9.2
Superb 137 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 137 Total Reviews
Hongdae Birdsnest Hostel Located at 561-34 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul.
South Korea
Seoul Mapo-Gu, Seoul 561-34 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu
92% 137
37.5610316 126.9212669
    Rooms available

5th Aug 2016

This was my first time staying in a hostel, and it was an amazing experience! Mateja the former manager is awesome and super accomodating, but she's unfortunately not here anymore :( The people staying in the hostel with me were super awesome, the facilities are great, the hostel is very secure, and Hongdae is a fantastic place in Seoul for tourists/foreigners to be. I have basically no complaints of this place and would absolutely recommend!

28th Jul 2016

Say hi to Mareja for me!! Loved exploring Seoul here. Ate a lot of free toast and used a lot of free towels so it was very good for me

• USA, Female, 18-24
28th Jul 2016

This hostel is amazing! The staff is extremely welcoming. You essentially stay in their house and that's how they treat you, like guests in their own home. If I end up back in Seoul, I will 100% stay here again!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
13th Jul 2016

Easily one of my favorite hostels. The moment I arrived I felt very welcome by the management and everyone staying there. They were extremely flexible and did everything possible to make sure I was comfortable. Very clean and well kept areas. Extended another week. Will be coming back if I return to Korea. Also a great location to see the younger Korean lifestyle. So many options for food and easy to get anywhere from the hostel. Highly recommend it for a long or a short stay.

• Belgium, Male, 18-24
6th Jul 2016

Nice place to stay in Séoul ! Close to Hongdae and Hongik university Station, the house was clean, my room was confortable and the staff was very cool and friendly.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
2nd Jul 2016

Great location and nice little house with a very homey feeling. Has everything you need - free towels to use everyday put in the common area (never seen this before), kitchen, hairdryer, dressing table in common area, fast reliable wifi. Showers and toilets were clean, bed was comfortable and doors were locked with passcode at night which made it feel more secure. I didn't really hang out with people because I had alot of plans already but felt that it would be pretty easy to meet people!

• Sao Tome And Principe, Female, 18-24
25th Jun 2016

This is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The location is extremely convenient to get around, but you'll soon find yourself wanting to have lazy days at *home*. The beds are comfortable, the place is clean and safe. There is free bread, tea, jam, coffee, rice, travel brochures... The atmosphere and the staff are what I liked the most. I totally recommend it if you're a solo traveler. The best memories I'll have of Seoul are because of the people I met at Birdsnest.

• Australia, Male, 41+
23rd Jun 2016

Great location and very close to everything you might need in Seoul. Very clean and well maintained. The manager Mateja does a great job making sure everyone feels at home. Excellent facilities for a long or a short term stay, eg kitchen, fridge, microwave. It would be good if the place had bigger lockers for storing luggage. I would definitely stay again at this hostel.

14th Jun 2016

Fun and friendly! The staff there were warm and made me feel right at home. The location was great -- right near Hongik University -- and the private room I got was modest but clean. It seemed a bit expensive for what it was, but I guess it's not that expensive for Seoul? One thing to be aware of is that there is a washing machine on the premises, but not a dryer, so you'll need to sun-dry your clothes (weather permitting). Fortunately, there's also a coin-op laundromat not too far away.

3rd Jun 2016
7.7

Everything was good. from location, cleanliness, atmoshpere and facilities. They even provide you luggage storage even you are done with your stay! The only thing I would like to point out is that the staff forgot to give my change. When she doesnt have enough change on the day I arrived, she told me she will list it down and give it to me the next day. But it didnt happen and we both forgot it until I leave. It's my fault at the same time i guess. Other than that, everything is good.