Homeikan Reviews

10-5 Hongo, 5-Chome, Bunkyo-Ku, Tokyo, Japan

This was our first traditional hostel in Japan and was very hard to find due to it's location within a part of town with streets with no name but loved every min of our stay, must admit wooden floor a little hard haha

Will definitelly not recommend. This hostal was very old and poorly maintened. We booked to get the chance to have the experience of a real ryokan but it was morky. The room was dodgy with plastic bin, 50y old refrigerator, cables all over. It did not feel zen fengshui or japonese at all. The girls @ recepetio were all nice but the main manager was really akward and make you feel unconfortable (as if you were disturbing him by staying in his hostel). If you want to go to ryokan go to a proper 1.

• 7th Sep 2014

the bathroom very cleaning and the breakfast i recommending try it ! very yummy and full of local feeling

• 5th Sep 2014
  • China

The room itself was very nice traditional Japanese room with tatami matte. Took me a while to find the hostel and I finally showed up at the wrong building (they have three different locations in this area) but they provided a free shuttle to get me to the right wing. It is a super calm place and every noise you make will be noticed, but everybody was self aware so I didn't had any noise issues. There's a shared public bath and a private one. It's a nice place, just a bit remote and boring.

great builtin "onsen" bath; nice little garden with fish pond; very large traditional rooms

Really nice and clean hostel. Has everything you need! Very nice staff too!

The pictures online were misleading. My room was not what I expected, but it was fine. Ryokan staff was nice but not very attentive.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Very relaxing and affordable ryokan experience (minus dinner). Clean facilities and friendly staff.

This was my first trip to japan and staying in a tradition Japanese ryokan was on my list of things to do! The place is very clean but a little dated so if you are looking for 4 star accommodations with tons of amenities, this place is not for you. But if you are looking for safe, clean accommodations in an interesting area with friendly staff, definitely give this place a look. Try to arrive during the day, it can be difficult to find, even with detailed directions.

• 11th Aug 2014

This ryokan lies in a very nice & quiet neighborhood away from the main tourist hubs. The rooms were large and the futons very good. I think the place could need a make-over to modernize the facilities (communal bath, washing areas, toilets).

The most BEAUTIFUL room I have ever stayed in! The staff were very friendly and the area is really nice and safe. I want to stay here again! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Nice hostel. Staff are friendly and helpful. The tatami beds are comfortable.

1 2 Next » last »