Horizon Beach Backpackers Resort Reviews

P.O. Box 1401 Nadi, Wailoaloa Road, Nadi Bay, Nadi, Fiji

Nice little hostel and lose to the airport with free pickup but I'd definitely just use it as one night place to crash for the night before moving on. The staff were wonderful and super helpful with information on how to get to our main stay hostel. Food was good and service wonderful. It falls very short on the rooms and facilities though. Room wasn't the nicest I've stayed in by far. I thought my bed was gonna collapse when I climbed to he top bunk, I think the girl feared her life.

I loved my stay at Horizon! I'm actually going to stay there again in November. Great value for money, location and facilities.

• 15th Aug 2015

We booked a superior double room and ended up in a room with one single bed and a double bunk bed? Which the mattresses gave us bad backs. This room was located next to an outdoor corridor that the staff used constantly and very loudly, they were up all night making so much noise right outside our window, they didn't seem to care they were at a work place. No atmosphere and the food was crappy. We just used this place as a base and ate next door at smugglers cove and did our day trips etc.

We stayed at horizon before and after exploring the islands and is a good base to start your travels. Horizon is very basic and lacks any atmosphere. I would explore other hotels for social interaction. Breakfast was extremely basic. Coffee, toast and fruit. Both rooms we had where old and tired with rock hard pillows. Some staff at the horizon were very welcoming others where only interested when we were going and if you where going to write a good review. I would explore before staying.

All other staff was great. The receptionist kept calling us "you people" when there was a mix up with the booking, I really don't think it's ever appropriate to call another race other than your own you people and if I did that back home I would be considered a racist.

• 19th Jun 2015

Great atmosphere indeed, breakfast is free and standard and i really loved it. The location just close to the beach is awsome and the public bus to town is available like every hour so you wont spend much on taxi.. :) hope spend a weekend here in the future :)

I stayed 7 nights in this hostel. I had a basic singel room and it was completely ok. Own bathroom, aircondition, bed, fridge. Nothing special, but good. As you can use Smugglers facilitys its quite fair. Some of the staff is very nice, some of them are quite rude. Also it depends very much how their day is. All in all its a cheap good hostel. Basic style.

• 9th Jun 2015

Booked a double room hoping to be comfortable after long haul flight, and given strange room with bunk bed (single top, double under) and single bed. This meant we had to sleep on creaky bunk bed and not proper bed as hoped. Also the sheets were dirty: sand in bed and a used under sheet. Staff were accommodating when I asked for extra bed linen, albeit there were no friendly Fijian welcomes in sight. Good facilities at smugglers cove sister hostel.

The staff were very friendly and helpful - especially Aunty Lucy. The food promotions were excellent value and of a good quality. The only downside is that it's a short walk to the beach....about 2 minutes. Great,cheap place to stay-would recommend it.

Close to the beach, cheap foodfood. A good place to organise before or after the islands

Not in Nadi town itself but a regular and cheap bus service is available just outside the gates. Free pickup service from the airport was much appreciated, was a good base to arrange travel on to the beautiful Yasawa islands

Perfect as a base to plan onward travel around Fiji

Simple hostel to spend a night or two before island hopping! The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. I arrived early in the morning hours before check in so they let me have breakfast, leave my bags at reception and informed me to take some time on the beach outside smugglers (sister hostel).

A fine hostel before and after heading to the islands. With the sister hotel next door all your needs are catered for