Hong Kong Inn Reviews

A1, 10/F, 47 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

My stay was good, the staff was nice and friendly (even though I arrived only at 11pm), only my room mates were strange (but there's nothing to do about this, only maybe an earlier booking so you can get a private room). The rooms are small but clean. The bathroom got very humid during showers. They offer a baggage service for ceck-out day, they have PCs for use and free WiFi (which unfortunately does not work in all rooms), and you can buy drinks in the hostel. I would recommend it :)

• 1st Aug 2014

Ok, super small room like is usual in HK, but good enough for a couple of nights to explore the city. We were surprised though to read in the lobby of the building that the hostel operates in violation of the building's rule, as this is only for residential purpose. It would be good for the hostel to be upfront about this. We also found two cockroaches, which was nasty but weren't too bothered with it. Location is pretty good, very close to the metro, shopping area, cinema and supermarket.

First of all, I have paid for a 3 men dorms and on my first day, 2 chinese girls came to remove the single bed and literraly construct (without notice from the front desk) a double bed in front of me... So it was now a 4 beds dorm! I didn't get any money back. And also, there was girls in the dorm even if I was supposed to be in a men dorm XD I don't care that much but it shows how they are unorganized.. Toilet paper was not replaced and the wifi wasn't working for half of my stay. Go elsewhere

I had a pleasant stay in this well located hostel nearby causeway bay MTR station. Rooms were small but it's normal in Hong Kong and the price was good too. However, wifi sometimes had some troubles working, but when working it was really efficient ! Will definitely stay there again when visiting HK again

broken shower holder make it annoying to hold shower head while you washing yourself. Towel are not included so its not really value for money because we had to go out and buy two towels which is a hassle for us.

Very nice hostel. Location is good. The rooms are very small but I guess that's normal in Hong Kong. Would stay there again.

Friendly staff, if you are lucky you can get a nice haircut and an Erhu performance! Great location, so convenient.

Very good hostel for the price

this hostel has two different bldg. one has not reception desk.

Recommended! I stayed alone, and it was pretty good! Comfortable and clean. The area is very convenient and cool! :)

The reception girl was very nice.Everything was perfect,except my room.I couldn't sleep well ,because of the sound of water dropping from the air conditioner .And the two buddies in our room kept snoring!!!! I hope when I come back next time,the things will go well.

• 24th May 2014
  • China

Came from phuket to hostel only 4 am with my wife, tired, woman at reception didn't speak English. Then appear man, I asked him about my room, the answer was - you can settle only before 12, showed me rules on paper, there was written, if costumer comes after 12, he loses half of time, it's was OK for us, we needed room only for shower and change closes. Man on reception said he won't let us and goes sleep, omg, then he demand 480 dollars for room, when I started to wake him. Thx gerk.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Russia

Awesome place to stay

Top level hostel in Hong Kong. The padlocks they sell in the reception are all identical though, which means that just one of the keys fits into all similar locks. So just don't bother with those.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Finland

Great value for money, ideally located in a lively neighborhood. I really have nothing bad to say about the hostel apart from the fact that it seems to be, according to papers stuck in the hallways and elevators of the building, operating illegally.

Amy is amazing!!!! Clean room with a warm bed and hot shower. Close to the MTR with loads of shops and restaurants nearby. A11 airport coach just around the corner. One of the best value for money places I've stayed. I've stayed here a few times and will gladly stay again. Amy even remembered my name from last time!

• 10th Apr 2014

Cheap for private rooms but very very basic.

Great staff! Regardless of some minor language barriers, they are switched on and manage the place well. Location is ideal, access to a great supermarket directly across the road, 2 min walk to the Airport Bus, metro station, trams, buses, banks, 7-11 store (sim card, top ups, drinks - incl alcoholic) at all hours, street stalls, McDonalds, shopping precinct. Basic clean accomodation in a great location!

I met a lot of travelers in this hostel.The reception was also helpful they gave me a free city map.The reception is 24 hrs so can check in any time.I didn`t have my laptop so I used the free computers in the lobby.

I have be a customer here for nearly ten years and Sam is the man.

• 13th Mar 2014