Hongdae Guesthouse Reviews

#302 Paradisetel, 159 -6 Dongkyodong, Seoul, South Korea

I stayed in 8 beds but actually its 9 beds. The best from this guesthouse is the location. The staff was good and much help. The room is clean if your neighbor is clean too. Everything is depend on your neighbor, whether you can sleep or not.

Great place to stay in Hongdae. I love the location! Very convenient. The washroom+toilets are a bit old to me, but stil very fine. I would come back again next time!

Thank you for the review! Yes,the room's bathroom you stayed is older than others. So we could change toilet and sink.~ I think its time to renovate the room's bathroom in very soon. Thank you for having stayed with us here ! Thank you again. Mary, the host of Hongdae guesthouse

I was staying in a dorm with 9 beds. Very sad because the toilet was so dirty. The room very messy. The location is very good and very near with the subway.

Thank you for the review. I'm so sorry to hear the inconvenience. I have fired the staff who took care of the room. And a new staff is doing really well. So our guests happier. Thank you again for the comment. Thank you !! Mary, the host of Hongdae guesthouse

Great stay, very friendly staff. Would definitely stay there again!

• 5th Jul 2014

Thank you for the review ! You know what ? more than 40 % guests coming back who stayed here before. So, yes see you next time. Thank you. Mary, the host of Hongdae guesthouse

The main benefit of this hostel is the great location right outside Hongik University Station. However, it was a bit hot in the room and the bathroom could be much cleaner. The room in general was a bit messy with clutter. If all you want is a place to crash in the Hongdae area, the location is great for the money.

Thank you for the review ! I have read it and hired new staff and now~ we have clean bathroom. I should have been better supervisor. the review was very helpful for us to make it better. ! thank you again. Mary, the host of Hongdae guesthouse

Elevator from the subway station is under construction. Location is perfect and easy to find. Free towel and breakfast. It's a good solid choice especially if you need to be near Hongdae.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Good location, very convenient when it comes to taking the train. Everything is so so... but if your flight is morning and you borrowed plugs, keys, pocket wifi and stuff wherein you need to put bunch of deposit,... do not expect to have your deposit returned as their office opens at 9am... so in the end, I left everything I borrowed in front of their door and never received my deposit back because the office is closed and I need to catch my flight... Please have a 24hr service....

Everything is amazing about this hostel except one thing. The lobby smells like feet. An overwhelming smell of feet. We were almost scared to check in. Once in our rooms though it was great. No smell. Amazing location and clean.

• 10th May 2014

Amazing place near night life and the convenience of the train system so all-in-all a great location to start to just get about anywhere you want in Seoul!

I had a great stay at the Hongdae Guesthouse. I stayed in a mixed 9-bed dorm which was spacious, comfortable and was equipped with an ensuite, kitchenette, and personal lockers. Great roommates too! The staff were friendly and approachable and the location is absolutely prime - incredibly easy to get to (right outside the Hongik University metro stop) and right in the heart of the pumping Hongdae nightlife scene. Thanks for a wonderful time in Seoul!

Dear Sue-Mun Thank you so much for having stayed here too ! Yes, they are all good roommates ! And us too? thank you. We appreciate it. All guest who stayed and staying here at hongdae guesthouse. Hope to see you when I travel to Newzealnad again~ Thank you. Mary from Hongdae guesthouse

It was very good location and reasonable price. we enter the room with security code but it has been changed once. my roommate informed me fortunately since when staff told about it, I was sleeping. such important information should be told personally for each person who stay there. And there is hot carpet on our beds, but staff didn't mention about it(fortunately my nice roommate told me) so I suggest, staffs should make some manuals for the important information! Thanks.

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Japan

Dear Natdumi Thank you for the review ! This is Mary, the host. I will educate our staff more~! And I'm so sorry that we did not mention it. Actually I made our nice rules ( including the information ) to give and tell our guests who stay here. But I suppose no one gave it to you. I'm so sorry again. And thank you so much for the review. then I could tell our people here. Best regards, Mary , the host of Hongdae guesthouse