Homy Inn Reviews

Flat C, 8th floor, Union Mansion, 33-35 Chatham Road South, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The good: LOCATION!! Just downstairs on the street has a ton of nice bars and restaurants. Room was clean, new, and had no mold or bugs or anything to put you off. Each dorm room has its own bathroom, again very clean and new. Building and street below and very safe feeling at all times of the night The bad: not much to complain about. Middle and top bunks are really hard. Building outside of the hostel units looks a little rough. But the hostel itself is all newly done. Rooms small for 3 ppl.

Only few hours overnight but nice people at recption. Great location. Very clean and nice room. Quiet coosleepers ;) with headphones. Small toilet and shower but enough for one night. Good to have fresh cold and hot water for free, small fridge and good wifi.

The toilet is very tiny, i can't even sit properly at the toilet bowl

This was an okay hostel for a few nights. Its location in kowloon meant that it was a bit less touristy, and there are lots of dining and shopping options available nearby. However, the hostel is split up into several levels inside the same building. If you are a social traveller, this is not the place for you. my room had a triple decker bunk bed, with only enough room for one of us to be standing at a time. It was okay for the price, but I might look elsewhere of I come again

VERY cosy, but can't argue with the price. Close to transportation as well, and the staff were very helpful, and spoke good english.

The room was cosy as I had it to myself, but I imagine anymore than three people would be overcrowded. Seasoned backpackers would perhaps be shocked at this hostel as it has a very old fashioned approach (ie, literally just somewhere to bunk down for the night). I imagine I would have been very depressed if I were here for more than one night). I didn't see a soul during my stay and the lady who checked me in was my only interaction. I guess similar to a motel. Nice sleep though :)

Homy Inn is a great alternative to the Chungking Mansion hostels if you are looking to stay in the Tsim Sha Tsui area but would rather not deal with the suit-and-drug hawkers ad infinitum. It is about 10 minutes walking from the Hong Kong Museum of History and 15 to the harbor, with the East Tsim Sha Tsui and Tsim Sha Tsui stations servicing it. Rooms are a tight fit like much of Hong Kong, and the noise from the street is not terrible. Many late-closing restaurants and bars can be found here.

The smallest hostel we stayed at in Hong Kong. It worked well for one night. It was a fine place to sleep.

I am staying in the 3 bed private rooms and cannot open 3 luggage bags in a same time, because the space is too small... (Around 3 tatami size). No doubt is the place was clean & we have room service every day. I think we just shouldn't expect a comfy room in Hong Kong. Space is too precious to them...

Nice hostel got a free upgrade to a twin private. Just small and not super clean under the bed. But defo would recommend to stay here!

The location is decent, as far as Kowloon is concerned. It's a bit off Nathan Road, so it's much more quiet. The entrance to the place is as simple as entering in the code, walking to the back to the elevators and going up. No pushy shops or anything like other mansions in the area. Still very walkable to the metro, the bay, Nathan Road, Night market, food, park.. The 3 bed room is very small. As others mentioned, you really don't have much room to move. But the ensuite bathroom is very nice.

Very clean, good location, great staff. Be prepared for Hong Kong sized rooms - very small. We booked a dorm which was fine because we knew each other but might be awkwardly small with a stranger. Good lockers in the room and small mini fridge in the common area. Would recommend this place!!

good location, friendly staff, a modern designed hostel which is very different from those (99%)traditional rubbish hostel in Hong Kong, the common area still too small for a comfort stay.

Pros- The hostel is well located in a good place in Kowloon, near lots of shops, public transportation, etc... Clean, tidy and organized. Cons- 6 bed dorm very crowdy, and you don't get towels for the expensive priceprice, which is disappointing.

Not really a hostel. A tiny room, a bit bigger than a train sleeper. But the staff were helpful.

I had a private room. I understand that rooms are at a premium in Hong Kong, but the it was absolutely tiny. When lying in bed I could touch both walls with my elbows! The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the shower was good, but apart from sleeping you wouldn't be inclined to hang out in your room. Great location though. There is no common area or social events so it's not good if you are travelling alone and want to meet people.

The room for 3 people was extremely small compared to other 3 bed dorms in hostels with the same price per night. The bathroom was horrible to use. The hostel was in a sketchy street. There was no atmosphere at all. even though the staff was friendly.

• 25th Oct 2015

This is a great place to stay if you just need a cheap one-night place to crash. I would be interested in checking out its social scene when I am in Hong Kong for fun. But as a place to quickly rest and jet out in the morning, it was everything I could have asked for: clean, quiet, and with good facilities. The staff was super helpful too since I had to check out at an unwieldly 6:00am! They're the best!

Great place to stay!

• 23rd Oct 2015
  • SaltyD
  • Ukraine

Dorm with 3 bunks one above the other felt like living in a shoebox. No, more like a matchbox. Par for the course in HK. Still, although not enough elbow room for a cockroach, otherwise clean, secure, tiny yet tidy. Andy, at reception two floors down, is very friendly and helpful. The girls are very pleasant too. Location's handy. And complimentary coffee. It's a place for the head for the night, no social stuff; and as so is affordable and convenient. Fair enough.

« first « Prev 1 2 3