Hostal Akumal Reviews

Av. 16 de Septiembre #33 Barrio de Mexicanos, entre Guatemala y Venezuela.., San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Great location, in the center part of town but not on one of the busy streets so you can *slip away.* Small place, just a couple of rooms. Dorms were nice, though the mattresses were a bit worn (could feel each and every spring). However, the guy that runs the place was super helpful and welcoming and really added a lot of value.

Erick was a fantastic host and really made us feel welcome. We left late on departure day as had to catch a night bus and erick kindly let us use facilities until we needed to catch our bus. Thank you for a great stay in San cristobal.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Awesome Hostel. Cool staff , great spot to start the discovery adeventure in San Cristobal. Best Hostel to meet good people, enjoy life.

Really chill hostel with helpful staff. The location is pretty good, 4 blocks to the collectivos and 4 from the town center. The vibe is laid back. I did get bit up a bit in our room and the kitchen could use a great cleaning. With that said, I liked our stay and enjoyed our hosts who are managing it in the absence of the owners.

In one word, Fantastic! Warm, friendly and informative staff! Views of the skyline for NYE was extra special! The hostel has two hammocks which in the afternoon sun is glorious! Shout out to Lewis and Manu who really helped make San Cristobal a totally wonderful and memorable experience for us. Hope to stay again in the future.

The staff were super lovely and accommodating. The breakfast was delicious. Comfy and hot showers!!! Winning!!

Loved it, Manuela and Louis are the greatest - so friendly and welcoming - really easy to hang with. Super sweet little hostel - great dog - likes socks. You get cooked a super breakfast by Manuela and free coffee all day. I felt like I was staying in someone's flat rather than a hostel. Showers hot, loads of blankets for chilly eves, good kitchen and right by the market. Stay here!

• 19th Dec 2014

Great hostel with great staff!! The atmosphere was warm and friendly. Good breakfast!

nice staff but kind of a sketchy place

Im not sure if you were searching for a HOTEL, like you told me, or a hostel, just chek before you make your bookings, im really sorry that your long experience (5min), in my hostel was so bad. The next time you are very welcome to stay here with a great discount and if you dont like something just tell me and with all my love i change it for you, just dont forget to pay, if you are still here in san cristobal, i can invite you a coffee and maybe you can give me my money it would be fair

I had only one night at the hostel. The location is quite good, very close to the markets and just a few blocks away from the city centre. The host was really nice to us. The room was cold but we got extra blankets so was not an issue. It has it's own kitchen so I guess whoever wants to save money there's an option to cook.

Basic hostel with family atmosphere. Friendly owner that prepares a tasty breakfast and the best wifi I had in Mexico.

View all San Cristobal de las Casas Hostels