Hostal Almanzor Reviews

Carrera de San Jer�nimo 11, 2�, Madrid, Spain

Single room smaller tha expected, absolutely not for claustrophobics. Huge cockroaches in the shared bathroom to adopt as a pet. Great location.

The single room is extremely small even if a single bad is just fit the room. The room smells sewer because room' s window is logging in to the apartment channel space. There is not an air conditioning. In general the furniture was worn, the bad is uncomfortable and towel were not clean. Moreover The stuff can not speak english. So they did not help about anything.The stuff did not detract the deposit which I had paid online. That's why I paid much more money than amount due.

It was my last 2 nights in Spain and Europe, stayed in about 20 hostels in the last 4 weeks, location is great. I didn't like the room, because they give me a small room and it felt like I was in jail, no window, only 4 walls and one door. The place is very safe and clean, wi-fi didn't work in my room and if there was a free breakfast, no one told me and I haven't seen it. Overall average inexpensive hostel, perfect location and fairly quiet. **NO ONE IS SPEAKING ENGLISH** brush on you Spanish

The room was extremely small and had insects including cockroaches. I was changed to another room cuz i complained but the receptionist was rude and i really had to fight it. Actually the receptionist didnt even now how to give turistical advice neither using the map of the city. He didnt even know how to place the hostel in the map. Also is rude the way he speaks and the told me aweful things about my country. Hostel is pretty lame. Book something else.

I had a single room, without a window, very small. The towels are untidy. Even if you are looking for a cheap room - I don't recommend this hostal.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Poland

+ About "atmosphere":. The place was very quiet, and that is what I want. + The windows faced a heavily trafficked streat, but were double, so the noise was hardly notieable. + The personnel was not effusive, but correct and polite, which is fine with me, and I could leave my key in reception, sure that my call would be attended even if I came late. Furnishing and fittings very plain, but for that price, fine.

This is a comfortable, quiet hostel; more like a motel with its little private rooms. Best brush up on your Spanish; the staff I encountered didn't speak any English.

I was satisfied with my stay. I spent six nights at Almanzor. I found the people at reception courteous and friendly. The hostal wasn't five-star but I searched for cheap accommodation and paid for cheap accommodation. I had a single room. It was small but adequate for what I required and it was quiet. The showers and toilet worked and they were clean and maintained by the staff. There is scaffolding in the entry to the building but that is an issue for the owners, not the hostal.

This hostel was a pretty standard hotel-ish place, lots of individual rooms and people keeping to themselves. The whole case was kind of hot and dingy, but it was a good value for the cost.

Good value for money. Clean rooms, more a boarding house than a hostel.

• 28th Feb 2014