Hospedaje Casco Viejo Reviews

C/ 8a con Avenida A. Casa 8-31, San Felipe., Panama City, Panama

Good location, nice staff

Very basic hostel. Relatively clean. Owners were helpful enough. But the fans in my room didn't work, and there was no fly screen on the windows. So it was hot with lots of Mosquitos. There were also no lockers in the dorm or a lock on the door. I wouldn't really want to stay there for more than one night.

Bedbugs. Walked in, then went to lunch, at lunch noticed I was itching all over. My legs, feet, and arms were covered in bite marks which were not there when I woke up that morning. Workers claimed there were no bedbugs, but living in the Southern U.S. you learn to know what to look for and what bites feel like.

• 18th Apr 2014

We booked a 6 bed dorm and we were given a 12 bed dorm and also we were told that they didn't have any 6 bed dorm at all! Not any solution was given to us. Breakfast was simple but good however there were not enough chairs and tables.

Great location afternoon staff very helpful and friendly hostel bit run down but fine

NO HOT WATER & VERY LOUD MUSIC FOR HOURS ON END Several days a week headache-inducing, neighborhood-rocking thumping bad music starts up in Casco Viejo. Really too bad, otherwise HCV is an excellent place to stay. Music starts at 2 p.m. and runs ‘til whenever and/or all night (minimum 7 hours). Also, take note, there is *no* hot water here. Breakfast is toast/bread, peanut butter, strawberry jam and bananas – N.B. breakfast hours are meaningless: when the food runs out the food runs out.

Great location, nice staff but in our dorm there where a pile of rubbish, old documentholders and stuff lying in the corner.

lovely area,lots of nice people staying there

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Wales

Good hostel, need to replace cookware, need second frig. more seating on the balcony, develop rooftop into much needed common space. I will to continue to stay at this hostel when in PTY.

Very very basic hostel. We slept in a big dorm which was fine, fans in the ceiling and decent beds. Bathrooms were clean. Almost no common areas, and breakfast is supersimple, bread, peanut-butter and banana. This is not a place to stay for a long time, but if you just need a bed for a night or two the price is unbeatable. Good location in the center of Casco Viejo.

Really liked this hostel... it's in a nice location close to the water within Casco Viejo and you can walk all over from that neighborhood. Security was good (with personal lockers) which is important to me. It would be great if the hostel developed it's rooftop terrace into a proper place to sit and hang out but otherwise it's a good place to sleep for a night or two- I wouldn't recommend it for someone who wants to sit around have get drunk at the hostel as the vibe is pretty mellow.

• 10th Feb 2014

Cramped common areas, kitchen very small. Better value to be found elsewhere.

• 8th Feb 2014

i would suggest hostelworld to check out properties prior to adding them on their website. when we arrived they did not have the rooms we had booked available. After setling for a room without private bath I found out I could not use the toilet either because it didnt't work. I also had 6 huge roaches in 3 days in the toilet & room and was told by the receptionist this was due to the place being clean. Adding the noise and no fresh air, I would discourage anyone staying here!!

• 4th Feb 2014