Hospedaje Turistico Recoleta Reviews

Jiron Pumacahua 160, Tahuantinsuyo, Cuzco, Cusco, Peru

Staying here for 2 nights and enjoy it a lot. Great environment with budget price. Friendly staffs capable to meet most of the requests. Just some improvement required for the consistency of warm water. Overall a recommended choice for all backpackers in Cuzco!

Beautiful and peaceful hostel. A 15 minute walk from the square but worth it to stay in a relaxing and guesthouse-like atmosphere.

A reasonably good hostel. In short - 1. Not a party hostel 2. Very friendly staff 3. Most of the rooms had hot water and water pressure 4. Very secure 5. A fifteen - twenty minute walk to the main plaza (which can be a bit taxing if you are yet to acclimatize to the altitude) 6. Excellent breakfast I would stay there again.

• 27th Oct 2015

We enjoyed this hostel. It is in a good location. The showers were cold and washrooms were not the cleanest. Good value for money overall.

We enjoyed this hostel. It was a bit out of the main area, but we found it very clean with a better than usual breakfast. Staff gave good advice though we would've gotten more had our Spanish been better. Showers were hot and it was a good place to meet other friendly travellers.

This is a nice place to retreat to if you want to get away from the noise of central Cuzco. It's maybe a 10 minute walk from the Plaza de Armas. It's not a party place, but a quieter laid back type of hostel. My biggest complaint would be that the hardwood floors carry sound and can be very squeaky, but a nice place overall.

Super friendly staff and very accommodating. One of my favourite hostels for the atmosphere and staff. The breakfast was great. You always get coffee or tea, juice or banana shakes and bread, plus eggs or amazing pancakes. That is more than most hostels I have ever been to.

• 19th Oct 2015

A nice quiet hostel located about 15 minutes from the center. Staff is very nice and helpful. Breakfast every morning was great! I stayed here before and after my Inca Trail treck and kept my stuff there while I was away on the trek. Good wifi, I only got hot water in the shower in the morning. Over all a great expierence and would come back again!

Great staff! Very friendly and welcoming! The rooms are very clean and comfortable! It is not the closest to City Center but is in perfect walking distance! We had a Great stay there, will definitely repeat the experience!

Always my favorite place to stay in cusco. Great place to rest after the treks. Owner and staff are amazing to no end!! Home always from from home and yes very hot showers and great common area (living room with plenty of DVD to watch) . Thank you for the lovely stay!!

We stayed in this hostel before completing our Machu Picchu trek. The hostel is really clean and spacious. Good breakfast included. The staff are really friendly and helpful. It is located a short walk from the main plaza but we didn't mind this. It is a quiet hostel, not one for partygoers. But this suited is perfectly as we needed to rest before our trek. Overall a great family run hostel.

I booked a private room with its own bathroom but the bathroom wasn't an ensuite. You have to cross the corridor to it. Had I known this I would have booked the cheaper private rom with shared bathroom.

Great family-run hostel in Cusco. The staff helps you with all you need: arranging trips, taxis, baggagestorage etc. Super friendly and nice atmosphere. Fine rooms and public areas with both dar, fussball, tabletennis and a lot of movies.

Bathroom had a lot of mold. So much mold that it made the bedroom smell. The bathroom needs to be scrubbed with bleach and soap on a daily basis. The man that runs the place made me feel very uneasy. He also claimed to be ale to book tours, but that was only partially true. We later found that the very expensive taxi tour he had us take, could have been done much cheaper in a small group with an English speaking guide.

Definetly this guests are talking about other place, always our baths and rooms in general are very clean, and spotles,, by the way, is very strange how after stay some days in our place not mention nothing to respect. We only arrange one taxi(a company) not a tour to visit a ruins out of Cusco, we say the price in advance and for they was ok, and they pay direct the taxi company,.What we made bad??, if only try to help this guests in any moment!!

Great hostel, 10-15 minutes away from the plaza de armas. Security is very good, with locked dorms and big lockers. Washrooms are big with hot water. I was also able to leave my bag there for a few days while I went hiking.

Clean, towels included, and helpful staff. Only downside was no hot water in the middle of the night - when you're sick from the altitude, this is noticeable!

The Hospedaje Turistico Recoleta has been great value for money. It's very clean, the staff are very helpful (thank you to your team). One of the best surprises has been breakfast and the variety you get. Something different everyday. Pancakes, scrambled egg, fruit salad. It has some good chill areas and if you're looking for a good nights sleep before or after your treks and tours, I highly recommend this place. Ohhh...one final thing...very hot showers!

• 28th Sep 2015

Great hostel. Short and safe walk from Cusco center. Hot showers and good WiFi. Excellent breakfast as well

Great hostel, it's located at walking distance from the towncentre, in the more quiet part of the city. The accomodation was excellent, good beds and uitilities. Further is the terras a nice place to relax or spend most of the evening. The breakfast is really good, healthy and tasty. The staff is always there to help if needed. For the price payed per night it is worth visiting again.

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 18-24

"Hospedaje Turístico Recoleta" made me feel very welcome, so much that I went back for a second stay. Very quiet hostel, family-environment. The staff is absolutely kind, warm, welcoming and helpful; thank you very much Javier and your great team; you made me feel at home. This antique, big, traditional peruvian house, is very clean, with good facilities and NICE breakfast, with eggs! Can't be better, especially considering the excellent price! Take a cab to arrive/leave at night, just caution.