HomePlus Hostel Reviews

Balassi Bálint utca No27, Budapest, Hungary

Great staff, great place, highly recommend!

Great hostel. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. We had a lovely free meal there with the Palinka shot. Really nicely decorated hostel with ample secure lockers. Staff seemed to know the city inside out and helped with recommendations. Perhaps two toilets for the entire hotel is a bit lacking, but we managed. Was a bit quiet at times, but a good atmosphere when we had the meal - everyone went on a pub crawl after. Would definitely recommend.

Hey, Thanks a lot for the nice words, hope you've enjoyed the Pub Crawl! See you soon on one of our dinners, The Home Plus Crew

I absolutely LOVED Home Plus. It has a really warm, friendly atmosphere and it is super funky. It's a great place to meet new people and just hang out. The staff are incredibly helpful and informative.

We've been traveling round Europe exclusively in hostels and this is undoubtably the best so far ! The location could be slightly closer but that's the only thing I couldn't rate 100%. Free breakfast , got cooked for a night , and a really friendly family atmosphere was great Really social . Excellent staff. Would recommend to any traveler !

• 31st Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It was very dirty!!! Spider webs, dust... My room was supposed to be "suite", but there was no toilet bowl!!! We had to share one toilet with 20 people! Staff was great! They let us sleep in the couch before our room was available and the breakfast was included. If you are looking for a hostel with young people and party, that's ok.... but we were a couple and didn't want this mess. Location is good too, near everything important.

Very accommodating place that allowed us to have a dog in the room. Thanks guys

Super great hostel. Lovely staff, good wifi, excellent recommendations, etc. Loved it

The best hostel I've stayed in! The staff are very helpful and friendly. The whole hostel is kept very clean. The free meal at night is very good and a great way to meet people in the hostel. Overall a great hostel!

Pretty inviting atmosphere, but there was no place to lock luggage after check out and the bathrooms were pretty messy

I just came back from a month and a half of travelling across Europe, and this was by far the best hostel I stayed in! Couldn't fault a single thing. The staff were extremely polite and were always happy to answer any queries or questions you had. The hostel was relatively small and everything was open-planned on one level which gave a really nice homely atmosphere - met so many other travellers here! Thank you for a great stay, I will be back!

Nice place, fantastic location and the members of staff are extremely friendly. Particularly after the bar crawl and you get to know them better.

one toilet more per floor wouldn't do harm! :) except for that it was great!

I had seen the first reception is so nice when the dry machine is broken . She clean for you by her hand.

Homeplus has two apartments, one where the reception is for dorms and one a block away for privates. We stayed in the latter and felt that the atmosphere in our apartment was poor compared to the other. Rooms were okay, just got very hot at night. Located on one of the main streets so couldn't argue with that.

Hello, thanks for the feedback! We're sorry that you didn't enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of our apartment house! We've made those private rooms for people to rest. Next time you're around, if you feel like socializing, you're always welcome in the main building - you know, only one minute away, just around the corner. Hope to see you soon!

This place is awesome! The staff is very helpful and they tell you about awesome places to eat that are authentic and not touristy, or tourist prices. I would definitely stay here again!

• 18th Jul 2014

This is the best hostel I've stayed in. Awesome staff, they gave me helpful tips for things to see and good restaurants. Common area is excellent for meeting other people, great for solo travelers. Loved the delicious free dinners and palinka shots. This hostel was just perfect, I'm definitely going again. :)

nice location, but lot of Times so noise , maybe after the midnight ,the staff of the hostel could tell all the client be quiet .

This was my favourite hostel! Staff were great and always helpful, available 24/7. It's a great place to meet people as a solo traveller, but easiest to do so when you're staying in the main building. Free breakfast was awesome, as were the traditional dinners and palinka shots. Everything was within walking distance, especially because the city is worth exploring on foot. Would definitely stay here again!!

Really amazing hostel overall. While the layout isn't typical of a hostel, it turned out to be really awesome because it encouraged travelers to talk and be friendly, even if for just a minute. My only complaint is that one of the showers was broken - hardly an issue to really get bent out of shape on. Great neighborhood and close to public transportation, you won't go wrong staying at HomePlus!

• 14th Jul 2014

HomePlus Hostel was overall a wonderful stay. Although it was just a little hard to find, it was in a really great area. The metro and tram stations were close by and the views walking in the neighborhood are enough to make you love Budapest. The hostel has a fantastic atmosphere and everything feels very clean. Only 3 showers and one toilet for women and one for men but it never was a real problem. Staff was very friendly. We loved our stay in Budapest and at the HomePlus Hostel!

• 13th Jul 2014