Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

i like the area for hanging out

Stayed only for one night so I am not really in the position to say a lot. Having said that... I checked in at about 7:00 pm to an un-made bed. I told them that I'd get something to eat and be back in an hour. When I returned after an hour or so, the bed is still not turned, though they made it right away while I wait outside the room.

Wifi patchy. Owner helpful - gave me a free room upgrade and bottle of water on arrival. There's an area next to the reception that was always popular for conversation, drinking and cards at night. Located next to the metro and tram line, in a lively area full of upmarket shops. 3 bed dorm room tiny and no natural light. Great price for hong kong.

직원은 참 친절합니다. 하지만 깔끔한 걸 원하는 분에게는 비추. 객실이 엄청 꿉꿉합니다.

Great hostel, absolutely great value for money. I stayed 2 nights in a 4 beds female dorm, once I checked that the room had no wifi signal, i just told them and in less than 1 sec the staff moved me to another building. Perfect service, wifi always working, nice, shiny and available staff. Is enough clean for being a hostel in HK and Asia. Directions to get there are good enough, tho I would say them to add a map from the A11 bus stop since ppl that never came to HK can get easily lost.

• 16th Apr 2014

The door had a knob but without bolting lock to be operated and no window fence was equipped thus the overall security level was poor. The air-con plug had poor contact problem such that we have to press the plug until a spark was generated inside the plug before the machine started to work(not safe to use!) Also the attendant was not polite to answer calls.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • China

it's very good location, busy area, I love it. the staff was helpful and friendly. but the facility is too old.

I stay in a apartment separated from the reception, no problem. The problem is that the apartment had 3 rooms with 4 beds, so, there are 12 people inside the apartment. And the cleaner just clean once a day the bathroom at midday, so, you can imagine the bathroom at 9pm, can you imagine the bathroom at 9am ? Amazing. The rest it's ok.

Average hostel, all about Location on Causeway Bay

• 11th Apr 2014

Generally good. Good location.

I had a great time in the HongKong Hostel and I met a lot of really nice people there! The atmosphare was amazing and the staff was unbelieveble helpful. I definitly know that when I come back to HK I will stay in the HK Hostel!!!

• 9th Apr 2014

I love Hong Kong Hostel. I mean, it is in the heart of the Island and it is reasonably priced.Everything worked well for me and I enjoyed my stay in the hostel.

I spent there 4 nights. My room was in a mini apartment with 3 rooms, a kitchen and a living room, it was quiet because it was in a different building separated from the reception building, where there is free coffee in the morning and computers, which I found out only at my check-out, having been in a different place. The position is absolutely perfect. The only thing, I booked for a 4 female dorm and it turned up to be mixed, but it was stil ok for me. Definitely staying there again next time.

absolute shocker when i was told that they didnt have enough rooms for me and wanted to put me into another dodgy building with dubious looking people when i obviously made a booking through hostelworld. i had to insist my way before they gave me a room that was similar to the ones they showed here on this website. they were however really apologetic about it in the end. other than that, access to and fro the airport was easy while there were lockers and powerpoints ready in your room.

Thank you very much for everything. I got sick in the time and you really helped me very good. Thank you for that.

• 4th Apr 2014

very nice and clean Hostel! Perfect location (one bus stop from railway station, metro station nearby). Booked a 8 person dorm and got a 4 person dorm! :) best value for money!

I was very unhappy with our stay at the Hong Kong hostel. The building was old and not well maintained. Our door would not lock to our private room, we had to explain to the front desk staff but they did not speak English so we had to mess with it ourselves. I would not recommend it to any other guests.

We had a good stay here. They own different buildings. Friendly staff at the reception who will bring you to the other building. Doors are well locked. Room is small, but it's clean and the beds are good. During our stay they placed a tv. We had a shared bathroom which was also clean. Don't expect too much, but if you only want to sleep it's ok for the price. Also close to the subway which is easy and cheap to use.

• 1st Apr 2014

Location is just perfect, staff very helpful, room was clean, but don't have socket to charge phone or something and air was stuffy even with AC turned on ( the beginning of April, not very hot outside) .

Good stay in Hong Kong. Compared to other cheap places the best!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7