Fabulous 557 Total Reviews
Fabulous 557 Total Reviews
Hospedaje Dodero Located at 100 mts north and 25 mts west of the principal bus, , Liberia.
Costa Rica
Liberia Guanacaste 100 mts north and 25 mts west of the principal bus
86% 557
10.6320332 -85.4448151
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 41+
18th Jul 2016

The gentleman that helped us was extremely friendly. Even though we came in late and left early he was in good humor and ready to help. Everything was quite clean and pleasant. The traffic driving past was a bit noisy which was the only drawback. If you're accustomed to noise then would be no problem at all.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
13th Jul 2016

This hostel is definitely conveniently located if you are planning on taking public transit as it is a few blocks away from the bus station and a supermarket. I was only transiting through this hostel the day before my flight so I was not looking for activities to do close by but I know you could ask to book tours that would directly pick you up in from of the hostels. I rented a private room with a fan and everything was clean. The kitchen facilities are rather small but very functional!

Thank you for writing a review. We are happy you found the hostel conveniently located and clean. Happy travels!

12th Jul 2016

Such a cute little hostel. The owner Jesus is a really nice guy and was very helpful. It was very clean and safe. I had a great time there and would definitely recommend.

Thank you for writing a review. It is wonderful to hear you found the hostel clean and secure and the owner to be friendly and helpful. Have a great trip!

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
11th Jul 2016

This was just a quick overnight stay for us as we made our way further south. We had a very long bus ride and were ready to pass out when we got in! The staff were so nice and so helpful. It was the perfect place to regroup and get ready for our next day's travel. Definitely two thumbs up to this place! We wished we could have stayed longer!

• USA, Male, 25-30
11th Jul 2016

Had a great one night stay here. Great location with respect to the bus station and the airport. Sean and Jesus were extremely helpful in arranging a pickup from the airport and even kept an eye on the flight after it was delayed 3 hours and waited up late to let us in when we finally arrived. They also were a great help in providing recommendations for our trip and gave me some contacts to call and let me borrow their phone to arrange a rental care. I'd recommend this place to anyone! :)

• France, Female, 25-30
10th Jul 2016
6.0

Staff not necessarily welcoming, fairly cold. We were a couple and had a bunk bed and a single bed..needed to pay extra for a towl, no breakfast, kitchen outside and not so clean showers - no hot water. Not downtown. There were only two options to stay in Liberia so we took it but I would not recommand a stay there. You need to ask the front desk to come and open the door for you everytiñe you want to get in and out... tiring.

We have read your review. All the items you mentioned are plainly listed with hostelworld; towel for hire, breakfast not included, etc. The outdoor kitchen is a reflection of province you were visiting. It is constantly hot here so an outdoor kitchen is very common. By the way, cold showers are quite common in this province for the same reason. The most confusing part of your review is your critic of the staff. I personally spent at least an hour or more showing you the hostel and helping you with your planning since you did not realize the National Park was closed on Monday. I then graciously allowed you to cancel your second night so you did not waste a day of your trip. I would agree that our interaction was tiring....

• jomunkenbeck9954
  • Canada, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
7th Jul 2016

We were upgraded to a private double which was nice, the whole place was spotlessly clean and extremely secure. The only issue I had with the security was that the staff were the only people with a key to let you in or out of the property and I felt bad if I came and went a lot. Also the double didn't have any real power points, only 2 prong ones so i couldn't charge my laptop in the room. Didn't really use the kitchen but it looked nice and the location was great! so close to bus station!

Thank you for writing a review. We are happy to hear you found the hostel clean, secure and conveniently located. Security is one of our top priorities so access is controlled by staff but it is never a bother. Have a great trip!

• USA, Female, 25-30
3rd Jul 2016

This is very likely the best place to stay in Liberia if you're looking for an affordable/ helpful place to see some sites around Liberia or after flying into Liberia. Jesus and Sean who run the hostel are fantastic- they are extremely knowledgeable and will help you with whatever travel plans you have around Costa Rica/ Nicaragua. The hostel is extremely safe as no one comes in or out of the hostel with out one of them knowing. The facilities are good with a nice shared kitchen, AC available.

• USA, Female, 25-30
1st Jul 2016

Our stay was great! Shawn and Jesus were attentive to our needs and had a great system for making travelers feel at home and secure. The rooms and facilities were clean and were a great value.

Thank you for writing a review. It is wonderful to hear you had such a good experience. We are happy you found the staff attentive and the rooms and facilities clean. Happy travels!

• USA, Male, 31-40
27th Jun 2016

Jose and Sean were very helpful. If I didn't have a room where I can control the ac unlike my friends I don't think my experience would've been as pleasant. I'm so happy I did. This was my first hostel. I think I will try one on Jamaica.

Thank you for writing a review. We are happy you found the staff helpful. We just wanted to note that anyone who books a room with AC, has control of the AC. The room your friend booked was with fan but because this is an interior room it has a vent to share the AC with the adjoining room for ventilation; actually a bonus! ;-) Happy travels!