Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

2020 Total Reviews

Good hostel at an excellent price for Hong Kong. Easy to find -- there's only one door labelled "47 Paterson St", which leads right to the lifts (the building's other doors have different street numbers). It's also a very short walk to Causeway Bay MTR.

• 21st Feb 2015

Rooms are located in another building two blocks away from the front desk. Bathrooms didn't have toilet paper, with no way to get in touch with reception other than trekking two blocks in the middle of the night to get more. In a dingy and run down old building but fantastic location and friendly enough staff. Wouldn't be my first pick, but not a bad option in a jam.

If you're sensitive to noise, don't agree to sleep in the room where windows are looking onto the street, impossible to sleep.

The Hostel was really nice our room was clean. The location was amazing, the wifi worked perfectly. Overall a great experience.

I have only awesome things to say about this place! Not only were the rooms great and the beds comfortable, but the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I stayed with another friend, and we both had a great time!

• 18th Feb 2015

I love staying at Hong Kong Hostel. To be honest I'm not really a hostel type person. I prefer a hotel room with my own bathroom, but since Hong Kong is so expensive... I come to Hong Kong about 4 times a year and every time I come I stay at Hong Kong Hostel. I love the location, right in the middle of Causeway Bay, close to the MTR and great shopping. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are good. The staff is always extremely helpful and nice. I recommend Hong Kong Hostel to anyone.

• 15th Feb 2015

Excellent location 3 minutes walking from Causeway Bay subway stop. The room was clean. Small, but this is HK. The bathroom looked like it had been recently renovated. The shower temperature and pressure was perfect!

Water not so hot

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

The best location for a hostel type accommodation you could ever find!

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Singapore

Accommodations were very basic, and the room was very cramped, not exactly comfortable, but it's Hong Kong and for the price, it was hard to pass up. Although, I might splurge and spend a few more bucks a night, for a bit more space next time in Hong Kong. No major complaints (minus a minor mix-up with telling a new guest my bed was theirs). I don't think I'd stay here again though. Wifi was really poor, which was inconvenient for all guests. Met some great people though!

The location is perfect - you are right in the middle of everything. But this isn't a hostel in a traditional sense as its rooms are spread not only over different floors but also buildings. I ended up in a flat with 2 four-bed rooms that had its own kitchen and some kind of living room. it wasn't bad at all minus the quirky images of dogs everywhere which made me feel like I broke into some fetishist's house.

The hostel provided me with what I needed - a bed for a few nights. Meanwhile I got to enjoy Hong Kong and meet some fun people at the hostel!

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Lithuania

ended up in a place that is not part of the hostel. few blocks, over, it was someones apartment. (that he and his family) lived in. there is no lobby, and 0 facilities. very disappointing. maybe its not like that in the main building but they only tell u where u are staying after u arrived and after u paid the full amount.

Simple and everything needed plus location is tops

Very happy and thankful that we found a clean stylish room for such a good price! I will stay there again.

• 4th Feb 2015
  • South Africa

For these three nights I stayed in a 3 bed female dorm just off the main lobby area. It was a brightly colored and well lit (window) room I really enjoyed. It had 2 lockers for 3 bunks. Shower out in the hall. I would request this room or similar if I stay again in the future if possible. I prefer being near the main lobby as opposed to the other blocks. Some people found it noisy due to people hanging out in the lounge but I didn't mind.

Nice location in the middle of all the shops and on the corner VictoriaPark. Metro station 1 min walk. Room is on Hong Kong style so that means really small room and shower (8 min warm water) next the toilet. I like it because it gaves me more the Hong Kong experience!

I've stayed in Hong Kong a few times and this was the nicest cheap hostel by far! It's Hong Kong so anything cheap is going to be tiny of course, but the beds were very comfortable, the hot water worked longer than 10 seconds (Hallelujah!), and the bed and pillows were surprisingly comfy! Know that the room will be a closet and the place isn't super fancy, but there is a little common area downstairs and the staff were very helpful. The airport bus is SUPER easy to get and came right on time.

Excellent location! However, internet was poor to nonexistent. Then there is situation with the hostel fighting the building management who owns the building. There is sign that says that the hostel is illegally operating inside the building, and that you are break the law by staying there.

I stayed in two different rooms during this time. The first night I arrived very late - so Sam put me in a double private room instead of a dorm so I wouldn't wake people in the dorm up; without charging for that upgrade. Another female traveler came back later and joined the double room. No problem. The second room was a 3 bunk female dorm - the bathroom in that room leaked into the room a bit because the door didn't close properly. It was also rather dark in the room; needs another light.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7