Hospedaje Dodero Reviews

100 mts north and 25 mts west of the principal bus, Liberia, Costa Rica

Owner has a HUGE amount of information! Super clean (gets cleaned many times a day), cosy little rooms and outdoor kitchen.

I don't think I could have picked a better place to stay in Liberia. I was picked up from the airport by the owner, at a cost cheaper than a taxi (always a plus :)). I had my own room, which was simple with a fan and even a TV, that I didn't get to use though. There is a little garden, which is nice to hang out in. They stored my bag for 1$/day while I went to Nicaragua. The local bus stop with buses to Nicaragua is a block away, very handy!! It's also easy to walk into town.

Usually in Costa Rica the area around the busstation is a little dodgy. Center is in walking distance, but I wouldnt walk around there after dark. The room was clean, very simple. The poor women at the reception hardly spoke a word with me although I am fluent in spanish.

Was better than expected. Great location with the perfect atmosphere. Sean and Jesus were wonderful and so helpful to a couple of first time Costa Rican visitors. Would certainly recommend staying there. Try the hammock, it's lovely!

• 22nd Mar 2014

The hostel has a good location, clean and feels safe. The staffs are really helpful and has a lot of knowledge about the city and the nearby attractions. They even went beyond and and helped me to get back my charger that I left behind. Great place!Thank You!

Thank you for writing a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to get your phone charger back to you. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Average in every way. My room was facing a noisy main road which was annoying!

Close to the main bus stations, it is a perfect base to explore nearby beaches and other tourist locations (eg Rincon de la Vieja). I felt very at-ease and the English-speaking owners helped tremendously.. I use this place for visa-runs from Nicaragua and it is highly recommended for others needing a place for three or more nights.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy that you enjoy the hostel and that you keep coming back. Send your expat friends that need a place to stay during their visa renewals! See you soon!

This is a good place to stay in Liberia. It is very close to the bus station and security is excellent as the front gate is always locked. You need to be let in or out by a member of staff. There is a basic kitchen and pleasant courtyard at the back where you can relax or eat meals. The interior of the building can feel a little cramped as there isn`t much space to move around and there aren`t many bathrooms either. The staff are English speaking and helpful and the dorms are comfortable.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy you found our beds comfortable, the hostel secure and the staff helpful. Enjoy your future travels!

Beautiful garden with hammocks and trees, very relaxing. Jesus and Shawn are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They offer great tours, and are conveniently located near public transport, markets, post office, etc. I really enjoyed my stay.

Thank you so for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Come back and see us soon! There are non-stop flights from NYC daily! ;-)

Jesus and Shawn were very welcoming. They provide a map of Liberia and good recommendations for activities and helped with planning and organizing of activities. They answered every question I asked and were very accommodating. There is excellent value for the cost of a room. I very much enjoyed my stay at Hospedaje Dodero.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and found our little city map so helpful. Come back and see us as you pass back through Liberia. Happy travels!

Clean and secure, close walk to the bus station, good starting off point for your costa rican adventures.

• 10th Jan 2014

Thank you for writing a review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Happy travels!

The location is very convenient for the bus station, stores, etc., but is quieter than most streets in Liberia. I felt very welcomed and safe, and will definitely stay there if I am ever in Costa Rica again. The owners are so friendly and helpful, and lots of fun, besides!

• 25th Dec 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Come back and see us soon.

super helpful staff! very clean!

• 22nd Nov 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy we could help with your travel planning. Happy travels!

Friendly Spanish & English-speaking owner, real mattresses, towel & soap provided, easy walk to the main bus terminal, very good price for private room with fan and TV, clean room and bathroom. If it had hot water I'd rate it "Excellent" across the board. I would definitely stay here again.

• 17th Oct 2013

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again if you pass back through. Happy travels!