Homestay Bristol Reviews

68 Queens Road, Clifton, Bristol, England

The rooms were nice, other than that this place is a joke. 2 kitchens and the hostel was bearly even full and still not enough cutlery or utensils. Hobs didn't work properly. Lounge was the size of a small bedroom so found it hard to socialise as no one wanted to be in there. Good for a one night stay.

The hostel is nice and the location is great. However, the staff was condescending and not very helpful. In addition, I don't think that paying 80 pounds for a double room facing a busy street and without en suite bathroom is good value for money.

Doesn't offer the tipical hostel live, they doesn't organize any event to get the people meet each other. The showers are... no comments, and just two per floor (around 40 beds per floor) The staff... they told us to leave the keys in reception the following morning if there was nobody around, That's was weird for me, there should be someone in reception during mornings.... anyway, the next day, nobody was there. They tried to charge me all 3 (£60), at the end they charge me for one (£20)

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Spain

This hostel was excellent, except that it is pricy and the room was very cold.

This hostel is located on the Clifton Triangle just below the university. It is also a short walk into town & there are excellent bus links. The staff were very friendly & gave me gaffer tape to fix my curtains until the morning. I stayed in a private double room at the front of the property. Unfortunately, the single glazing led to very disturbed sleep, as the area has lots of pubs and clubs. I would STRONGLY recommend visitors use earplugs & for the hostel to install double/secondary glazing.

• 2nd Dec 2014