HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

Great stay would happily go again

• 19th Mar 2015

I loved my staying there because of the facilities and the staff, who made everything possible to make us feel at home. Also the little details, like the lights and power sockets for each bed, the excellent wifi, the information about the city. Everything is done really well. The only problem is that the building where the hostel is located is not particularly good and not always is cleaned properly. But all the rest makes up for this, I would definitely stay there again.

Great location, can walk to alot of places. Easy to find. We stayed in the newer hostel which had one shower between two dorms (as far a I could see anyway). We booked in a 8 bed dorm and ended up in a 12 bed. Breakfast was basic (cereal, milk and toast).

The staff was amazing. The rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable and well designed.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Slovenia

I came exhausted and frustrated to the hostel and left it relaxed, refreshed and full of energy. It's lovely, clean and has a good laidback atmosphere. Staff are very polite and friendly and for this price you get a nice breakfast, very cosy lovely bed and everything you need: from clean towels to special assistance. And the location is great: 50 meters from the Parliament, on the shore of Danube, near to both metro's : 50 meters from red line and 5 min walking from the blue line.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Croatia

Beds very hard and uncomfortable

• 15th Mar 2015

Very basic hostel. It was a good price and seemed to have a good community feel. The rooms were clean. However, there's only 1 bathroom for each gender (an issue when there was a girl vomiting in the bathroom when we were trying to get ready for bed) and can be noisy since the breakfast area is right outside of the bedrooms. The staff was friendly, but seemed a little disorganized.

The staff was great, they answered all of my many, many questions and were always very nice. There was no bar and some other facilities that they claim to have, but I didn't mind it. The kitchen is great and you can also meet people there. The only problem for me was that the floor was really dirty and the bathrooms were always wet and mudy. But other than that, I had a great time there.

We are always happy to help you. We have cleaning EVERY single day. Maybe you have seen the area before the cleaning staff has arrived. We hope you come back soon, Best wishes, HomePlus Team

I had such a great stay, I didn't want to leave! The Hungarian food in the evening was a nice touch and the staff were very helpful with things like booking the baths for us and recommending what to do in the city, they were also very friendly. The kitchen isn't very big, but it wasn't a problem for me as there are plenty of cheap places you can eat out. Nice, comfy communal area.

It was nice to meet you! We enjoyed the dinner and the free shot and of course the talks with you! We hope you come back as soon as you have the opportunity. You know you always welcome here. Best wishes Homeplus Team

If you are looking for a smaller hostel and one that is not a huge party one like the others in the area, this is the place for you!! Most of the staff were very helpful and fun. The pub crawl was great and the free dinner was delicious. I could do without the Palinka, but that's a matter of taste. I enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and the proximity to the tram. I would definitely stay here again.

I have been traveling throughout Europe and Home Plus Hostel was definitely one of the best place I have stayed so far. It is perfect for solo travelers because the staff is friendly and helpful to find the most authentic places in the city where you can meet other backpackers or friendly locals. I enjoyed the home made dinner and pub crawl was cool because we had a huge group from other hostels and we visited ruin bars where local people also go out. All in all, the place is chill and clean.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Mexico

We thanks for your kind feedback. It was really nice to meet you. We await your next travel here to Budapest! Till then we wish you the BEST. Take care, HomePLUS Team

Gréât hostel! Thé staff was super Nice. Thé breakfast Is really Good and once in a while they make tipical hungarian dinner for everybody. Homely atmosphère. Totally recomend.

Thanks your lovely feedback! Let us know if you would like to visit Budapest again! Best wishes, HomePlus Team

The staff here was amazing and our stay in Budapest wouldn't have been nearly as fun if it wasn't for Homeplus! Their community dinner was so much fun and the pub crawl was the highlight of our trip. We got awesome recommendations for food and sights to see, and it was so convenient to be able to buy tickets for a bathhouse from the hostel front desk. I highly recommend staying here!

Thanks for your compliments! We hope we will see you as soon as possible! Best wishes! HomePlus Team

This hostel was awesome! It was our first time staying at a hostel, and now we have very high standards wherever we go! The staff is extremely nice, and they have awesome connections throughout the city, including a great pub crawl. The rooms and beds are clean (and comfy), and it's a very warm, cozy environment. The location is great, and it's easy to get around!

I feel sorry that you were sick during your stay. I hope those mugs of teas could help you. It was nice to meet you as well. I hope you come back, dont forget to get in touch on facebook in that case. Best wishes, "S" and the Homeplus Team :)

Other than the incredibly helpful and friendly staff, this was a very average hostel. Security could have been a lot better since their 'luggage storage' just meant that you could leave your bags in the common area and our room had a vintage style key, so it would be really easy to get into the room if someone wanted to. The location is ok, it is super close to a lot of restaurants but it's a fairly long walk to any touristy sites and a lot of the ruin bars.

Our door has a code to keep unwanted people outside. The 24/7 reception also helps to secure your belongings. We have so many lockers with locks in case you checked in and it is only a habit that we recommend to leave your luggages around if you already checked out but still want to walk around. We happy that you got the best caring from our staff. We also hope that you could try our free dinners In case you come back to BP let us know Regards H+ Team

The hostel is very very good! It was like staying in a friend's house. The location is very good and the staff is very kind and friendly. Clean rooms, hot showers and no noise after 22hr. Good atmosphere to meet people and quiet to rest. I highly recommend it! Thanks for the great stay in Budapest !!

Thanks for your comliments. We always try to give you the best. We also hope you come back soon to Budapest. Best wishes, HomePlus Team

Very good hostel. While I was there the door was broken which meant anyone from the building could enter the hostel and despite telling me there would be someone at the reception 24hrs one night there wasn't. The doors to the dorms didn't have locks. Toilets were clean but smelt bad. Location was OK.

Yes we had a broken door which we repaired next day! We have cameras at the entrance to secure your stay. We are happy to give you locks at the reception. Our cleaning staff comes every day to give you the best quality of cleanliness to make our hostel your second home. Of course after someone used the toilet it can be smelly that is why we placed air freshers in the bathrooms. Thanks for your understanding. Best wishes, HomePlusTeam

Fantastic stay - felt very very welcome and as if nothing was too much trouble. Great vibe, good people, perfect location. Would definitely recommend and if I return to Budapest will definitely stay again!

It was nice spending time with you! We feel happy that you felt the amazing vibe during your stay! We await seeing you soon! Best wishes! HomePlusTeam

I had awesome fun while staying here. Staff were really awesome, and give you lots of suggestions at check-in. Nice location right on the river and near the island but a little far away if you wanting to be going out in the Jewish District! Kitchen isn't really equipped/large enough for cooking your own food, but the home made dinners make up for it :)

Thanks for mentioning our free dinners. We hope you also tried the free shot of "palinka". We would like to provide you with useful tips and advices about the city. If you come back dont forget to try our pubcrawl as well to discover the best ruin pubs all over in the city. Be safe, HomePlus team

AMAZING hostel, Homeplus thank you! i will definitely come back and recommend this place to everyone!!

• 12th Feb 2015

Dear Gannaro, Thanks for your stay. We await your earliest reply and we also feel happy that you loved your time here with us in Budapest. :)