Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

A nice place to stay in the center of Causeway Bay. Close to the metro station. Not really hard to find if you just follow the directions of the hostel. Tip: get yourself a Octopus card at the metro station, you can pay the metro with it and in lots of stores...

Location is convinient, not too tricky to find. Has a nice lounge area, small kitchen with rice cooker, microwave and some utensils. (Dont leave any food there unless you want it to be eaten by others). The reception can lend you a power adapter for HKs electrical wall plugs.

I arrived about 11p.m. They offered me 4 people room instead of 8 but I had to go to another building. It was close so I didn't feel uncomfortable. Also they provided towel for free. The room was clean and with toilet. I had only one night there, and I can recommend this place to other travelers. Free wifi and great location is guaranteed for you.

Really nice place to stay and has perfect location in the middle of all the shops! Really good wifi and friendly staff.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Coffee needs improvement. Staff was very helpful and caring.

Very dirty toilets, and not so clean in the rooms. The cleaning staff never knew which bed to clean and didn't speak english. Also lots of construction around so the guests sjould have got a discount for all the noise and disturbing.

It was our second time at Hong Kong Hostel and we came back because we were very pleased with the hostel last time. We think the rooms at the hostel are clean, have good toilet and shower rooms and are very comfortable. It is also good to have a tv in our room although this time the tv did not work (Kingston building, 4th floor, room 1). We also think it's nice there is free coffee in the mornings but most importantly that there is always hot water available outside our room.

• 17th Nov 2014

The room that I've stayed in was a four bed female dorm. The room was not ensuite and the toilet did not inspire cleaningness. But It was a good value for money and a short stay.

Great hostel and location cant really fault anything with it. One of the staff members didnt understand my kiwi accent but helped me as much as she could.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

ok good hostel

I thought the hostel was a good experience on the whole, although I felt disappointed with my experience of extending my stay. I missed the opportunity to book at a lower price because a staff member assured me I could do it at the same price later. This turned out to be far from true, as later on, the prices had been highly increased the next morning.

• 10th Nov 2014

Good location, right near MTR Causeway Bay. Fairly easy to find from the A11 airport bus stop. Worth mentioning that when you get to the address you have to go up in the lift to level 3, as there's no signs downstairs! But pretty clean, nice atmosphere and helpful staff, I'd stay again :)

Great location, very clean and good wifi in reception. As the rooms are spread around a large block it can be difficult to meet people. That said we stayed another 3 nights on our initial booking. Good place!

Cheap for Hong Kong, close to the MTR would probably stay there again.

I booked a basic single with a shared bathroom, and they upgraded me to a single ensuite. The bed was soft double/full. I was happy that the room was nice with a working A/C unit and there was even a little desk. The water heater worked fine for me. The toilet did keep running unless I manually fixed it, but considering the price it's fine. The room key was an electronic card and easy to use. They had a water jug that dispensed cooled or heated water, which I thought was nice.

• 4th Nov 2014

this is the only place I'll stay in Hong Kong. the staff are fantastic, very friendly and helpful. the time are nice and spacious for Hong Kong, the facilities are clean and the location is great, right in the heart of Hong Kong. Stay here, you even get a free bottle of water on check in!

The people were nice and the overall stay too. We just stayed one night. However, the entrance and the elevators looked horrible as well as the corridors. the reception was ok. The room was clean but extremely small. we had 2 beds. it wasn't possible to open the suitcase there and you had to climb over it all the time. The days after we stayed in another hostel. Same price but very luxury compared to this one.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Austria

perfect location. private twin room was ok. the mattress of the beds were really hard (room number 904) but it was only for one night, so it wasn't a big deal. you have everything around the hostel, shops and restaurants and a lot of movement by night. I will stay there again next time!

I really enjoyed the stay! Very attentive staff, all important things (Wifi, shower, coffee machine) worked. And selling padlocks at a fair price is also an outstanding trait. As an improvement, you could provide something to eat for breakfast, too, e.g. some toast.

• 31st Oct 2014

the location is great, …:) room is comfortable. just the bathroom door need to innovated since the water always spilt out to the room. Will definetly stay with you again

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7