Hospedaje Magallanes Reviews

Magallanes 570, Punta Arenas, Chile

You need a little bit of attention in the main desk. Just a little more at least by night

• 9th Nov 2015
  • Argentina

Thanks for your review. Unfortunately, I don't really understand what you are trying to tell us (and/ or other travelers). ;-) We have been working as tour operators and guides in Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego for many, many years and are happy to share everything we know with all our guests - bubt not only at our front desk, but also when we're enjoying a BBQ... ;-) Cheers, Sebastian.-

Pros: great staff, great location. Mirasol is very generous with helping visitors. Very fast wifi and ample hot water. Very clean. Great breakfast. One con: no guardrails on the upper bunks. Was a bit afraid I was going to roll out of bed in the middle of the night.

Thanks for your great review! Yes, 40Mbit/s at the End of the World is pretty cool! Woohoooo!!! ;-) Happy Travels! --Sebastian

NO MICROWAVE. Otherwise a good hostel. All-carb breakfast of homemade yogurt and bread, with jam, butter and museli/oatmeal. Yogurt was great, bread better than most in Chile. Two blocks from main street and the SUR bus terminal, and one block from a giant supermarket. Small kitchen with NO MICROWAVE. Best wifi in Chile.

A great place not only to stay also to plan your trip through the Patagonia Austral. It's everything a good Hostel should be, comfortable beds, hot showers, warm facilities, kitchen and a amazing homemade breakfast. Regardless of it, I think that the most important thing is that the owners will share all the knowledge they have about the Patagonia.

Perfect! That's exactly how we would decribe ourselves! Please send us all your good friends! :-) Happy Travels! --Sebastian

Great hostel!! The location isn't really that important bc the city is so small. My boyfriend and I loved our night here. The breakfast is delish, the staff is beyond friendly AND super a knowledgable of Torres Del Paine (the owner was a park ranger there for 15 years), the showers are really, REALLY wonderful, and the dog that is there is just the cutest.you also get towels to use and the beds are nice :)

Wow! What an awesome review! Thanks! ... a little correction though: my wife and I have been working as tour operators specializing in adventure and nature travel in Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego for many, many years - I also worked as a guide (not a park ranger) for over 10 years. We're happy to share everything we know with all of our guests... ;-) Cheers, Sebastian.-

I liked the hostel, and would stay there again. Its close to the buses, and next to the supermarket. The owners were nice, and it had a homey feeling. The shower was great and everything was clean. The only thing I would suggest is for them to put a heater in the room, it was extremes cold até night. Loved the cakes on the breakfast table.

Thanks for your very nice review and thanks for staying with us! Remember, now you can send us all your friends! :-) Best

View all Punta Arenas Hostels