Homeland Guesthouse Reviews

#15, Street 304, Sangkat Beoung Keng Kang II, Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

On second day I noticed a bad smell in the bathroom.Later I realised that somebody had pissed on my towel. I confronted the staff, who confirmed that it was obviously piss but did nothing but deny that somebody must have went in to my room and must have done it. I had do threat with police and tourist office to get my (prepaid!) money back. I always treated the staff with absolute respect and I can not understand why somebody did this. My worst experience in Cambodia so far. Don't go there!

Lovely helpful staff. We left a walking stick and they are doing their very best to post it on to us. It's not as close to the Russian market as we expected but it's in a little back street which is like a small community of its own. Wonderful very cheap food opposite the entrance to the hostel. My husband would have preferred the music to be a little quieter in the restaurant in Homelands but otherwise we felt safe happy and welcome in this hostel.

Clean, big rooms, cheap, friendly/helpful staff, good food - we had a great stay!

Staff was friendly

We had a reservation and paid deposit. As we arrived they told us that they have no room available because nobody checked out!? Why do I make a reservation and pay for it? They brought us to a hotel close to mekong which was really dirty and seemed like a hotel for prostitutes. condoms everywhere and smelly. That was definitely not okay and not what I booked... Bad management even if staff tries to be nice. Food is also not very good. Rooms are very nice tough.

Location is an issue as seems no tuk tuk driver can find the place and often gets lost. The guest house itself is not near anything to note except the Genocide Museum (which is walking distance). In terms of value for money, I think you can definitely find better in Phnom Penh. The food is over-priced and very small portions for what you pay. The staff are friendly but only the manger can communicate with guests. She is helpful and assisted me with booking tours and bus tickets, etc.

Very nice hostel, mostly due to the very service-minded staff. The very beautiful, smart and incredibly service-minded manager actually drove me to a restaurant and picked me up two hours later. That is going beyond the duty to please a customer. A receptionist also made me dinner (presumably the chef was out) which was very good. The staff really do aim to please.

room was good. guesthouse is far from central. miscommunication between staff and customers. apart from that this guesthouse is average. cheap for those on a budget

Staff were very helpful in sorting out problems with fridges, Wi Fi, electrics, room changes and passports that were not returned after checking out! Checking in was chaotic on each of the three times we stayed.

Good hostel with very friendly staff! I can recommend for everybody :)

• 17th Dec 2013
  • Finland

My boyfriend and I had a great time staying here. The staff are very friendly and the food was really good. The rooms were clean and the hotel is walking distance to S-21.

Friendly staff, decent breakfast. A small $2 tuk tuk ride to riverside. Would stay again :)

Great staff, organised Vietnamese visa/tours/bus to Vietnam all ran perfectly. Great value for money, decent food in restaurant too!

Hostel was a bit run down and grubby. The 3 bed room had no toilet paper, the fridge was unplugged and stank to high heaven and to wash your hair you had to bend backwards over the toilet. A boy fell through the roof of our ceiling in the morning but the staff were very helpful and moved us to a 2 bed room to shower which was much nicer and cleaner. Not a bad place to stay if you don't mind roughing it slightly.

Hostel staff were fantastic, they sorted out our Vietnamese visa in 24 hours and were very accommodating and friendly! It is located near the S21 museum but not close to the riverside where most tourists hangout, however it only costs $3 in a tuk tuk. Highly recommended :)

Great spot and very friendly staff. We had a bit of a scare with some items we put in the safe going missing but they were found in the end.

Yer not bad, pretty unmemorable. Basic, clean and close to the S21 museum

Nice staff in reception. AC in room and good beds. The shower was a bit un fresh and there were dust on the floor. Overall a good place to stay a night or two! 10 minute walk to the museum

The hostel staff were the friendliest we ever met in Cambodia! They were happy to help with anything they could, like arranging your Vietnam visa, selling bus tickets, recommending a nearby pub, borrowing you an umbrella when it's raining etc. Our main concern was that it wasn't very centrally located, but actually it's very close to the independance monument and many pubs, also tuk-tuks don't cost much in Phnom Penh anyway. A very nice place to stay.

A nice space, overall. The room had a few quirks (no handle on the bathroom door) but was otherwise nice. Our room didn't get cleaned over three nights, but staff was friendly.