Hospedaria Recanto do Porto Reviews

Av. Sete de Setembro 3438 Ladeira da Barra, Salvador, Brazil

Of all hostels I´ve stayed in across South America, this was the dirtiest by far. There is 1 toilet in the female bathroom, which was dirty for 12 hours because the cleaner was not there & the 2 other workers at the hostel refused to clean. My bed was not ready when I arrived at night, and the worker just threw the old sheets onto the floor outside the room. I had to leave in early morning and was only able to get out because I could fit my hand through the gate to ring bell and wake owner.

It is a very good hostel, it a good location and a very good place to make friends. The bathrooms are not very nice, but it is ok.

We really enjoyed staying in this hostel the staff were extremely welcoming and took care of our needs. The breakfast was pretty decent with a lot of fruit. The area was a good location for the beach and restaurants.

The staff was very cool, always helping me with what I needed. It´s just what I needed, a safe place to leave my bags and to sleep a couple of hours. Good breakfast.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Nice place located by a nice and not so crazy beach. Good value for your money, I would stay again.

Es muy sucio el hostel y hasta en la cama habían pequeñas hormigas.

A localização é otima e os staffs tbm. A limpeza é ruim. Fui na epoca da copa do mundo, estava tudo muito lotado, talvez o por isso o banheiro esta em petição de miséria! no mais, um bom lugar, eu voltaria. otimo custo beneficio.

This hostel is quite a paradox: superb location, lovely staff but the facilities are zero AND the information is very missleading the website. When I booked and room with 4 beds I thought that the room would have 4 beds. The truth is that gettting getting there the room had 14 beds that, separated by walls it look a room with 4 BUT, please, we are inteligent: there is only one room with 14 beds ad one bathroom. Window are rusty and broken, the lockers are brokend and unsafe. NOT GOOD AT ALL

When we arrived we were chucked into our room not told anything about the place. It's was over priced, damp everywhere, locks and taps falling off, they bleached our clothes in the laundry and lost some of them. The location was ok but the beach was full of drugged up people so quite scary. He even tried over charging us for the room. Terrible, probably the worst place I've stayed

• 24th Jun 2014

great location, very cheap for dates during the world cup but cleanliness of the hostel (especially the bathrooms) could definitely be improved

I strongly recommend not to stay at this hostel. The price is attractive but the place is literally a bad place. I have lived one year in Brazil an been in many hostels here, and this is by far the worst i have seen.

Unos de los peores hostel en los que me aloje. NO habia limpieza tanto en los baços como el la cocina.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

We stayed during the world cup and it seemed to be the only place in Salvador that wasn't charging through the roof. Not the best hostel I've ever stayed in but any hardened traveller would cope just fine. A stone's thrown from the beach at Barra so can't complain about the location. Ticks all the basics boxes but maybe could do with a lick of paint and cementing over a few cracks.

Staff was very nice. It was all pretty clean, but the kitchen. Most of the showers had no hot water, and the kitchen is small and awful. Some of the double rooms were terrible, my single room was nice. Location is great, very safe, close to Farol and the beach, and also close enough to walk to Pelourinho. There are plenty of buses in the area.

Filthy, no locks on bathrooms, expensive. Stay somewhere else.

We stayed here during the world cup so we expected it to be busy, but when we got there the first thing we saw was an argument between the hostel owner and another traveller who had been asked to sleep on the floor because the place was overbooked and had been all week. We were lucky to get our beds! Additionally the sheets we were provided with for our dorm were either filthy or still wet and there were not enough showers for the number of people staying (also the bathrooms didn´t have locks).

This hostel was disappointing. It was "cheap", so my travel mates and I weren't expecting a clean/friendly atmosphere, but it was so bad that we decided to leave after a night even though we lost a large deposit. The rooms were tiny and dirty, and the sheets reeked of must. There were bugs, and the showers and toilets were grimy and disgusting. The owner was hostile and employees rude. We found another hostel for $5 less per night that was much cleaner, so take the time to find something else.

Por pouco mais é possível conseguir uma alternativa melhor, inclusive na mesma rua.

View all Salvador Bed and Breakfasts