Hospedaje Turistico Recoleta Reviews

Jiron Pumacahua 160, Tahuantinsuyo, Cuzco, Cusco, Peru

Great cozy hostel in fantastic location in walking distance to everything. Staff are amazing and will do anything for you. Highly recommend staying here, will definitely be visiting again if I make it back to Cusco.

The staff are always very patient and receptive and deal with pretty much everything people throw at them. The manager is very welcoming with impeccable manners and is very clear when giving information. For a non-party out of town location (but only a 10 minute walk down Recoleta into town), this is definitely the place to be. The staff work hard to keep the place spick and span so it really is very good value.

A brilliant quite hostal with lovely staff and a nice chilled atmosphere. A must if planning to stay in cuzco. Clean, friendly and safe.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • danielthehostelman

This hostel was a very welcoming place giving us coca tea as soon as we arrived for altitude sickness. The staff were incredibly kind and accomodating and were very helpful with booking tours and providing excellent information and tips for cusco. This hostel is incredibly clean and the building had a great atmosphere. Javier is absolutely wonderful!! They were great with storing luggage when we were trekking and it was very safe and secure. Overall fantastic hostel would definitely recommend!

• 13th Jul 2014

Great Hostel! The staff is very helpful and lovely. I travelled with my family and they loved the place as well. As soon as we arrived they gave us a coca tea for the altitude sickness. Also, for small periods, the hostel offered you a locker where you can let your luggage and then you get it back. About the location, its only 15 minutes walk from the plaza de armas. Thye place is clean and safe. One of my favorites hostels!

• 12th Jul 2014

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room and facilities are clean and in a good location. Breakfast is ok, fresh orange juice, coffee, tea and 2 pieces of bread with butter and jam. For the price, it's a steal! They also heald our bags while we were on our trek. Had free wi-fi and movies to watch.

Great staff and quiet location. It is far from the Plaza de Armas. There is one street that is super narrow that makes it hard to walk through. Overall great hostel

Easily one of the best hostels I have stayed during my 7month traveling. The staff are kind, considerate, helpful and definitely go out of there way to ensure a good stay! The hostel is extremely clean, with fresh towels and hot water. Free wifi is available and fast. Definitely recommend this to anyone who is staying cuzco whether its short or long stay.

• 5th Jul 2014

It's not a hostel- more of a hotel. Perfect for recouping or resting before a trek! The staff were lovely and the rooms were basic but have everything you need!

We stayed here the night before and after our Inca Trek to Machu Picchu so that we could be in a quiet atmosphere and get good sleep. Hostel is nice, good breakfast compared to other hostels. It was tough getting hot water in the showers. We had the room which is right by the reception which is pretty noisy because you hear everyone checking in. Other than that, we had a nice stay here.

It's 15 min or more walk from Plaza de Armes, and the location is situated outside of the the old city. Facilities are a bit old.

The hostel is nice. Some (small) negative sides: - no fruits for breakfast - There may not be enough hot water when the hostel is full.

The staff here were exceptionally friendly and accomodating. I definitely recommend this hostel.

This hostel was my home base during my time in Peru, and every time I came back, it was like coming home. Very helpful staff, amazingly clean, and nice atmosphere with lots of great sitting areas. Met loads of people to travel and share stories with. I stayed in 3 different rooms, and all were comfortable and inviting. This is one of the BEST hostels I've stayed in!

• 16th Jun 2014

Very friendly and helpful, great communication, they looked after our luggage upon transferral from our tour company until our arrival. We had an early bus in the morning and they got up early to ensure we had breakfast!

A really great place if you need a quiet night's sleep. Awesome value for a private bedroom. Only downside is the hot water runs out really fast, and the breakfast is so-so. Extremely friendly and helpful staff.

Love this place. Incredibly relaxing, so many places to chill out. Small, adequate kitchen, staff are great and breakfast light but good. 10 minute walk from the plaza, ideal for couples wanting to relax before or after the heavy inca trail. Recommend!

we stayed at this hostel 4 nights before and after visiting machu picchu ,very lovely place with very clean and big enough rooms, staff was super helpful and friendly I can basically say that best hostel we stayed in south America!

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

The common rooms seem like it is set up well to meet other travelers but we stayed on a night when no one else was there. The doorm was clean and comfortable. I was disappointed when I tried to get information from one of the workers on Machu Picchu. I didn't want to book a tour through the hostel so he was very withholding of any kind of helpful information and didn't seem interested to help.

We stayed for about 2 weeks and thought it was a great hostel. Very friendly and helpful staff, 15 minute walk to the centre of town, quite, comfy, clean, highly recommended for all travellers.