Hospedaje Yaxha Reviews

Avenida 15 de septiembre, 2nd floor of Cafe Arqueologico Yaxha, Flores, Guatemala

A good hostel. Needs a little updating. Food was very tasty. Friendly Aussie owner who should turn the place around! Cheap and cheerful. Tip - put two fans in the rooms!

Awesome food, awesome staff and awesome rooms! Definitely recommend staying here in Flores !

Average hostel.. Nothing crazy positive, nothing crazy negative to say. They had a large fan in room which worked well. Shower was fine. Offered an inexpensive breakfast right in the restaurant part of the hostel. Good value for our private room.

Good place to stay. The owner and staff are really helpful and the food is freshly made - not the cheapest price in the area but delicious!

Stayed here 2 nights and really enjoyed the rooms. They were very spacious, private bathroom, and clean. Great location and staff was helpful! Mitos tour company is a 2 minute walk-and I highly recommend this tour company as well!

• 11th Jul 2014

The hostel is right above the bar/cafe, so it's a bit noisy, but overall, it was cheap and easy-going with large rooms and we had an ensuite, which is always nice. (Though the shower did flood our room one night). There's no air conditioning but you shouldn't expect that anywhere in Guatemala unless you're paying a lot for your room. It was definitely nice that we had an overhead fan, though.

Good hostel. Decent sized rooms. Helpful Australian guy who was ready to recommend places to go and things to do.

Best accomodation in Flores if you travel on a budget! I have been there several times in different accomodations including the most expensive hotel. Very good choice of breakfasts included. Clean rooms with hot shower and fan. Very nice and forthcoming people take care of you! You can book daytrips to the Mayan sites prepared by public presentations of the owner - an archeologist. I also took Spanish lessons in the associated Spanish school located in a roof top bar with an amazing lakeview.

• 5th Jul 2014

Overall nice but, the common area had quite an echo to it so if anyone hung out late at night I could hear everything in my room. Not so great when waking up at 4 for the tikal hike. Very nice room with super hot showers. The room did get a bit hot but we borrowed an extra fan. Very nice location along the waterfront, short walk from a bunch of restaurants and shops. I was not happy with the tour service Pat helped us book for our shuttle to tikal. Do not use San Juan tours and dont let Pat book

not long been taken over by new mgt- now australian run- real helpful guy - he could make great things of the hostel- i would recommend the aussie breakfast- vegemite and toast!!!

The hotel is awesome for backpackers. Has everything you need huge clean room comfy bed with ensuite. The hostel manager was awesome made us feel right at home, felt like we where staying with a friend we had known for years superb service. Also the food is really good and pretty cheap so was perfect for us

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Tfbattista

Great place to stay, the rooms were nice and clean and the staff are all really friendly. The food was great, I tried the Mayan fish special and really liked it. I will be recommending Hospedaje Yazha to friends.

• 9th Jun 2014

Realy nice place!!! just renovated!!!! my girlfriend and I had a realy good time there.... nice and huge private room with a big and clean shower.... staff was also very nice and helped us planing our time in flores and tikal.... also very good and cheap food!!!!

• 4th Jun 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for just one night the room was spacious and clean. The location of the hotel was very central and felt very secure. We had breakfast in the restaurant the following morning which was delicious, highly recommend the pancakes and smoothies.

• 22nd May 2014

The room was very simple, but ok for the money. Staff was partly a bit undermotivated.

The place was pretty run down and dreary. I booked a private room, which had so dirty floors that you had to wear shoes all the time. The room itself was amazingly ugly, felt more like a prison cell because lack of furniture. Showers had only cold water and it kept running 10 mins after closing the tap. I can't really think a reason why one should stay here, I'm sure you can find better places from Flores.

Would not recommend this hostel as it doesn't cater to a backpackers needs. There is no common area to sit down in. There is inadequate air conditioning/fan in the bedroom and therefore difficult to sleep. The shower was cold and showerhead in very poor condition leading to water spraying all over bathroom rather than you!

This hostel could have used some cleaning up. Especially the floors in the room.. But still ok.

View all Flores Bed and Breakfasts