Hostal Ambar Backpackers Reviews

Mercado # 554, entre av. Cañoto e Isoso, Santa Cruz, Bolivia

Hostel has great location, very close to the city centre, all shopping markets, bus to all points of interest including airport. However, there is no atmosphere there, dark, the owner/manager is very strange, makes you feel that you are unwelcome. You cannot use kitchen, you have to pay for everything even if you want to boil water to make a coffee. There is not too many guests so you feel more like in a hostel than hostel.

Do yourselves a favour and stay elsewhere. The place is dated, dirty and has no atmosphere. The manager is rude and it felt like I was interrupting his computer time when I checked in. He handed me the key and I had to find the room myself. Add to that you have to pay extra to use kitchen utensils as they are all locked up. Swimming pool is also empty. The only positive: pretty good wifi.

View all Santa Cruz Bed and Breakfasts