Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

We had booked a room with shared bathroom and they gave us a room with private bathroom for the same price, excellent! Good location in HK Island, close to subway and Victoria Park. Free coffee and tea in the mornings. Free useful maps. Staff helpful and friendly, but maybe they need more personnel at the desk in rush hours. Overall, maybe the best value for money in Hong Kong.

The hostel itself is a little bit old. However, friendly staffs and downtown location still worths a lot for such a low price in HK. As for the warning at the ground floor, the hostel doesn't use any gas or fire so just ignore the security guard and head to the reception without difficulties. Overall I would recommend this hostel for anyone on a tight budget

what a small room!

• 4th Oct 2014
  • China

It's hard to rate this place b/c it's an apartment room. They basically own apartment rooms and then rent them out as hostel rooms. We checked in at the desk and then a lady took us back down the elevator, across the street & back up another elevator to our room. That said, the people/staff were awesome and the atmosphere, although somewhat unusual, turned out to be pretty cool once we were in our room. Socialization is easy because you are all sharing an apartment. Cleanliness was okay.

Good location and friendly staff!

The hostel is lokated in several different buildings. Depending on where your room is lokated the common area and other facilities might be really good or just convenient. Therebis basically no kitchenarea. Chrap stay for the night.

The hostel was ridiculously small. The bathroom didn't have a shower curtain and was also incredibly small, meaning everything got wet. When it came to checking in/checking out there was only ever one staff member at the desk, meaning the process was tedious and long. The whole time we stayed there, there was building works going on - meant you woken up at a ridiculous hour. Next time I will definitely pay more to stay somewhere better.

• 1st Oct 2014

I had a nice single room, which had AC, and was pretty roomy, especially for HK. Great location, close to MTR station and surronded by shops, restaurants, cafes anyway. Staff helpful, good wifi too. Would definitely stay here next time i come back to HK!

great hostel..great atmosphere, lots of friendly likeminded backpackers. common area could do with aircon and some comfy seats but nice enough. safe location in shopping area of causeway, close to metro and bus stops. staff very helpful. small kitchen which is really handy. rooms and bathrooms clean. loved our stay here!!

Great location, 5 minutes from Times Square. Room was tiny but comfortable. I'd stay there again!

The staff have made the best of mediocre facilities but would recommend it and would happily stay there again

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Location perfect , price is ok but Cleanliness could be better

• 26th Sep 2014

Doing a bit of construction at the moment, but it's not loud and doesn't disturb anyone; there's just some supplies piled in the hallway. Room is clean, but small, but it's Hong Kong, so that's to be expected. Common area is small, but a good environment for hanging out with other travelers.

Staff is super unfriendly and I felf uncomfortable after I read the sign at the front door which said that the hostel is illegally operated, because the hostel rented several apartments in a residential area, but since they own several hostels in this area, I didn't have another choice than to stay there for the night. But at least - it was very clean and very central.

• 24th Sep 2014

Nice little area to meet people and make friends by reception

Great value

The hostel wasn't great compared to other places we've stayed for the same price. We were moved to another building which had 'better wifi' but walking into the lounge of that apartment was like a communal room with about 8 bunk beds and by the looks of it no AC. The lady I charge of that apartment was nice and friendly, I can't fault her. We were just expecting a but more for our buck in terms of room size and the bathrooms. Only rated cleanliness low because a cockroach came under the door.

Very bad wifi

while I really really enjoyed my stay here I felt many of the day shift staff were either were either very rude or otherwise unhelpful to myself and some other guests. One of the staff actually took it upon herself to yell at my friend for sleeping on the couch while waiting to check in. night staff was cool tho.I stayed in a private room but i know many ppl who complained that the 9BED dorms were very loud and hot bc of all the ppl. location makes it worth staying here tho.

Nice place. I did however stay in the threeman dorm from the photos. Some nights alone, so they tried to move me. Other rooms were rather small and cramped so I politely declined to move. :-) 24 hour posh supermaret with deli cross the street. Cute cat. 100 meters to subway. Stuff to improve: If not locks on the bathroom accordion doors at least give them some nontransparent covering. Could see in if so inclined. Aircon in the common room would be nice. Was quite stuffy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7