Homeikan

Fabulous 1121 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1121 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 31-40
16th Jul 2017

We enjoyed the experience of staying at a traditional Ryokan, our children loved the traditional bath. I would recommend requesting a room downstairs if staying in hot weather, upstairs was very warm in July.

Millon thanks from Homeikan and all staff.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
4th Jun 2017
7.7

The Homeikan was an awesome experience for sure. The hosts were so kind and fun to talk to. The location is a little far from a JR station, especially when you have all your luggage. And, with everything considered, I don't think it was worth how much it cost. If you don't mind the money or the distance, I would highly recommend it!

12th May 2017
8.0

Definitely an authentic room, spacious rooms, safes, designated shoe cubbies. If you are not comfortable with potentially showering in the same room as other same-sex guests, this location is not for you. They have one private traditional bath room and one gendered open bath room. The private one is almost always occupied in the mornings and evenings. The staff is friendly. but strictly adhere to check out time. I'd suggest you get directions in Japanese & photos to find it (residential st).

11th Apr 2017

I've stayed twice now and it's always been a wonderful experience. The private bath is a definite plus after a long day of walking.

• sabrinatrudeau
  • USA, Female, 18-24
9th Apr 2017
5.1

I booked and searched for this hostel for 2 people/1 room. It clearly says "price per room" when you book. It doesn't say anything about per person in the guidelines. Regardless I booked for two people but when we arrived they told me we booked for only one. They seemed annoyed when I told them it was for two and told us we would have to pay per person. We ended up paying more than a hundred more than what we planned. If I had more character room I would go more into detail. Very disappointed.