Hongdae Guesthouse Reviews

#302 Paradisetel, 159 -6 Dongkyodong, Seoul, South Korea

Mary was very helpful.I stayed here for only one night this time but she offered great help to me. First, she helped me with my phone card. She called CS for me because I couldn't understand Korean. Second, I got a fracture due to slip and fall and she recommended me to a good hospital and let me have a translation in Korean so that I could pass it to the doctor and taxi driver. She also treated the guests pizza and we had a nice chat. Also, the location of the hostel is excellent as always.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

Mary was so cute and really nice to us. When we first arrived, some things were missing in our room but as soon as we told the staff, they brought it to our room and eberything was ok then. The location was also great, with a wonderful view!!

Great place, fantastic location in Hongdae. Professional and clean.

Yes. Great. Location. People were nice as well. I 'll stay here again next time.

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Japan

Always a great stay at hongdae guesthouse and Mary as always is very kind and accommodating. Everything you need for stay in seoul is here. Much much better than being in a hotel. Thanks again Mary!

Thank you so much for positive review ! I never been shy. but now I am shy ! Me and all of our members ( staffs ) will do our best. Really appreciate that you came back and stayed again in Seoul. I wish I could travel Philippine again too~ Thank you a lot . ! ^^ Mary

This is my second time on the guesthouse and i'm quite disappointed when i know they assign me to other locations (not the main one at Paradisetel) but Mary really nice in assisted us to finally able to stay at my desire location.

Thank you for the review.~ I did not know you could not see the details of different location on customer aspect. I will ask hostelworld to see the details on booking page. Sorry about that. And I was happy also to have solved it ~! Thank you very much. ! Mary

This hostel location is so perfect. Its practically on top of subway station and in front of it is the main bus stop. you can get various buses even the airport limo bus from the stop.

Thank you so much for the review ! I know its not easy to leave review after we come back to normal life from overseas trip.! Thank you very much. Sincerely, Mary

We've been well received by the Guesthouse staffs. The manager of the guesthouse is an awesome lady, Mary. Mary, I miss you! Hope to see you again in future. I'll sure get back to Hongdae Guesthouse in the future. Your hospitable nature is out of the world. My heartfelt thanks to all the staffs. You guys are very friendly and attentive and helped us in our tour bookings and directions and what not, almost in everything. Love you guys! Keep up the good work.

I really wanted to like this place but I have mixed feelings. Mary was very helpful when I emailed her. The location is amazing and there were many signs to show me how to get to the hostel check in. There was a kitchen & hairdryer available. I loved that this hostel gives full-size bath towels. Most Korean hostels only have a large hand towel. But the bathroom always smelled mildewy and there was black mold all on the ceiling. I think the vent doesn't work and there are no windows in there.

Thank you for the comment. Thank you for the good point and bad point. We will try to keep the good aspect and we will improve better place from bad point. Actually we did ~! especially we spent lots time to make it clean. no mole now. :) Without review , I know we were not good enough. with reviews, we can make better~ Thank you very much ! Mary

We had a twin room with the ensuite, and liked our stay. The best part of this guesthouse is definitely the location, it's right by a subway exit and across the street from forever21. The bathroom could've been cleaner, and the heater was a bit tricky - it was either boiling hot or freezing. The room was on the smaller size and we could've hoped for a fridge, but loved the fact that there was a water dispenser in the room.