HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

The hostel was so welcoming and probably one of the best hostels I've stayed in this trip! I would definitely stay here again when I next come to Budapest!

• 4th Jun 2015

probably the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed, the staff are very friendly, location is good, nice atmosphere and did meet a lot of great people there. It would be perfect if the dinner could be offered every night, I don't mind to pay for it. will Definitely go back

This hostel is directly next to Jasai Mari Ter which is extremely convenient as we can easily ride Tram #2, 4 and 6 and also metro line to explore the city with ease. Its atmosphere is also great for striking conversations with other travellers and its staff are really friendly and helpful. We immensely enjoy our stay in Homeplus.

On arrival it was annoying because there was no one on reception and we had to wait in the sun, we were also sent to the wrong address as the hostel was split into two separate buildings. Whilst it was a great social atmosphere and was a good place to meet fellow travellers, the fact that the beds were all joined together meant that sleep was interrupted because as soon as one person moved it was felt in all beds. Whilst the main room door locked ours joined another making it less secure

Was only here for a night but can't really fault it for the price I paid. Free breakfast (usual basic hostel deal cereal, bread, jams) and coffee (using a cafetiere), kitchen facilities (as far as I can remember), the beds had two power sources each (one with a lamp plugged in) and a curtain on the side for privacy. I guess it was a little bit noisy outside (Saturday night in the centre of Budapest) but yeah, positive!

Simply the best!! Very well designed beds and common area. Clean kitchen with a big table, where we ate awesome dinner :) Staff is great, there are like friends, highly recommend this place!

• 29th May 2015

Loved this hostel! As far as hostels go, this one is especially great because your bed area is like a mini room - you've got a locker, a cubby, and a curtain to pull for when you want to sleep. I was in one of the extension buildings and loved the staff - Estie (Sorry if I misspelled it!) and Greg were very kind, sweet, funny, and helpful! Also, the traditional Hungarian dinner was delicious! The only problem I had was that the frame of my bed (I was a top bunk) was really squeaky.

• 28th May 2015

Great hostel. Really convienant location, super friendly staff, and good rooms that offer more privacy than normal for a hostel. Would definitely book them again in the future.

• 28th May 2015

I turned on the shower to let it warm up, got undressed and checked the water again, it was just barely lukewarm. I waited another minute or two and gave up when the temperature didn't increase. I went to the other double shower room. The first one was full of water that couldn't get through the clogged drain. I checked the second, it was clear and had hot water, rejoice! Unfortunately, that drain was clogged so I had to lather w/o water. Also, please install hooks in the bathrooms!

Hostel looks hastily thrown together. Two toilets for the whole hostel is not enough. Kitchen is very small, but usable. Staff was friendly and location was good.

Excellent value for money. Homeplus has everything you need from a hostel: clean, cheap, friendly, knowledgeable staff and amazing location. As well as a simple breakfast there is even a Hungarian dinner thrown in twice a week. I would use them again if I go back to Budapest.

We had a great time at HomePlus Hostel, the staff was super friendly and helpful! It was nice knowing that there was someone at the front desk 24/7. We loved the atmosphere, location, and free breakfast, wifi, and extra towels. HomePlus Hostel is a great place!

• 24th May 2015

Homeplus hostel was great! Location is good, and great recommendations on the places to visit by the staff. Had an awesome time with the other travelers as well as people managing the hostel. Plus free dinners on selected nights! Definitely coming back when I go to Budapest again!

• 22nd May 2015
  • Singapore

For the most part the staff were all very helpful. I wasn't a huge fan the way the breakfast was set up. The only huge thing that I wish someone would have done something about was ensuring quiet hours. Theres even a sign in the kitchen saying please be quiet after 22:00 because its not a party hostel, yet people were playing music and chatting til 12/1 in the morning .....I wish the staff would've asked people to keep it down more especially when people came back from the pub crawls.

This is a great hostel, with a nice location walking distance from parliament and other sights. Definitely a great option for Budapest!

I've been back packing for three months and this is one of my favorite hostels so far. Intimate homey hostel perfect for meeting other travelers. The place is big enough to accommodate large groups but small enough for everyone to get to know each other. While I was there everyone pretty much stuck together and went out to see the city and party. The staff is great and they're always smiling and willing to suggest something to do. Family dinner is the best and saves so much money as a traveler!

Good atmosphere and great staff !

Awesome location. Staff was so friendly and helpful. Very homey vibe! Would definitely come back!

Very warm and welcoming hostel. The staff members were SO helpful during my stay. If you're looking for a nice, homey, quiet and personable hostel to stay in while in Budapest, this is the one!

The location was ok, buses and trams real close. I stayed in one of 3 bldgs they own so if i wanted breakfast that meant getting dressed to go walk there, that I didn't care for. The staff were very helpful all the time.