HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

This was the perfect place to stay in Budapest. I met people from all over the world at this hostel and everyone there was very sociable. I would definitely stay here again. As a bonus the hostel put on breakfast every morning.

Hi, Thanks for the nice words! Hope you liked our wonderful city : ) HomePlus Crew

Loved this hostel. The staff were all so warm and helpful. I was sick when I was there and they constantly were helping me out and looking in on me. One of the best places i have stayed

Hey Eric, so good to hear from you! And thank you for the nice words : ) Hope you're well, and hope you'll have a chance to return to visit us again : ) All the best, The HomePlus Staff

The plywood bunks are kinda weird. Never seen that before. Nice, small, cosy hostel. Nice break from the big chain ones. Staff helpful, fast wifi.

Hey, Thanks! Those bunks were designed by our interior designer friend, and we love how stabile they are, and how they make the rooms smell like wood. We wish you good travels : ) The HomePlus Team

Fantastic, the wonderful staff and great atmosphere made my holiday.

Hello, Thanks a lot! See you next summer : ) HomePlus Team

The hostel's staff was very friendly and helpful! Also the location is great since it's right next to a tram line that takes you directly to city center and back 24/7. As I was staying in the hostel alone, I found it great that the hostel offered a free breakfast every morning and while everyone was sitting around the same small table I got invited to join people to their trips every day!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Hei, kiitos! You've got the point! Our goal with these meals is to make our guests become friends : ) And of course, it saves money for you, and brings great atmosphere to the hostel - it's a win-win situation : ) Hope you're well, see you, The HomePlus team

Really really nice hostel!! Would highly recommended for those who like a homely, sociable atmosphere!

Hey, Thank you so much! It was lovely to host you here in Budapest : ) HomePlus Staff

Great staff, great place, highly recommend!

Great hostel. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. We had a lovely free meal there with the Palinka shot. Really nicely decorated hostel with ample secure lockers. Staff seemed to know the city inside out and helped with recommendations. Perhaps two toilets for the entire hotel is a bit lacking, but we managed. Was a bit quiet at times, but a good atmosphere when we had the meal - everyone went on a pub crawl after. Would definitely recommend.

Hey, Thanks a lot for the nice words, hope you've enjoyed the Pub Crawl! See you soon on one of our dinners, The Home Plus Crew

I absolutely LOVED Home Plus. It has a really warm, friendly atmosphere and it is super funky. It's a great place to meet new people and just hang out. The staff are incredibly helpful and informative.

We've been traveling round Europe exclusively in hostels and this is undoubtably the best so far ! The location could be slightly closer but that's the only thing I couldn't rate 100%. Free breakfast , got cooked for a night , and a really friendly family atmosphere was great Really social . Excellent staff. Would recommend to any traveler !

• 31st Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It was very dirty!!! Spider webs, dust... My room was supposed to be "suite", but there was no toilet bowl!!! We had to share one toilet with 20 people! Staff was great! They let us sleep in the couch before our room was available and the breakfast was included. If you are looking for a hostel with young people and party, that's ok.... but we were a couple and didn't want this mess. Location is good too, near everything important.

Very accommodating place that allowed us to have a dog in the room. Thanks guys

Super great hostel. Lovely staff, good wifi, excellent recommendations, etc. Loved it

The best hostel I've stayed in! The staff are very helpful and friendly. The whole hostel is kept very clean. The free meal at night is very good and a great way to meet people in the hostel. Overall a great hostel!

Pretty inviting atmosphere, but there was no place to lock luggage after check out and the bathrooms were pretty messy

I just came back from a month and a half of travelling across Europe, and this was by far the best hostel I stayed in! Couldn't fault a single thing. The staff were extremely polite and were always happy to answer any queries or questions you had. The hostel was relatively small and everything was open-planned on one level which gave a really nice homely atmosphere - met so many other travellers here! Thank you for a great stay, I will be back!

Nice place, fantastic location and the members of staff are extremely friendly. Particularly after the bar crawl and you get to know them better.

one toilet more per floor wouldn't do harm! :) except for that it was great!

I had seen the first reception is so nice when the dry machine is broken . She clean for you by her hand.

Homeplus has two apartments, one where the reception is for dorms and one a block away for privates. We stayed in the latter and felt that the atmosphere in our apartment was poor compared to the other. Rooms were okay, just got very hot at night. Located on one of the main streets so couldn't argue with that.

Hello, thanks for the feedback! We're sorry that you didn't enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of our apartment house! We've made those private rooms for people to rest. Next time you're around, if you feel like socializing, you're always welcome in the main building - you know, only one minute away, just around the corner. Hope to see you soon!