Homeros Pension Reviews

Ataturk Mah. 1048 Sok.No.3, Selcuk- Izmir, Selcuk, Turkey

What a great stay, this is a quiet and friendly place well-located in Selçuk. The owners (brother and sister) are so great and assisted us in our stay in so many ways, from scheduling a trip to Pammukalle to making a wonderful home cooked dinner, to driving us to the airport in Izmir (for a reasonable fee) for our early morning flight. One complaint : need to replace the Longhorns logo on the wall by reception with a Sooners logo.

Extremely friendly service from Dervish and especially his sister, Shazia - always upbeat.

Very friendly welcome and a great centre for the historic sites in the region.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Absolutely loved Homeros, the host and his amazing collections! So much hospitality in a fantastic setting, like having an overnight lock-in at a museum. We would love to come back again. Thank you for recommending Osman Mizrak, we purchased some fantastic rugs from him. So glad we met both of you.

• 2nd May 2015

The host is a so nice lady. When I arrived Homeros, she invited me to have a cup of tea on the roof. And I really like the decoration of Homeros. it is unique and beautiful, make u feel like u r at home. Additionally, the location of it is good, which is near the minibus station and 10min walk away from the train station. But for me, it is a little bit difficult to find when I firstly arrived at Selcuk.

The owners are very hospitable and kind. They gave me a free lift to Ephesos and helped me planning my trip. You’ll love the breakfast! They also offer dinner, which is also very tasty. Free tea and coffee, good wi-fi. Location is very good, near the local sights, bus stop and restaurants, yet very quiet. Perfect view from the roof terrace. The common area is very cosy and nicely decorated, as are the rooms.

This place was amazing and truly the highlight of my trip in turkey. When I think of my memories of turkey they aren't of Istanbul but of Selcuk. The owner and her brother were amazing. Her brother recommended I go to his friends restaurant a few minutes walk from the hostel. At first I was skeptical because I thought he was just trying to give his friend business but it was the best food I had in turkey hands down!!!!!!!!! I would without a doubt stay here again.

Wonderful hospitality. Great food - breakfast and dinner.

Saziye and dervis was so so so so kind for me. Homeros have family atmosphere, and there was a winderful roof terrace which can relax and communicate with another guests. If I go to selcuk again, I wish I could stay at Homeros again.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

The decor is cute, water temperature and water pressure is good. Location is superb, room is clean. Hosts are friendly and very accommodating. Highly recommended.

I love it there! Feel like home :)

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Thailand

Our family spend two nights here in two rooms. All rooms are cluttered with souvenir-type ornaments and handicrafts, giving the place its own ideosyncratic atmosphere. The beds were comfortable but were made with a cotton blanket under a doona. This was prickly but was fixed by using the doona cover as a sheet with the cotton blanket on top. The bathrooms were compact and the shower adequate. The best feature was the staff, who were very friendly and bent over backwards to help us.

• 22nd Oct 2014

This is really authentic Turkish experience! I really love the family atmosphere, love their delicious home cooking, love the energetic, passionate and funny staff. We had a really good time interacting with this family.

Absolutely loved your hostel! The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Wifi worked fine as well. I would not hesitate to recommend your place to anyone! Thank you for the hospitality Dervis my brother and Saziye!

We loved every minute at Homeros, Saziye was absolutley amazing she helped with every request and sung her way around the property with a huge smile! The Dinner was authentic and delicious and great value. Highly recommend Homeros to everyone!

• 21st Sep 2014

This hostel has really figured out what makes hosteling a great experience. The owner and his family put forth an atmosphere that provided for for a truely unforgettable experience. The community dining experience and exchange of ideas, travel information and cultures was the best we have experiences. This stay provided exceptional value .

This was probably our best stop on our trip to Turkey..location is fantastic, the rooftop terrace is breathtaking, and it has a super chill vibe. We had all the amenities included, and for an additional 20TL p/p we had probably the best Turkish dinner while on our trip. It's worth going to Slecuk just to stay here..I don't believe any hotel could've trumped this place! Excellent!

One of the best places we have ever stayed! We cannot say enough nice things about the staff and the food! The staff were so wonderful and the home cooked meals were amazing! The building is kept super clean and you can walk 20 minutes to Efes. We would stay here again!

I stayed twin-bed room with my friend. Everything is excellent. There are many nice and inexpensive restaurant near there. I recommend you to have dinner not in the pension.

A wonderful and funky couple run this bed and breakfast. They were helpful with all our travel arrangements and any questions we had. We had delicious breakfasts each morning on their terrace and on the first night we also had a yummy authentic dinner there as well. They have a kitchen which serves optional meals. Would absolutely return and highly recommend for any age or traveling type!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7