Hostal Antigua Reviews

5a Ave Sur #22, Antigua, Guatemala

Good location Comfortable beds The whole hostel is very clean, never seen before on our trip!

The staff are so friendly and helpful. My purse was stolen on the tourbus that they booked for me to go to Volcano Pacaya (advice: do not book Pacaya with the hostel) but they did help me by calling the tour company and directing me to the tourism police. The place is cleaned thoroughly every day and sheets changed. Strong wifi signal throughout. Great location by the main plaza & everything is within a few minutes walk, yet was still quiet at night. Not a party hostel. Very relaxing.

My room was not ready so they sent me to a hotel and said they would honor the price but I ended up paying 22% more on the bill

• 21st Jan 2016

Fantastic place to stay. Staff amazing and ready to give any help and tips to eat well and explore.Not a party hostel, but safe, reliable and just one block away from the center of the action with all the amenities you need, including complimentary water and coffee just behind your room. From the terrace you can see the lava fire at night from the nearby volcano

Nice hostel. Awesome location. Airport pickup at ~1030pm was no issue.

We only stayed for 1 night but were met with great hospitality from Victor, the night receptionist (24 hour staffing). He helped us with shuttle enquiries in Spanish when ours was late in the wee hours of the morning (our Spanish is very poor). The dorm room was clean, with male and female ensuites and the other guests were pleasant. Rooftop area upstairs. Great wifi.

One of the most clean hostels ive stayed on!

This is the second time we have stayed at Hostel Antigua, again a great experience. Don't expect a party if that is what you are looking for it's a pretty low key hostel.

Great price, staff was friendly, rooms were small but clean and the location is perfect, only a couple of blocks from the main square. The atmosphere lacks the usual backpackers' hostel vibe, possibly due to the relative lack of a common area, but it worked out for me. I definitely recommend this hostel!

Great location, staff are helpful and friendly.

Staff were really helpful. Location was close to action but far enough away to get peace for a good night's sleep.