Hong Kong Hostel

Very Good 2670 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 18-24
16th Jan 2017
5.1

This was my 3rd stay and possibly last stay at the hostel. A staff member tried to take us to another building for our room, a place I have stayed at before & not liked, so I requested that we stay at the main building and thankfully they obliged. However, the comforters on our beds made us itchy & other guests were very loud coming and going while we were trying to sleep. We checked out in the morning & asked to print out airline tickets, but the worker didn't speak any English & couldnt help.

13th Jan 2017

Very convenient. Helpful with giving directions over phone. Also very helpful while there, in answering questions and giving directions to where we wanted to go. Appreciated the coffee! Most difficult part was finding street signs for getting our bearing, no fault of hostel.

• hodgkissmichael1810
  • England, Male, 31-40
4th Jan 2017
7.4

Good location,close to park,shopping & public transport,the room was small & the facilities very basic but cheap price so not too many complaints for me..

29th Dec 2016
6.0

Was led to a different building away from the main social area. That largely diminished the chance you can socialise with the others. Staff were sometimes blunt, could be a bit more friendly. The room was simple yet hygienic, nothing special. Location was perfect, that's probably the only reason I might stay there again if I have to.

10th Dec 2016

Fab location Met some really great passing travelers at the hostel Good atmosphere Recommend

• Canada, Female, 18-24
2nd Dec 2016
7.1

The hostel is easy to find if you follow the directions posted in other reviews. I have stayed here two times. There is nothing special about this place but the location is perfect and, for Hong Kong, it is reasonably priced.

24th Nov 2016
6.9

Expensive, but still as cheap as it gets on Hong Kong Island. We were in a private room which is actually in a separate building with all the other privates, so there's absolutely no atmosphere. The room was very cramped but the ensuite bathroom did make up for it. Still, the location in Causeway Bay is excellent for getting around. The MTR and the Ding Ding are minutes away.

• mrbobdobolina
  • USA, Male, 25-30
22nd Nov 2016

Took a little finding the first time. Some of the attendants on the main floor are adamant about which elevator you're allowed to use to get to the hostel. Rooms are sometimes in a building across the street, but that seems to be fairly common in Hong Kong as far as small hostels and hotels go. Staff was friendly, nice, and spoke English. Didn't realize there was a HK$100 deposit when staying, but I got it back when I checked out. Checkin and Checkout went smoothly.

19th Nov 2016
4.9

Wasn't a pleasant stay at all, i only chose this because it was the cheapest. It started of with the staff bringing me to another building which where my room will be. Once arrived I saw sort of homeless man staying within the same room in another bunk, having alot of stuff hoarded in his bed. The shared toilet had a bath tub there which we had to stand inside to shower in, which isnt sanitary at all. There was no plug anywhere near our beds, we couldnt charge our phones overnight.

• England, Female, 18-24
18th Nov 2016
5.1

There was nowhere to lick any of mum valuables - I was told I could use one of the rusty old lockers in reception "if they were free". They were actually all filled with random unnecessary rubbish not by other guests but by the hotel. I was not given the dorm room I booked and was ignored every time I asked to change. The man that worked on reception was very rude. There was only one plug socket between 3 people and I had to push to give an extension lead Would not recommend!!