Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

overall the experience was ok but there's still room for improvement. In a cold weather maybe a heater would be good to install in the rooms and common areas. The reservation of bed spaces and rooms got all mixed up a good system would be advisable to take in place for better hostel management. There was no Internet connection inside the room at level 6. They cold could set up a router there to accommodate the needs of the guests. Maybe a better water heater system would be appreciated.

• 6th Feb 2016
  • Philippines

This is probably the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. I booked an 8 person en-suite dorm, but upon check-in was moved to a different building across the road. The 'room' wasn't in fact a room, but the hallway/living room of a converted flat. I paid $180 per night to sleep in the hallway with the rest of the rooms occupants walking past/turning on the lights etc. all night. No common room, no wifi, damp/smelly, no natural light, lockers without locks, bathrooms were never cleaned during my stay.

Another good stay at HK Hostel but this time I stayed in a private room instead of the usual dorm. Room was really small, so much so that the 3 of us had a hard time moving around at the same time. Unless I was traveling with a romantic partner I'd prob stay in the dorm in the future as it's only 4 beds and had much more space and still had an ensuite. Still, location is a 10, staff is nice, price is good for HK.

We stayed in a three bed ensuite which was excellent . There is security on ground floor and being on the third floor stairs or lift very quick to come and go . Great value for money in Hong Kong

If you want to save a few bucks while being in a prime location, this hostel is for you. If you are worried about comfort and cleanliness, move on. Room is small and filthy. Found a fingernail clipping in my top bunk bed. Bathroom not the cleanest but in working order. Can't use lockers - residents store their own stuff there. Common room is really small. No stovetop for cooking your own meals. No wifi in rooms, only in common room. Staff pleasant and helpful. Room trash was emptied every day.

• 24th Jan 2016

I was really disappointed with this hostel. The hostel, overall, feels very dingy and old. It's in a random building with a sign that says, the building is not responsible for the people in the hostel and they can kick you out at any second. Every bathroom smells like cigarette smoke. So even after you shower, you feel that smell clinging to your body. My room was freezing cold and sort of felt like a prison cell. The spaces are very small. Overall, this place gives hostels a bad name.

I stayed in a 3beds ensuit room whice was very clean and very small, but clean. The staff was very friendly and it is a big bonus to have a free drinking water and free computer-use. The location is easy to get to and from the airport, and it is close to the MTR station. TheThe WiFi though was pretty poor.

Rooms were horrible, smelt like mould. Spent about a week here and the bathrooms were never cleaned. Staff was okay didn't speak much English except for one lady. Luckily we were put in the building that reception was in. Wifi was good

This hostel has a great location 2 minutes walk from causeway bay metro station. Also easy to get bus and ferry to get across to over island. The staff were really decent as had some problems with people staying in the 6 bedroom dorm and staff were really kind in letting myself and someone else move rooms at 4am. No food avalible at the hostel but they have cooking faculties and supermarkets only across the road. Would defiantly stay here again 😊😊

Slightly different to Hostels I've stayed in previously as many of the rooms are located in a different building to the reception/common area. The common area is pretty small so it's hard to meet people but I think this is generally how all Hostels are in Hong Kong. The room I was in was only for 3 people which was nice as you're less likely to get woken up by noise. The staff were friendly enough but they don't seem interested in making a great experience for you, just trying to run a business

Very small (as you would expect anywhere in HK). Staff were not very friendly. Not enough showers or toilets. Showers and toilets were combined. Toilets had run out of toilet paper and staff were unhelpful. During my time there, all of the toilets were blocked at some point.

The hostel has a good location in Causeway bay, right across from big supermarket. The common area is a bit small, but very social. Facilities are bad. WiFi only works in some random spots along the hostel, you always run out of hot water halfway through the shower, and I got stuck inside the elevator once. Would expect for more for that price

We had booked an 8 bed dorm but was 'upgraded' to a private room. This room was in the building block across the road from reception. As we walked in the we beds in the common room but also 2 rooms off of this, one being ours. There were only 2 showers/toilets which were also wet rooms so the toilet was always wet after someone had a shower. One of the receptionists was quite rude but the other 2 I saw were lovely.

Stayed in a 4 bed dorm w/ ensuite that was actually in a neighboring building on the same block. Place seemed clean, especially the linen, bathroom was tiny but fine. Only spent time in the lobby for checkin and checkout so can't really comment on the atmosphere, but there were people hanging out both times I was there. Biggest plus had to have been the location, right in the middle of Causeway Bay and a quick walk to the MTR, food, drinks, etc.

Location of hostel was great. Close to everything, easy to get from the airport. Staff doesnt speak much english what was disappointing when needed help. They also were rude(older lady) Hostel was clean but noisy. Very small rooms.

Hostel was ok, considering that you're staying in an overpopulated almost tropical city u can't expect a big room and loads of fresh air! Take into consideration the location instead, which is perfect! Maybe the only advise is for the staff to provide travellers with a few more and more accurate tips for places to go, itineraries and other info about the visit!

The staff member, Sam, is cool and helpful. The room 217 I stayed in needs more electrical outlets to charge your phone and also a good idea to bring a power strip since wall outlet is limited. The walking around in the book is clean but not behind the closest or bed [I checked, looking for an electrical outlet]. Very good location, next to Wellcome market, opened 24hours.

• 2nd Jan 2016

Besides the elevator, I had a pleasant stay, especially the girl at the reception was very friendly and fun! She was upgrading my room into 2bed private with private bedroom! What a great night I had.

Most expensive hostel I have stayed at, good location though

when first arrived staff were no friendly. later one staff was friendly. others had almost no English and were not very friendly. Rooms vary greatly/ I stayed a week so saw 4 different rooms 4 bed dorms and private double. one was clean and nice others dirty and depressing. Overall not great. but price maybe the best in HK.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6