Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The common area was small but clean and the staff helpful and friendly. However the beds were rock hard and possibly the worst I have ever slept on. The ensuite bathroom was too small and the room and bathroom were very dirty and not cleaned once during my stay. The toilet was also broken and the staff did nothing to fix it despite asking for 2 days. When I asked to extend my stay they also refused to let me pay at the same rate and charged me headline rates. I would be unlikely to stay again.

• 24th Aug 2014

Lack of space. Washrooms are small and dirty. Separate buildings make it difficult to meet people. Wifi and AC was not working properly. I understand that some of these factors cannot be changed do to the location of the hostel but if I use the other hostel that I usually stay at as a benchmark (few blocks down), there is a significant difference in quality. You should gain best practices from then to improve your hostel

I'm booking hostels for several years and honestly think didn't ever have a bad experience like this. The room was very small, during all day in my room the toilet made the flush noise, so couldn't sleep at all. That's for 3 days. Told it to them and made nothing, so I went away one day before and booked on other hotel for last night. They even refunded me.In add all little thing you had to pay.(like a print of a sheet)

Very clean and nice hostel. Situated in the heart of Causeway Bay and next to Victoria Park where people make sports every evening! Even very close to public transport (subway, tram). Highly recommended!

Nice stuff, cheap and good.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Israel

위치 진짜 좋고! 직원분들도 친절합니다. 5일 묵었는데, 딱히 나쁜점은 없었어요~ 굳이 뽑자면 샤워기 수압 약한거랑, 에어컨이 약한게 살짝 아쉬웠네요.

Great Location on HK island and near Subway, Tram line and Bus stops. Right in the fashion shop area. Nice clean rooms with lockers and some extra niceties and decent aircon. The hostel is split across buildings but that's normal for HK and don't expect big rooms. I would stay again.

Well, there's not much choice in Hong Kong so, I guess it's fine. There's not much atmosphere especially if you're in a different building from the one with the reception (because the hostel, as every hostel in HK, is split into different buildings on the same street, close to each other). Although, as I stood in another building, I noticed it was far cleaner than the main one. Wi-Fi works fine, bathrooms are ok and security is good, regular lockers as expected. The best thing is the location

I definitely recommend staying here. Easy and cheap trip from the airport. Great access to many key Hong Kong locations. Friendly staff. My bathroom door seemed a bit broken... But it still worked. Besides, 1. that was just my room 2. Most hostels don't give you your own bathroom

• 2nd Aug 2014

Our room had a horrid stench when we arrived. We figured out that here was a fridge in the hallway that hadn't been cleaned since it's been there. We bought some fridge refresher for it ourselves. This helped with the smell. The fridge also then stopped working half way through our trip. The staff also tried to charge us for an extra night before we left because they made a mistake about how many nights they thought we were there for. Even though we paid for the correct number of nights.

• 1st Aug 2014

really friendly staff and awesome location wifi is kinda weak and sometimes comes in and out but other than everything was great!!

• 1st Aug 2014

The hallway smelt like durian but other than that we had a pleasant stay.

The information on Hostelworld was incorrect, the hostel does not actually offer free breakfast and it should not be advertised as dong so. The room was cramped and dark. The shower was powerful but there needs to be somewhere to attach it to the wall. A staff member walked into the room without knocking whilst I was changing which I am not happy about.

At first, it looks a little messy and smelly, but - hey - this is Hong Kong. Instead, the place is cool, with comfy beds, helpful staff, fast check-in&out, super location close to everything from ferries to metro to supermarkets or shopping malls. Rooms have AC and I was even given a free botlle of water on my way in. Good atmosphere in the common room, everybody was taliing to everybody. Reccomended place to stay.

I enjoyed my stay at the Hong Kong Hostel, would recomend it. Facilities were pretty clean, staff OK. The only thing is that my room was not in the same building as the common areas, so not the best to socialize with other travellers.

• 30th Jul 2014

I was in a different building then the common room/check in area and that made it difficult to meet people and was an inconvenience. The AC wasn't strong enough to keep the hostel room very cool it was pretty hot in the rooms for my 3 days there.

My three-bed-dorm had an ensuite bathroom with decent water pressure. Wifi didn't reach the room, had to use it in the hallway. Located in a nice area, hostel not hard to find. Supermarket across the street. Would stay again.

Perfect location, polite staff, but old rooms. Our toilet was broken, the bathroom door barely opened and closed. The bed and pillow were very hard (I've lived in Korea, where hard beds and sleeping on the floor is normal). Our tv or remote didn't work. To be honest, we didn't bother to ask about fixing it as we weren't in the room except late at night. It was the cheapest place in Hong Kong, though.

I LOVE THIS HOSTEL. Not because of the hostel- because of the people. I have stayed in this hostel 5 times in the last year, each time I have met lasting friends. This hostel has a really good backpacker culture vibe. Great location, acceptable rooms and bathrooms, but because it's HK some of the rooms are in a different building than the lobby. If you're looking for somewhere quiet and boring with good wifi try Yessin, but if you want a great time and lasting memories- stay here.

Overall I would recommend it. Not the best one if you're trying to make friends because the communal area is pretty tight.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7