HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

Loved this hostel! As far as hostels go, this one is especially great because your bed area is like a mini room - you've got a locker, a cubby, and a curtain to pull for when you want to sleep. I was in one of the extension buildings and loved the staff - Estie (Sorry if I misspelled it!) and Greg were very kind, sweet, funny, and helpful! Also, the traditional Hungarian dinner was delicious! The only problem I had was that the frame of my bed (I was a top bunk) was really squeaky.

• 28th May 2015

Great hostel. Really convienant location, super friendly staff, and good rooms that offer more privacy than normal for a hostel. Would definitely book them again in the future.

• 28th May 2015

I turned on the shower to let it warm up, got undressed and checked the water again, it was just barely lukewarm. I waited another minute or two and gave up when the temperature didn't increase. I went to the other double shower room. The first one was full of water that couldn't get through the clogged drain. I checked the second, it was clear and had hot water, rejoice! Unfortunately, that drain was clogged so I had to lather w/o water. Also, please install hooks in the bathrooms!

Hostel looks hastily thrown together. Two toilets for the whole hostel is not enough. Kitchen is very small, but usable. Staff was friendly and location was good.

Excellent value for money. Homeplus has everything you need from a hostel: clean, cheap, friendly, knowledgeable staff and amazing location. As well as a simple breakfast there is even a Hungarian dinner thrown in twice a week. I would use them again if I go back to Budapest.

We had a great time at HomePlus Hostel, the staff was super friendly and helpful! It was nice knowing that there was someone at the front desk 24/7. We loved the atmosphere, location, and free breakfast, wifi, and extra towels. HomePlus Hostel is a great place!

• 24th May 2015

Homeplus hostel was great! Location is good, and great recommendations on the places to visit by the staff. Had an awesome time with the other travelers as well as people managing the hostel. Plus free dinners on selected nights! Definitely coming back when I go to Budapest again!

• 22nd May 2015
  • Singapore

For the most part the staff were all very helpful. I wasn't a huge fan the way the breakfast was set up. The only huge thing that I wish someone would have done something about was ensuring quiet hours. Theres even a sign in the kitchen saying please be quiet after 22:00 because its not a party hostel, yet people were playing music and chatting til 12/1 in the morning .....I wish the staff would've asked people to keep it down more especially when people came back from the pub crawls.

This is a great hostel, with a nice location walking distance from parliament and other sights. Definitely a great option for Budapest!

I've been back packing for three months and this is one of my favorite hostels so far. Intimate homey hostel perfect for meeting other travelers. The place is big enough to accommodate large groups but small enough for everyone to get to know each other. While I was there everyone pretty much stuck together and went out to see the city and party. The staff is great and they're always smiling and willing to suggest something to do. Family dinner is the best and saves so much money as a traveler!

Good atmosphere and great staff !

Awesome location. Staff was so friendly and helpful. Very homey vibe! Would definitely come back!

Very warm and welcoming hostel. The staff members were SO helpful during my stay. If you're looking for a nice, homey, quiet and personable hostel to stay in while in Budapest, this is the one!

The location was ok, buses and trams real close. I stayed in one of 3 bldgs they own so if i wanted breakfast that meant getting dressed to go walk there, that I didn't care for. The staff were very helpful all the time.

I had two good nights at the HomePlus Hostel I was situated very close to the original hostel in the other facility, where was even space to park my bycicle in the kitchen. Very nice hostel, cool idea to build an alcove above the other rooms to gain some space. There were free towels and free breakfast (coffee, cereals, bread, jam...)

This place is gold! It's quaint size allows for an intimate experience with the city and makes it easy to meet other travelers. It conveys the easy-going, upbeat mentality of the people of Budapest. Would highly recommend staying here.

I made a lot of friends there, the hostel have a great atmosphere, it's in a good location, it's clean, with very good beds, individual lockers for your luggage and sockets for your electronic devices. I enjoyed a lot the typical Hungarian dishes that the Chef do three times/week (Szilvásgombóc -- hope I say it correctly this time--(plum dumplings), Túrós Csusza (Pasta with Cottage Cheese) and even offer the traditional Pálinka!

Awesome hostel! Friendly staff that helped us figure out how to catch an early bus out of Budapest, atmosphere was perfect for meeting people with a central common room, free breakfast everyday with coffee, cereal and toast, places to lock your luggage underneath the bunks, lights and outlets by every bed and working wifi. Thanks, HomePlus!

I was traveling solo as a girl and placed in the building around the corner from the main one and did not have a room, had a lofted area that had no door just a curtain. The door to the hostel was left unlocked a lot and I didn't feel completely secure. It also sucked having to walk alone late at night back to my building down a dark street bc all my friends were in the main building. BUT it was very social and I met so many cool people, especially at the family dinners at the hostel.

The hostel was a really good hostel in terms of beds. Each one has it's own light and outlet, which in a room with 10 people is really impressive. They also use curtains to give people more privacy on their own beds and there are dividers between bunks, like a little cocoon. The breakfast was just ok, toast and cereal, but it got the job done. The location is good but the stupid tram runs until pretty late right past the windows and it's pretty loud.