Hop Yen Hotel Reviews

694 Hai Bà Trưng street, 103 Bà Triệu street, Hoi An, Vietnam

Toilette was full of flys. A proclaimed 8 bed dorm room was made into a 10 person bedroom. No space to move when room full. I except to pay less especially with the beds very noisy and some mattress so old that someone can fall off the bed bcz of the slope.

The room itself was really nice but was tarnished by lots of ants and freely roaming geckos. Location is within easy walking distance of everything you want.

We stayed in the dorm room which was really good, location was pretty good, but you could find a place closer to the river because that's where all the good shops and restaurants are. As usual, you can book your buses/trains/tours through the hostel. There is a small restaurant for breakfast in the morning

No lockers for bags. Staff are good, very friendly and helpful, not all understand English though. It was very quiet here so little atmosphere, maybe that's to do with the season though. We had ants in the bed and a cockroach in bathroom, but to be fair they dealt with it pretty quick but was a disturbing first impression. No issues though, air con and a fan which was good. Wifi patchy on top floor, we logged into next doors wifi instead.

Our booking included a breakfast which no one informed us of until we checked out and were charged extra. Toilet was extremely dirty. Price was high. We walked across the road and got a private hotel room for the same price as a dorm bed. The new hotel came with full continental breakfast, access to a pool and much better facilities.

Great location, only about a 5 min walk to the river. Security is odd, only 1 key for the room which you leave on reception desk when you leave and no lockers in the room?? There is a little cafe downstairs but noone ever seems to be there. The rooms are spacious and clean and staff are friendly. No real social area to speak of but good if you just want to relax.

Arrived to find the dorm room I'd booked was full, so was put in a twin room with someone else. I was charged the same price as I would have been for the dorm which was good, although the bathroom wasn't great & had a permanently leaking pipe from the toilet. Left after 2 nights and went elsewhere as I was traveling alone & there wasn't really an opportunity to meet other people as no real common room. The early morning tour to My Son that I booked through them was well worth it tho.

Cheap and close to the center. Much closer to the old quarter than the two more popular hostels, Sunflower and Greens. Lockers were nice though they didn't seem to have enough for the whole dorm. Luckily I managed to get one, but would be upset had they already been all full. Not as social as the more popular spots, but if you're looking for something cheap and close to town look no further.