HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

We made many friends there. The common room is a good place to chill with others, either by chatting, playing PlayStation or jamming on the guitar. Definitely recommended for people travelling and wanting to meet fellow travellers too!

It was a pleasure to have you guys in our hostel! We hope to see you soon! Best The HomePlus Team

Love this hostel! Great atmosphere and their dinners they host are delicious! They're very helpful and we were able to book many different activities through them. Rooms are nice and clean as well as the bathrooms. Only problem, the whole hostel is way too hot all the time. I sweat everytime I walk through the door. But we did keep the windows open in the room while we slept. I can't wait to come back to this hostel.

Hi, thank you for your nice words, dinners are made by love :) However, the heating system changed from the beginning of May. I hope to see you again someday in our hostel! Cheers The HomePlus Team

Great staff and homelike atmosphere.

It's a fine hostel for what you pay for. But, it's very small. The locked lockers were a plus, even though all the bedrooms were unlocked and accessible. I didn't like that there was only 1 toilet for each gender and that there were only 2 working showers. It was also crazy hot! The provided breakfast and dinners were fine and a nice touch. Wasn't a huge fan of the curfiew but I understand due to the size. Most of the staff were good, but one was particularly unfriendly.

Very OK hostel with a nice concept - the color blocks which are forming the beds About the location!: even it's very near the Parliament (which is definitely a top sight of the city) this same Parliament is not that close to the Old town and the city centre, where the nightlife happens and most of the day activities as well (25mn walk). Along the Danube (4 American girls in my dormitory left their stuff and didnt come back the 2 nights after, hope everythings okay) Very calm ambiance-too much?

Home plus is in a very central location, it was clean and offered free delicious dinners three times a week and the bunks had privacy curtains which was nice. While a lot of the staff was very helpful, the hostel allowed travelers to stay for free in exchange for working. Thus, most of the staff we interacted with were travelers who had been there only a few days and were very unhelpful when asked for advice, resorting to google. I wish the reception staff had been more versed in Budapest.

The staff are wonderful, the rooms are very interesting (I stayed in the newer building), great location right near the Parliament building. The dinner and breakfast were a bit lacking, but I can't complain because it was free. A nice cozy place to stay a few nights. I met so many great friends here :) will definitely recommend to others!

Nice place, very helpful staff.. A bunch of pretty Young people WHO known the city.. Very central to all the landmarks

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Bangladesh

Very nice hostel

the location is great, 3 min walking to the parliament building and the staff is very friendly but my room was very dirty fill with dust.

Could not fault this hostel in any way; staying here only heightened our great experience in budapest. Thanks again x

The staff were very nice but it is a very small hostel with a tiny common area. There is very little security with just a 24hr reception and lockers in the rooms (no key otherwise). There was no proper luggage storage room either. Bathrooms were very poorly designed and got dirty very quickly. About a 20 min walk from the heart of town.

Thanks a lot for staying at our lovely hostel and also for your honest opinion. To be honest you just stayed here before the renovations. Our showers and toilets are completely new, and fuctionning well. About security we do think we can manage it with the followings: camera system, elecrtic entrance, codes to every door, 0-24 reception. key/lock to every single locker. Of course I accept your feedbacks but the experiences show the opposite: no thefts in our hostel. Cheers, HH Team

Awesome atmosphere! The dinners they offer really brought the group together to meet and get to know each other. Great staff, super helpful.

Really friendly hostel with a great atmosphere and a good location. Highly recommend.

Loved this place!

Great stay would happily go again

• 19th Mar 2015

I loved my staying there because of the facilities and the staff, who made everything possible to make us feel at home. Also the little details, like the lights and power sockets for each bed, the excellent wifi, the information about the city. Everything is done really well. The only problem is that the building where the hostel is located is not particularly good and not always is cleaned properly. But all the rest makes up for this, I would definitely stay there again.

Great location, can walk to alot of places. Easy to find. We stayed in the newer hostel which had one shower between two dorms (as far a I could see anyway). We booked in a 8 bed dorm and ended up in a 12 bed. Breakfast was basic (cereal, milk and toast).

The staff was amazing. The rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable and well designed.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Slovenia

I came exhausted and frustrated to the hostel and left it relaxed, refreshed and full of energy. It's lovely, clean and has a good laidback atmosphere. Staff are very polite and friendly and for this price you get a nice breakfast, very cosy lovely bed and everything you need: from clean towels to special assistance. And the location is great: 50 meters from the Parliament, on the shore of Danube, near to both metro's : 50 meters from red line and 5 min walking from the blue line.

• 18th Mar 2015