Hong Kong Inn Reviews

A1, 10/F, 47 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

broken shower holder make it annoying to hold shower head while you washing yourself. Towel are not included so its not really value for money because we had to go out and buy two towels which is a hassle for us.

Very nice hostel. Location is good. The rooms are very small but I guess that's normal in Hong Kong. Would stay there again.

Friendly staff, if you are lucky you can get a nice haircut and an Erhu performance! Great location, so convenient.

Recommended! I stayed alone, and it was pretty good! Comfortable and clean. The area is very convenient and cool! :)

• 30th May 2014
  • Colombia

The reception girl was very nice.Everything was perfect,except my room.I couldn't sleep well ,because of the sound of water dropping from the air conditioner .And the two buddies in our room kept snoring!!!! I hope when I come back next time,the things will go well.

• 24th May 2014
  • China

Came from phuket to hostel only 4 am with my wife, tired, woman at reception didn't speak English. Then appear man, I asked him about my room, the answer was - you can settle only before 12, showed me rules on paper, there was written, if costumer comes after 12, he loses half of time, it's was OK for us, we needed room only for shower and change closes. Man on reception said he won't let us and goes sleep, omg, then he demand 480 dollars for room, when I started to wake him. Thx gerk.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Russia

Awesome place to stay

Top level hostel in Hong Kong. The padlocks they sell in the reception are all identical though, which means that just one of the keys fits into all similar locks. So just don't bother with those.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Finland

Great value for money, ideally located in a lively neighborhood. I really have nothing bad to say about the hostel apart from the fact that it seems to be, according to papers stuck in the hallways and elevators of the building, operating illegally.

Amy is amazing!!!! Clean room with a warm bed and hot shower. Close to the MTR with loads of shops and restaurants nearby. A11 airport coach just around the corner. One of the best value for money places I've stayed. I've stayed here a few times and will gladly stay again. Amy even remembered my name from last time!

• 10th Apr 2014

Cheap for private rooms but very very basic.

Great staff! Regardless of some minor language barriers, they are switched on and manage the place well. Location is ideal, access to a great supermarket directly across the road, 2 min walk to the Airport Bus, metro station, trams, buses, banks, 7-11 store (sim card, top ups, drinks - incl alcoholic) at all hours, street stalls, McDonalds, shopping precinct. Basic clean accomodation in a great location!

I met a lot of travelers in this hostel.The reception was also helpful they gave me a free city map.The reception is 24 hrs so can check in any time.I didn`t have my laptop so I used the free computers in the lobby.

I have be a customer here for nearly ten years and Sam is the man.

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Worst hostel I've ever been to. I've travelled through all Asian countries and never seen a place like this before. They placed me in another building (not the one shown in hostelworld) which was extremely old, dirty and smelly. When I arrived at 23.45 at the hostel (I previously sent 2 mails to let them know I was arriving late) my room wasn't ready yet and they made me wait. The sheets were dirty and the shower filled with other people's hair.The most disgusting and expensive hostel in Asia.

I really like the staff and the service, the people at reception are very nice and helpful.

• 28th Feb 2014

I have been coming here since 2010 and I still come back even today. The hostel is one of the most decent on the Island if you want to enjoy your stay.I love it!

I've stayed at this hotel before and am happy to have come back for a second visit. Location is unbeatable; it's directly in the heart of Causeway Bay. Staff are friendly and provide support for a number of traveler's issues, including finding the Airport Bus and getting around the city. WiFi in the facilities works well, and there was even a kitchen available for those staying in the private rooms. Will definitely stay here again when visiting HK.

• 3rd Feb 2014

The person we were sharing the mixed 3 bed room with made us uncomfortable but there's nothing to do about that.

• 2nd Feb 2014

No laundry in the room. The site itself is very confusing; staff room is located in another separate building across the street from the room I slept in. Without warning the laoban came in for cleaning and she doesn't speak English so you'll need Mandarin to communicate with her. Regardless, miles ahead of the Chungking Mansions for similar price...stay here.