HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

this is a great hostel. the location is perfect to get to everyone you want just walking, The breaksfast is nice and the free dinners are just perfect specially to get to know some of the local food. Staff is really nice and are always available to give you some tips.

Muito obrigado! Hope you enjoyed your travels : ) The HomePlus team

This is a hostel with a soul!! Smiling staff behind the reception, lovely owners, delicious dinners and breakfasts. Stayed in private room which was way too cool and well designed! Highly recommended hostel!

• 25th Sep 2014

Hello, thanks for the nice words. Hope you enjoyed the ruin bars too! : ) See you soon, The HomePlus Staff & Owners

BEST HOSTEL DURING MY TRIP!! Was in a perfect location for my needs, close to sites of interest and transport links to get around the city. The staff are super welcoming and helpful, providing some nice things for breakfast, dinners,and with sch extra facilities like tea, coffee, guitar or pub crawls!! The hostel itself has everything you'd expect for a memorable stay. Looking forward my next trip to Hungary, I will definitely stay in homeplus hostel!! See you later and much love to Shari!!

Hey, thanks a lot! Hope to see you again in Budapest soon! Much love from Shari and the staff here in HomePlus : )

Really fresh and clean place, would definitely recommend my friends to stay at this hostel if they're ever in Budapest. :)

• 24th Sep 2014

Hey, thanks! We're looking forward to hosting you and your friends in Budapest : ) The H+H team

Best hostel I stayed at in Europe. Such a great atmosphere and staff are really friendly.

• 20th Sep 2014

I had an awesme time here, amd totally recommend it for solo travelers. The staff are so fun and helpful. Dinner was good so was breakfast. Hangout room was cozy.

Hey, Thank you : ) We had an awesome time hosting you too! You're always welcome here! The HomePlus Crew

Great hostel. Loved the common area space. Staff was great - they checked me in at 6am since there was a free bed available and were all really friendly and helpful. I was there for the free dinner night so everyone at the hostel was gathered together which was nice. Probably could be hard to get a shower if it was full but I didn't have trouble. Kitchen is pretty small but they provide free breakfast and dinner 3x a week for free. Good location, close to a metro stop and trams.

Hello, Thanks so much for all these nice words! We're looking forward to having you at our dinner table again : ) The HomePlus Crew

I stayed in the HomePlus Hostel last week and I can honestly say it is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in; all down to the people I met in the hostel and staff! The staff were all amazing, they couldn't do enough in terms of making our stay perfect by giving us info about the city. There were many chillings out rooms in the hostel, and the free breakfast and Hungarian dinner were both great. If I go back to Budapest I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else! Highly recommend!

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Armenia

Hello, Thanks, it's good to hear from you! Hope to see you back in HomePlus during winter, it's so lovely here when it's all white : ) All the best, The H+H Team

It is a very cool place. I would come back ASAP :) Wifi works everywhere, free late breakfast, towels. Huge lockers, comfortable beds. And the staff! They are the most friendly, work maniac crew I've ever seen :)

• 15th Sep 2014

Grazie Bella! : ) We have the best job in the world, with guests so nice as you! All the best! The HomePlus Team

This is a fantastic hostel for travelling solo or if looking to interact with other travelers - it has a great community atmosphere with a really relaxed, social approach. I will definitely be back!

Hey, Thanks so much! We'll be here waiting for you, keeping up the atmosphere : ) Take care, The HomePlus Team

All would be excellent if it wasn't for the British guys. The British guys think that they are still in England. They cannot adapt to the nature of Budapest. They police hallways and make people very uncomfortable. Also, they do not provide the most important information that visitors need to know. I personally had to orient most of the people because they see Budapest as the cities in Scotland and Wales that they live in. So, to increase clientele, hire other Hungarians/traveled people.

• 10th Sep 2014

We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad time with us! Our guest book is full of nice comments about our volunteers from Wales and Scotland, because they are as polite and helpful to all our guests as our Hungarian staff members. They didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable when they kindly asked you to not sing too loud under the shower at 2 am, or sit on other guests beds. And they feel the Budapest vibe so much, and know the city very well too! Hope you're well! H+H Team

This place is absolutely amazing as you get way more than you pay for! Especially when it relates to hospitality and making you feel at home. Staff is extremely kind and helpful, making us totally feel at home. Also the location is nice and facilities are perfect! Without overexaggerating this problably was the most friendly, hospitable hostel I ever stayed in! Thank you guys for our amazing time with you! Trust me, already making plans for revisiting. So see you soon!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Slovakia

Wow, thanks! We are so touched to read these kind words! We're looking froward to hosting you again! All the best, The Staff at HomePlus

Great location,close to a lot of things you have to see in Budapest, tram stop is just few steps away, grocery store is just around the block and there are few pubs in the area. Wifi is good, breakfast is solid, Staff is helpfull and friendly.

Hvala lijepa! : ) Hope you loved the city as much as we do! See you soon, The HomePlus Crew

Great for single travellers. It's a small common area so lots of mingling and the hostel staff are great and happy to go out with the guests on any night of the week.

Hello, Thanks! It was nice to hang out with you : ) We wish you all the best! See you soon! The H+H Team

음악분수 옆에 있어서 너무 좋았어요 위치는 그럭 저럭 나쁘지 않았고 숙소시설도 그냥 평타?

Generally nice hostel and staff but the facilities were just not good enough. Rooms didn't lock at all and neither did the bathrooms..... So if you like you're privacy whilst having a shower or on the loo this isn't the place for you. Not even toilets either.

Very good hostel in general, I strongly recommend it!!

Gracias, hasta la proxima : )

I really loved that place! The staff is awesome, very friendly and whenever you need help, they'll make sure that you'll be fine!! they also prepared free dinner for everyone and we all hung out in the living room together, guests and staff. It felt like a big family reunion. :) I'll be back, for sure! If you are still looking for a place to stay, you won't regret going to HomePlus!!

• 28th Aug 2014

Hey, So good to read this : ) This is exactly how we feel about these dinners - a family reunion! Thanks, see you soon! HomePlus Team

The huge positive for this hostel is the excellent friendly staff! Right from the check in they were super efficient and friendly! They gave me great orientation and ideas of what to see what to do and where to eat! Small hostel with free dinner every second night and free bfast every morning! Highly recommended!

Hi Greg, it's great to hear from you! Thanks for the kind words, visit us if you're back in Budapest : ) The HomePlus crew

There is nearly no daylight in the place. The common area is closed after 21:30pm - it is not even possible to sit there with light and read a book! Answer of the staff after complaining: "You can stay in your bed or in a bar!!!" Why pay 15€/night for that? Even in central Pest this is not really good value! I decided to leave the hostel after 2 night of stay (but having payed 3 nights) and moved to another hostel where they had a REAL common room (not one which is closed in the evening)....

Hello Sven, I've talked to the receptionists, and they remember you! You have stayed 4 nights with us, visited small towns around Budapest with recommendations from the staff, and you really seemed to enjoy your stay.. We even let you stay in our common room to read. But you know we have to be quiet at night, because we are in an apartment building, and please respect other hostel guests.. Wishing you good travels, Shari the manager and the HomePlus Team