Hospedaje Casco Viejo Reviews

C/ 8a con Avenida A. Casa 8-31, San Felipe., Panama City, Panama

I only stayed for one night in a private room. Pretty calm and the rooms are nicely and simply equiped, although lacking a bit of privacy since above the door there is an open area (no wall but wooden "fence". Otherwise, clean and nice atmosphere, ok kitchen, really nice roof terrace and great people :)

• 11th Nov 2015

Vale la pena. If I ever come back to Panama I would definitely come back to this hostel. The location is great- not too close to all the commotion but within walking distance of all bars and restaurants. Casco Viejo is small enough that everything is within walking distance. The first night here was such a good experience for me that when I returned to Panama city later that week I decided to go back to this hostel. I honestly loved everything about this place and would recommend it to anyone.

• 30th Oct 2015

I stayed in a dorm room and in a private room:Dorm room:triple bunk beds (6 bed dorm though we booked the nicer 8 bed dorm),NO windows,super hot.No ceiling fan but two massive industrial fans which sound like an airplane leaving next to my head.Worst hostel experience ever.Private room:very good for that price but still the bathroom problem:5 toilets +showers (of which one wasn't working),not enough for so many guests: endless waits even to pee. Staff: friendly +helpful but half time no English.

I had a very bad experience with a member of staff withholding information then trying to say she hasn't. However ive tried to be fair as the hostel itself is very good.

This is a very busy hostel, so the shared bathrooms became a challenge, as well as the early morning noise factor. Breakfast was a chaotic affair. The staff was quite helpful.

• 6th Jul 2015

This hostel has a great location in the middle of the historic section of Panama City. The location is the only good thing about this hostel. The rooms had no lockers and no keys/key cards, so anybody could come in or out, which didn't exactly inspire confidence is leaving things in the room. Bathrooms had no windows, so were super damp and humid and gross. Staff was apathetic. We checked out early. Not recommended.