Hospedaje Costanera Reviews

Romulo Correa 1221, Punta Arenas, Chile

Initial thoughts weren't good as the hostel is more a B&B as the owners live amongst you which is a bit awkward and there are lots of rules like you can't use the kitchen during the day. We booked a dorm room but got a free upgrade to a 3 bed room which was bright and airy and had no one else in it! Would recommend coming and booking this room but don't know about the other rooms as they looked small and dark. Also it is about a 20min walk from centro so keep that in mind!

Very average place. Staff gave me wrong info about airport transfer.

The rooms were clean and so were the shared bathrooms. Breakfast was minimal but sufficient given that the price of the room was very economical. They provided toast, butter, jam, coffee, tea, and juice. Our only negative experience was the connectivity of the wifi. I was able to connect but there must have been issues with the network because it would never actually connect to the internet. We asked to get it fixed and it wasn't until the next day that we saw it working.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, hot and powerful shower, fast wifi, great breakfast. It is a bit out of the way from town center but definitely worth staying. I would certainly go back!

The staff were very friendly, especially since I got there after midnight. Breakfast was ok, store-bought bread, sliced cheese, coffee, butter, and very good mermelsda. I enjoyed the homey, laid back atmosphere. About a 20 min walk from the bus station.

friendly, clean, just a very good hostel:-)

Very comfortable, delicious breakfast, hospitable and helpful hosts. The only drawback was that it was a bit of a walk into the center of town, but not that bad--about 10-15 minutes. Also, be warned that the location is a block farther from the cemetery and stadium than where Google maps shows.

The owners were incredibly helpful, the room we got was really nice, the wifi was good, they offered a decent breakfast, and the location was good. For the price, I would say this is an awesome deal.

Great hostel, Theresa was very caring, thoughtful and super helpful. Muchas Gracias!

Not too bad. A bit far from the bus terminal

I had one night in Punt Arenas before a flight, so went for the cheapest place with the highest rating. It is a little way out of town (15-20 min walk or short cheap taxi ride). It has a substantial kitchen for cooking own food and breakfast is included. Speedy Wi-Fi through out and very comfortable clean bedrooms and bathrooms. all I needed really.

A place which feels like home. More than 10 minutes away from the bus station but the walk is worth it. Very friendly owners, helped us to organise our trip. Good breakfast!

The atmosphere was great and very familiar. We liked it. Prices of the web site and room prices did not match for 2 days of 4. So get a confirmation after booking from the hostel.

really nice stuff, even tough we arrived at 1 a.m., unfortunately about 20 min walking distance to the center but the taxi was not very expensive.

Owners of this hostel were friendly and provided a reasonably priced laundry service (3000 chilean pesos per kilo). Our room was a double upstairs and very clean and comfortable. Breakfast just toast. The downside was that the wifi connection wasn't very consistent, ccouldn't use the microwave as they had no adapter plug and their doorbell rang frequently and was annoying. Also their main entrance is a door to the side with a gate.

Difficult to rate as I arrived at 1am from a flight and left at 6am the next morning. The staff didn't speak English but it wasn't a problem and they were very helpful. I got my own double room despite paying a dorm rate which was a bonus. Wifi didn't work at the time but wasn't a problem for me. Good for a quick stop.

The hostel is a little far from the centre, but walkable. The owner speaks OK English, and was helpful when asked with questions. Breakfast is basic, bread, ham, and cheese. The rooms and bathroom are basic also. Overall a postive experience.

A cute little SIMPLE hostel. The owners are lovely and try to help you out with everything definite advantage if you speak a bit Spanish. Yet, there is a lady who can speak simple English. The breakfast is simple yet plenty. Kitchen is available but only for very simple cooking. The atmosphere is great :-) But the wifi is down frequently. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean. The hotel is about a 15 minutes walk from downtown.

A nice cosy place with everything you need for your stay. I didn't stay too long (6 hours between bus and airport) so didn't get a great feel for it but it was nice, very clean and helped me book a taxi and find dinner with no problem. There are no lockers, but the rooms can be locked so that's better than nothing. Walkable from the bus station.

very poor hostel. It was essentially a large house with a small shared living room, which didn't foster any feeling of a hostel. We essentially just came back there to pass out because it was not very comfortable. Additionally the doors are always locked and have a loud annoying doorbell, so throughout the night you'd hear this crazy doorbell ringing away. The shower was a 2ft by 2ft square in a pretty small bathroom, so couldn't accommodate more than one person at a time. It was pretty bad...

View all Punta Arenas Hostels