HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

This was a super-rad Hostel. though it was a bit out of the way of the main attractions, I wouldn't let that stop anyone from staying there. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.

The hostel is located at Jaszai Mari Ter, which can be reached quite easily by tram 2/4/6. The atmosphere and the staff are very friendly here, there are also wi-fi in the room, but not only in the reception area. And the price here are quite economical (breakfast is included!). The only issue is that the rooms are unlocked which may raise some concerns of the security. Luckily, they got lockers under the bed where at least I can put my stuffs inside.

The hostel was an overall nice experience, the beds were good bathrooms alright. But my main problem was most of the staff didn't seem to be excited about their job. When I was checked in I wasn't shown around I was just pointed to my room and so I knew nothing about breakfast, dinner ect. The staff also made no/little attempt to speak to you. Even when a knew member of staff started their shift they would just sit at the desk and watch tv shows, I would have at least like a hello!

The dinners, verbal overview of sites, and various recommendations come across as a refreshing effort of a staff doing their part to make sure we get the most out of the city. Location is not "central", but its not far from anything. They're short on showers, floors can get creaky.

Came back to this hostel because i knew what to expect. Great rooms, and common space. It's very social before 10 but quiets down when people go out for the night. Only real downside is that there is 1 male and 1 female toilet. Otherwise it's a great place, though a bit of a walk to the bars

Hard to describe exactly, but the atmosphere really was Homey! Very small hostel, but full to the brim of likeminded travellers. Amazing chill area, breakfast included and they even give you free dinner every few days!! Staff were AMAZING. Met a lot of awesome people. No locks on the room doors, or key cards, but you have a cubby with a lock. I felt completely safe there as a solo female traveler! Budapest is amazing in everyway.. go to the baths! And ruin bars!

Amazing atmosphere, but not with bed bugs on the place. Me and some friends had trouble for some days because of dermatological lesions and pruritus because of those bugs, unfortunately acquired in the hostel. Some furnishes made with recycled wood, which is not a trouble until you need to deeply clean them. Lockers aren't safe as well, made with the same material as the beds.

Great hostel with great people, would definitely stay here again

• 28th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

HomePlus is probably the best hostel I've stayed in. The staff are great there and so helpful and the atmosphere is the best. They cook you a free traditional Hungarian dinner like 3 times a week, it's the best way to meet everyone and so yummy!! I would definitely stay here again, it's so much fun and such a good vibe. It's also walking distance or a short tram ride from main attractions.

• 28th Oct 2014

Great location, lovely food, helpful and friendly staff, chilled out vibe, well worth the price . . . . Thanks for a great stay. Anthony

I went to this hostel during the autumn holidays and it was fantastic ! the staff was very friendly also the people who stayed there. There was free coffee and tea the whole day long and in the morning there was also breakfast. At tuesday I had also an hungarian dinner which was delicious :) If you choose to visit Budapest , choose definitely for this hostel !

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

This was an excellent hostel! I came here as a single traveler and immediately made plans with other people that I was staying with. This is a great place to stay with while visiting Budapest and you'll find that it is a wonderful city- And for a cheap price, at that!

Really enjoyed HomePlus! Two things to note... they do not take credit card so I had to pay for my stay in cash. Secondly, while the location is great for sightseeing (there is a tram stop right out the front and bus stops around the corner) the hostel is a 15-20 minute walk from the Old Jewish Quarter, which is where all the ruin pubs are. Other than those two things, my entire group loved our stay. The staff was awesome and the traditional Hungarian dinner was FANTASTIC. Would stay here again!

HomePlus Hostel has a great & friendly staff. When you stay there, you'll understand what i mean exactly. Hungarian dinner and Palinka were also great! It was like a big family dinner. :)

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Turkey

This hostel is very cosy, warm and friendly. It's not too loud but everyone chats to each other and it has a very homely vibe. Staff are friendly, rooms are clean yet the kitchen is quite small. Overall good value for money.

Loved this hostel! Stayed for 5 nights and was very pleased with it. Small but homey. Beds feel fairly private and the staff are extremely nice. Only issue was that one of our dorm mates was robbed by an idiot who was staying with us. Staff reacted quick and everything was solved quickly! Would recommend this hostel to anyone!

I absolutely loved this place! The name of the hostel says it all - from the very first moment I felt like home. I was supposed to stay for 3 nights but I stayed for a week. It's a small hostel so it's very easy to meet new people. Very good location, nice rooms, clean bathrooms, and a great common room. And of course the amazing staff who make this place so awesome! Definitely in my top 5.

The location was the best, very close to the Parliament and near a tram. Nice people and clean in general.

The hostel is close to the beautiful parliament building, and many other attractions are in walking distance. The Internet connection was fast and reliable, unlike most hostels. The staff are very friendly and helpful. For the price we paid it was really great, nothing to complain about.

One of my favorite hostels in the world! Such an awesome place. Great value for money. I met so many amazing people in the hostel. It also has a great location. The free breakfast and Turkish dinner was great! We stayed for three nights so we got the hostel for 7 euro for each night! We went on the pub crawl with Anton who was great! And we met a lot of awesome people on the pub crawl!