HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

Love this place..and I love katalin!!!

The shower in the private room made the entire room wet, and smell pretty bad. The bathroom next to the private room also seemed to be a frequent hook up room. Extremely safe, and really close to public transit! We were able to get to everything we wanted to see very easily.

Hey, thanks for the feedback! We're sorry for the inconvenience, sometimes the hair gets stuck in the drain and although we check it very often. I wish you'd let us know during your stay, so we could have solved this problem right away! And about the bathroom.. unfortunately we can't control our guests libidos : ) But we try to keep it all nice and quiet for the night in HomePlus. Hope to see you another time!

Really nice place to stay. Nice and small and homey, everybody is friendly, staff is nice. Only stayed a night but enjoyed it very much. Staff went out of their way to help me do the things I wanted and pub crawls run every night. Super clean as well.

Hey thanks, hope to see you soon : )

Good hostel,small but you're only there to sleep anyway. The beds are nice and have some privacy with little wooden screens. Free dinner was average but it was still good and free! Also were lucky enough to have Palinka with dinner All in all a good hostel, nice location for sightseeing

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Hello, thanks! We are really proud of these beds, our designers made them really comfy : ) You're always welcome here!

The best hostel we have ever stayed in!!! We got free meals and free breakfast. Plus the hostel was right off the main strip so everything was in walking distance. The staff was super helpful and socialsble with the guests. Definitely recommend this hostel!!! And I will definitly be going back to Budapest!!

Hey, thanks for the kind words! It was lovely to have you here! : )

This was a great hostel with a nice atmosphere. There was a free cocktail night which was nice and a great way to meet people. The staff were very helpful and really nice about my request to move rooms. There's plugs, lights and lockers for every bed, which is particularity good because the individual rooms don't lock.

Poor location. Is one small apartment so not many people and no where to go if you want privacy outside of room. Have to be quiet in common areas after 9.30pm and can't cook in kitchen after 9.30pm!!! Kitchen can fit 2 people in max. No locks on room doors and as room was next to showers people always walked into our room. Nice staff though.

Interesting hostel. I was a bit surprised when I arrived at the layout of the hostel, but overall it was a great place to stay. It's in an apartment building, and has been modified by some locals to be a hostel. There is one toilet for males, and one for females, and only three showers. My one complaint is that the hostel does not have locks for the doors. While, this is ok if you're using the lockers, most people will still leave things lying around. It's safe, but makes you feel nervous.

This was by far my favorite hostel along My backpacking trip. It felt like home. Everyone was really friendly and I loved the environment. The free breakfast and meals brought a lot of people together (and was delicious)and the pub crawl was fun too! It was so great I would recommend it to anyone. There aren't a lot of bathrooms however... So you have to be okay with waiting.

Such a great hostel set up with amazing staff! As though it couldn't get any better they include a free breakfast AND a free dinner every second night! Loved it here and would definitely come back!

really nice place,and location near Tram 4&6 for 24hr friendly Staff, good command

This was my second stay at Home Plus - staff are always friendly and well informed about the city, the facilities and location are great, plus the free breakfasts and dinners mean that it's a really inclusive atmosphere, brilliant for solo travellers.

• 18th Jun 2014

This is by far the best hostel i've stayed in, avaluating all aspects. Perfect location, friendly and helpful staff, free dinner somedays of the week, free breakfast every day, a great atmosphere, specially if you're backpacking to party and meet people - me and my girlfriend weren't in that vibe, but still we loved this place. Cheers for HomePlus Hostel, definitely recommended!

Nice though small hostel, 30 mins walk from the main centre. Haing seen previous reviews I was expecting a little more. Social area is pretty limited and kitchen is very small, though the free dinner on Saturday night (Potato Paprikash) was delicious :-) Main issue was both rooms we stayed in (we got moved half way through our stay) backed onto the main street which had a tram line down it - ok until 7am but impossible to sleep through after that! Amazed nobody else mentioned this in reviews!

Loved the traditional Hungarian dinner, and I am very thankful for it! Staff was very helpful, and they give excellent recommendations for restaurants, sights, bars, etc. Great atmosphere and location!

• 10th Jun 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hostel. It was a home away from home with a fantastic staff, VERY close to local transportation and conveniently located.. The hostel was comfortable and the amenities were always kept clean.

Very helpful staff after my bag was stolen (helped me with language barrier to contact police

This is the place to stay in Budapest. Victor, the owner, and his staff are the best and willing to share any information or advice with you. The rooms were large and clean, and in a nice neighborhood close to public transport but can easily walk everywhere (very close to Margaret Island which was a favorite). The breakfasts, dinners and happy hour were a great touch and made it easy to meet other travelers. We fell in love with Budapest and think HomePlus aided in this.

GREAT HOSTEL. Hostel Plus is what I imagined when staying in a hostel. It was small but everyone got a chance to talk to each other and get to know each other. I think we met the most people at this hostel and we enjoyed a home cooked dinner one night that was delicious.

Nice and perhaps a bit too small, but definitely cosy. Location is great and has a laid back feel. Hostel n staff go the extra mile to compensate for any shortcomings - e.g through daily brkfast and dinner on some days. Good place for a short get away.