HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

the location is great, 3 min walking to the parliament building and the staff is very friendly but my room was very dirty fill with dust.

Could not fault this hostel in any way; staying here only heightened our great experience in budapest. Thanks again x

The staff were very nice but it is a very small hostel with a tiny common area. There is very little security with just a 24hr reception and lockers in the rooms (no key otherwise). There was no proper luggage storage room either. Bathrooms were very poorly designed and got dirty very quickly. About a 20 min walk from the heart of town.

Thanks a lot for staying at our lovely hostel and also for your honest opinion. To be honest you just stayed here before the renovations. Our showers and toilets are completely new, and fuctionning well. About security we do think we can manage it with the followings: camera system, elecrtic entrance, codes to every door, 0-24 reception. key/lock to every single locker. Of course I accept your feedbacks but the experiences show the opposite: no thefts in our hostel. Cheers, HH Team

Awesome atmosphere! The dinners they offer really brought the group together to meet and get to know each other. Great staff, super helpful.

Really friendly hostel with a great atmosphere and a good location. Highly recommend.

Loved this place!

Great stay would happily go again

• 19th Mar 2015

I loved my staying there because of the facilities and the staff, who made everything possible to make us feel at home. Also the little details, like the lights and power sockets for each bed, the excellent wifi, the information about the city. Everything is done really well. The only problem is that the building where the hostel is located is not particularly good and not always is cleaned properly. But all the rest makes up for this, I would definitely stay there again.

Great location, can walk to alot of places. Easy to find. We stayed in the newer hostel which had one shower between two dorms (as far a I could see anyway). We booked in a 8 bed dorm and ended up in a 12 bed. Breakfast was basic (cereal, milk and toast).

The staff was amazing. The rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable and well designed.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Slovenia

I came exhausted and frustrated to the hostel and left it relaxed, refreshed and full of energy. It's lovely, clean and has a good laidback atmosphere. Staff are very polite and friendly and for this price you get a nice breakfast, very cosy lovely bed and everything you need: from clean towels to special assistance. And the location is great: 50 meters from the Parliament, on the shore of Danube, near to both metro's : 50 meters from red line and 5 min walking from the blue line.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Croatia

Beds very hard and uncomfortable

• 15th Mar 2015

Very basic hostel. It was a good price and seemed to have a good community feel. The rooms were clean. However, there's only 1 bathroom for each gender (an issue when there was a girl vomiting in the bathroom when we were trying to get ready for bed) and can be noisy since the breakfast area is right outside of the bedrooms. The staff was friendly, but seemed a little disorganized.

The staff was great, they answered all of my many, many questions and were always very nice. There was no bar and some other facilities that they claim to have, but I didn't mind it. The kitchen is great and you can also meet people there. The only problem for me was that the floor was really dirty and the bathrooms were always wet and mudy. But other than that, I had a great time there.

We are always happy to help you. We have cleaning EVERY single day. Maybe you have seen the area before the cleaning staff has arrived. We hope you come back soon, Best wishes, HomePlus Team

I had such a great stay, I didn't want to leave! The Hungarian food in the evening was a nice touch and the staff were very helpful with things like booking the baths for us and recommending what to do in the city, they were also very friendly. The kitchen isn't very big, but it wasn't a problem for me as there are plenty of cheap places you can eat out. Nice, comfy communal area.

It was nice to meet you! We enjoyed the dinner and the free shot and of course the talks with you! We hope you come back as soon as you have the opportunity. You know you always welcome here. Best wishes Homeplus Team

If you are looking for a smaller hostel and one that is not a huge party one like the others in the area, this is the place for you!! Most of the staff were very helpful and fun. The pub crawl was great and the free dinner was delicious. I could do without the Palinka, but that's a matter of taste. I enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and the proximity to the tram. I would definitely stay here again.

I have been traveling throughout Europe and Home Plus Hostel was definitely one of the best place I have stayed so far. It is perfect for solo travelers because the staff is friendly and helpful to find the most authentic places in the city where you can meet other backpackers or friendly locals. I enjoyed the home made dinner and pub crawl was cool because we had a huge group from other hostels and we visited ruin bars where local people also go out. All in all, the place is chill and clean.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Mexico

We thanks for your kind feedback. It was really nice to meet you. We await your next travel here to Budapest! Till then we wish you the BEST. Take care, HomePLUS Team

Gréât hostel! Thé staff was super Nice. Thé breakfast Is really Good and once in a while they make tipical hungarian dinner for everybody. Homely atmosphère. Totally recomend.

Thanks your lovely feedback! Let us know if you would like to visit Budapest again! Best wishes, HomePlus Team

The staff here was amazing and our stay in Budapest wouldn't have been nearly as fun if it wasn't for Homeplus! Their community dinner was so much fun and the pub crawl was the highlight of our trip. We got awesome recommendations for food and sights to see, and it was so convenient to be able to buy tickets for a bathhouse from the hostel front desk. I highly recommend staying here!

Thanks for your compliments! We hope we will see you as soon as possible! Best wishes! HomePlus Team

+Nice spot, friendly enough staff and very much enjoyed the Hungarian dinner they made. -The kitchen is about the size of a closet. -11pm quiet time was not really enforced which is slightly annoying as it is a pretty small place. Note: I noted excellent on the location because I personally loved it (a block from the river), and it allowed us to see more of Budapest than when we stayed in another hostel downtown. It's not at the nightlife's doorstep though.