Honu'ea International Hostel Kauai Reviews

4532 Lehua Street, Kapaa, USA

Entrance door lock to female dorm upstairs was extremely burdensome, was therefore left unlocked almost all the time. Anyone could have entered the room at night and attack someone, or take personal belongings! POOR security. Lock needs replacing!! Bathroom door lock was also very burdensome, very hard to lock , needs to be replaced! ONE bathroom for 12 females in one room is super inadequate!!!! Room was clean, staff was excellent, beds were OK.

Good hostel, close to the beach and ABC Store. Lockers available in the room but only one bathroom in female dorm. No laundry or PCs available. Need a car to get around.

Mahalo for leaving a review. There are 10 dorm beds in the dorm room, but we only book 8 of them. It probably seamed like more girls were in there due to everyone using all beds for clothes ;) The private room sleeps 1. We have 6 bathrooms on the property. There is a laundry about a block down the road opened 24 hours. There is a library across the street for internet. Or you could make friends and borrow theirs. We are downtown Kapaa, across the street from the beach. Aloha:)

Was fine, staff were ok, its a place to sleep, quiet with no exceptional facilities, I liked it generally. You'll need a car.

• 25th Jan 2015

I stayed there for 6 days in December, had an awesome time! Great folks, the location is epic, hung out with some cool people I met there, no complaints. Definitely recommend.

I wasn't here for long, but what I saw was a little odd. There are no keys on the outside-facing room doors, and the fence around the property is always open. Why? Also, quiet hours begin at 10PM, which is fine, but the hostel owners basically want you to go to bed since they close off the common area. I stayed up with one person one night, but everyone else skipped town and simply went to bed because there are no other well-lit gathering areas. At least the location is good! But no Wifi sucks!

We most certainly DO HAVE WIFI. We are island style. If you are coming from a large city, I can see why you would think this to be a 'little odd'. However, we are a small, friendly, safe location with an island vibe. Relaxed. We have an island wide 10pm noise ordinance. Many of our guests are getting up with the sun for hikes and surf. You may go across the street to the beach or there is a bar within walking distance for people who would like to party till 2am. (they have a noise permit) Aloha!

I don't like the staff at all, no help, quite impolite and some of them take things from the customer refrigerator.

I am quite surprised by this review as I spoke with you several times late at night when you returned, you mentioned nothing about having any issues. We saw very little of you and even extended your stay with us. Our volunteer staff also uses the "customer" refrigerators (we have three). We hope you enjoy your future travels. Aloha!

Unfortunately, I was not very impressed with this place. I really got a shady feeling from the staff. Which is really a shame because they seemed nice. But, food went missing, helpfulness and tips about what to do around Kauai were either very biased or nonexistent. I just did not feel at all like they cared about the guest's experience. They were more focused on making a buck. While there, I met other great travelers that became good friends. These people felt the same way I did.

This is a confusing review. You originally booked 2 nights with us. Then extended 3 more times. We DO NOT have any other ways of making a 'buck'. We sell our beds, that is all.We have free wifi/snorkel gear/kayaks/book exchange/towels/hot showers/full kitchen.We have volunteer staff that do the best they can. We absolutely care,that is why we run a HOSTEL. Cheap accommodations on an otherwise extremely expensive island. Mahalo for saying how nice our staff is, as I agree, they are very nice.