Superb 130 Total Reviews
Superb 130 Total Reviews
Hongdae Birdsnest Hostel Located at 561-34 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul.
South Korea
Seoul Mapo-Gu, Seoul 561-34 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu
91% 130
37.5610316 126.9212669
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 18-24
13th Jul 2016

Easily one of my favorite hostels. The moment I arrived I felt very welcome by the management and everyone staying there. They were extremely flexible and did everything possible to make sure I was comfortable. Very clean and well kept areas. Extended another week. Will be coming back if I return to Korea. Also a great location to see the younger Korean lifestyle. So many options for food and easy to get anywhere from the hostel. Highly recommend it for a long or a short stay.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
2nd Jul 2016

Great location and nice little house with a very homey feeling. Has everything you need - free towels to use everyday put in the common area (never seen this before), kitchen, hairdryer, dressing table in common area, fast reliable wifi. Showers and toilets were clean, bed was comfortable and doors were locked with passcode at night which made it feel more secure. I didn't really hang out with people because I had alot of plans already but felt that it would be pretty easy to meet people!

• Sao Tome And Principe, Female, 18-24
25th Jun 2016

This is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The location is extremely convenient to get around, but you'll soon find yourself wanting to have lazy days at *home*. The beds are comfortable, the place is clean and safe. There is free bread, tea, jam, coffee, rice, travel brochures... The atmosphere and the staff are what I liked the most. I totally recommend it if you're a solo traveler. The best memories I'll have of Seoul are because of the people I met at Birdsnest.

• Australia, Male, 41+
23rd Jun 2016

Great location and very close to everything you might need in Seoul. Very clean and well maintained. The manager Mateja does a great job making sure everyone feels at home. Excellent facilities for a long or a short term stay, eg kitchen, fridge, microwave. It would be good if the place had bigger lockers for storing luggage. I would definitely stay again at this hostel.

14th Jun 2016

Fun and friendly! The staff there were warm and made me feel right at home. The location was great -- right near Hongik University -- and the private room I got was modest but clean. It seemed a bit expensive for what it was, but I guess it's not that expensive for Seoul? One thing to be aware of is that there is a washing machine on the premises, but not a dryer, so you'll need to sun-dry your clothes (weather permitting). Fortunately, there's also a coin-op laundromat not too far away.

3rd Jun 2016
7.7

Everything was good. from location, cleanliness, atmoshpere and facilities. They even provide you luggage storage even you are done with your stay! The only thing I would like to point out is that the staff forgot to give my change. When she doesnt have enough change on the day I arrived, she told me she will list it down and give it to me the next day. But it didnt happen and we both forgot it until I leave. It's my fault at the same time i guess. Other than that, everything is good.

14th May 2016

Great place to stay in Seoul! Very friendly and helpful staff (especially Mateja! =D) that really gives their best to make your stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible! Location is perfect near a metro station and the business of Hongdae district, always nice in the evenings! The atmosphere is also great, with a nice garden to enjoy the beautiful mornings of spring in Seoul. I met great people during my stay and really enjoyed it a lot! Highly recommended!