7.5
Very Good 1,164 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 1,164 Total Reviews
Hootananny Hostel Located at 95 Effra Road, Brixton, London.
England
London SW2 1DF 95 Effra Road, Brixton
75% 1164
51.4553172 -0.1135969
    Rooms available

• Romania, Male, 25-30
16th Apr 2016

All I need to say is you gett the best experience a hostel could offer :x

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
24th Mar 2016

I chose the hoot because of its location near the Brixton o2 academy, which was indeed handy. But it was also cool to stay over a pub/music venue, which I went to with some of the other people who were staying in the hostel (some kinda long-term). There was a good atmosphere, spent a lot of time chilling in the common room with friendly people. :)

• England, Female, 25-30
5th Mar 2016
8.0

Friendly staff, excellent facilities - including kitchen and communal area with balcony. The Hootananny is an awesome music venue/ bar with a great atmosphere so it is great that the hostel is situated right above it! The hostel isn't squeaky clean, but if you're choosing this kind of accommodation you never know who you're going to be sharing a dorm with! I recommend this hostel to anyone looking for decent location (10 minute walk from Brixton amenities and the Victoria Line) at a cheap price.

Hi there - thanks so much for leaving such a kind and thorough review. I'm so glad you had a good time and please come back soon! Happy travels ^_^

• England, Female, 18-24
25th Feb 2016
6.9

I only needed the hostel for one night's sleep so I must admit I didn't exercise facilities like the showers (communal) or kitchen (also communal, naturally). The multiple door codes made me feel safe (as possible when you're bunking with strangers). It was pretty clean, kinda like a normal house, but I'll blame the kitchen mess on the more long term residents! Other hostellers were friendly and the guy on the front desk was super nice and helpful. It did the job, I'd use Hoots again for

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Glad you enjoyed your stay, please do come again soon! Happy travels

• Germany, Female, 18-24
20th Feb 2016
6.3

The hostel is not the cleanest one, the whole building is run-down, the rooms are smelly, bath room was in a bad condition.But the staff was friendly (I just got to know one person). The location is not too bad if you like to go out in Brixton (what we did), the Electric Brixton is just nearby.

Heya! Thanks for taking the time to review us. Glad you enjoyed Brixton. Just letting you know we're currently renovating the hostel, including new bathrooms! So if you come back hopefully you will enjoy it more :) Kind regards

• Senegal, Male, 41+
17th Feb 2016
6.9

Still a way to go before we get the it or study or pray rooms in this space The downstairs club has a heavy bearing on the restful time Not for hard workers . More for fun times like summer or holiday

13th Feb 2016
6.3

The hostel has a good staff. The place is well served (about 10 minute walking from Brixton tube station). Unfortunately the second day one fridge stopped to work so we had to move all our food in the next one. As consequence, it was overloaded and it was quite difficult to find our food. I haven't found any paper rolls in the kitchen, so it was difficult to clean a table pick up something from the floor. On the whole it is a quite nice and cheap place for short staying.

Hey there, thanks for leaving us a review, and so sorry about the fridge malfunction!! I know it was super annoying. You'll be pleased to know it's all fixed now.. :) Happy travels and hope to see you again

• England, Male, 18-24
1st Feb 2016
7.1

people were very friendly, felt like a home, only critisism is the toliets and shower cubical are minging, so make sure you bring flip flops

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
27th Dec 2015
5.1

The hostel is old and the bathrooms and toilet smelly. I didn't want to use the kitchen much because I found it dirty. And there were no lockers where to keep you luggage.

• Czech Republic, Male, 18-24
9th Dec 2015

For the first time I stayed at hostel and this hostel is good example that just being in hostel doesn't mean that it has to be horrible. I stayed for two days and I love it, hostelers was fine, staff was friendly and wiling to help and everything was at some point clean, only what I would appreciate is higher space between beds, I hit my head so many times when I woke up :)