Hospedaria da Glória Reviews

Rua Do Catete, 34 Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This place is like tiny jail cells in a bad neighborhood with a staff that doesn't speak a word of English. They didn't have my reservation. The hall ways are tiny and the stairs are so small and steep they are actually dangerous. The room was smaller than a bathroom. The bed was ancient. The bed sheets were so old and stained I was scared to touch them. There was an old tv in the room which was kinda cool, but the reception is terrible and there is only like 3 channels. There was a fan too

Can't really complain about this hostel, it's not the best looking hostel I've ever stayed at but I had a private room, the bed was comfy it was clean and that's all that mattered as I was only there to sleep

Need more cleaning. Need breakfast. Need someone to speak English.

Did not speak english

The place is very quiet, not the tipical hostel with a lot of activities. But is a place very cheap in a very good location in Catete. Is near to Flamengo and Marina da Gloria. Is near to the center too. If you need some place good and cheap in Rio this is the place.

Had a great stay here at the height of the World Cup and I can't believe the comments from others about this hostel - the staff couldn't do enough for me even though I couldn't speak any of the language - they provided me with another TV when the one in my room wasn't working which to me meant a lot - after all its a hostel not a hotel, get real. It is in a great area full of atmosphere, near the beach and lots of facilities such as shops, banks and places to eat on the doorstep.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels