8.1
Fabulous 187 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 187 Total Reviews
Hostal Antigua Located at 5a Ave Sur #22, , Antigua.
Guatemala
Antigua 03001 5a Ave Sur #22
81% 187
14.5548409 -90.7342922
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 18-24
28th Jul 2016
7.4

This hostel was fine as the other more popular hostels in town were booked up. This was the most I paid for a hostel in Antigua at Q80. They claimed that hostel world took a commission and this was the reason that I had to pay so much - this was bit confusing. Anyways, not my favourite hostels in Antigua but it was okay for 2 nights. No real atmosphere but great roof top patio.

15th Jul 2016

Pretty, great location, close to everything. I stayed in a 12 room dorm and it was okay. The bed was pretty comfy. There was locker space and they provided a key. The staff was helpful....they helped organize a volcano hike and a bus to Lanquin. They have water and coffee and give you a towel. They have reliable wifi. It's a fairly calm place to stay. I stayed 2 nights and it was perfectly fine.

9th Jul 2016

Was only here for a night. The place was one of the cleanest I've stayed in and the beds reasonably comfortable. Not much of an atmosphere but it is only located a block from the city center where there are many places to spend an evening.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
25th Jun 2016
4.3

the location is great and everything was clean, the lady at the reception was somehow helpful, but the entire treatment with guests ( starting to clean beds as soon as the first people in dorms check out 8:15 am) and the for guatemala incredible prices make this hostal by far not worth a visit!

• AtlantaJR
  • England, Female, 18-24
11th Jun 2016

Really nice hostel, always clean and staff are friendly. Though toilets in the rooms are a bit awkward and you cant really socialise as the terrace shuts at 9.

• USA, Male, 41+
2nd May 2016

The hostel is fairly good by hostel standards, Very affordable with all the same basic amenities that one can expect in a hostel. I would recommend it for the budget traveller.

• Argentina, Female, 31-40
23rd Mar 2016

Everyrhing was ok. The only thing is it charges about 6% for paying with credit card. I did not expect that because it is not mention in the conditions.

• Mexico, Female, 31-40
23rd Mar 2016

At first I was taken by the 22% tax fee added in my arrival, I honestly enjoyed my time here. They clean everyday and they change ur sheets almost everyday even if you are staying another night. I went on Semana Santa and I stayed one more day because I got sick and the lady in the counter helped me call everyone to rearrange my departure day. She even let me in a private room before hand so I can rest without disturbance. Would return!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
21st Mar 2016

This hostel was great! Great location near the arc and la plaza central, clean beds and bathrooms everyday plus clean towels everyday, great security with lockers, places to hangout outside and on the roof, it was quite at night, overall very positive experience. My only complaints are that the staff could have been a little more friendly and it was a bit expensive in my opinion (however we stayed over Semana Santa when everything gets to be more expensive).

19th Mar 2016

Such a great and beautiful little hostel! Maria was amazing and so helpful even before we got there! She helped book mine and my gf's shuttles to get there, booked our volcano hike, and gave great advice and recs for the town! Fresh coffee was made throughout the day! Great security too with high walls and locked door. They asked if you wanted your room cleaned every day. Also great rooftop with chairs for relaxing! Friendly cats hang out up there too to relax.