Hospedaje Dodero Reviews

100 mts north and 25 mts west of the principal bus, Liberia, Costa Rica

Definitely a transit town and hostel. This place was very clean and secure and had good facilities but lacked much space to hang out in, and also wasn't that close to anything in town so you didn't really go walking around at night.. So a bit of cabin fever. bur facilities and overall rating id give is great!

It's a good, inexpensive place to stay for a night if you find yourself in Liberia.

• 27th Jan 2015

Dodero was great for a short stay. Friendly staff and very clean. Great location to get groceries or catch a bus to your next destination. Great stay!

• 26th Jan 2015

My stay here was nice. The only thing i would suggest changing is or at least enforcing to the guest themselves is to keep the common area clean. I understand that its cleaned twice a day and people are to clean up after themselves however it was just a little too unclean certain nights. Pots left old food left to spoil and smell. No one has a maid there, so therefore they should be obligated to cleaning up better. I hold the kitchen to much higher standards this is why I bring it up.

I booked a private room for one night after arriving to Liberia to rest before traveling the next day. Staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a great resting place, had a TV, wifi and a fan. Good value for money. One issue was the shower had no hot water.

Thank you for writing a review. We are so happy you enjoyed the hostel and were able to get some good rest. Yes, you will find that most showers in the hot regions of the country are without hot water. With it over 90F (32C) every day, most people enjoy the cool water. If your travels take you into the mountains where it can get cold at night, the showers are heated. Enjoy your trip!

I highly recommend hostel Dodero! It was very clean and welcoming. Staff was great and the hostel had a great atmosphere. Also, it is conveniently located only a few blocks away from the main bus stations. The staff helps and encourages guests to use the buses to travel to other places or to sites such as the awesome waterfall in order to to save money. I will stay there again and recommend to other travelers.

• 14th Jan 2015

Thank you so much for your recommendation! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Come back soon!

Great Hostel. Great Staff. We felt very comfortable and were happy about how clean it was. Also, great kitchen facilities. Very close to bus station which came in handy. We will stay here again, great value.

Thank you for the review. We are so happy you enjoyed the hostel and found the staff helpful. Come back soon!!!

The hostel is all right. There's a nice little garden with some hammocks and a communal kitchen. The private bathroom has actually just a cold water shower and there's only one shared bathroom for the five or so rooms. The guys that work there are very laid back, but almost too much so. They will answer your questions, but without any enthusiasm. It's a pretty basic place, but it's clean and it's fine as a temporary stopover in Liberia.

• 1st Jan 2015

Thank you for writing a review. We are glad you were happy with the hostel and apologize that you did not find us enthusiastic when answering your questions. You arrived on January 1st and everyone was a bit drained from the 20 person excursion to Playa del Coco for New Year's celebrations. I did want to clarify the number of shared bathes in the hostel. There are 2 full bathrooms shared by 8 rooms and 1 room has a private bathroom. Most guests find 1 bathroom per 4 guest rooms adequate.

Great place for a base bin Liberia

The friendliest, most accommodating staff I have ever encountered at a hostel. They are very knowledgeable and willing to help in any way.

• 24th Dec 2014

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased you enjoyed the hostel and found the staff helpful. We strive to give people all the help they need to enjoy their trip. Happy travels!

we loved this hostel. we stayed twice, and both rooms were nice. sometimes you stay in a hostel and you feel like you're sleeping in a little cement box when you've paid for a private room. this was not the case here. the communal backyard area is nice and because its not a huge space it forces occupants to converse (which is cool). the owners are incredibly helpful. the hostel is in a good location, right near the bus station and places to eat. overall, id definitely recommend this place

Great place to have a stopover

We had an amazing time. Jesus was so helpful. He probably knew everything possibly known to man about Liberia and the surroundings. Highly recommendable.

Thank you for the review. We are so happy you enjoyed the hostel and we could help you enjoy Liberia and the surrounding area. Happy Travels!

I had an excellent stay at Dodero, Jesus (the owner) is very helpful and welcoming. Also very clean rooms and perfect location about 1 min from the main bus terminal.

• 21st Dec 2014

Thank you for writing a review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we will see you again at the end of your trip. Happy travels!

Nice hostel, located right next to the two bus terminals of Liberia. Comfortable beds, very clean and nice garden with kitchen to use. The owner was very friendly and helpful for planning my stay in Liberia. Dorms are rather small, when fully booked it gets a little crowded.

Quiet time is 11pm-6am. This policy is strictly enforced as in you need to be quiet at 11 and noise starts at 6am.

Thank you for writing a review. I see from the numerical rating you that you enjoyed the hostel but I am confused about your comments. I assume that you preferred to stay up later and sleep in longer. The policy is in place so that everyone can get a good nights sleep but people can still be up and talking or watching TV but at low volumes. We cannot stop fellow guests from disturbing one another throughout the day but we do our best at those hours. Most guests appreciate this. Happy Travels

Ok for a 1 night stay, nothing to see in the city....

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Finland

Thank you for writing a review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. It is true that there is not much to see in town but it is a great place to absorb authentic Costa Rican culture as there are not many tourists. The real treasures lie just outside the city such as Llanos De Cortez waterfall, Rio Colorado and Rincon de la Vieja volcano. This makes Liberia a good base from which to explore these places. Happy travels!

All good really, no complaints. Clean, secure, good value for money, good location for the bus stations.

• 4th Dec 2014

The regular owner was away when we visited. The replacement guy was not very helpful, he had us booked in for another night and tried to blame it on us even though we had a printout of the booking email clearly stating we were correct. The room wasn't very clean and yet housekeeping had left an envelope asking for a tip to be left in it. I'm sure the regular owner is cool as the reviews were positive, but our experience was not very good.

Thank you for writing a review although I am a little confused. I checked the reservations book to see what might have gone wrong with your reservation and who was working at the time you arrived. I see a note saying you were a "no show" and I (the owner) was actually working that day. I wonder if you did not accidentally go to the other hostel a 1/2 block down. It seems as though this would have been realized once you produced the printout but maybe not. I apologize for the confusion.

The staff is very helpful and the treks,hikes they offer great value for money, If you go there, don't miss it! we saw so much wildlife in a few hours, The owner came with us and gave us lots of info about the nature you see. Thank you !

• 29th Nov 2014

Thank you for writing a review. We are happy you enjoyed the hostel and out hike at Rincon volcano. Enjoy the rest of your trip!