Hong Kong Inn Reviews

A1, 10/F, 47 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Great staff! Regardless of some minor language barriers, they are switched on and manage the place well. Location is ideal, access to a great supermarket directly across the road, 2 min walk to the Airport Bus, metro station, trams, buses, banks, 7-11 store (sim card, top ups, drinks - incl alcoholic) at all hours, street stalls, McDonalds, shopping precinct. Basic clean accomodation in a great location!

I met a lot of travelers in this hostel.The reception was also helpful they gave me a free city map.The reception is 24 hrs so can check in any time.I didn`t have my laptop so I used the free computers in the lobby.

I have be a customer here for nearly ten years and Sam is the man.

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Worst hostel I've ever been to. I've travelled through all Asian countries and never seen a place like this before. They placed me in another building (not the one shown in hostelworld) which was extremely old, dirty and smelly. When I arrived at 23.45 at the hostel (I previously sent 2 mails to let them know I was arriving late) my room wasn't ready yet and they made me wait. The sheets were dirty and the shower filled with other people's hair.The most disgusting and expensive hostel in Asia.

I really like the staff and the service, the people at reception are very nice and helpful.

• 28th Feb 2014

I have been coming here since 2010 and I still come back even today. The hostel is one of the most decent on the Island if you want to enjoy your stay.I love it!

I've stayed at this hotel before and am happy to have come back for a second visit. Location is unbeatable; it's directly in the heart of Causeway Bay. Staff are friendly and provide support for a number of traveler's issues, including finding the Airport Bus and getting around the city. WiFi in the facilities works well, and there was even a kitchen available for those staying in the private rooms. Will definitely stay here again when visiting HK.

• 3rd Feb 2014

The person we were sharing the mixed 3 bed room with made us uncomfortable but there's nothing to do about that.

• 2nd Feb 2014

No laundry in the room. The site itself is very confusing; staff room is located in another separate building across the street from the room I slept in. Without warning the laoban came in for cleaning and she doesn't speak English so you'll need Mandarin to communicate with her. Regardless, miles ahead of the Chungking Mansions for similar price...stay here.

Stayed during Chinese New Year, excellent location short walk to mtr, cab, or bus. Quiet for as many people in area at time room was clean bed was soft bathroom bigger than most hostels. Bad on tenth floor no microwave, refrig not working, tv rec fuzzy, wifi poor this things could be accessed from 3rd floor though. Over all I enjoyed my stay price was right had no problems that affected my vacation stayed five nites will definitely consider staying again. thank you.

• 30th Jan 2014

The staff are always friendly and accommodating. Its a great place when traveling in and out of Hong Kong.

• 29th Jan 2014

Okay for value but dorms aren't so clean. Also the rooms only have broken blinds so it's very bright in the early morning or daytime if you are trying to sleep.

They provide a common hair blower, free water refill and room slippers. This is very convenient for light packers. They collect your trash everyday. The bed is quite hard. Appearance wise the hostel is okay because you won't be staying there the whole day. If you just need a place to sleep during the night this is a good hostel. :)

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Philippines

I always stay at this hostel when visiting Hong Kong, whether it is a weekend away or longer visit. I will never stay in any other hostel!!! The staff at Hong Kong Inn are all so friendly and helpful, excellent service every time I visit. On this past trip, I stayed in one of the newly renovated buildings in a private room. I would happily live in this room if they would let me!! Loved the colorful decor and very happy with the size and cleanliness of the room. Thanks for taking care of me! :)

It was almost good. But it was difficult to find location. Because there is no sign in front of building.

• 13th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Security was good except that our room door didn't latch automatically, so when the person came in to change the trash (presumably), they must've let the door close on its own assuming that it would latch and it didn't. We didn't lose any of our stuff, though. The location was perfect, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and the free coffee/tea in the mornings was a huge plus. The room wasn't extremely clean, but good enough. Great value overall.

• 11th Jan 2014

Good value/money ratio for Hong Kong, great location, but there was 2 annoying things: When I checked in, they said that my room is occupied and gave me a spare room for 1 night. That room belonged to Comfort Hostel (same building, different floor). I suspect that both hostels has one owner. Internet connection was too slow for such country as Hong Kong. And it didn't work sometimes.

Our room was not available, despite of we announced our time of arrival. No heater, no thermal insulation and single glazed windows - it was 10-12 degree in the room. We felt soo cold, we had to sleep with full clothes on.

• 30th Dec 2013

Many hostels in many different buildings are here. Staff is great and the location is awesome. On the same block as Causeway Bay metro and a short walk to plenty of awesome eats and a wash and fold laundry spot. Everything you could need is here. Spent the New Year's here so the price on hostelworld was outrageous if booking a bit late. Book ahead if during the holidays for cheaper prices. Not the fault of the hostel, but hostelworld sucks for jacking it up so much.

I m living in a 3 bed girls room. Soooooo good and I like the location and the safety environment. Strong recommendation !!