Hospedaje Dodero Reviews

100 mts north and 25 mts west of the principal bus, Liberia, Costa Rica

Great place at a great price.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Thanks so much for the review. We are happy you found the hostel a good value. We strive to keep costs down so we can offer a safe, clean and convenient option for travelers. Pura Vida!

I use this hostel for my three night visa runs from Nicaragua. As always, I enjoyed chatting with the proprietors and my follow travelers. My only complaint is that this place is becoming so popular that reservations are becoming more difficult to get. I will just have to book earlier. :)

Thank you for writing a review. I agree! We are getting so popular that I am forced to work harder! ;-) See you for your next visa run!

Jesus and Shawn are incredible hosts. They made our stay in Liberia a great one. They we extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They helped us arrange a good portion of our trip which got us off on the right step for visiting CR. The Hostel is very clean and in a great locator. Everything is within walking distance. James and Angie from Canada

• 17th Feb 2015

Very good place to stay for the money.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hostel our first night in Costa Rica. We stayed in the four bed mixed dorm room, which was quite small but the beds were comfortable and clean, there were large lockers to put your whole bags into. There were only two bathrooms for everybody in the hostel, but the hostel is small enough that you never wait. The common area is nice with a good sized and well stocked kitchen and lots of room to hang your wet towels and clothes. Staff were very helpful.

Thank you for writing a review. We are pleased you found everything clean and comfortable and you were able to take advantage of the kitchen and garden area. Happy travels!

Excellent stay! Super convenient location so clean and homey!

Definitely a transit town and hostel. This place was very clean and secure and had good facilities but lacked much space to hang out in, and also wasn't that close to anything in town so you didn't really go walking around at night.. So a bit of cabin fever. bur facilities and overall rating id give is great!

The staff ws very friendly and the location was perfect for us..... two blocks from the local bus station. The little kitchen was also functional. Our only issue was that we booked a private room with a bathroom and the bathromm did not have a toilet! It only had a shower. Dont bother paying for a private room with a bathroom.

• 28th Jan 2015

We are happy you enjoyed the hostel and sorry for the confusion with your room. The system has limited options for differentiating rooms so it is important to read the entire description. Ensuite could refer to a full bath or some combination of toilet, sink and/or shower. Our guests have found the extra $1 worth not waiting for a shower in the shared bathes. Happy travels!

It's a good, inexpensive place to stay for a night if you find yourself in Liberia.

• 27th Jan 2015

Dodero was great for a short stay. Friendly staff and very clean. Great location to get groceries or catch a bus to your next destination. Great stay!

• 26th Jan 2015

My stay here was nice. The only thing i would suggest changing is or at least enforcing to the guest themselves is to keep the common area clean. I understand that its cleaned twice a day and people are to clean up after themselves however it was just a little too unclean certain nights. Pots left old food left to spoil and smell. No one has a maid there, so therefore they should be obligated to cleaning up better. I hold the kitchen to much higher standards this is why I bring it up.

I booked a private room for one night after arriving to Liberia to rest before traveling the next day. Staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a great resting place, had a TV, wifi and a fan. Good value for money. One issue was the shower had no hot water.

Thank you for writing a review. We are so happy you enjoyed the hostel and were able to get some good rest. Yes, you will find that most showers in the hot regions of the country are without hot water. With it over 90F (32C) every day, most people enjoy the cool water. If your travels take you into the mountains where it can get cold at night, the showers are heated. Enjoy your trip!

I highly recommend hostel Dodero! It was very clean and welcoming. Staff was great and the hostel had a great atmosphere. Also, it is conveniently located only a few blocks away from the main bus stations. The staff helps and encourages guests to use the buses to travel to other places or to sites such as the awesome waterfall in order to to save money. I will stay there again and recommend to other travelers.

• 14th Jan 2015

Thank you so much for your recommendation! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Come back soon!

Great Hostel. Great Staff. We felt very comfortable and were happy about how clean it was. Also, great kitchen facilities. Very close to bus station which came in handy. We will stay here again, great value.

Thank you for the review. We are so happy you enjoyed the hostel and found the staff helpful. Come back soon!!!

The hostel is all right. There's a nice little garden with some hammocks and a communal kitchen. The private bathroom has actually just a cold water shower and there's only one shared bathroom for the five or so rooms. The guys that work there are very laid back, but almost too much so. They will answer your questions, but without any enthusiasm. It's a pretty basic place, but it's clean and it's fine as a temporary stopover in Liberia.

• 1st Jan 2015

Thank you for writing a review. We are glad you were happy with the hostel and apologize that you did not find us enthusiastic when answering your questions. You arrived on January 1st and everyone was a bit drained from the 20 person excursion to Playa del Coco for New Year's celebrations. I did want to clarify the number of shared bathes in the hostel. There are 2 full bathrooms shared by 8 rooms and 1 room has a private bathroom. Most guests find 1 bathroom per 4 guest rooms adequate.

Great place for a base bin Liberia

The friendliest, most accommodating staff I have ever encountered at a hostel. They are very knowledgeable and willing to help in any way.

• 24th Dec 2014

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased you enjoyed the hostel and found the staff helpful. We strive to give people all the help they need to enjoy their trip. Happy travels!

we loved this hostel. we stayed twice, and both rooms were nice. sometimes you stay in a hostel and you feel like you're sleeping in a little cement box when you've paid for a private room. this was not the case here. the communal backyard area is nice and because its not a huge space it forces occupants to converse (which is cool). the owners are incredibly helpful. the hostel is in a good location, right near the bus station and places to eat. overall, id definitely recommend this place

Great place to have a stopover

We had an amazing time. Jesus was so helpful. He probably knew everything possibly known to man about Liberia and the surroundings. Highly recommendable.

Thank you for the review. We are so happy you enjoyed the hostel and we could help you enjoy Liberia and the surrounding area. Happy Travels!