Hospedaje Dodero Reviews

100 mts north and 25 mts west of the principal bus, Liberia, Costa Rica

This place is super clean and in a great location. So close to the bus station but also really quite at night. We had a great night sleep. It also has a very clean communal kitchen and hang out area. Would absolutely recommend. The host, Jesus, was very accommodating with transportation and tourist advice.

I'm afraid we really didn't feel very welcome from the owners, and know that others felt the same. It seems a shame as most reviews say the owners are really friendly, so perhaps we just caught them at a bad time.

Thank you for writing a review. We are sorry you did not feel very welcome. We do wish you were more specific about what made you feel this way so that we could address it. Hopefully you enjoyed the rest of your trip. Happy travels!

Hostel is okay but nothing more. It's quite expensive and you get almost empty room no window. Yard is too small no privacy. Owner like controlling all the time what is going on in the kitchen and yard. I felt very safe and there is clean but for 36$ I would expect something more.

• 26th Jan 2016
  • Poland

Basic hostel, VeRy safe and clean. Good for 1 night

The staff makes it an awesome place

Thank you for writing a review. It is always great to hear the staff is making a guest's experience good. We hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. Happy travels!

Generous, genuine, extremely helpful, smart and nice, Jesus and Scott run a great ship to make you feel like your in a home away from home while on your adventures. They give great advice for activities to do if you come into Liberia with no plans, like I did.

Thank you for writing a review. We had a wonderful time with you and your sister and are glad we could help you with your trip planning and excursions. Come back soon!

This wasnt great - he's not very friendly and takes bookings until then he's overbooked and then sends you to his mothers hostel down the street (Hostek Pura Vida) tthat isn't nearly as nice I didn't ask for a receipt when I paid her and she tried to get me to pay for for my room again when I checked out-if you can stay somewhere else I'd do it.

Thank you for writing a review. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations. We would like to clarify that we do not ever overbook. In your particular case, we had other guests that had stayed several days and wanted to stay several more but there was no space just one night for them. It seemed more practical to move you to the other hostel since you were only staying one night while the other guests would have needed to move for just one night while staying several. Again, we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Hopefully the rest of your trip went well. Happy travels!

It was a good place to start our backpacking adventures. Unfortunately the atmosphere was lackluster. The fellows that run the hostel are great and are very helpful.

Dodero was awesome. He has great suggestions , clear directions ..we took the public bus to chill in the LLena Cortez falls. Our room was perfect with nice art work , air conditionning and private shower. Outdoor cocina well equipped in a perfect setting

• 16th Jan 2016

Thank you for writing a review. Its great to hear that we were able to give you an awesome experience. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed the room and excursion suggestions. We hope the rest of your trip was wonderful. Happy travels!

A clean comfortable bed in a clean hostel. The owner is lovely and very helpful and kind. I will stay here every time I fly into or out of liberia. Excellent value hostel. Plenty of eateries nearby.

One of the best hotels I've stayed in. Surely one I'll return to when I'm in Liberia. Very helpful staff, clean, super Wi-fi connection, close to the bus terminals, everything was perfect.

I thought the owner was very helpful. He made me feel very safe and taken care of and has a very precious dog and a cat :)

• 12th Jan 2016

This hostel is nothing special but it's affordable and it has all the basic amenities. when I arrived the staff member working did not speak much English and I not much Spanish but he did his best to help me out and was able to arrange a taxi to the airport for me for the morning and direct me to where to buy food. It is a little strange that u have to be let in and out by hostel staff but I think this was for our security. The area isn't beautiful but it's right by the bus stations

Don't expect much, this is a hostel that you want to stay at if you need to take a local bus out of town. Host was nice and the facilities were a little below our standards but we felt safe enough locked in Behind steel gates. The back patio was ok and the people were nice. Don't expect much and you will be ok here.

There's a woman who works there that went above and beyond for us. My friend had left her phone in the shuttle and she made call after call to track down the driver. We didn't know the company we had booked with and she called our previous hostel and even the restaurant next to the place where we booked the shuttle! All her work paid off and my friend was able to get her phone back that day. I didn't catch her name but she was amazing! Thank you!

• 6th Jan 2016

Thank you for writing a review. It is always great to hear when the staff goes above and beyond for a guest. Her name is Lisbeth and we will pass along this review and make sure she gets a little bonus for her efforts. Have a wonderful trip!

Liberia isn't a particularly fascinating place, but Hospedaje Dodero is very convenient for anyone arriving to either bus station. The rooms are clean and inexpensive. I enjoyed chatting with the owner, who had put together some GREAT packets of information on the city, day trips, and bus routes. Great place to spend a night or two.

I love the hammock in the back. After a day of hot buses and traveling, relaxing in the hammock in the shade was exactly what I needed.

• 4th Jan 2016

Great hostel. Super convenient as it's just a block away from the bus station and Jesus was really helpful with information. I definitely recommend it.

Jesus and Sean were very personable and helpful, they made my first day in Costa Rica a fun-filled and adventure-packed day! They know all the best local beaches, sodas and bakeries. They are great to hang out with for the day or just have a conversation with! My only critique is that it was not quite clear that I would be charged $30 for a visit to the beach. It was My impression that the charge was for snorkeling only. Either way, it was a very great stay!

• 3rd Jan 2016

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed the stay and found the staff helpful. I am confused about the trip to the beach though. The trip was to snorkel but you were not sure if you wanted to snorkel or just enjoy the secluded beach, swim, have drinks and relax in a hammock. Either way, I thought it was clear you were going on a paid tour. I wish you had mentioned it at checkout instead of simply paying so we could have discussed it. We are glad you enjoyed it anyway! Happy travels!

Cosy place close to the busstation. Very helpful owners. Would stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3