Homeikan Reviews

10-5 Hongo, 5-Chome, Bunkyo-Ku, Tokyo, Japan

Stayed for three nights here with two friends. Very cute and quiet. Centrally located in Tokyo, but in a very quiet neighborhood. The staff was very friendly and sweet. One thing people might want to know is that the showers/bath are all traditional. There are 5 shower heads scattered around the perimeter with a large bath in the center but no doors so if people have nudity issues this might not be the place to stay. 1 for men and 1 for women. Also only one outlet in our room. Fabulous overall

A little hard to find but great location otherwise. Very friendly staff and the place itself is beautiful.

• 4th Jul 2014

Fantastic traditional inn with the sweetest staff. Very tranquil and zen but also made some nice friends

• 29th Jun 2014

This Hostel is located in a quiet and quaint area with a 10 minute access to a train line. Had an old fashion Japanese charm which made it super authentic. Beds were comfortable, and the rooms very clean and authentic. Free snacks and tea. The staff were always friendly and helpful. We had to change our reservations and they had no problems with that. They even had a small gift store if you wanted some souvenirs to take home. I recommend if you are looking for something quiet and authentic.

I loved it! It was a traditional Japanese experience with friendly staff and a very good breakfast.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • alstallio

Good job, Koike san and team. I loved my stay at Homeikan; you made me feel very welcome and no question was too difficult for your knowledgeable team. Thank you!

Nice place to experience traditional Japanese living in Tokyo.

If you are looking for a quiet place in a traditional japanese setting, this is it! I loved the hot tub!! I also highly recommend the japanese style breakfast. I would for sure come back.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

The staff here will bend over backwards to make you feel more at home. The Japanese style breakfast they served was really tasty. Unfortunately, the ryokan is located pretty far from the metro in a less-well-lit area. Walking home alone at night was scary. The lavatories had both urinals and sit down toilets in one room, and they smelled a bit funky. The temperature of the hot bath was inconsistent - way too hot or lukewarm. Overall, I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• 14th Jun 2014

Thank you Homeikan for taking care of me! It was the best rest I've had in a long time :)

The personal is particularly friendly and some of them speak a good english, not so common in Japan. You can find all you need inside the Ryokan: Washing machine and beers all night long. Rooms with climatisation, you choose the temperature as you like.

• 12th Jun 2014

We loved our stay at Homeikan and can't recommend it highly enough. Here are a few things that we particularly enjoyed: - The amazing staff who were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them (they even drove our suitcases between buildings when we had to move rooms) - The traditional feel of the place - The complimentary yukata robes (which can also be bought as souvenirs/presents) - The comfortable futon beds - The traditional Japanese breakfast - The large luxurious baths

• 4th Jun 2014

The staff was awesome. They helped us in every moment. The most beautiful, the bathroom: take a bath after a long walk day was the best part. The typical breakfrast was nice. The rooms are typical japanesse. Sllep in a futon is interesting.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 31-40

I really enjoyed my stay at Homeikan. The staff were very kind and gracious and made my stay very relaxing. The ryokan itself is beautiful.

thank you for your stay at us . also thank you for your comments we dont have any manual to take care of our guests, because, we believe all staff know of what they should do for our guests. what we do is what ordinarly Japanese do. nothing specials . nice guest like you saves us ! thanks again.

Interesting traditional place to stay. Staff was helpful with getting around and maps and all that.

I absolutely loved the traditional Japanese experience!

we like your type of guests. you know how to enjoy yourself in different culture zones person who still want to eat hamburger, want to sleep on weatern style beds, want to communicate in English, I recommend them to stay at hilton or holiday inn. Alex , you are a genuine sophisticated traveler. we are lucky to meet you .

Perfect stay in Tokyo, thanks to this uncredible ryokan which should definitely be more known (but not too much too keep this so japanese atmosphere). And quit!! No street nor car noise, lovely little garden, traditional furnishing, smooth staff, japanese bat Last time I was in Tokyo, my company sent me to this occidental uninteresting hotel by Tokyo City Hall with the tiniest room ever for €150 per night, with no breakfast!! I can't wait to come back to Tokyo to stay in this ryokan again...

thanks millions . some people like western style even if they are in japan. may be they look for macdonald in the moon. some people who have iinteligent adventure mind, they may try ryokan in japan. we are very,very happy to meet you. wonderful guests make this old ryokan more comfortable. this is what we learnt from our 70 years history.

Amazing stay - very traditional hostel, exactly what you want to experience when you visit Tokyo. The staff are very friendly, but not over-bearing. The beds are extremely comfortable (even though they are on the floor!). And the bathroom is incredibly relaxing! The location is good, only few minutes walk away from a few main MRT lines. Print out a map to get to the hostel, make sure you know the direction from Kasuga Sation - we found it easiest to tell taxi drivers to take us there then walk.

• 22nd May 2014

Excellent hostel and very friendly staff! Would definitely come back again. Thanks!

Ryokan is recommended over hotel when you come to Japan. And Homeikan is such a buget yet valued ryokan. Very nice

« first « Prev 1 2 3