Hop Yen Hotel Reviews

694 Hai Bà Trưng street, 103 Bà Triệu street, Hoi An, Vietnam

Arrived to find the dorm room I'd booked was full, so was put in a twin room with someone else. I was charged the same price as I would have been for the dorm which was good, although the bathroom wasn't great & had a permanently leaking pipe from the toilet. Left after 2 nights and went elsewhere as I was traveling alone & there wasn't really an opportunity to meet other people as no real common room. The early morning tour to My Son that I booked through them was well worth it tho.

Cheap and close to the center. Much closer to the old quarter than the two more popular hostels, Sunflower and Greens. Lockers were nice though they didn't seem to have enough for the whole dorm. Luckily I managed to get one, but would be upset had they already been all full. Not as social as the more popular spots, but if you're looking for something cheap and close to town look no further.

Stay here in Hoi An! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Good breakfast and very centrally located while still quiet!

• 22nd Mar 2014

It was okay for value, staff seems indifferent to the guests. I left after one night, leaving behind my deposit.

Ok dorm rooms, except I kept getting locked out of mine! One key between three people and would leave at reception when out but people would lock the door from the inside when they were in with the key inside then going to sleep. Need to have enough keys for everyone or no keys at all with lockers in the room. I was locked out at 2am and had to sleep in a spare bed in my friends dorm room. Helpful staff, sorted out my transport to hue for me.

I stayed 5 nights in the dorm. The stuff was so helpful and really nice. There are actually 10 beds and not 8 as online mentioned. There is a bathroom enclosed with one toilet and one shower. Room was very warm and sticky because the windows are only to the hallway. In the morning some noise from the reception next to the door. The location is great, very near to the old city and there are many restaurants and places to rent bikes ect.

My biggest complaint about this hostel are the owner and the staff. The owner (I think) tried to sell me on an overly expensive bus ride to Da Nang, whereas I just wanted to take the public bus. After she had accepted that I wouldn't take her bus she gave me faulty directions to the bus station, waving me of with a cynical 'good luck'. Cleaning staff were also unfriendly. They were staring at me and I felt like they were chasing me out of the hostel half an hour before check out time.

Great location. Accomodation was very basic.

Really good location for walking into the main part of the town. Good crowd of people staying at hostel. Helpful staff - happy to help navigate around Hoi An and further, able to provide a map of the area. Breakfast was fine. Wifi available. Stayed in 12 bed dorm- comfy bed. Wet room showers - similar to other hostels. Good value for money.

Very helpful staff good location

Great place for our few days in Hoi An. Location is great, very close to old town etc. We biked down and the bike was securely locked away overnight. Breakfast in the morning was good to, staff were pleasant and happy to help. Overall we would stay there again definitely. Thanks Hop Yen

Very basic. And It seemed that the staff focus too much on money and didn't care about the guests. No key to the dorm door which made me feel unsecure. They added some additional beds to the dorm and made the setup not comfortable. They offered me the expensive one when i was asking for a single room and gave the cheaper one to a walk-in bo. The young lady didn't look at me when i was asking for a blanket but only focused on the TV. The programme must be extremely interesting! Haha!!!

I had a great stay. Breakfast was delicious and the hostel is spacious with enough computer for everyone use. It's just that the dorm room on 1/F does not have a window annoys me a bit.

This is a great hostel, a refashioned hotel in 5 large floors stretching between two streets. Staff and facilities are excellent, and altogether, it is an ideal place to stay in Hoi An, particularly if on a budget. Hoi An itself is a small town, and everything is within walking distance from this hostel, so that it is the facilities and the architecture of the place which makes it such a special hostel/hotel. There are several excellent computers and good cheap food on site: Highly recommended.

There are 7 beds in a large room on the ground floor. Bathroom in the room without window. There is no place for hanging clothes for dry. Book in Hostelworld for $7, walk in without booking for $6 and the Backpacker House across stree is $5. It is OK to stay in a dorm for a night. Bedsheets are clean. Good Mattress.

Very clean, excellent location and the staff can't be more helpful. One minute walk from Bui Vien St but you don't have all the noise when you want to sleep. I would go back there again!

Very friendly staff, really outgoing. All great except no key for dorm room but there is 24 hour reception