Homeikan Reviews

10-5 Hongo, 5-Chome, Bunkyo-Ku, Tokyo, Japan

The pictures online were misleading. My room was not what I expected, but it was fine. Ryokan staff was nice but not very attentive.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Very relaxing and affordable ryokan experience (minus dinner). Clean facilities and friendly staff.

This was my first trip to japan and staying in a tradition Japanese ryokan was on my list of things to do! The place is very clean but a little dated so if you are looking for 4 star accommodations with tons of amenities, this place is not for you. But if you are looking for safe, clean accommodations in an interesting area with friendly staff, definitely give this place a look. Try to arrive during the day, it can be difficult to find, even with detailed directions.

• 11th Aug 2014

This ryokan lies in a very nice & quiet neighborhood away from the main tourist hubs. The rooms were large and the futons very good. I think the place could need a make-over to modernize the facilities (communal bath, washing areas, toilets).

The most BEAUTIFUL room I have ever stayed in! The staff were very friendly and the area is really nice and safe. I want to stay here again! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Nice hostel. Staff are friendly and helpful. The tatami beds are comfortable.

I really liked this ryokan. Even though they shut the public bath off at 10, visitors who get back late can still use the 24-hour "family" private bath. Room was nice with good AC. Taxi driver got lost getting to the hotel. Took as about 15 minutes to walk to the metro station in the morning.

Really great place - beautiful atmosphere. One downside is that it is quite out of the way!

I had a great time there. Beautiful experience.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Although the hostel is a nice place to experience a traditional Roiykan we had stayed in hostels for less money (tax included) which were nicer and closer to local transport etc. It is nice and quiet and feels removed from the crazy Tokyo lifestyle but didn't have much in the way of facilities (only having public onsen showers and one 'family bathroom' which is the only private place to shower this was not made clear before arrival). The staff were nice but there was not much of an atmosphere

it's a traditional japanese building and i love it so much! the staff there is very nice and their english is good so that we can comunicate easily! it's not far from subway station. so if you want to have a japanese experience,you should choose here. it's good choice!

One of the best places we stayed in Japan. You get a really great traditional feel and the staff is unbelievable. I would definitely go back here if I went to Tokyo again. The only problem we had was with the Wi-Fi but why waste time on Wi-Fi when you can be having a warm bath downstairs? 100% recommend!!!

Hostel's location was a little difficult to find, the directions provided weren't detailed at all. But once we got there, the staff were fantastic and very helpful, and the rooms were lovely and had a great traditional feel. There was even a Japanese style bathroom which was a great experience. Hostel wasn't very like the photos shown though, was a little disappointed as the inside had more of a backpacker's feel rather than a traditional ryokan. Apart from that though, a great place to stay :)

Stayed for three nights here with two friends. Very cute and quiet. Centrally located in Tokyo, but in a very quiet neighborhood. The staff was very friendly and sweet. One thing people might want to know is that the showers/bath are all traditional. There are 5 shower heads scattered around the perimeter with a large bath in the center but no doors so if people have nudity issues this might not be the place to stay. 1 for men and 1 for women. Also only one outlet in our room. Fabulous overall

Traditional and very authentic ryokan. NIce big room and tea for the room. Futons were extremely comfy. Loved my stay here!

A little hard to find but great location otherwise. Very friendly staff and the place itself is beautiful.

• 4th Jul 2014

Fantastic traditional inn with the sweetest staff. Very tranquil and zen but also made some nice friends

This Hostel is located in a quiet and quaint area with a 10 minute access to a train line. Had an old fashion Japanese charm which made it super authentic. Beds were comfortable, and the rooms very clean and authentic. Free snacks and tea. The staff were always friendly and helpful. We had to change our reservations and they had no problems with that. They even had a small gift store if you wanted some souvenirs to take home. I recommend if you are looking for something quiet and authentic.

I loved it! It was a traditional Japanese experience with friendly staff and a very good breakfast.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • alstallio

Good job, Koike san and team. I loved my stay at Homeikan; you made me feel very welcome and no question was too difficult for your knowledgeable team. Thank you!