Hongdae Guesthouse Reviews

#302 Paradisetel, 159 -6 Dongkyodong, Seoul, South Korea

This is my second time on the guesthouse and i'm quite disappointed when i know they assign me to other locations (not the main one at Paradisetel) but Mary really nice in assisted us to finally able to stay at my desire location.

This hostel location is so perfect. Its practically on top of subway station and in front of it is the main bus stop. you can get various buses even the airport limo bus from the stop.

We've been well received by the Guesthouse staffs. The manager of the guesthouse is an awesome lady, Mary. Mary, I miss you! Hope to see you again in future. I'll sure get back to Hongdae Guesthouse in the future. Your hospitable nature is out of the world. My heartfelt thanks to all the staffs. You guys are very friendly and attentive and helped us in our tour bookings and directions and what not, almost in everything. Love you guys! Keep up the good work.

I really wanted to like this place but I have mixed feelings. Mary was very helpful when I emailed her. The location is amazing and there were many signs to show me how to get to the hostel check in. There was a kitchen & hairdryer available. I loved that this hostel gives full-size bath towels. Most Korean hostels only have a large hand towel. But the bathroom always smelled mildewy and there was black mold all on the ceiling. I think the vent doesn't work and there are no windows in there.

Thank you for the comment. Thank you for the good point and bad point. We will try to keep the good aspect and we will improve better place from bad point. Actually we did ~! especially we spent lots time to make it clean. no mole now. :) Without review , I know we were not good enough. with reviews, we can make better~ Thank you very much ! Mary

We had a twin room with the ensuite, and liked our stay. The best part of this guesthouse is definitely the location, it's right by a subway exit and across the street from forever21. The bathroom could've been cleaner, and the heater was a bit tricky - it was either boiling hot or freezing. The room was on the smaller size and we could've hoped for a fridge, but loved the fact that there was a water dispenser in the room.

Great location. Spacious dorms. Lovely staff. Not the first time I've been here. Their partner hostel Yellow Submarine is also good and slightly better for socialising with other travellers (outside of your dorm), but not quite as convenient location to the metro.

Unbeatable location. Big dorm rooms. Great staff. I've stayed in Hongdae Guesthouse a number of times because I like it so much. The sister-guesthouse Yellow Submarine is a little quieter due to the location and more social due to the spaces and cafe.

very pleased with the guesthouse. Booked a room for three but was pleasantly upgraded to a room for 5 on the high floor with a good view. The room is also clean and very comfortable. Mary was very friendly

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Singapore

Good service by the owners and staff, rooms can be cleaner.