HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

1907 Total Reviews

Awesome! hot and nice girls behind the desk, cool design and incredibly social place. My favourite hostel EVER! See u guyz next year!

• 8th Dec 2015

Dear Traveller, although the male members of the receptionist team feel a little excluded, thank you very much :) Come back soon, so we can drink a pálinka together :)

Amazing place! No better spot to chill out in Budapest. Staff was like friends, deeply appreciated their effort to make you feel comfy. DEFINITELY RECOMMEND!!!!

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Russia

Dear Traveller, thank you very much, comfy is the best thing after really hard sightseeing/partying ;-)

Nice large dorm rooms with a curtain on each individual bed. Good breakfast and free dinner!

Dear Traveller, thank you for this great review, it means a lot that you were satisfied with your stay.

Best hostel I've stayed in so far!

• 19th Nov 2015

Dear Traveller, can we use your review in our PR campaign?! ;-) but seriously, thanks a lot, you made my day :)

this hostel was pretty much perfect! great location.... nice and friendly staff..... cheap price. good place to meet other travellers and go out for a pub crawl. enjoyed my stay so much that I extended two extra night. :)

Dear Traveller, thank you, we love our extending guests :) you know, in case of Budapest more is more ;-) See you next summer? we are the closest hostel to Sziget festival... just saying....

I have been to 3 -4 hostel already, this is by far the hostel that i felt like home the most, not a very big hostel, i feel like all people is my family. The staffs are friendly and helpful, the tram line along the river is just outside the hostel, like less than 1 min walk, very convenient to get to those free walking tour gather point. 5 mins walk to mini market, 7 mins to supermarket. Super value for money!

Dear Traveller, we often feel that our guests and volunteer our family, too. The sad part only that people are always leaving. But your family in BP always waits you back :)

Januárban is jövök! :D Üdv

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Hungary

Kedves Vendégünk, Januárban is szeretettel várjuk :)

Great hostel with great value for money. A little far away from main attractions, such as Chain Brigde and Pest downtown, but extremely close to the Parliament. Not a big worry, as a walk by the Danube is always pleasant. Curtains on beds and individual power points are excellent.

Dear Traveller, Thank you for the nice review, and yes, we are 20 minutes walk from the chain bridge, but at least, you can immerse yourself into the view of the castle hill and try one of the small cute coffee houses on the way. Just ask your receptionist before, so you will know every secret locals only tips and tricks ;-)

We feel ourselves very well all ok, cleanliness, staff, free dinners, the free breakfasts, a family atmosphere, calm and Recreation Facilities the music is impeccable !!!! relaxation places :-) All all very good :-) thanks to everyone who contributed in works Was very good and very beautiful 5 days

• 9th Nov 2015
  • Hungary

Dear Traveller, Thank you very much, reviews like yours motivate us to maintain a high quality service day by day. It was our pleasure to have you here, hope to see you soon.

Great location, great staff, great activities that help travelers to meet, what is really important specially if you are traveling alone!!

Dear Traveller, Thank you very much, we try to make our guests to feel relaxed at our hostel, and one of our secret goals behind our free dinners that this way the people around can get to know each other ;-)

Nice hostel close to parliament. Everything is basically within walking distance, but there are also two tram stops near the hostel. Very friendly, young staff, and it was very clean! A simple breakfast is included (cereal, toast, coffee, tea etc.) and they organise free dinners on regular days. Also, you can join their daily pubcrawl! I didn't do that but it seemed fun. All in all a very nice hostel, would go there again! :)

• 4th Nov 2015

Dear Traveller, we would host you again ;-) See you this summer!

The hostel is only a 10 minute walk away from all the bars and restaurants. The rooms are very spacious, very clean and comfortable, but it is the staff that makes the big difference. I highly recommend this hostel. Thanks for the great service!

• 2nd Nov 2015
  • Japan

Dear Traveller, Thank you very much, especially for the nice words for the staff. It means a lot to us, working class heroes ;-)

The worst part about this hostel was that the Staff were not knowledgeable at all, we asked where to eat and the girl said she didn't know, we asked about trains and buses and they didn't know, we were not given the codes to get into the building when we checked in either. About 30minute walk to town-not 10 as it says on hostel world. Laundry cost more than the price of our room for a night. Atmosphere was lore like frat house than a hostel. Beds were comfy though and wifi was strong.

Hey Rebecca! First of all thanks a lot for choosing us as your stay of holiday. We deeply sorry you didn't feel comfy with our staff. Since our 3 year running always our staff had the best feedbacks in customer reviews. Due to personal issues our collegue had bad days during that actual week. I would say HomePlus is half an hour walk from city centre, it depends what you consider as centre I would say Parliament or Basilica are quite much about it :) Hope we can see you again! HH Team

Had a fantastic stay and loved the staff at the hostel. They were so friendly, great fun to hang out with and full of useful information about the city. Would definitely stay there again. :)

• 28th Oct 2015

The hostel was awesome! Loved the staff and location. The beds had curtains, which was nice for privacy because the rooms were so big.

The staff was new and inexperienced.Every day was there someone new,and most them were working there less than a week. How that possible? We asked for a room with private bathroom and got only a shower with no toilet. The toilet is between the entrance and thecounter.the shower couldn't drain, so I had to clean it myself. They held my passport and didn't give it back,so I had lots of trouble. I forgot about it because we were desperate to get our luggage back because they couldn't find the keys

HomePlus is awesome, had a fantastic time. Very social and fun environment, made some good friends the moment I walked in. Great for seeing the sights and the popular ruin bars are only a short walk away. Free Breakfast and dinner certain nights is a bonus! Lilla the manager is fantastic, very kind and eager to help with whatever you need. The Latvian (Russian) and Czech volunteers made the stay a lot more fun as well, Only small complaint was the Wifi, worked fine but wasn't great.

I had a great time at the Homeplus Hostel last week. The hostel itself wasn't difficult to find from the city center and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. It was big enough that there were a number of other people staying there but not so big that it was hard to meet them. Twice while I was there one of the staff made a traditional Hungarian dish for dinner for everyone. The room was a little drafty though and half of the room was in the middle of construction which was kind of annoying

Nice area, good and helpful satff but not so clean though. Other former guest s mess wasn´t removed from the dorm during our whole stay. Other than that it is an ok place.

Really good, amazing hostel