Hostal Aleman Reviews

Calle Anzio 56, Panama City, Panama

A warm welcome will surely await you upon arrival at Aleman. Landing late into tocumen airport I decided to opt for this place due to its relative proximity to the airport rather than head straight for the hectic centro ciudad. I could not have wished for a more welcoming arrival from Patrick and this topped with the awesome free breakfast of cheeses and meats, toast and jam, and fresh coffee, juice and fruit means I would not hesitate to stay here again. There is also a 24hr supermarket :)

• 12th May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was planned to be an 'in-transit' stay but I ended up enjoying every minute. The owners and the other travelers were so nice and having a BBQ with all of them was a great way to say goodbye. I highly recommend this place.

Place had a wonderful atmosphere, excellent breakfast. Hostal was clean and neat. The private room had good air condition needed in April. Location is within walking distance of restaurants, supermarket, retail mall, and banks. You can easily find close by bus and taxi. It is close to Panama Viejo, which had all colonial and cathedral ruins. Location work well for me as I had visited before Panama. Manager was helpful considering I arrived in early am hours due to late flight.

• 17th Apr 2014

Great breakfast and lovely welcome at 5am in the morning. Thanks again for that. Unfortunately the location is not very central.

Thanks for a great stay, great service made us feel at home! Michiel & Marijn

• 1st Apr 2014

Too far from the center and rather a private home of the owners who rent out their spare rooms. Poor internet. No aircondition or tourist agency although statet. The worst was that the mother was sleeping on the couch in the livingroom one night and the whole room smelled like her beerbreath.

Of course we are not at the center of the town,you knew that when you made the booking since there is a map of our location.Every hostel is a private owned house that is transformed into a hostel.We have a 3Mbit conection,all the other clients had no problems,check your laptob/tablet.In the room description is stated wich room has A/C and wich not,you choosed one without.In no place whatsoever have we stated that we are a tourist agency,that is a fallacy of yours.

A bit off the beaten path, but good for an early AM flight from airport. Staff was there to greet us and rooms were immaculate and comfortable.

• 24th Mar 2014