Hongdae Pencil Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

113-32, donggyo-dong, Mapo Gu, Seoul, South Korea

thanks all :D

• 8th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Awesome awesome experience! Hostel is located close to the subway. Staff are great and are always willing to help you with any questions you have. They treat you almost as family. Really friendly! The place is taken well care of. Very clean. Wifi was great. Would definitely recommend this hostel for anyone traveling to seoul!

• 30th Jul 2014

All the staff were very nice and very helpful. It is very close to the subway which went straight to both airports (15mins from Gimpo, 45 form Incheon), so very convenient as I had an early flight home it meant that I didn't have to leave at a crazy hour and easy to find from the subway and the instructions sent by the hostel after I booked. Also breakfast is included which was nice.

A great spot to base yourself to explore the city. Near the cool college district with a million coffee shops. Clean and comfortable. Super friendly staff and free breakfast and laundry. I would certainly stay here again.

This hostel had a good feel about it. Close to the vibrant Hongdae area but a little further away from the main sights if that is your thing. But subway station is close so no biggy. People were friendly and there was a generally good atmosphere around. Not really a kitchen in there as such, but a microwave and some basic facilities. Recommended.

Great place to stay! Awesome location and some very friendly staff :) Would definitely stay there again.

• 28th Jul 2014

Hello A =) Thank you and hope to see you again.

Very helpful staff. Great for the money. Don't hesitate.

Hye S =) Thank you for praising ;D

Overall it was only average and did not meet much of our expectations although location was perfect. The queen sized bed was adequate for us as a couple but sleep comfort was rather poor compared to other hostels we've visited before. There were also no proper bath towels provided but rather hand ones which was insufficient for a 3 nights stay. We are most unlikely to stay here again for these few reasons.

Hello K^^ We are looking into changing all our mattresses here. As for towels, Koreans normally use small towels :( Thanks for the comment, we'll try to improve on it :)

I spent almost a week at this hostel and had a great time. It's located in a nice quiet area but is still walking distance from all the action in Hongdae. I had no problem getting around. There was a fridge in the room which was convenient. There was body wash and shampoo in the bathroom but no conditioner so I got one for the room. Everyone was really friendly and I would definitely stay here again.

Hello C^^ Thank you for this awesome review. Hope you are doing well back home and hope to see you again.

My 2 days in Hongdae Pencil Guesthouse & Hostel was excellent! Stayed in 4 mixed room with a friend. Room was big enough and bed was comfy. (The bed doesn’t shakes every time you move or roll over...I hate that). A/C worked great. Bathroom was clean like new. It comes with toothpaste, shampoo and body wash. Staff were all friendly and the owner (I think) bought me an orange juice when I was waiting for my friend at the lounge/lobby. Thank you :) I would definitely stay here again!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Japan

Hello M^^ Thank you for the wonderful comment ^^ Hope to see you again soon.

Best hostel ive been in

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

My stay at Hongdae was great, the staff (Sue and Pei) were awesome and super helpful! Good facilities, clean, free laundry up on the roof. Its really close to the station Hongkik University station (direct line from the airport and walkable distance to Hondae nightlife! Def recommended!

Close to central Hondae, a 5 minute walk from the metro. Clean, comfortable, great friendly staff who know and love the city, close to food and coffee (get the staff to recommend you their coffee place, they pull a great shot!). What more could you ask for? Did I mention good coffee? :P Book it now, you won't regret! [3 night stay, July 2014]

The owner was so helpfull and very nice person...dae bak..!!!

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

The staff were friendly and helpful. It was a comfortable stay!

• 1st Jul 2014

Chill location, and pretty clean. The staff were super nice as super helpful.

• 26th Jun 2014

Good hostel in an excellent location. However, the ensuite bathroom is really small. Could also use lockers in the room.

Nice little guest house with friendly people around. Its nice and comfy to stay.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

The pencil guesthouse exceeded my expectations. I definitely intend to stay here again.

Hello S ^^ Lets have more fries when you return tomorrow or day after :) See ya!!

One of the best hostel I have stayed in so far. Have everything that you need in the room and the staff are very friendly.

Thank you awesome girls :) Take care and hope we'll meet again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3