HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

The staffs are great, actually they don`t look like staffs, they look like friends,

• 23rd Dec 2014

Adorable fellows, clean rooms, good location (close to the really nice city center)! Give it a try!

• 21st Dec 2014

Very friendly Atmosphere. Very recommendable :)

The hostel is located right by the river but is very close to all the public transports. Getting anywhere is very easy. The hostel is as the name suggests, a home plus hostel. The free breakfast was nice and the Hungarian dinner every alternate night was great. Very clean and comfortable place. I'd definitely recommend for a relaxing peaceful stay.

The hostel is terrible. It is very dirty and noisy! There was not a bar or a place for talking, so everybody do it in living room and as all the bedrooms are next to it, the noisy is really loud. It was impossible to sleep because people dont respect silence time. I would definetly not stay there anymore and dont recommend it.

I have no complaints about HomePlus Budapest. The rooms were spacious, the bunks were sturdy, the locker space was huge, and the hostel was small enough that it felt very homey. Free 'family' dinners three nights a week were a nice touch and a good way to get to know people.

This hostel is absolutely fantastic! The staff is amazing, they create a homely vibe. They cook Hungarian food some days, it's so delicious!! And all the guests hang out together, we played Nintendo Wii, and made mulled wine together : ) It's clean and comfortable, I recommend it to everyone visiting Budapest!!!

• 13th Dec 2014

The best hostel I've ever stayed in! Very homey, great staff, people and everything!

The staff of this place is simply amazing, super friendly and welcoming and they make you feel like at home, I had a great time getting to know everyone of them. They showed me great tips on where to go and eat. Hostel is small so meeting people at breakfast or on the free hungarian dinners is really easy. The only downside I'd say are the one toilet per gender, and the blanquets were a little bit unconfortable to me. Overall great place to stay and I would definetly come back again.

Great atmosphere - the staff is very friendly and helpful! You fell as if you were at home; seems like a shared apartment - really nice for young travelers. The location, next to the Parlament, is excellent! (free brekfast =) )

Very good and friendly place to stay

I really liked this hostel. The location was good and the staff were very friendly and helpful. They all knew what it was like to come to Budapest. The only downfall is a severe lack of showers and toilets. However, the atmosphere is really nice and the dinner was really good. The scottish guy and the mexican girl make you feel really welcome. Overall, two thumbs up.

Fantastic hostel!! The included breakfast and occasional traditional Hungarian dinners were amazing. They provided more than enough delicious food and helped us save a lot of money. The staff were incredibly helpful and fun. Great rooms, bathroom facilities and common area. Felt more like being at home then being in a hostel! Will definitely return on my next trip to Budapest.

This hostel is close to one of the train stations, but a bit farther from the nightlife. But a team is close. The staff are really friendly and helpful. However, there's only 2 toilets and hence they aren't always the cleanest.

The best hostel Ive ever visited! Nice food and staffs Everything was perfect!

Best hostel I've ever been. The staff is really nice and make you feel home. Nothing to complain.

Hi, that's lovely to read : ) Thanks for this nice comment and for your stay with us in Budapest! Enjoy your travels, and visit us if you're around! Best, H+H staff

I loved my stay at Homeplus. Great athmosphere. The staff is friendly, welcoming. They organize programs if you want to socialize, but you also can just rest after a long sightseeing day, if that's what you need. The location is excellent, very central, and it's right at the waterfront of Danube.

Hi, thanks for the nice words! You're always welcome here : ) Take care, H+H team

This was my first hostel experience and it was fantastic. They did a great job of making everyone feel welcome. They make a big dinner for everybody a few times a week and it's a great way to meet new people from all over the world. Make sure you do the Pub Crawl too!

• 21st Nov 2014

Hey, it's great to hear you had a good time with us! We're happy that we could introduce you to the world of hostels : ) And thanks for joining us in the PubCrawl - that was a fun night!! : ) Wish you all the best, The HomePlus team

Excellent location near transport, really friendly and helpful staff. Was not the cleanest of places, but good value for the money you pay for. Would recommend to my friends. Thank you :)

Hello, thanks : ) See you soon! Best, H+H staff

We really enjoyed HomePlus. They were so helpful with any questions we had and provided many things we should see and do. Bed mattresses and pillows were THIN. Toilets were close to common area so it was a little bit awkward maybe install a fan. Breakfast included is nice and although we missed the free dinner, it is a great addition. Didn't like the follow up email from the hostel asking me to give them a 100% rating on hostel world. Would definitely stay here again though!