9.0
Superb 141 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 141 Total Reviews
Hongdae Birdsnest Hostel Located at 561-34 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul.
South Korea
Seoul Mapo-Gu, Seoul 561-34 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu
90% 141
37.5610316 126.9212669
    Rooms available

• Germany, Female, 18-24
11th Sep 2016

Best place to stay! :) It is very easy to meet new people and the staff is very open and friendly. I'll stay there next time again! :)

• England, Female, 25-30
25th Aug 2016
3.4

The instructions for finding it were ambiguous so that wasn't a great start. There are lots of locals that 'hang out' there that aren't necessarily staying or working there. They had showers and toilets although not enough and not all had locks on. Also they were mixed. There were a variety of strange things happening while we were here. We were also offered drugs by a drunk local that came in at 6am as we were getting up who said he used to work there, not all that secure. xx

5th Aug 2016

This was my first time staying in a hostel, and it was an amazing experience! Mateja the former manager is awesome and super accomodating, but she's unfortunately not here anymore :( The people staying in the hostel with me were super awesome, the facilities are great, the hostel is very secure, and Hongdae is a fantastic place in Seoul for tourists/foreigners to be. I have basically no complaints of this place and would absolutely recommend!

28th Jul 2016

Say hi to Mareja for me!! Loved exploring Seoul here. Ate a lot of free toast and used a lot of free towels so it was very good for me

• USA, Female, 18-24
28th Jul 2016

This hostel is amazing! The staff is extremely welcoming. You essentially stay in their house and that's how they treat you, like guests in their own home. If I end up back in Seoul, I will 100% stay here again!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
13th Jul 2016

Easily one of my favorite hostels. The moment I arrived I felt very welcome by the management and everyone staying there. They were extremely flexible and did everything possible to make sure I was comfortable. Very clean and well kept areas. Extended another week. Will be coming back if I return to Korea. Also a great location to see the younger Korean lifestyle. So many options for food and easy to get anywhere from the hostel. Highly recommend it for a long or a short stay.

• Belgium, Male, 18-24
6th Jul 2016

Nice place to stay in Séoul ! Close to Hongdae and Hongik university Station, the house was clean, my room was confortable and the staff was very cool and friendly.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
2nd Jul 2016

Great location and nice little house with a very homey feeling. Has everything you need - free towels to use everyday put in the common area (never seen this before), kitchen, hairdryer, dressing table in common area, fast reliable wifi. Showers and toilets were clean, bed was comfortable and doors were locked with passcode at night which made it feel more secure. I didn't really hang out with people because I had alot of plans already but felt that it would be pretty easy to meet people!

• Sao Tome And Principe, Female, 18-24
25th Jun 2016

This is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The location is extremely convenient to get around, but you'll soon find yourself wanting to have lazy days at *home*. The beds are comfortable, the place is clean and safe. There is free bread, tea, jam, coffee, rice, travel brochures... The atmosphere and the staff are what I liked the most. I totally recommend it if you're a solo traveler. The best memories I'll have of Seoul are because of the people I met at Birdsnest.

• Australia, Male, 41+
23rd Jun 2016

Great location and very close to everything you might need in Seoul. Very clean and well maintained. The manager Mateja does a great job making sure everyone feels at home. Excellent facilities for a long or a short term stay, eg kitchen, fridge, microwave. It would be good if the place had bigger lockers for storing luggage. I would definitely stay again at this hostel.