Homey Hostel Downtown Reviews

7F., No.180, Chang’an W. Rd., Datong Dist., Taipei, Taiwan

Hostel Location near Taipei train station, convenient to travel everywhere. Boss/staff very nice, I stay 4 night there, by right the last day I suppose to change room, by left he help me change my room so that convenient for me no need to change. Hostel provide breakfast (Toast, fruits and coffee), good enough for me. have a cute travel information book at the counter. :)

The toilet is on the 7/F only, I need to go downstairs to use it, a little bit inconvenient. The room is fine.

Everything was very ok about this place. But the only thing is, I was stay at room 813, its a private room with a bunk bed, the central air condition blow directly to upper bed

If additional toilets are available on both floors this will be ideal. Great location. Unassuming entrance but everything you will need in a hostel

your hostel was totally awesome! thx for all of you guys!

• 26th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

It was an extremely great hostel for me. I stayed for 4 days in this homey hostel and then left to another hostel. So I had to carry my luggage and call a taxi to move a lot of things that I bought. All staffs helped me a lot. They moved my luggage together and draw a map for me. They were good at speaking English so I could communicate easily. But I think the room was filled with a little moisture. This is the only thing that I was disappointed.

• 17th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

It was so great time in Homey hostel. Staffs were so kind and location was very nearby the Taipei main station. I recommend this hostel powerfully!!

• 7th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

All of our staff tank you for your recommend!! Hope you have a great memory during you trip. we will be better when you next time visit us :)

Need more hair dryers. Also, washing machine damaged our clothing

• 9th Jan 2014

We feel sad that you clothes is damaged. We checked the washing machine and it work fine. because this is first time we get feedback of clothe damaged. We will keep pay attention. We provide four hair dryers. If the number is too less, we will increase it Immediately.

Lots of mosquitoes even in winter time. Can't imagine staying there during summer time. Internet speed is like crawling snail. Breakfast is horrible, compared with another hostel I have stayed in Taipei. For a lower cost , u could find a better alternative, for sure!

I apology for the mosquitoes problem. It happens because the warm temperature inside in the winter. We did several construction and go a great reduce of this problem. our bandwidth is 100Mb/100Mb which is fastest speed in Taiwan. however, we did some access control of P2P software to prevent network occupation. if you have any normal using network problem, kindly let our staff know it. we are willing to help you.

Good party, might need better security at the luggage room, but that is but a minor issue if you compare it to the overall greatness of this hostel. Nice staff, everything is clean, showers are good and plenty and the atmosphere is nice.

I feel so happy you like our place. thank you for your suggestion!! We will improve it right now!!

Great location near Taipei train station, roomy kitchen/living area and friendly staff but the 4-bed dorm I stayed in did not have a window for light/air. Also, the hostel seems to be located in an office building and one of the hostel floors shares the floor with another business. This makes it awkward when using the toilets. Good place to spend for one or two nights when transiting through Taipei.

Our location is located in central transportation network of Taipei city. We are very happy you like our place. :) We are on 7&8 floor of an office building. we recommend our guest using our toilet on 7 floor because toilet on 8 floor is shared with an accounting firm. we are planning to construct our own toilet on 8 floor. most of our room with windows but there still few rooms without windows. let us know your special request and we will do our best to help you. :)

its was a nice clean place - could use more showers in there. comfy beds and nice staff. good location by the train station and easy to find.

We have 9 showers but sometimes people come back in the same time making the shower busy. so I would like to let everybody knows that there are more showers in different floor. our bed using thick independent cylinder mattress instead of thin mattress. one of our guest even want to buy one and send back to Australia. :)

the best one in taipei. had so much fun.

We also have great time with you :)

Excellent hostel! Hostel is very clean, lot of showers (never had to wait once), and the staff is very fiendly and helpful. One night, they even took us clubbing to have a taste of the Taipei nightlife. Would certainly recommend!

Showers but no toilets on 8th floor, except public bldg toilets poorly maintained (and very far from rooms). Also a very, very bad problem with mosquitoes indoors, for some reason. dead ones already smashed on the walls when we entered, and neighbors kept slapping the walls all night, so we weren't the only ones. We slept completely covered, and still got bites on our faces. Good location and nice staff, but need more toilets and better pest control.

"The room is too small and barely have nothing inside except bed,a small table&2 small benches. Location is quite hard to find, just not reach the description at website. I can see lots hairs on my bed. Staff is quite nice. "

• 20th Dec 2013
  • Taiwan

Dear guest I apologize for the hair on your bed. We will double check after our house keeper make a new bed. the room you booked is a budget twin room. It is smaller than regular twin room and of course the price is very sweet. when you made a reservation, a direction send to your email. Just call us when you got lost. we are willing to receive your phone call :)

Ask kelly to help u reception~ ^_^

Just 10 minutes walk from Taipei Railway Station, it has a very nice view from 7/F of a building. Though small, rooms are well-organized and clean. Smart card to open the door and control the air-conditioner as well as reading light on the bed. Mixed bathrooms are clean for most of the time. Simple breakfast and local fruit is provided in the morning. Staff are very nice and helpful. Lockers are provided for free but deposit is required. And they provide international power socket!

Kelly is a beautiful girl,Josh will be great papa. I love all of homey!

Great hostel, the staff were excellent. Very friendly, knowledgable and made us feel welcome. The common area lacked atmosphere (nothing to do with staff) so maybe some organised social activities could liven it up. Would definitely recommend this hostel as it ticked all the boxes!