Homeikan Reviews

10-5 Hongo, 5-Chome, Bunkyo-Ku, Tokyo, Japan

Breakfast brought to my room the next morning was an excellent decision!!! So delicious!!! Thank you :)

• 22nd Feb 2015

The environment of this hotel is pretty good! It's quiet and I can totally relax. The service is great as well! The staves of the hotel are enthusiasm and kind. I had a lot of joy during these days. The breakfast they provided smelt good and delicious and made me expect every morning!

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Taiwan

Awesome Japanese style old hotel. Love it. It has nice bathroom with hot bath for 24 hours. The room was very old style and comfortable. Having breakfast in bedroom is also available . Wanna visit there again .

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Taiwan

Really enjoyed our stay here. It's about a ten-fifteen minute walk from a Subway station - just five stops from Tokyo. I was concerned from other reviews that it would be difficult to find /inconvenient, but I rather liked it! The room itself was great - big and a super cozy futon, although the bathrooms aren't as modern. It was worth it for the lovely room and nice atmosphere - beautiful garden, etc. Breakfast was great value.

Some chairs would have made us foreigners more comfortable.

• 24th Jan 2015

a great traditional hotel, it was a good experience as my friend and I stayed here for out last day in japan. staff are very friendly

Good price, good atmosphere İ will come back.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Million thanks for your stay and your comment ! You are always welcome. All Homeikan staff

This is a great place to stay if you need some room (from small hostel rooms as we discovered). We had a twin room - traditional style - beds on the floor, a fridge, tv, table/cushions tea and coffee. The place is characteristic and the hot baths are relaxing. Nice traditional place. Near metro but area does not have much to do (uni area)

Thank you for your stay at this very old traditional Ryokan . Our style can be super minority in accommodation business in big city like Tokyo. You say small hostel rooms. This is wrong. they are real authentic Japanese rooms in Ryokan. Ryokan is Japan original and may be very unique for foreigners. This can be the reason why Hostelworld.com might put Ryokan into hostel category. Yes, you are right. This area is good for resident who like quiet,clean and academic atmosphere.

We had a lovely stay! The whole staff is very friendly, helpful and shows you everything you need to know (in English!). The night was quiet and the bath we took was really relaxing! I'd love to come back to the Homeikan when I'm in Tokyo again!

• 12th Jan 2015

Although this very likely was a reputable inn at one point, it seems that it has seen better days. This traditional ryokan is somewhat dusty, smelled of mold, and definitely didn't seem the cleanest. It was way overpriced, in my opinion. Potential guests should know that showers are communal. Overall, a good experience (for the traditional aspect of things including communal showers, tatami mats, yukata robes, matcha tea, etc.), but I wouldn't stay here again because of location and high cost.

*Location: it is not near to the main attractions, but the subway is 10 minutes walking. *Very difficult to find, as the sign is only in Japanese!!! *Staff: not very good English *if you are looking for a Japanese experience, this is the place!!!! Nice room, typical shower, amazing breakfast. :) *Not really a place to meet people, but overall I would definitely recommend it! It was a really different experience!

Amazing. Just make sure to stay in the main building with the garden. Couldn't ask for more. Seriously. If facilities were better (although I don't mind it) this could be easily converted in a boutique 5 star hotel. Don't hesitate.

• 30th Dec 2014

Closed to Tokyo university, enjoy the public bath and surround environment, highly recommend for stay here, new(old) experience in Tokyo =)

My last night in Japan...first time at a Ryokan! Definitely a new experience and recommend to those who want to experience the traditional inn life. The in-house onsen was great. Staff were remarkably friendly and helpful and the breakfast served was good. Very quiet but obviously no atmosphere but I like that :) I would have ranked this place higher if only I didn't catch a one-week cold from my room but overall a great experience. Thank you!

Lovely breakfast, friendly staff. We enjoyed our stay and it was our favourite accommodation on our honeymoon.

• 13th Nov 2014

Very beautiful hostel - if you're looking for a really social situation I'm not sure this is it, but this was my favorite place I stayed during my trip to Japan. Authentic -- Tatami mat rooms, soji screens, sliding windows that overlook gardens... a great retreat to relax at after a crazy day in the city. Would go back again & recommend to anyone.

very impressed by the old style of the building and decoration just like when you pass the door you pass through the other dimension of time. the staffs are all very kind and helpful. only one thing is the location is a bit far from the train station if anyone have heavy luggage might be a good idea to take a cab

This Ryokan is the best hostel I've ever stayed. I especially like flavor of Tatami in the room. They provide us very delicious Japanese breakfast, thank you very much! All the staff are very friendly especially Koike San. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

Lovely ryokan in a great location. Thank-you

• 30th Oct 2014

Really nice, traditional looking place. Never had the food there but the staff were awesome, the rooms were quite nice, cozy, and cute. And the private bath was quite lovely. The pond in the back where you could smoke was really tranquil and every enjoyed sitting out there. And it wasn't too difficult to get to places on the train, it was a 5-6 minute walk to Kagusa station, so transportation wasn't to bad. I would stay here again for sure.