Homeikan Reviews

10-5 Hongo, 5-Chome, Bunkyo-Ku, Tokyo, Japan

Although the hostel is a nice place to experience a traditional Roiykan we had stayed in hostels for less money (tax included) which were nicer and closer to local transport etc. It is nice and quiet and feels removed from the crazy Tokyo lifestyle but didn't have much in the way of facilities (only having public onsen showers and one 'family bathroom' which is the only private place to shower this was not made clear before arrival). The staff were nice but there was not much of an atmosphere

it's a traditional japanese building and i love it so much! the staff there is very nice and their english is good so that we can comunicate easily! it's not far from subway station. so if you want to have a japanese experience,you should choose here. it's good choice!

One of the best places we stayed in Japan. You get a really great traditional feel and the staff is unbelievable. I would definitely go back here if I went to Tokyo again. The only problem we had was with the Wi-Fi but why waste time on Wi-Fi when you can be having a warm bath downstairs? 100% recommend!!!

Hostel's location was a little difficult to find, the directions provided weren't detailed at all. But once we got there, the staff were fantastic and very helpful, and the rooms were lovely and had a great traditional feel. There was even a Japanese style bathroom which was a great experience. Hostel wasn't very like the photos shown though, was a little disappointed as the inside had more of a backpacker's feel rather than a traditional ryokan. Apart from that though, a great place to stay :)

Stayed for three nights here with two friends. Very cute and quiet. Centrally located in Tokyo, but in a very quiet neighborhood. The staff was very friendly and sweet. One thing people might want to know is that the showers/bath are all traditional. There are 5 shower heads scattered around the perimeter with a large bath in the center but no doors so if people have nudity issues this might not be the place to stay. 1 for men and 1 for women. Also only one outlet in our room. Fabulous overall

Traditional and very authentic ryokan. NIce big room and tea for the room. Futons were extremely comfy. Loved my stay here!

A little hard to find but great location otherwise. Very friendly staff and the place itself is beautiful.

• 4th Jul 2014

Fantastic traditional inn with the sweetest staff. Very tranquil and zen but also made some nice friends

This Hostel is located in a quiet and quaint area with a 10 minute access to a train line. Had an old fashion Japanese charm which made it super authentic. Beds were comfortable, and the rooms very clean and authentic. Free snacks and tea. The staff were always friendly and helpful. We had to change our reservations and they had no problems with that. They even had a small gift store if you wanted some souvenirs to take home. I recommend if you are looking for something quiet and authentic.

I loved it! It was a traditional Japanese experience with friendly staff and a very good breakfast.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • alstallio

Good job, Koike san and team. I loved my stay at Homeikan; you made me feel very welcome and no question was too difficult for your knowledgeable team. Thank you!

Nice place to experience traditional Japanese living in Tokyo.

If you are looking for a quiet place in a traditional japanese setting, this is it! I loved the hot tub!! I also highly recommend the japanese style breakfast. I would for sure come back.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

The staff here will bend over backwards to make you feel more at home. The Japanese style breakfast they served was really tasty. Unfortunately, the ryokan is located pretty far from the metro in a less-well-lit area. Walking home alone at night was scary. The lavatories had both urinals and sit down toilets in one room, and they smelled a bit funky. The temperature of the hot bath was inconsistent - way too hot or lukewarm. Overall, I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• 14th Jun 2014

Thank you Homeikan for taking care of me! It was the best rest I've had in a long time :)

The personal is particularly friendly and some of them speak a good english, not so common in Japan. You can find all you need inside the Ryokan: Washing machine and beers all night long. Rooms with climatisation, you choose the temperature as you like.

• 12th Jun 2014

We loved our stay at Homeikan and can't recommend it highly enough. Here are a few things that we particularly enjoyed: - The amazing staff who were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them (they even drove our suitcases between buildings when we had to move rooms) - The traditional feel of the place - The complimentary yukata robes (which can also be bought as souvenirs/presents) - The comfortable futon beds - The traditional Japanese breakfast - The large luxurious baths

• 4th Jun 2014

The staff was awesome. They helped us in every moment. The most beautiful, the bathroom: take a bath after a long walk day was the best part. The typical breakfrast was nice. The rooms are typical japanesse. Sllep in a futon is interesting.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 31-40

I really enjoyed my stay at Homeikan. The staff were very kind and gracious and made my stay very relaxing. The ryokan itself is beautiful.

thank you for your stay at us . also thank you for your comments we dont have any manual to take care of our guests, because, we believe all staff know of what they should do for our guests. what we do is what ordinarly Japanese do. nothing specials . nice guest like you saves us ! thanks again.

Interesting traditional place to stay. Staff was helpful with getting around and maps and all that.

« first « Prev 1 2 3