HongKong City Guesthouse Reviews

7/F, D3 Chungking Mansions, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The Filipino Staffs are very friendly :)

Unkindness,Discomfort,Dangerous ................DO NOT Reservation!!!! PLZ~!!!

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel staff were helpful, atmosphere and cleanliness subjected to the state of Chungking Mansions, thus might be out of hostel's control. Other than those, facilities provided were basic and inherently below average as compared to hostels in other countries.

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Singapore

Let's be honest, Hong Kong is generally very expensive and Chungking Mansions is one of the cheaper places to stay. I know you can read all over the internet that it isn't very safe but I experienced the opposite and didn't feel unsafe at all. There is no safe in the room so you're just gonna have to bring all your valuables out. The staff is very nice, I had a problem with a fellow traveller (I was staying in a dorm) and they offered to put me up in a single room until he left.

The hostel is well situated and one of the cheapest of the city (100HK$/night in dormitory), however there was only 1 bathroom (1 toilet, 1 sink and 1 shower) for 4 dormitories (6 persons in each I think), the general cleanliness of the bathroom and dormitories was poor (moisture on the walls and ceiling, very small bugs, at first I thought it was a 1mm spider but it looked like a humidity bug, and I also killed a bug that looked like a very small cockroach on my bed, but blood came out of it).

It is one of the cheapest place in Hong Kong, but for the price still really bad.

Thank you for booking with us. Sir, you have to consider that you are paying HKD 125 during weekend with free wifi, unlimited coffee/ tea, microwave, towel, toilet paper, hot water, drinking water in the prime location where accessible to all transportation (taxi, bus, mtr, star ferry). You cannot compare HKG price with other countries as Hkg is very expensive city.

Hello! I went to Hong Kong at this Chinese New Year! I stopped at City Guesthouse Hostel. I like this hostel, because it has good location (near Avenu of stars) so every evening you can go to the seaside and breath fresh air, also i like the staff, they i very polite, and always ready to help you)) especially Raaj from 6 floor. Also the price is very nice. Everobody go to HK an stop at the City Guesthouse hostel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Margarita, Ukraine

Loved my stay here, it's very basic but more of a cultural experience than somewhere nice to stay. I'd advise anyone staying here to read the BBC news article on the building - it's not for everyone http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24015987. Very basic but the staff were always friendly and helpful. I always felt safe, even when taking the back stairs alone (there is an elevator too). Lots of other tourists and friendly residents. Safety deposit box was a nice touch.

"you got what you paid". Great comment. Absolutely agree. Nice location, dirty hostel, but cheap.

we arrived in the morning and we had to wait for check in about 1 hour. Also outside of the hostel it is real rush and lot of creepy guys, but if you can manage to get to the hostel, it is a nice place, very clean, with great staff!

The hostel has nothing special, the rooms are very small and the bathrooms can become very dirty. Raj, a member of the staff is extremely helpful and kind, he helped me everytime I needed and was always asking if he could help on anyhting else

To stay at Chung King Mansions is an experience every backpacker should go through when visiting HK. The hole guesthouse structure is very safe given the location, we even had safety boxes in our room's with electronic locks. The room is small but you can still move. If you get a top BB be aware of the ceiling as you might hit your head against it. The staff is verry harsh and not very helpful, but we believe the price of it makes up to it.

Excellent thank you good

Excellent thank you good

This hostel is part of the Chunking Mansion conglomerate, which is worth experiencing at least once. I stayed a week in a couple different types of rooms and found it to be clean and secure. Raj, the laundry guy was particularly nice, offering me an alternate shower one day when the dorm shower (shared between like 20 people, so often occupied) was full. Downsides for me would be the state of disrepair in dorm bathroom, no common room, no key to room, and general sketchiness. Wifi excellent.

I LOVED this place. Raj is the best host I ever had in my round the world trip! Would highly recommend staying here, and try the dorm rooms 601/602 or the twin private 630 for some more luxury and your own bathroom.

I know a property in HK is not cheap, especially in the downtown. However, this hostel is in a building where there are so many people going in and out. The stairs are narrow and dirty. When it comes to the room, I have to say, it`s so tiny!

The staff specially sherry and the other lady ( I forgot the name) are very helpful and could provide useful guides and pointers in HongKong. The bathroom was small. You've got to learn the technic to get out of this room successfully if you are a little big.

Hong Kong is pretty expensive but the Hongkong City hostel offers a reasonable price. The hostel staff, especially Raj, is very nice and helpful.

Good, clean, basic Hostel, polite staff, a good place to stay for Backpackers and people travelling with a low budget. After hearing a lot of bad things about Chungking mansion and after seeing the entrance area, I was positively surprised by this hostel. Will go there again if I am to go back to Hongkong

• 24th Nov 2013