Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

1956 Total Reviews

The hotel is in a good location. Comfortable beds as well as rooms. We got a recently refurbished room which was good, however a construction worker had free access to our room which made it feel a bit unsafe. Overall a good choice and highly recommended.

A really great hostel with friendly staff and at a brilliant location. The room was great for us, a young couple with a lovely shower and comfy bed. It was quiet on our floor which was really good for us, the wi-fi was brilliant and the staff were really helpful.

• 26th Jan 2015

Very friendly hostel with small but comfortable rooms. I needed to stay an extra night which was easily arranged with no fuss. Would rate higher if the wifi worked in the rooms as well as the communal area and wasn't so patchy.

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

Slept in an 8-bed room. Very comfy, cozy and spacious. Had an ensuite pantry with microwave and thus was very convenient for preparing light snacks and meals. A plus since the room was in a separate building from the reception. Great value for money and great location.

The Hong Kong standard is different from other backpacking cities. There is no place to cock or to do landery and the rooms are often very small. Hong Kong hostel had tiny rooms (witch is impossible to avoid if you choose to stay in hostels) you shower at the exact place as you go to the toilet. By that I mean there is no special space for showering, you can go to the toilet and at the same time shower. The hostel was in a nice, calm place in the city but not close to the main attractions.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Super good location(1min from the Metro), room was a bit humid and there were ants on the floor haha Dint really bother me though. The room was clean. Our bathroom water flush didnt work one day (dont know why) and bathroom kept smelling bed from the drain hole

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Perfect location for those who loved shopping and city life. Easy to ride around city close by subway, bus. Lovely staffs are here for sure.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Thailand

It's practically the best you can get for a hostel in a city like Hong Kong.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • China

Staff weren't helpful and the wifi is terrible at this hostel.

Rooms were clean, lockers provided in all rooms. Staff upgraded me to a better room when I arrived. Location was excellent, and directions to and from airport were awesome. Staff also spoke pretty good English, making it really easy to ask questions about where to go. Overall a really good hostel for the money.

• 16th Jan 2015

Very clean. Great Location. Friendly and helpful staff. Internet is fast but drops around every 10 minutes. Showers in the private room are required to be manually turned on 15-20 minutes before you shower and the hot water comes from a local tank meaning a shower can only be about 10-15 minutes. We had two people in our room so we needed to wait 20 minutes, one shower, then wait 20 minutes again for our partner. Shower system needs to be updated. Overall, great bargain. Highly recommended.

What really made the stay special to me was the staff. When I realized that I did not have enough currency exchanged to take the train (and make it to my flight on time) the owner exchanged it for me even though they do not usually exchange Taiwanese money. That really saved my rear.

• 16th Jan 2015

good hostel, nice stuff, not really easy to find, all in all a good hostel

No hot water first day...( maybe I used the shower in wrong way...), and the wifi is only provided in public area, super unstable... :( Super convenient to the MTR station, located @ busy causeway bay, U can get everything u want. Good for short stay...

• 10th Jan 2015
  • China

great customer service

• 9th Jan 2015

no wifi connection in the room on the 6th floor, very nice and helpful staff!

sometimes wifi did not working. but manager is so kind. near the guest house, causeway staion is there. so easy to go another place.

Man at reception not helpful at all, however the young girl was very keen to help.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

The rooms Are extremely small, and the furniture is old. I had a dresser which was broken. My luggage was on the floor all time. No tables to be Used. No comfty at all. I have no way to walk in the room. I think is Overpriced. The staff is really nice.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

The staff are FANTASTIC helping me with great advice on getting to different places and also assisting me get the airport bus, which is just around the corner from the hostel. This was my second time staying here in a year and I will definitely return the next time I am in HoingKong. Tom

• 6th Jan 2015