Homy Inn Reviews

Flat C, 8th floor, Union Mansion, 33-35 Chatham Road South, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I had high expectations due to the very good comments for Homy Inn on Hostelworld.com so I was worried I would be disappointed but this hostel is amazing!! The rooms are tiny but homy, the staff does everything to help you, they are very forthcoming and don't get annoyed when you ask the same twice 5 times Thank you very much for a great week end, you made our Hong Kong experience even better!

• 26th Jun 2015

Within the prosperous region, the location was great. It was also close to the bus station which made taking the airport bus very convenient. The staff was helpful and friendly as well.

This was a good Hostel, staff greeted us warmly, it was pretty easy to find with their directions, and is a nice/cheap alternative to staying at Chung king mansions which I've heard fairly poor reviews about. The air conditioning was great, the beds clean and comfy and only cost about 15$ canadian a night which in Hong Kong is a very good deal. Not much hostel atmosphere but you'd have a hard time finding a traditional social hostel in Hong Kong for less than 40-50$/ night (canadian).

1) Room - very small, but expected of a hostel in HK; pillows & bed sheets were clean & comfy 2) Bathroom - very clean, always pleasant smelling, tiles were free from dirt & grout stains (for me that's a big plus) 3) Location - near an MTR station, just a 5-7 minute walk from the busy Nathan Rd--I'd actually prefer staying here than in Nathan Rd itself, bus stop is just about a minute from the bldg 4) Staff - Amazing! Andy & the other staff were always nice & ready to help.

Very small rooms but the bed was excellent with a real duvet! And location is perfect too.

Great value for money. Staff was incredibly efficient. Definitely a great budget stay in Hong Kong.

• 30th May 2015

The staff were super nice and friendly, and willing to help us out with our needs and doubts.

Our double room at Homy Inn was definitely small, but we spent so little time there that we didn't even care. Good location in Kowloon- walking distance to everything and a 5 minute ferry ride to Hong Kong Island. The room and bathroom were kept clean and overall we enjoyed our experience.

The room was tiny! There was a single bed inside and with that there was barely enough space for me even to turn around. It is an OK space if you are just looking for a space to crash for the night before continuing elsewhere (as I did before crossing the border to China). Prolonged stay here may cause claustrophobia...

Room was tiny bit had all necessary facilities, everything was clean and comfortable. Was very convenient for the bus stop and downtown area. About an hour from the airport by bus.

the room at Homy Inn was extremely small. The toilet did not flush properly and the shower was over the toilet which was very awkward. I would reccomend staying in Soho as this was a vibrant area. the staff were all extremely friendly and welcoming which was one major positive of Homy Inn! For a hostel there was no common area or activities which I was dissapointed about.

Great place if you want something cheap and private. It lacks the communal hostel feel though as split on 2 floors. It's more like a cheap hotel in that you can get an ensuite room for 2 and ther room is cleaned daily. The rooms are quite tight on space so it's somewhere more to sleep if you are going to be busy out and about. I booked this as final hostel on a long trip as by the end of it I just wanted a clean and comfy bed and this place provided that! Helpful staff too.

Location was good also staff was very kind!! I stay at bunker bed. It was awsome!

• 10th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

The staff was very accommodating and friendly.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Great Hostel in the perfect location in the heart of Hongkong. I will take it again, when I come back to HK and I will recommend it to friends visiting HK. The rooms are clean and are cleaned everyday. Be careful with large luggage, when booking a single room. The room is very small and it is hard to store a large luggage in it.

This hostel was very close to the star ferry pier, so in the perfect location to see the main sights of hong kong. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the wifi in the room was fine. Unfortunately the room was very small for the price we paid, but other facilities were fine.

The bathroom floor for Room 506 doesn't look clean.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Philippines

Easy location to access MTR lines and in a prime location. While rooms are expectedly small, they provide ensuite, tv, hot water pot, storage space...all the necessary amenities in renovated spaces.

Good location, good wifi. Very small room, good toilet and good shower. The building is quite old and weird atmosphere but the hostel is ok. Very clean and quiet. Hong Kong is very expensive!!

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Chile

Staffs were friendly, great location, near to Tsim Sha Shui MTR, the room was small but clean, thick blanket, easy check out, need to add more computers please, but overall nice.

• 19th Jan 2015