Hospedaje Dodero Reviews

100 mts north and 25 mts west of the principal bus, Liberia, Costa Rica

Super nice hostel with very good owners. Very comfortable.

You have to ring the doorbell when you want to get in the hotel, leave the hotel, or want to speak to someone from the staff. This is annoying. Especially when people want to leave early and you are trying to sleep.

Thank you for writing a review. This issue has been addressed many times and the majority of clients understand and appreciate the necessity of this security measure. I am sorry you found it an inconvenience. Happy travels!

Perfect hostel if you're looking to just stay while travelling through Liberia for a night. Cheap and clean, but workers aren't very nice.

Thank you for writing a review. We are happy you found the hostel reasonably priced and clean but we are concerned about your comment about the staff. Normally, we receives high marks for friendliness and helpfulness. We wish you would have added more detail so that we could address a specific issue if there is one. Happy travels!

Awesome place for layovers. Hostel owners are around and super helpful to help you in any way they can.

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed the hostel and found the staff helpful. Good luck on your around the world concert tour!!!

Great place to stay - Jesus and Shawn were lovely hosts with loads of information - we stayed on four different nights over the course of a week and it got to feel like we were part of the Hospedaje Dodero family in a way, and welcomed in with open arms each time! The hostel was very clean and the places to hang out were set up well. The hostel is also very quiet and felt like a tranquil space to hang out. Thanks for everything!

• 28th Mar 2015

My stay here has proven to be a good decision. The staff are truly passionate about providing good service. Every important detail, as far as I can see, has been seen to and the place runs like a fine machine. Gracias y adios Dr. Dodero and Senor Shawn!

• 28th Mar 2015

This place served its purpose. We needed a place to sleep for one night and an early morning departure. It was clean and safe.

Nice small dorms with a fan. Property is locked at all times, have to get staff to let you out as well as in. Outdoor kitchen. Cold showers. Friendly and helpful owner and staff. Great hostel.

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Staff is awesome. This was a family trip with my husband, son (24), daughter (21). The guests were a lot of fun as well. A very personable place. Our hosts took us out sight seeing to see some beautiful amazing waterfalls and canyons that we would never have known existed on our own. Then in the evening we enjoyed a delicious supper and watched the sunset. They even taught us how to Salsa dance. It was great fun. Top notch!

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Thank you for writing a review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and the River and Waterfall tour. We had a lot of fun that day! We hope you enjoyed there rest of your stay and learned how to surf in Tamarindo. Happy travels!

cheap and easy hostel, close to bus station. fine for a night or two, probably wouldn't stay longer-term. right on a really noisy road. transport to airport can be arranged- around $20

You get what you pay for. Yet I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this hostel. Very friendly and informative staff!!

Thank you for writing a review. We are happy you found the hostel a good value for the money. We hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. Pura Vida!

Wonderful owners! Very friendly, gave us a map of LIberia, and taught us how to salsa & merengue! Very clean as well.

• 4th Mar 2015

Shawn was very hospitable and super kind! I was traveling alone and he made me feel quickly comfortable with the place and the other people staying there. He took us all out in the city which is walking distance. There was a fiesta that night and we all had a good time. A shuttle service is offered from the airport (20$) which is very convenient for people who don't want to deal with buses, but otherwise for about 1.50$ a bus can get you there. Shower was a bit cold for those who care.

Well managed place, but no hot showers. Kitchen not very well equipped. Security v good

Great place at a great price.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Thanks so much for the review. We are happy you found the hostel a good value. We strive to keep costs down so we can offer a safe, clean and convenient option for travelers. Pura Vida!

The hostel is fine, I just wouldn't recommend staying in Liberia unless you really need to

I use this hostel for my three night visa runs from Nicaragua. As always, I enjoyed chatting with the proprietors and my follow travelers. My only complaint is that this place is becoming so popular that reservations are becoming more difficult to get. I will just have to book earlier. :)

Thank you for writing a review. I agree! We are getting so popular that I am forced to work harder! ;-) See you for your next visa run!

Jesus and Shawn are incredible hosts. They made our stay in Liberia a great one. They we extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They helped us arrange a good portion of our trip which got us off on the right step for visiting CR. The Hostel is very clean and in a great locator. Everything is within walking distance. James and Angie from Canada

• 17th Feb 2015

Very good place to stay for the money.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hostel our first night in Costa Rica. We stayed in the four bed mixed dorm room, which was quite small but the beds were comfortable and clean, there were large lockers to put your whole bags into. There were only two bathrooms for everybody in the hostel, but the hostel is small enough that you never wait. The common area is nice with a good sized and well stocked kitchen and lots of room to hang your wet towels and clothes. Staff were very helpful.

Thank you for writing a review. We are pleased you found everything clean and comfortable and you were able to take advantage of the kitchen and garden area. Happy travels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3