Hostal Akumal Reviews

Av. 16 de Septiembre #33 Barrio de Mexicanos, entre Guatemala y Venezuela.., San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Really chill hostel with helpful staff. The location is pretty good, 4 blocks to the collectivos and 4 from the town center. The vibe is laid back. I did get bit up a bit in our room and the kitchen could use a great cleaning. With that said, I liked our stay and enjoyed our hosts who are managing it in the absence of the owners.

In one word, Fantastic! Warm, friendly and informative staff! Views of the skyline for NYE was extra special! The hostel has two hammocks which in the afternoon sun is glorious! Shout out to Lewis and Manu who really helped make San Cristobal a totally wonderful and memorable experience for us. Hope to stay again in the future.

Loved it, Manuela and Louis are the greatest - so friendly and welcoming - really easy to hang with. Super sweet little hostel - great dog - likes socks. You get cooked a super breakfast by Manuela and free coffee all day. I felt like I was staying in someone's flat rather than a hostel. Showers hot, loads of blankets for chilly eves, good kitchen and right by the market. Stay here!

• 19th Dec 2014

Great hostel with great staff!! The atmosphere was warm and friendly. Good breakfast!

nice staff but kind of a sketchy place

Im not sure if you were searching for a HOTEL, like you told me, or a hostel, just chek before you make your bookings, im really sorry that your long experience (5min), in my hostel was so bad. The next time you are very welcome to stay here with a great discount and if you dont like something just tell me and with all my love i change it for you, just dont forget to pay, if you are still here in san cristobal, i can invite you a coffee and maybe you can give me my money it would be fair

I had only one night at the hostel. The location is quite good, very close to the markets and just a few blocks away from the city centre. The host was really nice to us. The room was cold but we got extra blankets so was not an issue. It has it's own kitchen so I guess whoever wants to save money there's an option to cook.

Basic hostel with family atmosphere. Friendly owner that prepares a tasty breakfast and the best wifi I had in Mexico.

Amazing brekky cooked by he lovely Manu, loads of ambiance! Such a cool place to kick it and see san cristobal from! Very personal and homey- best hostel ever!

this place is definitely good value for money! one of the best features is definitely the location, its like 100m from the city center. Manu was super nice, helped us out with tours and everything we needed and made a fantastic breakfast. the place has a homey feel, more of a house than a hostel.

Very loud hostel, Manu was great and the brekky was pretty good but absolutely not worth the money they charge for the double room. Bed was pretty manky. If you stay here head away from the main square when you leave the door and you will find an amazing local market.

Generally all good. Nice breakfast, hot showers, 5 mins fromthe mainplazaand friendly/helpful staff!

Great atmosphere, don't miss the sunsets on the rooftop!

• 28th Jul 2014