Hospedaje Dodero Reviews

100 mts north and 25 mts west of the principal bus, Liberia, Costa Rica

Staff is awesome. This was a family trip with my husband, son (24), daughter (21). The guests were a lot of fun as well. A very personable place. Our hosts took us out sight seeing to see some beautiful amazing waterfalls and canyons that we would never have known existed on our own. Then in the evening we enjoyed a delicious supper and watched the sunset. They even taught us how to Salsa dance. It was great fun. Top notch!

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Thank you for writing a review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and the River and Waterfall tour. We had a lot of fun that day! We hope you enjoyed there rest of your stay and learned how to surf in Tamarindo. Happy travels!

cheap and easy hostel, close to bus station. fine for a night or two, probably wouldn't stay longer-term. right on a really noisy road. transport to airport can be arranged- around $20

You get what you pay for. Yet I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this hostel. Very friendly and informative staff!!

Thank you for writing a review. We are happy you found the hostel a good value for the money. We hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. Pura Vida!

Wonderful owners! Very friendly, gave us a map of LIberia, and taught us how to salsa & merengue! Very clean as well.

• 4th Mar 2015

Shawn was very hospitable and super kind! I was traveling alone and he made me feel quickly comfortable with the place and the other people staying there. He took us all out in the city which is walking distance. There was a fiesta that night and we all had a good time. A shuttle service is offered from the airport (20$) which is very convenient for people who don't want to deal with buses, but otherwise for about 1.50$ a bus can get you there. Shower was a bit cold for those who care.

Well managed place, but no hot showers. Kitchen not very well equipped. Security v good

Great place at a great price.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Thanks so much for the review. We are happy you found the hostel a good value. We strive to keep costs down so we can offer a safe, clean and convenient option for travelers. Pura Vida!

The hostel is fine, I just wouldn't recommend staying in Liberia unless you really need to

I use this hostel for my three night visa runs from Nicaragua. As always, I enjoyed chatting with the proprietors and my follow travelers. My only complaint is that this place is becoming so popular that reservations are becoming more difficult to get. I will just have to book earlier. :)

Thank you for writing a review. I agree! We are getting so popular that I am forced to work harder! ;-) See you for your next visa run!

Jesus and Shawn are incredible hosts. They made our stay in Liberia a great one. They we extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They helped us arrange a good portion of our trip which got us off on the right step for visiting CR. The Hostel is very clean and in a great locator. Everything is within walking distance. James and Angie from Canada

• 17th Feb 2015

Very good place to stay for the money.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hostel our first night in Costa Rica. We stayed in the four bed mixed dorm room, which was quite small but the beds were comfortable and clean, there were large lockers to put your whole bags into. There were only two bathrooms for everybody in the hostel, but the hostel is small enough that you never wait. The common area is nice with a good sized and well stocked kitchen and lots of room to hang your wet towels and clothes. Staff were very helpful.

Thank you for writing a review. We are pleased you found everything clean and comfortable and you were able to take advantage of the kitchen and garden area. Happy travels!

Excellent stay! Super convenient location so clean and homey!

Definitely a transit town and hostel. This place was very clean and secure and had good facilities but lacked much space to hang out in, and also wasn't that close to anything in town so you didn't really go walking around at night.. So a bit of cabin fever. bur facilities and overall rating id give is great!

The staff ws very friendly and the location was perfect for us..... two blocks from the local bus station. The little kitchen was also functional. Our only issue was that we booked a private room with a bathroom and the bathromm did not have a toilet! It only had a shower. Dont bother paying for a private room with a bathroom.

• 28th Jan 2015

We are happy you enjoyed the hostel and sorry for the confusion with your room. The system has limited options for differentiating rooms so it is important to read the entire description. Ensuite could refer to a full bath or some combination of toilet, sink and/or shower. Our guests have found the extra $1 worth not waiting for a shower in the shared bathes. Happy travels!

It's a good, inexpensive place to stay for a night if you find yourself in Liberia.

• 27th Jan 2015

Dodero was great for a short stay. Friendly staff and very clean. Great location to get groceries or catch a bus to your next destination. Great stay!

• 26th Jan 2015

My stay here was nice. The only thing i would suggest changing is or at least enforcing to the guest themselves is to keep the common area clean. I understand that its cleaned twice a day and people are to clean up after themselves however it was just a little too unclean certain nights. Pots left old food left to spoil and smell. No one has a maid there, so therefore they should be obligated to cleaning up better. I hold the kitchen to much higher standards this is why I bring it up.

I booked a private room for one night after arriving to Liberia to rest before traveling the next day. Staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a great resting place, had a TV, wifi and a fan. Good value for money. One issue was the shower had no hot water.

Thank you for writing a review. We are so happy you enjoyed the hostel and were able to get some good rest. Yes, you will find that most showers in the hot regions of the country are without hot water. With it over 90F (32C) every day, most people enjoy the cool water. If your travels take you into the mountains where it can get cold at night, the showers are heated. Enjoy your trip!

I highly recommend hostel Dodero! It was very clean and welcoming. Staff was great and the hostel had a great atmosphere. Also, it is conveniently located only a few blocks away from the main bus stations. The staff helps and encourages guests to use the buses to travel to other places or to sites such as the awesome waterfall in order to to save money. I will stay there again and recommend to other travelers.

• 14th Jan 2015

Thank you so much for your recommendation! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Come back soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3