Hostal Antigua Reviews

5a Ave Sur #22, Antigua, Guatemala

Very nice, clean, 'quiet' hostel, with average staff and in a great location. Little on the pricey side and really more of a hotel than a hostel. Four bed dorm was a bit of a squeeze but the ensuite was cleaned daily and sheets changed every two days. All-in-all if you want a quiet clean place, with easy walking distance to the sights, and don't mind paying extra - this could be your place!

I love this hostel. Great location. Very secure and clean with cable tv in the rooms. I stay here every time I come to Antigua.

Great location and excellent value for money. If you're looking for a party hostel it's probably not the best choice, but otherwise a lovely place to stay and explore Antigua. The staff were very helpful and pleasant, and the night porter in particular went out of his way to help us when we needed to see a doctor (turns out petting the friendly dogs on the Pacaya volcano tour is not a good idea!).

• 16th Sep 2014

Located right off the main square, this place is an excellent location. It is right by the markets, many restaurants, and some sight seeing. It is right by Old Town Outfitters if you are doing a trip through them as well. I enjoyed the room, the bed was decent, and I didn't have any complaints. If you got back late or left early they accommodated without even requesting them. It was a really nice place, and if I revisit Granada I would consider staying here again.