HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

Great place could do with more space in the kitchen though and eating area Nice stay though

Excellent staff and atmosphere. Great wifi and breakfast and 2 dinners a week are included!

• 14th May 2014

Great place, with a really friendly "family" atmosphere and helpful staff. Free breakfast, which was a pleasant surprise. Will definitely stay here the next time I'm in Budapest!

• 10th May 2014

Great hostel. Staff was extremely helpful! Beds were huge as was storage. Lamps for your beds as well as outlets. Free dinner once and awhile, good too! Wifi was iffy but overall pretty solid. The place is cozy but that also means ou can hear everything everywhere . If your a light sleeper bring some ear buds.

Amazing hostel, very familiar, good location... VERY GOOD.

Best hostel we've stayed in!

Very kind staff and frinedly atmosphere. I am satisfied with everything of the hostel.

I´ve travelled to several countries and stayed in several hostels aroundo the world. In my opinion, the home plus hostel is the best place you could be. Good value for money, excellent staff, comfy bed, hot showers, free breakfast, good quality WIFI and so on. There is the place where you don´t wanna leave!

HomePlus was a fun place to stay--the staff was really welcoming and it was super easy to meet people. The place isn't very big, however, and there are only two quite small bathrooms and two showers for roughly four people. The rooms are a mess (although that's not entirely the hostel's fault) and it can be quite loud since there's always people hanging out in the common areas. Our homemade Hungarian dinner was great!

Best hostel stay of our trip that included 9 stops. Friendliest staff that is incredibly welcoming and knowledgeable about the city. Will definitely stay here again. Doesn't get better than Home Plus. Close to most of the main tourist sights. You can walk just about anywhere, including the ruin bars. Thanks for a great stay. Dusty and the Americans

• 29th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

One of the best hostels i had ever been. Helpful and funny guys. I will miss the time there. Come as a foreign, go as a friend!

Couldn't have asked for more :) We booked 2 beds in a 4 bed mixed dorm, but it ended up just being me and my friend staying the night. Even if the room had been full though, there would have been more than enough space, the room was so huge! The hostel definitely deserves its name too, the incredibly friendly and helpful staff made us feel right at home straight away (and the hostel is so homely and welcoming too); I only wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy their hospitality more!

Everything was fine except the showers. They were terrible.

One of my favorite hostels of all time! Centrally located with a very helpful staff who can help you book everything from river cruises to spa packages... Family style dinners and pub crawls make this place feel like more like you're staying at a friends house rather than a hostel. The smaller size is also great if you want to meet fellow travelers, I would definitely stay here again! Kösönöm!

One of the best hostel I've been so far. The facilities are awesome, big bedrooms and a very neat bathroom. The staff are awesome and friendly. Is has also a very nice location, just across Charles Brige and a couple blocks from the Prague castle.

Good location right next to the parliament building and very helpful staff

Really enjoyed the staff and the location. I would definitely recommend this to someone else.

• 17th Apr 2014

First of all its not a hostel, its a home. We met the best staff which doubled as our guide and Chef too.. I would like to recommend everyone who is trvelling to Budapest must stay in HomePlus. I really liked this place. My thanks to all the staff to make my stay in Budapest really amazing.

There is nothing I can say about this place that hasn't already been said. It's a wonderful place to stay, and as a solo female traveler I felt really comfortable here. Couldn't ask for more really....

Good hostel. The staff is very friendly and give you a lot of hints. The breakfast is very poor, so if you are considering it because of the breakfast don't take it.