Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The hostel is in a really good location in causeway bay however because the hostel is spread across many different floors of different buildings, there is no atmosphere.

Comfortable beds and good location. Still an odd experience - the hostel is operated over several buildings and is obviously not welcomed by the locals (there are signs about it...). Man at reception sad friendly and welcoming.

It's one of the cheapest options in HK island. Great location, it is a really good choice if you just plan to be there as short as necessary. The rooms are really small but the beds are comfortable. Maybe a bit too wet due to the local weather. It is always full of people in summer so it's convenient to book in advance, you may get a better deal as prices rise when the hostel is close to being sold out.

Good common area for meeting people. Weak WiFi in certain rooms. Great rooftop views.

Good value compared to other Hong Kong hostels. The lady running the hostel is helpful. Very small kitchen, not really suitable for cooking. Handy spot, close to where the A11 airport bus stops. Easy to find. Good supermarket across the road. Plenty of restaurants

i stayed here 2 times bcoz of the location.. but the 2nd time my room is in another building. okay what I dnt like staying here is the staff very not nice and not helpful. and once, i knew the check out time was 12.00 so 11.00 the staff clean my bed to changed the sheet and put my stuff away while im taking shower..i mean its still 11.00 hostel in hongkong is expensive but i think its too much for 19 usd here and they always said they dnt have mixed dorm..

I have arrived at Hong Kong Hostel after a 25 hours train journey and I was welcomed by Sam. Besides offering me a free water, Sam was extremely helpful. He even upgraded my room. Had a great night sleep and would definitely stay there again. The only downside was the bathroom which could have done with an update, but it is nothing when you get the help and support from staff. When travelling, to me that is more important.

OK Place !

Decent place but no thrills. There are powerpoints next to the bed which is nice. Wifi is strong and there is an easy locking mechanism for the rooms, rather than pesky keys. The hostel has rooms not just in the main building where the lobby is. Mine was a few mins walk away which was hugely inconvenient when I had to keep going to the other building for their phone, printing and other services.

Good price. good location. Only downside is that the internet would disconnect very often. I had to go to the lobby to use internet. No Wifi in the room.

The location of the hostel was okay, located near Causeway Bay MTR. The staff upgraded us too four bed room dorm which we have to walk another three minutes because it was in another building. The room is not big, consisted of 2 bunk bed, TV, table and a locker, the room is ensuited with toilet which is really gooooood. Considering coming back

The location is quite good next to the Victoria Park. There are safes in the rooms (bring your own padlock) and they provide free soap and shampoo in the bathrooms. The staff was helpful, although they were a bit hasty sometimes. However the beds were uncomfortable. I could feel the springs through the mattress. Furthermore the bathroom wasn't that good. It was very hard to close the door and the faucet was loose. Futhermore they didn't have anything to hang your clothes on.

Although room is small, but is still good to have a bed. Other than hot water, there is not really normal plain water for people But its good to meet people around the world at the common area.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Singapore

I love the location of the Hong Kong Hostel. I however was hoping to stay at the main location as the atmosphere was really great there. They ended up placing me at a different location across the street at a different establishment. There is was kinda inconvenient to have to go down the block if i needed something at the main hostel.

• 5th Aug 2015

I feel that the hostel as a whole was good but certain elements could be updated. Having friends that stayed in another hostel near by I found that theres seemed much nicer and more modern for the same price. However, the hostel was kept very clean, the staff were really helpful and friendly too.

The worst hostel I have ever stayed in. I travelled around 7 different countries over 5 months and I have never been to such a disgusting hostel. Very dodgy Set up, they threatened to call the police and would not give back our passports hours before our flight. They still have over £100 of my money and are ignoring all of my emails. My bank is trying to chase this matter up. The staff were rude and I would go as far as saying evil. The hostel is very over priced. DO NOT STAY HERE

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Falkland Islands (malvinas)

I understand your situation and we are very sure that the transaction from your credit card actually does not go through. And we have dealt with you for a several times already that we receive notice from our bank that the transaction fails and we have not charged you with anything. And so unfortunately that you fail to prove that we have charged you and at the same time refusing to pay the room charge and show no undrstanding to our answers. We would just hope never will this happen again.

Stayed here twice, the first time was a great experience. The room we stayed in was nice. The second time I stayed I got put into a female dorm accidentally, and then moved to a dorm where the AC leaked onto my bed. I stayed there for two nights the second time but didn't enjoy it as much. Overall a positive experience and value for money.

• 1st Aug 2015

Location is good, just round the corner from the subway. Although the hostel wasn't very clearly marked on the outside. Wifi worked in the communal areas only, in my experience (I was on the 6th floor, 4 bed dorm) I found the AC in the dorm not great, the room was really hot during the night. And there were only fans working in the communal areas. I met some great people here and the location of the 24hr supermarket across the street came in handy for some last minute drinking games :D

• Scotland

Great location, although annoying that sometimes you are put in the hostel across the road? Prices good for Hong Kong but rooms could benefit from individual reading lights. Staff were mostly helpful when I requested to change rooms.

I spent 1 hr.to identify the property 'cause no sign on the street. The receptionist crossed off the room No.1405 & settled me in a vacant three-bedroom dorm instead of a single private room with ensuite bathroom according to my booking. The room was clean though stuffy with poor function air-conditioner. NO available in-room electrical plugs for charging. Very noisy atmosphere at night esp. when someone was showering resulting from the paper-thinned wall. Not the place to find solace😠.

• 30th Jul 2015