9.3
Superb 628 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 628 Total Reviews
Hongdae Pencil Guesthouse & Hostel Located at 113-32, donggyo-dong, Mapo Gu, Seoul.
South Korea
Seoul 121-816 113-32, donggyo-dong, Mapo Gu
93% 628
37.5600110 126.9254617
    Rooms available

• Denmark, Couple, 31-40
4th Oct 2016

Very clean, nice rooms and bathroom (had ensuite), facilities and location. We stayed at 5th floor which was nice and quiet. Very secure with codes and WiFi everywhere. We didn't see many in common rooms which wasn't the most cosy but maybe it is low season? Anyway Great stay.

29th Sep 2016

You can't beat the location of this hostel. It's in a back alley so it's a little hard to find, but it's literally a 3 min walk from the metro and in a super cute area. Better directions: go out exit 3, cross grassy area. When you are a store called Eye Catchers turn right, keep going til you see the hostel on your left. It's clean and the staff are super helpful, but I wish the lockers were in the room. There wasn't much of a vibe or people to talk to, but I was out all day anyway.

23rd Sep 2016

Pencil house was nice. The staff was very helpful, even though one of them got me lost hahaha. Rooms were a bite small and not enough space for 4 people. Other than that, I had a pleasant experience.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
17th Sep 2016

The staff member who greeted us (I think her name was Sue?) was super lovely and helpful. The electronic security features were also very cool and gave us peace of mind. The hostel is a less than 5 minute walk from Hongik University station, and centrally located in a vibrant area with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. We had a peaceful sleep regardless. Breakfast was great, good variety. I wish the towels were bigger though!

12th Sep 2016

It's not a place to meet people if you're traveling alone (at least in my experience). The rooms and bathrooms were nice and clean. Breakfast nothing special. Common area nice and a computer for everyone to use. The staff was extremely helpful and kind.

12th Sep 2016

Pencil is actually very close to everything. The location is perfect. Staff were really friendly and helpful. The door was really secured required a pin. However, be careful when coming back to hostel late at night. My friend and I came back at 3am after a night out in Hongdae and some guy followed up and decided to take off his pants.

• Singapore, Male, 18-24
11th Sep 2016

Great location, friendly staff. The lobby area was comfortable, the rooms were clean with toilet/fridge and tv inside

9th Sep 2016

GREAT place to stay, I really enjoyed it and even stayed on two occasions. I will say, however, that the electronic lock for the door didn't work one night after a late night out. A bunch of different people piled up outside and couldn't get it to work. After 10-15 minutes, it worked for some reason. Also, the second time I stayed, I sent them a message, and some woman rudely told me she was the Seoul Station location (not Hongdae). All I wanted to know was if I could check in after 10PM.

9th Sep 2016

Good location close to hongik university subway station. Nice hangout place nearby at the park where you can drink and eat at night. Staff are helpful and place is always clean.

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
4th Sep 2016

i like the place. i live single bed room. i prefer one big bed than 2 single bed in my single bed room.