Hospedaje Turistico Recoleta Reviews

Jiron Pumacahua 160, Tahuantinsuyo, Cuzco, Cusco, Peru

1981 Total Reviews

The place is very calm and so clean, the staff is really polite and helpful. Great breakfast, hot showers, at 10 minutes walking from Plaza de Armas. Luggage storage available for trekking and laundry service on place. One thing: the private bathroom is outside of the room. We strongly recommand this hostel !!

• 12th May 2015

We stayed here for 4 nights total, both before and after a trek to Machu Picchu. Friendly staff, and a cute hostel cat that wanders about. Great breakfast (pancakes one morning!), good wifi, and lots of common space to meet other travellers. Shared bathrooms had nice hot showers and we never seemed to wait for them despite the hostel being full. Good value and quick laundry service, and secure baggage storage during our trek. About a 10 minute walk into town, or a 4-5 soles taxi ride.

This would be an excellent hostel if it weren't so far out of the old part (15min walk which doesn't feel safe after dark, though they say it's ok until 22:00). Taxis are hard to find after 18:00). It's not very social so it's not ideal if you're traveling solo. It's quiet though, very helpful and nice staff and haswider than average bunks. Hot water and wifi mostly ok and the breakfast is varied. The 4-beddorm was nicer than the private room I got. Bathrooms (shared and private are immaculate).

A little expensive for cusco but we were very happy with it. It was a super nice, comfy and clean hostel. A lot of space and places to lounge around. Staff kept our bags safe as we hiked 5 day to machu picchu.

This hostel is very far from downtow. Terrible Atmosphere. Wifi doesn't work!!!!

I loved this place. It is about a 15 minute walk to the main square which was fine with me. I is not a party place at all which I also liked. The crowd tended to be slightly older than a traditional hostel, I'd say 25+. The staff were good and friendly, breakfast was enough to get you going in the morning. I had a double bed with private bathroom (room 1) which I really liked. Only issue was hot water pressure which was a dribble. If I'm every back in Cusco this is where I'll look to stay.

Javier and his team are very helpful and friendly. We stayed here for 5nights in total, before and after our Inca trek. It was no problem to store luggage during the trek. We arrived at 4am the first day from lake titicaca and was allowed to sleep on the couch while we waited for the room! Our double room had our own bathroom, the water was always hot. Bottled water, extra pillows and blankets are available. Hostel recoleta is approx a 15minute walk from plaza de armas. Cleanest hostel around!

best staff in cusco! they helped with all questions, and made my stay wonderful. great hostel and it was a great walk on recoleta every day back and forth. thanks again!

I really enjoyed my stay there and would recommend the hotel. Here some + and - aspects. positive aspects: - well. For me thats positive: the hostel is not located in centre of the town, but in a very quiet block, easily accessible by walking; - the hostel is very quiet and that helps a lot to sleep; - nice alpaca covers in the beds; - amazing and helpfull crew. negative points: - unstable wifi; - the protein supply at breakfast is poor: only 1 egg for guest.

I thoroughly enjoyed my staff. The bathrooms were very clean, the breakfast is excellent (love the cafecito!), and there are some nice common areas for guests to use. Would definitely recommend this for budget travellers...excellent value. It is about a 12 minute walk to the Plaza de Armas. Near to the hostel there are some great eateries.

Overall a great hostel. Not exactly in centre of town/action but only a 10-15 min walk away. VERY clean and well maintained. Be wary of room allocation as noise travels easily and too much in some parts. Early morning wakeups and late night socializing could be heard a bit too much which affected sleep. Staff and owner are great and run the place well. Lots of resources and info available. Breakfast was excellent. A good choice for Cusco esp given the price and room options.

Amazing hotel, great Wifi and good breakfast. We loved our stay so much that we booked another 10 days. We talked to others and checked online. And we don't think we can find a better value. The staf are very helpful.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Norway

Great hostel. We were looking for a relaxed environment and we definitely found it here. Stayed longer than planned just to enjoy the peace and quiet. Breakfast is great, the building itself is beautiful, and everything is super clean. The owner, Javier, truly cares about your stay, and wants to make it the best possible experience. Tempted to stay longer. 10's across the board.

My travel mates and I stayed here for one night, then moved to a hostel closer to Plaza de Armas. It was a wonderful place to stay. The only bad thing is how far away it is from the action. I also got the feeling it wasn't in the safest of neighborhoods. I'm sure other reviewers will indicate the same thing. If I were to visit Cusco again, there are plenty of reasonably priced options closer to the main square and sights.

Thank you for your comment, I only want say you that is true, our place is a wonderful place to stay , Our location is not ONLY SAVE, IS VERY SAVE !!! the reviewers mention that our neighborhood is very local, all is more authentic, and of course all is very cheap, restaurant, etc,when you mention action of course, this place is not a party hostel, is more for relax!!!

Javier is super friendly, always happy to answer any questions. The hostel is full of cool features. Breakfast also includes an omelette and papaya juice.

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

lovely hostal, good atmosphere, facilities and comfortable rooms. Kitchen is one of th best ive used, and th shower is always hot. We left for two days to visit Machu Picchu, as we only took hand luggage we left are backpacks in storage with no charge. A special mention to Javier who is very helpful, full of knowledge and goes the xtra mile to make your stay special. So good we came back for a second time. Highly reccomend

Dear Guest, thanks for your review. We are really happy you have enjoyed your experience here, Definitely Recoleta hostel is the best place to stay and meet people , we hope to see you soon to share better experiences. Best regards, Recoleta hostel..

Best hostel in Peru!

Thank you for your great comment, we are really happy your stay was pleasant in Recoleta hostel, we look forward seeing you soon. Regards. Recoleta..

Thank you to Javier and the staff of Hospedaje Turistico Recoleta.

Wonderful hostel. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. Our room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The breakfast is good. The hostel itself has a nice relaxed atmosphere, perfect base from which to explore Cusco.

Really comfortable hostel, nice and quiet if you want to relax in cusco, comfortable warm beds, good bathroom facilities, big lockers for dorm rooms and a very nice breakfast every morning. I would definitely stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4