HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

Great hostel! Lovely and warm, great wifi, great lounge area and fantastic facilities for cooking (and free popcorn!)! Lovely place to stay and very helpful staff, would highly recommend!

The staff was very nice and helpful, and the general atmosphere of the hostel was very homely, indeed. The kitchen was a bit of a mess and there were few bathrooms (not so busy as expected, though), but besides that, the hostel and everyone in there really helped make our four days in Budapest a great trip.

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Spain

It is an amazing hostel to stay in because of it friendly atmosphere. The configuration of the hostel And the free diners are making it extremely easy to meet people. The staff is great! It was recommended to me by a friend And I can definitely recommended myself! :)

it was a very nice hostel .. really good staff and good food nice people, would stay here again

• 27th Jan 2014

We had a wonderful time and a very pleasant stay :-) There was only one night that even the staff was very loud. But I'd still go back to this hostel when I visit Budapest again!

• 21st Jan 2014

Easily the best Hostel I've stayed at whilst travelling Europe.

• 17th Jan 2014

It is not located at the very party heart of Budapest, but close enough (walking distance) to many attractions. The staff was super friendly and helpful, the rooms were spacious and clean and the beds were fairly large and comfortable. My only issue was with a couple who seemed to be getting too sexual pretty much every day. And they were loud too...

All logistics aside like, facilities(which all worked and were clean) or size(which was small but never cramped) this hostel is truly special because of the staff and atmosphere they have created. Every day I felt like there was a friend to talk to that could help me in any way. They were always open to hang out and show you awesome places around the city. I will always appreciate my time at Homeplus and all the new friends I made. It felt like family there.

• 14th Jan 2014

This is by far the best hostel I've stayed in, and the most enjoyable! The staff were absolutely lovely and it truly felt like a second home. I would definitely recommend HomePlus and would love to stay here again! Thanks for a great experience in Budapest!

HomePlus Hostel is so amazing don't even hesitate just book your stay here when in Budapest! Staff are warm and friendly, rooms are super clean, and the atmosphere was perfect for meeting people! Also, they have free dinner nights (yay free good food) and also pub crawls. What more can you ask for? :)

We loved it! It's quite a small hostel, which creates a very homely atmosphere. Sitting round the table during the free dinners was a fantastic way to meet other guests, and although the pub crawl is a bit expensive, it was heaps of fun and another great way to hang out with the others. The local staff were helpful, and the international volunteer staff were incredibly welcoming, making a real effort to get to know and have some fun with everyone. The rooms are spacious and clean. Stay here!

• 9th Jan 2014

Good kitchen. Good shower. Good mattress. Good pillows. Each bed has a locker and an switch plug. Excellent common area. I could say that in this hostel I enjoyed one of my best moments in my trips, thanks to the lovely staff! Thank you so much!

i had an amazing time, all the staff were super friendly and I really enjoyed the pubcrawl.

This is first time, when I tried to stay in this Hostel in Budapest. It was 2 days and I am very satisfied with all the stuff around. Perfect location, room has been very cleaned and the atmosfere were friendly from all the stuff and guests. I have to mention very friendly attitude of all the members in this hostel that have been very helpful with all information, which I have needed in Budapest as I have been visited this city first time. Thanks for your hospitality. I hope to come back again.

• 6th Jan 2014
  • Slovakia

best staff ever. they were super friendly and very helpful. In addition, they made a traditional Hungarian dinner with everybody in the hostel which was amazing. I loved. :)

Homeplus was a great place to stay. It's quite small and intimate and the staff is lovely. They do communal dinners a couple times a week which are a lot of fun. It's in a great location, near good restaurants, sights, and nightlife. The only tiny downside was in the morning when I showered there wasn't any hot water, but there was plenty when I showered at night and I didn't have to wait for a shower to become available.

• 4th Jan 2014

hostel was always nice and clean, with good facilities (practical and entertainment). And the staff were always super friendly and very helpful. Great time all around :)

Really friendly staff and a great hostel, was great staying at your place! One thing though: the drains of the showers were constantly clogged, but that's the only thing that wasn't perfect :)

• 28th Dec 2013

It was amazing, the staff was very nice, helpful and friendly, they made our trip even more interesting. Bedrooms were nice, with free lockers, also toilete and showers was always clean. It was not loud in hostel, so you could sleep when you wanted. A lot of facilities for free, I was suprised. I recommend you that hostel, it is really like at home!

LoOoOoved that place!! Extremely friendly and helpful staff, absolutely clean and secure, great ambiance aaand... did i mention the free dinners?? Definitely the place to stay when in Budapest- I myself will surely be back!!