Hospedaje Casco Viejo Reviews

C/ 8a con Avenida A. Casa 8-31, San Felipe., Panama City, Panama

Bedbugs. Walked in, then went to lunch, at lunch noticed I was itching all over. My legs, feet, and arms were covered in bite marks which were not there when I woke up that morning. Workers claimed there were no bedbugs, but living in the Southern U.S. you learn to know what to look for and what bites feel like.

• 18th Apr 2014

Great location afternoon staff very helpful and friendly hostel bit run down but fine

NO HOT WATER & VERY LOUD MUSIC FOR HOURS ON END Several days a week headache-inducing, neighborhood-rocking thumping bad music starts up in Casco Viejo. Really too bad, otherwise HCV is an excellent place to stay. Music starts at 2 p.m. and runs ‘til whenever and/or all night (minimum 7 hours). Also, take note, there is *no* hot water here. Breakfast is toast/bread, peanut butter, strawberry jam and bananas – N.B. breakfast hours are meaningless: when the food runs out the food runs out.

Great location, nice staff but in our dorm there where a pile of rubbish, old documentholders and stuff lying in the corner.

lovely area,lots of nice people staying there

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Wales

Good hostel, need to replace cookware, need second frig. more seating on the balcony, develop rooftop into much needed common space. I will to continue to stay at this hostel when in PTY.

Very very basic hostel. We slept in a big dorm which was fine, fans in the ceiling and decent beds. Bathrooms were clean. Almost no common areas, and breakfast is supersimple, bread, peanut-butter and banana. This is not a place to stay for a long time, but if you just need a bed for a night or two the price is unbeatable. Good location in the center of Casco Viejo.

Really liked this hostel... it's in a nice location close to the water within Casco Viejo and you can walk all over from that neighborhood. Security was good (with personal lockers) which is important to me. It would be great if the hostel developed it's rooftop terrace into a proper place to sit and hang out but otherwise it's a good place to sleep for a night or two- I wouldn't recommend it for someone who wants to sit around have get drunk at the hostel as the vibe is pretty mellow.

• 10th Feb 2014

Cramped common areas, kitchen very small. Better value to be found elsewhere.

• 8th Feb 2014

i would suggest hostelworld to check out properties prior to adding them on their website. when we arrived they did not have the rooms we had booked available. After setling for a room without private bath I found out I could not use the toilet either because it didnt't work. I also had 6 huge roaches in 3 days in the toilet & room and was told by the receptionist this was due to the place being clean. Adding the noise and no fresh air, I would discourage anyone staying here!!

• 4th Feb 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Honestly, this is one of the few hostels I'd unlikely stay at again. The lounge areas are small and cramped, and the rooms are extremely load and noisey, with no enforcement of quiet hours. Oddly, there are a lot of Panamians staying here while I was, with it being extremely noisey. The entire hostel feels dingy, and unwelcoming. On the plus sides, it was cheap enough, and very centrally located in the old city.

I had a private room upstairs. Great location, great staff, hooked me up with a great trip to San Blas, free baggage storage, great price. I accidentally left a charger that they had saved for me when i got back. Staff helped me get my bearings in the city. The room was pretty run down (fine w me) but there was a really sketchy loose floorboard in front of the door. Very loud neighborhood at night. All in all it was great to me.

This is a very good no frills hostel and excellent value for the money. It's very central and has a huge rooftop deck. The staff seem unfriendly to begin with but you have to realize that they resent the Americans(for good reason) for attacking their country in 1989 and seeing foreign wealth all around them while they're poor. They assume that all gringos are American-as soon as I told them I was Canadian it changed. Good folks.I'll be staying here any time I pass through Panama.

Although I had a booking for a room the staff where not aware of this. I had to pay full prize but I already paid 10% in deposition on this website...

• 24th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

About security, I lleft there my backpack for the time when i was in Bocas del Torro, backpack has a lock, bit they stealed from it my camera. So dont let anything valuable.

It is dull, sad and doesn't feel secure. The dorm was full of boat parts as some guy staying in there who was very messy had stripped a boat and kept all the parts by his bed. The dorm is right on the road so noisy. There is no communal area apart from a tiny reception where the TV is blaring out. I also viewed a private windowless room that was really hot. I didn't stay there, I went somewhere else despite making a reservation. There were no maps to give out either. Depressing.

• 6th Dec 2013

Its a hostel in a cool historical district. Basic backpackers hostel. They were nice and helpful. They even arranged a taxi for me at 4am for pickup to the airport... No complaints. 11$ a night is a bargain

• 5th Dec 2013

Description on internet doesn't match up to the hostel. Price is good but that's because you do not get what is described. No cleaning off the rooms ever and seeing as toilet paper goes in a bin and not down the toilet makes it unhygienic, roof terrace does not give you amazing views its just a roof and at night its pitch black and you do not see anything, no help in terms of organizing trips, the staff spoke very little English and some seemed unhelpful, breakfast v.basic, nice size room, loud