Hospedaria Recanto do Porto Reviews

Av. Sete de Setembro 3438 Ladeira da Barra, Salvador, Brazil

Of all hostels I´ve stayed in across South America, this was the dirtiest by far. There is 1 toilet in the female bathroom, which was dirty for 12 hours because the cleaner was not there & the 2 other workers at the hostel refused to clean. My bed was not ready when I arrived at night, and the worker just threw the old sheets onto the floor outside the room. I had to leave in early morning and was only able to get out because I could fit my hand through the gate to ring bell and wake owner.

It is a very good hostel, it a good location and a very good place to make friends. The bathrooms are not very nice, but it is ok.

We really enjoyed staying in this hostel the staff were extremely welcoming and took care of our needs. The breakfast was pretty decent with a lot of fruit. The area was a good location for the beach and restaurants.

The staff was very cool, always helping me with what I needed. It´s just what I needed, a safe place to leave my bags and to sleep a couple of hours. Good breakfast.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Nice place located by a nice and not so crazy beach. Good value for your money, I would stay again.

This hostel is quite a paradox: superb location, lovely staff but the facilities are zero AND the information is very missleading the website. When I booked and room with 4 beds I thought that the room would have 4 beds. The truth is that gettting getting there the room had 14 beds that, separated by walls it look a room with 4 BUT, please, we are inteligent: there is only one room with 14 beds ad one bathroom. Window are rusty and broken, the lockers are brokend and unsafe. NOT GOOD AT ALL

When we arrived we were chucked into our room not told anything about the place. It's was over priced, damp everywhere, locks and taps falling off, they bleached our clothes in the laundry and lost some of them. The location was ok but the beach was full of drugged up people so quite scary. He even tried over charging us for the room. Terrible, probably the worst place I've stayed

• 24th Jun 2014

great location, very cheap for dates during the world cup but cleanliness of the hostel (especially the bathrooms) could definitely be improved

I strongly recommend not to stay at this hostel. The price is attractive but the place is literally a bad place. I have lived one year in Brazil an been in many hostels here, and this is by far the worst i have seen.

View all Salvador Bed and Breakfasts