Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I LOVE THIS HOSTEL. Not because of the hostel- because of the people. I have stayed in this hostel 5 times in the last year, each time I have met lasting friends. This hostel has a really good backpacker culture vibe. Great location, acceptable rooms and bathrooms, but because it's HK some of the rooms are in a different building than the lobby. If you're looking for somewhere quiet and boring with good wifi try Yessin, but if you want a great time and lasting memories- stay here.

Stayed at a Hostel in the Mirador Mansions and then decided to come here, huge difference. It is definitely a cleaner and safer place to stay at. I stayed in a couple of different 8 people mixed dormitories and found that depending on the room you are assigned to you can have quite a bit of space or just a bit tight of a room. Either way I highly recommend this hostel, you get to meet great people and have a great Hong Kong experience. It has an awesome location too. I would stay there again.

I enjoyed my stay in Hong Kong Hostel. Dorms are clean. Bathroom is also clean. I would recommend this place. Much better than mansions in Tsim Sha Tsui.

This hostel's greatest strengths are it's location and relatively reasonable price (for Hong Kong anyways). I met some really cool people while staying at the hostel and liked how active the (tiny) meeting area was at night full of people hanging out. The biggest complaints about the hostel is the fact that the lobby was not air conditioned so it was unbearably hot (Hong Kong is sweaty sticky and AC is kinda s must) and the fact that the dorm I was staying in always smelled like burnt hair.

We enjoyed our stay. The location was very convenient and easy to reach from the airport. Through connection to tons of busses, trams and the metro right across the corner getting around from causeway bay is as easy as it gets. The staff was friendly and helpful. Everything worked out great. Unfortunately, we did not get a room in the main building of the hostel. Yet the other building is very close. But there is no community area, hence you don't get to know other travelers while there.

• 20th Jul 2014

I was delayed a little with my check in time but the staff were very apologetic and even gave me a free towel and were very facilitating. The location is close to perfect being close to Central and TST too.

• 18th Jul 2014

V good. Double room is small but AC available. Room in different building

The staff were very rude and unreasonable. They need to learn how to be more welcoming. The bathrooms needed updating and the also the rooms. Every time I opened the curtain all the plaster would fall off the wall onto my bed.

• 15th Jul 2014

Great place to stay, staff helpful, room was clean and aircon working, right in the centre of Hong Kong Island, I'd definitely stay there again! Thank you very much!

The hostel, like many in HK, is separated across several buildings and floors. The common area is small and cramped with a bad kitchen space and no food storage facilities. Staff were good enough.

Staff is nice

The room was great with strong wifi on all levels of the building, but the staff were a bit unhelpful. Was told check-in was okay at 7am but turned up to be told it was at 9am then when I came back it was moved to 10 am. No social events organised by the hostel staff so be prepared to organise your own events with fellow travellers.

I BOOKED THIS HOSTEL IN ADVANCE, BUT NOT ENOUGH. SO I COULD ONLY BOOK ONE NIGHT OF JUL 10th. THE STAFFS ARE CONSIDERATE AND THE BOSS IS VERY ACCOMMODATING TO VISITORS. ALTHOUGH I COULDN'T SUCCESSFULLY BOOK THE SAME ROOM TWO MORE NIGHTS OF JUL 11th&12th ON INTERNET, I CAN STAY AT THE SAME ROOM AFTER EXPLAINING. AND IT IS SO KIND OF THE BOSS TO HELP ME STORE MY LUGGAGE. I'LL COME BACK IN MY WINTER HOLIDAY.

Went to Hong Kong for the china visa run. This hostel is close to the China Resources Building so perfect if you're coming to HK for that reason. There's a great supermarket with fresh fruit and veggies nearby. It was really hot out but the room was clean and had AC and great water pressure in the shower.

• 8th Jul 2014

The wifi is kinda slow comapring to my previous stays at the hostel. And the aircondition in our room is not cold enough.

I liked the freedom and atmosphere the most and the diversity of guests, age, nationlity, religion, all was there and all went along fine in the exciting Hongkong centre! Only missed that the worldcup was not shown on tv because it was too expensive... but it forced me to look outside the premises, which was fun in the end anyways, so all in all a perfect place,

Not the cleanest hostel and the lady from reception didn't help us much! But great location and fine for a short stay!

Self service kitchen can be better!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • China

I stayed in a mixed 4 bed room, very small for 4 individuals, we had our owned locker, bathroom (shower in the middle of the toilet and hand washer, thats a story to tell when you go back home lol), very poor internet WiFi signal, keeps disconnecting every 5 min. Overall you get your money's worth 135HK a night comes down to $18 so don't expect much 😎 save travels

The shower IS the bathroom so when you shower you get the toilet and everything else soaked. Also we had no lockers in our 3 bed dorm. Finally the AC turns off when you leave so it is hot when you get back to the room.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7