayed for a week. It's a small hostel so it's very easy to meet new people. Very good location, nice rooms, clean bathrooms, and a great common room. And of course the amazing staff who make this place so awesome! Definitely in my top 5.

The location was the best, very close to the Parliament and near a tram. Nice people and clean in general.

The hostel is close to the beautiful parliament building, and many other attractions are in walking distance. The Internet connection was fast and reliable, unlike most hostels. The staff are very friendly and helpful. For the price we paid it was really great, nothing to complain about.

One of my favorite hostels in the world! Such an awesome place. Great value for money. I met so many amazing people in the hostel. It also has a great location. The free breakfast and Turkish dinner was great! We stayed for three nights so we got the hostel for 7 euro for each night! We went on the pub crawl with Anton who was great! And we met a lot of awesome people on the pub crawl!

It has to be said that this hostel is rather cramped but that has to be expected as it is only one half of one floor in a building. That is more than made up for by the atmosphere which has to be put down to the staff who are not only helpful but join in with activities and communal dinners etc. They are excellent and make the hostel.

Too few toilets is the only complaint I would have about HomePlus. The staff are really helpful and friendly. Loved the free dinner which was a great opportunity to meet my fellow hostellers. Overall I had a marvellous time in Budapest and especially at HomePlus. Thanks!

An excellent hostel with really friendly and helpful staff. Showers, toilets and bedrooms were really clean. I definitely recommend this hostel.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Hi, thanks for your kind words! Our door is always open for you! : ) Cheers, H+H Staff

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at! Amazing location, extremely helpful staff and delicious breakfast and dinners! will definitely be back :)

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Wales

Hey, thanks so much! Hope to see you again in the wintertime! : ) The HomePlus Crew

Amazing atmosphere. Staff organizes activities (pub crawls and stuff) on a daily basis. Lounge is very chill and a good place to meet other travellers, specially if you travelling solo. Free dinners are a awesome way of having fun and meeting new people.

This hostel was one of the best places I have ever stayed in. While the facilities are fairly basic, the place is clean and fresh, and the beds are comfortable. The staff are really friendly, and very helpful. Breakfast is basic, but there is more than enough to keep you going throughout the day. Also, a few nights a week, they put on a traditional Hungarian meal for free as well, which was delicious and filling - lined the stomach for the pub crawl - which I recommend.

We absolutely loved our stay here! It's a fun, social hostel with a party vibe but also a place you can relax. The dinner is amazing!

• 5th Oct 2014

Hello, thanks for your feedback, and for choosing us! It was a pleasure to host you : ) See you soon, H+H team

Good hostel. 3 times per week They cook dinner for all The hostel. We has to leave at 6am to take THE train and They put the breakfast on the table for us, very thoughtful!

Hola, gracias! Hope you enjoyed the city too! Don't forget - you're always welcome here : ) The HomePlus crew

Such a warm and friendly environment in the hostel! The staff were incredibly friendly. Free towels and use of huge lockers. Free breakfast every morning. Free dinner 3 times a week + Free facilities to use when ever we want. The crowd I met here were really nice people. Super friendly. Recommend doing the pub crawl. It might cost you 15 euros but you'll have a really fun night, meeting some really cool people. Close to parliament and the river, its location is spot on! Awesome hostel! :)

Hey, thanks! We're lucky we have such cool guests! Next time you're in Budapest, you know where to find us : ) Wishing you nice travels, The HomePlus staff

Very nice hostel, free dinner and breakfast. Nice location next to the river. Simple room but nice n spacious although the hostel staff slept directly above our room and were quite noisy at night. Some staff are very chilled out but sometimes too chilled out and not professional enough, we had to walk around the block to get our towels ourselves since they forgot to provide them, but not a big deal though. Positive atmosphere good for people who like to party.

As soon as I entered the hostel, felt the buzz. Guys were playing guitar in the common area, manager was organizing the common dinner (special Hungarian stuff) and staff was as smiling and welcoming as nowhere else! This is not only a hostel, this is a hostel with the mission of getting people together from all over the world! Second home I would call.. Keep on the excellent work guys!! And of course, see you later :)

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hi, I'ts so nice to read your kind words! We're looking forward to hosting you again! The HomePlus family ; )

SIMPLY THE BEST :) Clean beds, extraordinary social life and awesome staff, who makes you think you are at home! Highly recommend!!

Hey, thanks, we're happy you've had a good time in HomePlus! See you soon, The Staff