Hongdae Pencil Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

113-32, donggyo-dong, Mapo Gu, Seoul, South Korea

I enjoyed my stay very much. The facility was very nicely polished and decorated. Most importantly, the staff were nice and genuine and wanted to make a difference in our Korean traveling experience. They were extremely helpful. I will miss them very much.

• 9th Apr 2014

GREAT location - only 5mins walk from Airport Train/ Metro station; and with line2 it is convenient to travel around the city GREAT staff - Abby

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

The staffs there are friendly and helpful. And the decorations there is nice which make me feel comfortable to live in. The room there is clean and tidy.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

I absolutely loved this hostel. I stayed in a double private room which literally was like a studio apartment. Amazing value for such a great space. The staff were extremely hospitable and we had many great conversations about life and travels. It truly was an amazing stay. I've stayed in soul before but this place was by far better. The hostel was a little tricky to find but it was mainly my fault since I did not have the map handy. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Seoul.

Hello Kento, You are fast :) Thank you so much. Hope to see you here during your 8th trip :D

Nice hotel, clean, good location

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Thailand

Both the staff and the guests staying in Pencil were friendly and fun. I would definitely go back!

The staff there are very nice and helpful! You can ask them for anything. I hang out with Pei and Abbey even treated us dinner! I had a great time here. :D

• 14th Mar 2014
  • China

HiThank you for your nice review. It was my pleasure to be with you We miss you and really hope to see you again. Thank you

I very much appreciate staying in Pencil hostel. Atmosphere was really friendly and staff was extremely helpful. I advice everyone to visit this hostel located very close to the underground inn quite an interesting district. So definetely you will have a time of your life in Seoul within a Pencil hostel)) Alex

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Russia

Alex :) Thank you :) Be my guide in Russia will you?? :)

I have stayed at this Hostel on 4 different occasions safe to say it rules.The staff here are extremely helpful and are always willing to go out of their way to help you. Would suggest this hostel to any who has not been to Seoul before or to anyone who want something central to the Hongdae area

I group of us stayed at this hostel for 3 days. It was nice and located not far from the subway system. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were very hard, but that's Korea. The location was perfect. There was so much to do and if you could not find anything (which would be very difficult), then you could jump on the train.

• 17th Feb 2014

This is very very lovely place. Room is comfortable, bathroom is clean, and location is super convenient. Most of all, there is lovely staffs who are worm and helpful. I have a great time there. I will definitly choose Pencil again if I had the chance to visit seoul again. Sue, Yu Jeong, and PaiPai, thank you very much!

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • China

Pencil is very clean and good location, and their staff is very friendly and nice! We both very enjoy here!!

• 29th Dec 2013
  • Hong Kong

Grate location, 3 min walk from Hongdae Station. Very clean place and nic staff.Abby and Anton are very helpful and friendly. There is no problem to communicate in English with them. And they will try their best to help you during your stay in Pencil. Sue, Abby's daughter, was cute and helpful, really happy to make friend with them. And the heater, great!! You can wear a vest in your home. And private washing room is clean and good!!! In a word, I will stay there again if I go to Seoul for sure.

I heartily thank you for your staying at Pencil and great review. Happy New Year! Thank you.^^

Friendly host, clean place, great location and have all necessaries. What else you need? I was in Seoul for 4 days and had a nice time staying here. The owner, Abby, is very nice. The manager is also helpful. Thank you for looking after me and my friend very well.

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Thailand

Really Thank you for your great review. You have beautiful mind ,as well beautiful face!! ;) It was my pleasure to meet you. We hope to see you again. Be always happy and healthy.

Everything you need, including being looked after! Amazing service by the hosts! I had a 4 bed dorm with bathroom, had a fridge and TV in the room too! Excellent value, location and service!

• 23rd Oct 2013

We are happy you enjoyed you stay here and thank you for your kind words, hope to see you again! :)