Hongdae Guesthouse Reviews

#302 Paradisetel, 159 -6 Dongkyodong, Seoul, South Korea

We had a twin room with the ensuite, and liked our stay. The best part of this guesthouse is definitely the location, it's right by a subway exit and across the street from forever21. The bathroom could've been cleaner, and the heater was a bit tricky - it was either boiling hot or freezing. The room was on the smaller size and we could've hoped for a fridge, but loved the fact that there was a water dispenser in the room.

Great location. Spacious dorms. Lovely staff. Not the first time I've been here. Their partner hostel Yellow Submarine is also good and slightly better for socialising with other travellers (outside of your dorm), but not quite as convenient location to the metro.

Unbeatable location. Big dorm rooms. Great staff. I've stayed in Hongdae Guesthouse a number of times because I like it so much. The sister-guesthouse Yellow Submarine is a little quieter due to the location and more social due to the spaces and cafe.

very pleased with the guesthouse. Booked a room for three but was pleasantly upgraded to a room for 5 on the high floor with a good view. The room is also clean and very comfortable. Mary was very friendly

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Singapore

Good service by the owners and staff, rooms can be cleaner.

It's a lot more than one would expect for the price that is paid. The staff are very good.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Good location, very clean... very interesting hostel

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

I stayed in 8 beds but actually its 9 beds. The best from this guesthouse is the location. The staff was good and much help. The room is clean if your neighbor is clean too. Everything is depend on your neighbor, whether you can sleep or not.

Thank you for have coming back and the review ! I could guess you are already in your country. Sometimes like in summer vacation, we have many guests who want to stay together and last min join person too. While you stayed here, there were a bunch of friends team except three guests. Sorry about the noisy. I hope you were here in different time. They are nice friends each other. but noisy to other guests. Really sorry about that. Please come back again ! Mary, the host.

Great place to stay in Hongdae. I love the location! Very convenient. The washroom+toilets are a bit old to me, but stil very fine. I would come back again next time!

Thank you for the review! Yes,the room's bathroom you stayed is older than others. So we could change toilet and sink.~ I think its time to renovate the room's bathroom in very soon. Thank you for having stayed with us here ! Thank you again. Mary, the host of Hongdae guesthouse

I was staying in a dorm with 9 beds. Very sad because the toilet was so dirty. The room very messy. The location is very good and very near with the subway.

Thank you for the review. I'm so sorry to hear the inconvenience. I have fired the staff who took care of the room. And a new staff is doing really well. So our guests happier. Thank you again for the comment. Thank you !! Mary, the host of Hongdae guesthouse

Great stay, very friendly staff. Would definitely stay there again!

• 5th Jul 2014

Thank you for the review ! You know what ? more than 40 % guests coming back who stayed here before. So, yes see you next time. Thank you. Mary, the host of Hongdae guesthouse

The main benefit of this hostel is the great location right outside Hongik University Station. However, it was a bit hot in the room and the bathroom could be much cleaner. The room in general was a bit messy with clutter. If all you want is a place to crash in the Hongdae area, the location is great for the money.

Thank you for the review ! I have read it and hired new staff and now~ we have clean bathroom. I should have been better supervisor. the review was very helpful for us to make it better. ! thank you again. Mary, the host of Hongdae guesthouse

Elevator from the subway station is under construction. Location is perfect and easy to find. Free towel and breakfast. It's a good solid choice especially if you need to be near Hongdae.

• 23rd Jun 2014