HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

1906 Total Reviews

I had a good stay here. The free dinner on certain nights and breakfast in the mornings is an advantage. Despite the common area supposedly closing early there was still a lot of noise throughout the night, however this is to be expected in such a small hostel. The staff were very helpful and were happy to organise spa tickets etc. The room I got didn't look as good as the newer ones with the wooden beds and the bed was VERY squeaky!

Very nice and pleasant hostel! very friendly staff! it is a very quiet hostel and by 10pm almost everybody is already asleep.

Dear Traveller! We are happy that you liked your stay at us :) Next time if you want to have some noise, try out one of our dinners or join our own pub crawl ;-)

I loved the stay at Home Plus Hostel. Apart from the location, which was a bit far away from downtown (but nevertheless close to the train station), it was a welcoming, cozy environment and I loved staying there. The staff were friendly and helpful, too. Next time I'm in Budapest no doubt I'll be staying there again!

• 9th Oct 2015
  • South Korea

Dear Traveller! Thank you very much for choosing us. We are glad that you had such a nice experience at our hostel :) We are waiting you back!

Stayed for 4 nights staff were super helpful and involved. the free dinner nights were good too

Great location, loads of freebies (incl. dinner occasionally!) and the mattresses are amazing I'd definitely stay again!

• 5th Oct 2015

Dear Traveller, you are right, we invite everybody who stays in the hostel to a true Hungarian dinner every Tueasday, Thursday and Wednesday. Looking forward to meet you again :)

Amazing place ! I was alone but there I met a lot of people very friendly, the personnel are very nice and helpfull ! The localisation is so good and I am very happy for Home Pluss Hostel ! Thank you and of course I recommande to every body !

• 4th Oct 2015

Dear Traveller, first are all, you are more than welcome :) Secondly, you made us very happy with your review and we are looking forward to see you back and also meet your friends ;-)

Great place!!! we had a really nice stay at HomePlus and the people at the reception made us feel really welcomed. I would like it to be closer to the Ruin Bar's area, but not everything is possible. However the location is really convenient to visit the Parlament, Margaret Island and Buda.

Dear Traveller, it was nice having you here, come back soon :)

Everything was perfect The hostel was a little bit messy but it was because of the travellers, not because of the staff :)

• 27th Sep 2015
  • Argentina

This place had everything. nice big beds, really nice staff and really help you have a great time. The rates are cheap and the location is convenient to visit tourist places. All in all a definite place to stay in Budapest for solo or a group of travellers.

• 26th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Never been to a more social hostel than Homeplus hostel! absolutely recommend it!!

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Spain

I had an awesome experience at the hostel! Great people and a great atmosphere!!! I can't wait to go back! The location is perfect for anyone traveling and it is really close to all the best sights!!! I loved it as it is so close to the Hungarian parliament building and at night I took some great photos of the buildings as all the lights go on at night! I would recommend this hostel to any traveler.

Awesome stay with HomePlus!! I stayed here for 3 nights, and was a solo traveler. Staff were so helpful and knowledgeable about tourist sites, easy ways to get around and providing tickets. The home cook dinners were excellent and also provided a cool opportunity to meet other travelers. It is close to everything!! Seriously like a 5 minute walk to Parliament and major tram stops to get over into Buda. A quieter hostel for what I was looking for. The wine bar beside the hostel is an added bonus!

Absolutely loved my stay here! Best crowd of people. Great location. Clean hostel, good showers, comfy beds, plenty for breakfast, homemade dinners 3 days a week. 100% recommend this hostel (and the boat party on Mondays/Fridays)

Dear Traveller, Thank you very much for your kind words, comments like your motivate us to keep up the work we are doing :) Hope to see you back soon :)

Incredibly helpful staff and great atmosphere. This was aided by the group breakfasts and alternate evening meals, provided for free which was a lovely surprise. Other than a lack of showering facilities in relation to how many people the hostel could hold, I would definitely recommend it to other travellers.

• 14th Sep 2015

This hostel was AMAZING!! Curtains on the bed for privacy, lockers and little bed side tabled attached to the end of the bed, personal plugs and lights, FANTASTIC STAFF!! The staff were so friendly and helpful. They made dinner for us a couple of times which was great and it created a great social environment. Highly recommend the boat tour. The place was very clean, they gave towels and had soap to use in the showers (they even had hair spray). Favourite hostel ever.

I only stayed here for one night so it is difficult to accurately review everything but there was certainly nothing dissatisfa ctory about my brief stay and as a lone traveler it seemed like and excellent place to meet people and really encouraged the social side of hostel living. I would recommend a larger sign outside the building to alert people of where it is as if i hadnt bumped into people going there i dont think i would have found it very easily.

Dear Traveller, thank you for your kind words and your thoughtful review. Come back soon, stay for a little longer and join us at one of the Hungarian dinners ;-)

Staff aren't great. Tried paying 3 days in a row only to be told we don't have change or the eftpos machine can only be used after 9am and no latter than 6 or 7pm. When I asked about points of interest or bars etc the guys either didn't have a clue or not interested in helping. The accomdation is pretty clean and each bed has its own curtain and lock box/wooden tool box for valuables. They do have a cooked dinner every 2nd night which was pretty good.

Dear Traveller, we were very surprised when we read your review - usually we are quite proud of all the kind words we get from our guests about our staff. We will definitely have an internal discussion about what must have happened, so we can further improve our service to our future guests :)

A very good hostel. Comfortable and well run. Great breakfast included. Good atmosphere.

Dear Traveller, Thank you very much, come back soon :)

Simply the best hostel I have ever stayed! The dormitories provided me such a privacy I was not expecting. They covered the bed sides with plywood so you feel like you're in a little cabine. Very ingenious! If I was to say something that could be improved, I'd say the blankets could be a bit thicker. Budapest was surprisingly cold at night and this improvement will make the hostel even cosier. Breakfast was superb as well! You nailed it guys!

Great atmosphere, feels like a community.

Dear Traveller, thank you for your kind words, that is exactly our goal - to be your home while you are on the road ;-)