8.4
Fabulous 170 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 170 Total Reviews
Hostal Antigua Located at 5a Ave Sur #22, , Antigua.
Guatemala
Antigua 03001 5a Ave Sur #22
84% 170
14.5548409 -90.7342922
    Rooms available

• Argentina, Female, 31-40
23rd Mar 2016

Everyrhing was ok. The only thing is it charges about 6% for paying with credit card. I did not expect that because it is not mention in the conditions.

• Mexico, Female, 31-40
23rd Mar 2016

At first I was taken by the 22% tax fee added in my arrival, I honestly enjoyed my time here. They clean everyday and they change ur sheets almost everyday even if you are staying another night. I went on Semana Santa and I stayed one more day because I got sick and the lady in the counter helped me call everyone to rearrange my departure day. She even let me in a private room before hand so I can rest without disturbance. Would return!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
21st Mar 2016

This hostel was great! Great location near the arc and la plaza central, clean beds and bathrooms everyday plus clean towels everyday, great security with lockers, places to hangout outside and on the roof, it was quite at night, overall very positive experience. My only complaints are that the staff could have been a little more friendly and it was a bit expensive in my opinion (however we stayed over Semana Santa when everything gets to be more expensive).

19th Mar 2016

Such a great and beautiful little hostel! Maria was amazing and so helpful even before we got there! She helped book mine and my gf's shuttles to get there, booked our volcano hike, and gave great advice and recs for the town! Fresh coffee was made throughout the day! Great security too with high walls and locked door. They asked if you wanted your room cleaned every day. Also great rooftop with chairs for relaxing! Friendly cats hang out up there too to relax.

• Australia, Couple, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
14th Feb 2016
7.4

The hostel was OK but there really wasn't much of a vibe. The bathroom inside the dorm makes it very awkward to use the toilet. The upstairs terrace could be something really special, but it's not. It is just a concrete space with too many rules. Unable to smoke up there in the open. We checked out the next day.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
14th Feb 2016

I absolutely love this hostel, it is in a great location, only one block away from the main square. It is also the first hostel I've been to in Guatemala that I've found really clean which is great. The only thing is that the terrace is closed at 9pm so there's not much to do at night but it's a great place if you just want to relax.

• England, Male, 31-40
12th Feb 2016
5.4

Disappointed after staying 4 nights and then hiking Acatenango that when I returned I wasn't allowed to use the shower because I wasn't staying that night. Poor service. I was also given incorrect information on how to get to Guatemala City and ended up in the wrong zone needing to get a taxi 15 minutes instead of the two block walk I was told it would take.

• Canada, Couple, 31-40
26th Jan 2016

More like a guesthouse than a hostel... Not super social. No games or activities, etc. Very quiet and secure..private room w private bathroom was fine..comfy...Very small, limited kitchen but usually wasnt much of an issue... Location was great.. Close to everything.. Unable to access deck or kitchen after 9 pm until 7 am..

• Switzerland, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
26th Jan 2016

Good location Comfortable beds The whole hostel is very clean, never seen before on our trip!

• England, Female, 25-30
26th Jan 2016

The staff are so friendly and helpful. My purse was stolen on the tourbus that they booked for me to go to Volcano Pacaya (advice: do not book Pacaya with the hostel) but they did help me by calling the tour company and directing me to the tourism police. The place is cleaned thoroughly every day and sheets changed. Strong wifi signal throughout. Great location by the main plaza & everything is within a few minutes walk, yet was still quiet at night. Not a party hostel. Very relaxing.