Hop Inn on Carnarvon Reviews

9/F James S. Lee Mansion, 33 - 35 Carnarvon Road, (entrance on Prat Ave.), Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

This place was amazing! Staff speak perfect English and are so helpful. Location was great, you just use the MTR system to get around Hong Kong and it's so easy. Hostel smelt and looked clean all the time. Room was a little small but it didn't matter because we weren't in our room during the day anyway and apparently it's normal for Hong Kong. Overall I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to visit Hong Kong.

• 7th Nov 2015

Hop Inn was a really good choice for Hong Kong - good location, friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms. The rooms could be considered small but there was plenty of space in a two person room for bags and people. There is a nice rooftop patio as well. Best things were clean room and good location.

Very helpful staff, great roof terrace space (a much needed oasis in Hong Kong) and innovative decorations. Really enjoyed my stay thank you all!

• 30th Oct 2015

Good hostel, reception open 24hrs. Room clean but with always light, because the shutters were not so good. Good common room with kettle and free drinking water.

Good little hostel in a great location. Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The room was perhaps a little expensive for what it was but worth the money for the security and comfort it provides.

Good hostel, exactly what you need without anything too fancy you have to pay for.

• 26th Jun 2015

Perfect location, easy to get anywhere you need. Room was really clean with a nice shower. Problem is a lack of normal kitchen & fridge that you could use (I guess it might be the same problem in other HK hostels since space is very limited)

The staff was very helpful. We stayed in a 2 bed room and the bathroom was basically just a 4'x4' corner of the room separated by glass and a curtain. Not much privacy. Other than that, it was a good place.

• 9th Jun 2015

Super clean, easy to find, great location near TST. There wasn't much guest interaction despite being a common room and a roof terrace.

The hostel is in a great location and has really comfortable rooms - I was particularly happy with the aircon and the shower as both are great for coping with the muggy weather! The staff we dealt with were friendly and helpful and answered any questions we had. I also loved the quirky artwork in the rooms and the hallways, definitely the first time I've seen anything like that. Considering the Hop Inn was about 1/3 the price of hotels in the same area, I couldn't be happier.

• 16th May 2015

Funky little hostel on the top level of a block in good location in Kowloon. The common room with balcony overlooking the city was cool. Extremely small room, but we only stayed one night. We enjoyed it.

This is a funky hostel on top of a ninth floor building. There is a an excellent roof top where you can relax and drink, although the surroundings can be very noisy throughout the day. The rooms are clean and simple. The staff are all really helpful and polite, too. Our only qualms were that the shower needs to be heated through a boiler and doesn't stay hot very long. All in all an excellent value for money!

Great and genuine hostel (sometimes hard to find in Hong Kong). I really liked the outdoor garden area and the common room. Staff gave me some great food recc's as well!

I only stayed there from midnight till 7:00 AM (Had an overnight layover between flights). Took the bus from the airport and walked about 5-10 mins from the bus stop, pretty simple. Tiny room but private and quiet and had a full bathroom in the room. very nice and cozy, bed was good, cable TV and great Wifi access. I would stay there again! Very helpful night girl, spoke English and was expecting me after I phoned from the airport. She showed me my room without any issues.

Accommodation is in a neighborhood that is right. Travel convenience to MTR, staff beaming And friendly. Rooms are cleaned every day.

• 20th Oct 2013
  • Thailand

This is Hong Kong, so expect tiny rooms, though the single I stayed in was plenty big enough for a night or two. Found the hostel to be a little noisy, the rooms are close together so the noise travels, but this is more down to the other people not the hostel necessarily. Nicely designed rooms and good staff, good location and good wifi, though despite all this I think the hostel is still slightly overpriced for what you get!

双人床真是太小了。房间的空调是窗机 噪音挺大的 ,旅社位置和卫生挺不错的

• 9th Jun 2013
  • China

The hostel was located in a great location, near lots of shopping and tourist attractions. The room was decent size, but we didn't like how the bathroom door was clear glass with just a curtain covering the room. Also, the room was not as clean as we had hoped. However, the hostel has a lounge room with books, water, movies, etc which I found nice.

• 25th May 2013

The first time I stayed in a hostel and it was nice. The staff is very nice and friendly. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends. Good job Hop Inn!

• 1st May 2013
  • Taiwan

I have a good experience on hop inn with my husband. The room is clean and the toilet is good. All things are good but the hot water are not durable and there is no hair dryer. The decoration around the hop inn is very nice and there is a open area for entertainment. I will come again to hop inn and I am highly recommend this hostel for all of us.