Horus Eye Reviews

26th Sherif St., Downtown, Cairo, Egypt

Horus Eye was our home away from home while staying in Cairo. With full days of exploring we were always so excited to come home and relax at this ever so comfy place. The rooms were clean, cute and we always had a great night sleep, and the living area was so comfy! We spent many nights chilling, chatting and watching tv in the cumfy couches.. But hands down the best part about this hostel was the people.. the manager Sayed, an absolute legend. He speaks 5 languages and is a very intelligent,

• 2nd Feb 2016

the location is excellent and the staff will do anything to help you, sayed the manager is amazing bilingual guy who is ready to manage any info you might need

• 12th Jan 2016

Best place to stay in Cairo, we have met very nice people and Sayed, the person in charge, is an amazing guy, always helping and giving nice suggestions. We really enjoy the time here

• 8th Jan 2016
  • Mexico

amazing helpful staff will always care to satisfy you, i didn't like the normal breakfast and they made a special egyptian breakfast for me i really liked the place and the people there

• 5th Jan 2016
  • Mexico

Definitely one of the best hostels I ve ever been to! Clean, located in the city center and great staff! Especially with Sayed (who speaks 5 languages!) I spent two enjoyable evenings! The day-trip to the pyramids which I booked in the hostel was perfect organized as well. When Im coming back to Cairo Ill book this hostel again!

• 26th Dec 2015

Staying at Horus Eye was a wonderful experience. Rooms are clean and have private bathrooms. The staff is very helpful, and was so nice to arrange airport drop-off and pick-up free of charge.

• 21st Dec 2015

Roaches were all over my bed could not sleep with the light off, the staff was friendly at first until they tried to rip me off to see the pyramids. This business is untrustworthy would never stay here again.

• 21st Dec 2015
  • Egypt

Best experience of service and hospitality I've experienced in all hostels I stayed in 30 countries! Sayid, the staff, can speak so many languages and is a knowledgable and helpful gentleman. I got all my information for transportation and tourism I needed when I was here. Thank you so much for your generous help with my bus ticket and directions to each places! 强烈推这家旅馆,工作人员热心负责,在开罗这种坑蒙拐骗横行的城市,能有这样诚实助人的好旅馆的确不易,值得信赖!

• 19th Dec 2015
  • China

I was only there a couple days, but Sayed made staying here worth it! He showed me around the city, got me set up with transportation and took me to some delicious Egyptian restaurants. I highly recommend the dinner cruise and show!

• 18th Dec 2015

Free airport pick up went without a hitch.(booked 3nights). The building is a bit run down but that's typical of Cairo hostels. Staff,Said, is quite a character. Lost count how many languages he speaks. Tours and laundry are reasonably priced. Breakfast good. Overall good value for money.

The staff are fairly friendly, but that's as good as it gets. Our room did not lock. My friend could not sleep without the light on due to the flood of cockroaches in the room. Wifi wasn't working properly and overall the place was nowhere near what it is represented to be in the photos and reviews... It's good for backpackers who like doing it quite rough. It doesn't have a great atmosphere to it though and there is nothing special to recommend it.

We really liked our stay at Horus Eye Hostel. The hostel is located very central in downtown Cairo close to the National Museum, shops, restaurants and cheap eateries. The markets of Khan al Khalili (islamic Cairo) are in walking distance (20 minutes).The manager Sayed Mohammed is a great guy. He gave us great advise, organised transport to the airport for us and shared his knowledge about languages, literature and history with us. We felt very welcome and would always come back to this hostel.

• 17th Oct 2015

Sayed & the staff at Horus Eye helped organize a tour with a guide (ask for Shadi to be your guide!) & it was good value & professional service; they are also very helpful with advice & helping you find your way around Cairo. I'm thankful as well for meeting so many fellow travelers to visit places with (museum & tour), play cards at night, & go out for food. It was a very nice stay overall & I look forward to going back there again on my return from Luxor. Thanks Horus Eye & Sayed!

Good place for the price, very simple, but livable. Our shower was clogged and had about a few inches of standing water in it during our stay, but the staff let us use another bathroom.

• 10th Oct 2015

i stayed only one night and it was so funny talking to sayed and ahmed laughing all the time

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Lebanon

The staff were very helpful and accomadating. They did say they were gonna send a driver to pick me up from the airport, but it appeared he never showed up.

These guys are absolutely fantastic. I literally felt like I was in my own house (which I hope they were OK with haha). The people running it are so nice and so accommodating. They will do anything for you and try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. I highly recommend these guys.

• 21st Sep 2015

Decent location; staff was somewhat below average in English speaking ability; restrooms needed repairs; a/c worked well. Breakfast was a nice bonus.

This hostel was everything you could want for a stay in Cairo. Sayed, the owner, speaks 6 languages and has a great sense of humor. The breakfast was simple (bread, egg, and tea) but very good, and the price was great. AC worked just fine as well, and it's fairly easy to find by telling the taxi driver to take you to McDonalds. The only suggestion I might make is to have the tour options and prices printed. I never take tours, but possibly for future travelers.

The manager was so lovely and helpful, he organised a tour of the pyramids for us and helped us planned our whole trip. I would definitely recommend this hostel, I had a great time staying there and would be happy to go back.

View all Cairo Bed and Breakfasts