Hong Kong Hostel Reviews

A1, 3/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Ok hostel, fine location and clean beds. Like many places in Hong Kong it is very small and some rooms don't have windows. The bathrooms were very old and mouldy but had hot water for showers. Staff wasn't speaking much english so they weren't much help when checking in as if having questions. They could not tell me how to get to the airport at night. Aircon was good in my room and there were lockers big enough to fit my backpack. Wifi was only in common areas and not always working.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

Maybe inform travellers beforehand that tou hostel has rooms located in a different building and that people living there have to come to the other building for reception etc. In addition to that it should be mentiones that there is a cat living in the hostel because some people might have a cat hair allergy. it didnt affect me personally so I had a great stay.

Not a good wifi connection and the staff were a little confused, but very kind. The room wasn't in very good conditions but it was as clean as possible. The location was amazing.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Room photos on website seem much better than actual room. No hooks in bathroom to hang clothes and towels. Half of shower door was missing. Only one available socket to charge electronic devicesdevices, insufficient. I don't mind the cramped room, just need hooks, shelves or bars to hang clothes and bags

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Room smelled bad and had no windows. However, staff changed me when I asked for it. Also saw a rat in the corridors. But bathrooms are clean and the location in really good, close to Causeway Bay metro station.

Staff very helpful. Towel rental was free for us but not sure if it's like that during the busy season. Very clean, newly remodeled/painted room. Great overall!

• 20th Jun 2015

Excellent hostel, good atmosphere good size lockers in the room (although mine fell off the hinges when opening but was otherwise secure) Need to fix the air conditioning in the common room, the rooms air conditioning is excellent! Locker in room 2 level 3 (top right) falls off it's hinges Wifi doesn't work in room 2 level 3 but heard it works elsewhere

This was a great stay! Central location, easy to get to. Stifling in the building itself, but it's HK. I would definitely stay here again if I am ever back in HK. Thanks for a great trip.

• 15th Jun 2015

Very good hostel and staff. Enjoyed the stay.

This hostel is great value for money as Hong kong is expensive amd the location is great. The facilities are basic but clean. We only for a private room with shared bathroom but was upgraded to a room with an ensuite. The main issue I found was with the staff, they were polite but did seem annoyed if asked questions. They also told us the scanner was broken and wanted to charge 7hkd per page to do scan for us. It turns out the scanner was fine.

The hostel is enclosed in between the concrete jungle, with hogh rise biilding on all sides. Not much daylight seeps through. My room did not have window and was very small, standard for Hong Kong. There is basically no kitchen and only about two forks and a spoon. It is very dark and stuffy inside the hostel. The only advantage is it is cheap and located in the centre district.

We gave this room to you as we want to upgrade you to 3 Bed dormitory which is higher in value. If you prefer bigger dormitories, you may request a change of room which is always welcome. Your room is near to our common area which consists of a small pantry with some simple cooking facilities (electric cooking pot , rice cooker and mircowave oven).hopefully next time if you have any requests please come to us directly and we will try our best to help you. Thank you. Regards, Hong Kong Hostel

Great hostel in an absolutely perfect location! Staff is really nice, wifi is really good (despite the reviews), clean beds, good bathrooms. What else do you want in the center of HongKong?

The toilet and the shower were not separated. The place was a little unclean.

• 9th Jun 2015

staff need customer service training.... very rude and unprofessional.

I gave a low mark for facilities just because the WiFi was so bad, and also the toilets seemed to always be out of toilet paper, but otherwise this was a really cool hostel with a great locaton and a good vibe.

Thanks for your comment and support. We will improve on the areas that you mention. Hope you will come and stay again. Thanks and enjoy your coming trip! Regards, Hong Kong Hostel

Great location if you like shopping and exploring the city. It's close to the Victoria Park and the HK Central Library. Easy to get around and get food. Staff are pretty friendly and are capable of speaking multiple languages. Depending which floor/room you get, cleanliness and atmosphere will be different

Internet kept dropping out.

• 27th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Good location but kitchen needs some cutlery

Toilet paper should be stocked. Guests should be advised that our private rooms were being accessed to change the bins on a daily basis.

This was my second stay here -- it's the best value for money among HK hostels (Kowloon, no way). If you value "charm", look elsewhere. But for convenience -- central location, clean beds, flawless wifi, efficient and friendly staff, and many options (if you wish to extend your stay, switch to a different room etc) this is an amazing deal in an expensive city. 24-hour supermarket, tram and metro stops just downstairs. I come to HK every year and for this price I'll keep staying here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7