Hongdae Pencil Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

113-32, donggyo-dong, Mapo Gu, Seoul, South Korea

My 2 days in Hongdae Pencil Guesthouse & Hostel was excellent! Stayed in 4 mixed room with a friend. Room was big enough and bed was comfy. (The bed doesn’t shakes every time you move or roll over...I hate that). A/C worked great. Bathroom was clean like new. It comes with toothpaste, shampoo and body wash. Staff were all friendly and the owner (I think) bought me an orange juice when I was waiting for my friend at the lounge/lobby. Thank you :) I would definitely stay here again!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Japan

Best hostel ive been in

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

My stay at Hongdae was great, the staff (Sue and Pei) were awesome and super helpful! Good facilities, clean, free laundry up on the roof. Its really close to the station Hongkik University station (direct line from the airport and walkable distance to Hondae nightlife! Def recommended!

Close to central Hondae, a 5 minute walk from the metro. Clean, comfortable, great friendly staff who know and love the city, close to food and coffee (get the staff to recommend you their coffee place, they pull a great shot!). What more could you ask for? Did I mention good coffee? :P Book it now, you won't regret! [3 night stay, July 2014]

The owner was so helpfull and very nice person...dae bak..!!!

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

The staff were friendly and helpful. It was a comfortable stay!

• 1st Jul 2014

Chill location, and pretty clean. The staff were super nice as super helpful.

• 26th Jun 2014

Good hostel in an excellent location. However, the ensuite bathroom is really small. Could also use lockers in the room.

Nice little guest house with friendly people around. Its nice and comfy to stay.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

The pencil guesthouse exceeded my expectations. I definitely intend to stay here again.

Hello S ^^ Lets have more fries when you return tomorrow or day after :) See ya!!

One of the best hostel I have stayed in so far. Have everything that you need in the room and the staff are very friendly.

Thank you awesome girls :) Take care and hope we'll meet again.

Very nice hostel. Excellent staff who wants to help you. Since I was flying from Incheon back home it was great to have the direct train nearby, only 45 minutes. Rooms are nice, eventhough after taking a shower it is pretty hard to be in the bathroom because there is no curtain or so, so the whole bathroom is wet (toilet is in there aswell).

Hello M :) Sorry about the small rooms korea have kkkk land is too expensive haha. Sorry that i could not send you off. Hope you had a great time here :)

great location. Super friendly and helpful staff. As soon as i had booked on hostel world they emailed me within 30 minutes with heaps of details on how to get there, tours offered etc. easy to find. they give free basic, although basic you get cereal, toast and eggs plus juice/tea/coffee. In a hip and trendy area near hongik university which is just off the airport rail link. 5 min walk from station.

Hello K, Thank you for your review and compliments :) Hope you had a great time here although tiring ^^

really nice.. thank you all staff ♡ sooo so cool hostel

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Japan

Great hostel with wonderful staff. The location is excellent. The beds are clean and comfortable. Staff were very friendly and kind :) Abby even accompanied me to the hospital because i met with a wrist injury. I felt like i was at home!

Hello Cheng Ying, Thanks for the awesome review. Hope your wrist recover soon. We hope to see you here again soon. You and Jia Ying were very bubbly. We enjoyed hosting you :) Take good care for now.

Thanks for a great stay! All the best and I hope to return sometime! PS: did you guys see game of thrones? amazing haha.

Peter ^^, Its on our PC :D but i have yet to watch it :) Thank you for the review it was nice having you here ^^ Take care and enjoy the rest of your trip.

The Pencil is very clean, staff was speaking English very well and they were very friendly. The metro is close by and there are all kinds of stores in the general area. I can very much recommend the Hostel to anyone who is visiting Seoul!

• 4th Jun 2014

Katrin ^^ Thank you so much for this awesome review. It was short but nice meeting you :) Hope to see you here again SOON??

Pros: very near hongiv university station, has aircon, fridge, water heater and water boiler in the room, staff helped me to carry my huge luggage up together with me to my room at level 4, has recycling bins and trash bins Cons: very hard beds, aircon is not cold enough, no lift for huge luggage and my room is at level 4

Hello M, We are sorry about the air con, if you had alert us we could had get someone to come in and repair it :( Hope it was still a pleasant stay. Cheers!!

Great hostel, friendly staff, very clean, secure, and bathrooms in each room..

Thanks awesome. You owe me a couch when i arrive swisssssssss. Take care till then.

Great location frendly staff and heavy security

• 27th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Hello Alex ^^ Thank you for the perfect points :) You had a really short trip here. Hope you'll get a longer one soon. See you.

« first « Prev 1 2 3