Hornbill Holiday Home Reviews

No 21A, Fernando Gardens, Dehiwala, Colombo, Sri Lanka

Hi... we stayed in this hostel the first 2 nights after we arrived in Sri. The hostel is 5 minutes away from the Train station which makes the access very easy . We did the mistake to catch the bus and took us ages to get to the place.(was a good fun any way) the hostel was ok but not really comfortable. The air in Colombo is very humidit and you really need the Fan or A/C in the room. Our Fan was way too slow,the A/C didnt work(no idea why?) There was a fridge in the common area but didnt to

Even though Hornbill is not in a 5 star location I would still recommend it. 5 minutes walk brings you to the main road to the city centre and a 3 minute walk brings you to the train station. Shops and restaurants are only a couple of minutes away too. The staff are easy going, friendly and helpful and the area is safe (in my experience) after dark. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. I will be coming back to Colombo in 2 weeks time and will definitely stay here again.

This is truly beyond expectation. They upgraded me to air-con room, spacious and nice, and since no other guests were there that day, I got the whole living room and the kitchen to myself. It is super value. The place itself has a short cut that you can walk to the train station in 5 minutes or less.

View all Colombo Bed and Breakfasts