Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Pluses: location, aircon,drinking Minuses: elevator unavailable and/or broken down, one plug in the entire room (so either watch TV or charge your devices), shower head literally above the toilet

Located round the corner from the metro station, it was easily accessible. Got an upgrade for one night for no extra charge. Comfortable beds, lockers but no padlocks provided. They own many of the local apartments so you may not be in the building of the reception. Friendly staff. Average wifi, but very poor in the reception.

Staff is unlikely not helpful

Very very nice hostel!! I had the time of my life!!

Excellent location and surprisingly clean shared bathrooms. Comfortable beds and fast wi-fi connection, convenient for all users. They also have a cat that was so cute! :)

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

I saw the cleaninglady clean the bathroom with toiletbrush and handsoap, Very discusting, Not acceptabel for me. The fridge was filled with old food, and smelled was discusting. Clean! Ive got couple of tips to give you, for create a good highrated hostel: clean! It makes diffrence. wi-fi in all rooms, lamps and sockets for every bed. Free coffe and hot water all day and microwave and tv in the commonroom om 3F to make it à nicer place where propeller can meet.

We were unaware the Hostel was broken into such separate sections. There was no easy way to gather and meet other people in the hostel. You had to go to the main office floor which was not a big deal but the elevator only goes down so you constantly have to walk three flights of stairs or ride the elevator to the ground floor in order to go up. A small inconvenience that made a big difference when deciding where to hang out in or around the hostel.

• 16th Jul 2015

Everything was fine, one of the rooms had a crystal door in the bathroom.

Door to the bathroom would not shut and it's really annoying going to 2 buildings to get any information

Wi-Fi really unstable, but all in all an acceptable hostel in Hong Kong

Great hostel that why I chose to stay here again!

All-in-all, very fair. No issues, I think it represented good value for money, and I would stay again.

• 10th Jul 2015

Overall, the hotel is great. The only pitfall is the wifi. We stayed at the 6th floor and the wifi is really spotty and at times there's no wifi at all. We had to go yo the 3rd floor which is cumbersome especially at night when we need wifi.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Philippines

Had to change room twice cause the lock broke and in the other room hot water was not working and after when I was going to pay for an extra night they wanted to charge me a double bed price when I had paid before for the single.

The wifi was not always working properly. I wish there were an outlet so that I could use my ethernet cable. Also, the only cleaning that the staff did was replace my garbage bag. It would have been fantastic if they did a general cleaning (my room and bathroom) as well. Finally, the lock on my door was not working when I turned it. The door did lock, but I wonder why the extra lock did nothing.

• 5th Jul 2015

Very nice and forwarded to my friends and family to visit while in hongkong

• 4th Jul 2015

everything was ok. i just can't understand this thing of the bathrooms in asia, with the showers just in the middle and not separated by anything from the rest...everything is always wet as hell!

Hongkong Hostel has the best location. near MTR Station and bus stop from the airport. our room was very comfy, AC for 24 hours. Despite my room located in different building with the lobby, I think it is okay.

Helpful staff. Rooms are well air conditioned. We had a twin private room. It wasn't a big room as i was expecting for Hongkong, but was more spacious than i thought. Good en suit and clean. The common room is a good place to meet people (with no air con so does get hot). Not far from the MTR which is linked to get to everywhere you need to go.

• 1st Jul 2015

Ok hostel, fine location and clean beds. Like many places in Hong Kong it is very small and some rooms don't have windows. The bathrooms were very old and mouldy but had hot water for showers. Staff wasn't speaking much english so they weren't much help when checking in as if having questions. They could not tell me how to get to the airport at night. Aircon was good in my room and there were lockers big enough to fit my backpack. Wifi was only in common areas and not always working.

• 29th Jun 2015