Horizon Beach Backpackers Resort Reviews

P.O. Box 1401 Nadi, Wailoaloa Road, Nadi Bay, Nadi, Fiji

Close to the beach, cheap foodfood. A good place to organise before or after the islands

Not in Nadi town itself but a regular and cheap bus service is available just outside the gates. Free pickup service from the airport was much appreciated, was a good base to arrange travel on to the beautiful Yasawa islands

Perfect as a base to plan onward travel around Fiji

Simple hostel to spend a night or two before island hopping! The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. I arrived early in the morning hours before check in so they let me have breakfast, leave my bags at reception and informed me to take some time on the beach outside smugglers (sister hostel).

A fine hostel before and after heading to the islands. With the sister hotel next door all your needs are catered for

The continental breakfast is a joke. Not much left by 9:15am and chef complained for having to give me some fruit. Waited over 1 hour for food order off te menu in evening. Staff is kinda rude too. The entertainment in Smugglers Cove is just cringy. Not much positive to say about this place. Cheaper one around if you're stuck for a place to stay and they got motorcycle hire for way too much money.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

The rooms

Stayed here for 2 days before we flew onto LA. Great place to start or finish your trip in Fiji. There are more beautiful beaches and settings around the islands. However, this hostel was clean, tidy and great value food so a great place to chill out and save money before you start your next adventure in Fiji.

Stayed in room of 8, it was basic but having ensuite

Hotel staff were amazing. Taxi drive, like all the taxi drivers in Nadi, was pushy and deceptive. Get your rate confirmed before you get a ride and like others have mentioned, try to arrange transportation to the airport through someone else. Either the bus or smugglers vans. Even though the driver works with the hotel, he is no different from any of the other taxi drivers in town and wants as much of your money as he can get.

• 12th Jan 2015

This hostel is under the same management of the Smuggler resort. As a result, we got the same poor experience as last time we were waiting for the pick-up coach. The driver finally showed up after 1.5 hours of waiting and thousand of ringing. After complainant, the manager promised to transfer us to airport the next day as the compensation. The bathroom inside the dormitory is a bit dirty.

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Horizon Beach was an excellent place to stay, mostly thanks to the friendly hospitality of the staff. All of the staff were very welcoming and accommodating; Tema, Saï, and Paul were especially thoughtful and pleasant.

I was traveling alone and the staff here watched out for me so much that by the end I knew most of them by name. Great place if you're staying in Nadi, although you sadly won't find the most beautiful beaches of Fiji here.

Again a wonderful stay. We had an unexpected flight cancellation, the staff were very helpful with our need for last minute changes.

Arrived after a long flight from LA. This was a great hostel to chill out in before I headed to the Yasawas the following day. The staff were great, it was cheap, the dorm had comfy beds and they had luggage storage so I can pick up my stuff when I get back to the mainland. Nice pool and close to the beach.